• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
First off, they put Sif from Dark Souls into a Pokemon game.

Second, I'm still taking Shinobi602's word that Banjo Kazooie are going to be in Smash Ultimate

AugustusB

Smash Champion
how about we complicate things even further?

another pokemon leak that got proven right confrmed that grookey's final evo is a drum-playing gorilla, and there was this smash leak a few weeks ago that mentioned a drum-playing gorilla evo called baboom

....what is right about this post? I am not seeing it...

EDIT: Or is this a joke and it flew by my head?

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
I'm happy with playable Banjo, but it would be weird to have him and not have a stage that represents his franchise. If we are getting this fabled Minecraft content, I'm more inclined to believe that it's Mii costumes rather than a stage or character. I think costumes would be the best way to represent it.

This is of course assuming that Verge is right. He's been saying Minecraft content for months and it still hasn't happened. It could very well be leakbait.
No, I mean Banjo is FP character 2 and gets a stage and music, then they add a separate minecraft stage as well, like a bundle or like what they did with Duck Hunt's stage for 4's DLC.

TemporalShrew

Smash Journeyman

another pokemon leak that got proven right confrmed that grookey's final evo is a drum-playing gorilla, and there was this smash leak a few weeks ago that mentioned a drum-playing gorilla evo called baboom

One one hand, I would die and return to life again if Phoenix got confirmed for Smash.

On the other hand, no Banjo, and instead we get another Fire Emblem rep. Hmmmmmmmm.

(Also, I don't see how a Countess echo works for Joker, since she uses two completely different weapons from Joker - i.e. a massive old-fashioned flint-lock pistol and, I believe, a saber, never mind having a completely different Persona for sure).

ze9

Smash Ace
Ok, this is devolving into pure chaos once again. I think I'll jump off this train until E3.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace

This is why I don't take 4Chan text leaks seriously. They're a dime a dozen and anyone can make them. They even have contradictory information and others mix real info with fake info.

So yeah, I'm not buying any 4Chan text leak right now. I'll trust the guy who has correctly leaked stuff in the past and has an incredible track record.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Most named leakers are saying Banjo, no reason to panic, but it is good to cool down the coals in the hype train. Noting is certain yet.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
(Also, I don't see how a Countess echo works for Joker, since she uses two completely different weapons from Joker - i.e. a massive old-fashioned flint-lock pistol and, I believe, a saber, never mind having a completely different Persona for sure).
interestingly, kasumi/countess is the one thing on that list we actually have datamined evidence for

Last edited:

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
I don’t think people should give a 4chan leak credence just because it says grookey final evo is a gorilla that plays the drums. Lots of people have speculated that specifically considering Britain’s history with rock music and grookey whacking things with a stick.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
The other 4chan leak, that got just about everything in the direct, mentions Grookey having a final evolution that's the same as the one in that Smash rumour.
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/463209182/#463209182
I see. Thank you.

Hrmmm....If the name of the evolution was there, I would give this a big old scratch of the head.

However, is it hard to think of Grooky as anything other than a Gorilla currently? For all we know, we could be blind sided like we were with Litten. Would have loved a fire cat...not a Bipedal walking tiger.

It is hard to say. There was a Wooloo mentioned...big hmmmmm

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
This is why I don't take 4Chan text leaks seriously. They're a dime a dozen and anyone can make them. They even have contradictory information and others mix real info with fake info.

So yeah, I'm not buying any 4Chan text leak right now. I'll trust the guy who has correctly leaked stuff in the past and has an incredible track record.
An incredible track record for other games, by other companies. The only thing he ever mentioned for Ultimate, or Nintendo in general, ever, is Ridley.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
I'm going to drop this here just to get it out of the way. Before everyone starts to panic over this
IMG_20190605_144205.jpg

Take note of the post date
20190605_102124.jpg

This is a bogus fake leak going around from someone who just saw the Direct and tried to start something. Banjo ain't dead yet

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
The other 4chan leak, that got just about everything in the direct, mentions Grookey having a final evolution that's the same as the one in that Smash rumour.
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/463209182/#463209182
Yeah sounds like to me that this guy piggybacked off that leak and added some Smash stuff to **** with people. I think Banjo is safe but as I said, I have the seed of doubt in my head lol.
interestingly, kasumi/countess is the one thing on that list we actually have datamined evidence for
I think Kasumi is a given regardless given the datamine, more than likely releasing around the time P5R releases.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I'm going to drop this here just to get it out of the way. Before everyone starts to panic over this
View attachment 225984
View attachment 225986

This is a bogus fake leak going around from someone who just saw the Direct and tried to start something. Banjo ain't dead yet
It was posted ~2 hours before the Direct.

I don't get what's wrong with the date. Direct aired on the 5th here and the timestamp given for me shows it was indeed before the Direct.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
View attachment 225984
View attachment 225986

To play Devil's Advocate, E3 info is also circulating around, so if Erdrick and Doomguy are a dual-reveal for E3 it'd make sense to know that info and include it alongside the Legendary Wolves' names.
Found one tweet about doom's offical twitter account in smash bros, this will make the /VP/ leak fake.
Yes, because a tweet complying with the obvious NDA agreement that would come with this inclusion totally disproves this leak.

It could also be teasing since it's not an outright disconfirmation, similar to how Adam Howden teased fans before Shulk's reveal.

Last edited:

ze9

Smash Ace
An incredible track record for other games, by other companies. The only thing he ever mentioned for Ultimate, or Nintendo in general, ever, is Ridley.
Banjo would involve Microsoft, though.
The "no Banjo" part is kind of dumb anyways. A leaker would know who's in, not who's NOT in. Unless he knows who all the 5 characters are...

Namasura

Smash Journeyman
View attachment 225984
View attachment 225986

The timestamp changes depending on your computer's timezone. Mine goes Wed 05 Jun 2019 08:17:56 No.38785249 and as I write it is 11 AM

Though... if this person knows so much in advance, why can they just leak pokemon right before the video? Fishy

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
The timestamp changes depending on your computer's timezone. Mine goes Wed 05 Jun 2019 08:17:56 No.38785249
Isn't that natural though, considering different timezones would have to account for differences in time (i.e. add/subtract three hours depending on which coast you're in)?

Last edited:

Bomber57

Smash Cadet
Struggling to embed images, heck.
There's a post from 4chan that does a pretty good job of explaining why that Pokemon leak is so suspicious. If they really knew anything, they would've gone into so much more detail about what was all featured in the Pokemon direct.

Last edited:

Datboigeno

Smash Lord

There's a post from 4chan that does a pretty good job of explaining why that Pokemon leak is so suspicious. If they really knew anything, they would've gone into so much more detail about what was all featured in the Pokemon direct.
Yeah. Even if they had just copy/pasted a substantial amount of information from the Pokémon leak that is seeming like it’s probably correct it’d have more legitimacy.

How often is the thread this packed
It’s at least tripled over the past week

Last edited:

BZocky

Smash Ace
View attachment 225984
View attachment 225986

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77761609/922818872

Looks like the guy was possibly piggybacking.

More verification that the guy was probably piggybacking.
The bear and bird’s wild ride never ends :wario:

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77761609/922818872

Looks like the guy was possibly piggybacking.

More verification that the guy was probably piggybacking.
That's exactly what I thought. The info was already out there for several hours before. This person got wind of the legendary names, and then added in random speculation into their 4chan troll leak.

This is someone who is trolling Banjo fans. They're not credible and they're not worth losing sleep over.

I'm still sticking with Shinobi.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
This roller coaster will end next week.

How sweet it would be to FINALLY, after ALL the ups and downs we've been through see our favorite bear and bird in smash.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
That's exactly what I thought. The info was already out there for several hours before. This person got wind of the legendary names, and then added in random speculation into their 4chan troll leak.

This is someone who is trolling Banjo fans. They're not credible and they're not worth losing sleep over.

I'm still sticking with Shinobi.
Ditto. I had a feeling this was just pure piggybacking as some person from 4Chan would do to troll others.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Okay, but what about the other leak? The one with Baboom and Phoenix Wright? Nothing concrete has been given to disprove that.

I'm just sayin'.

ze9

Smash Ace
Ok, after Sabi's insight I think we're safe again, for now.
This is spiraling out of control just like the grinch leak, though. Relevant:

Top Bottom