• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I still have a hard time believe Erdrick isn't leakbait. If he's in, he's officially the worst kept secret in Smash history. At least Steve has reasonable doubt making him 50/50
Plus the whole list are names put out there by SE right? if so, why would they risk a real name? leakbait is for misguiding, not the opposite, and three names from DQ, imo, just makes it more unlikely, because it would be too suspicious otherwise. SE is good at keeping things under wraps. I also doubt Erdrick entirely for the reasons ppl are bitting too hard for him, it makes no sense. The "me and these others also heard the name" doesnt stop something from being leakbait being spread around to multiple sources, and it's a super weak reason to believe someone anyway, not sure why ppl can't understand that lol, I guess bias blinds people. To me anyone from the SE list are just as likely and unlikely since they are names put out by SE, it could be none of them as well in the end. Plus it's clear with all he leakers' silence that no one knows ****, specially since Joker wasn't leaked by any of them.

Last edited:

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
So I may take flight from this forum fairly soon but before I do I just want to say good luck and I hope Banjo gets in.

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
Anyone apart of his discord?
Sabi (@New_WabiSabi) Tweeted:
I’ve thought long and hard on it. So, I THINK I’ve come to a conclusion. But, I want your opinions. What I could do is share e3 info on only my Discord server, as the stuff I post on there always stays under wraps. Tell me your thoughts, I’m listening! I’ll do whatever you ask.

https://twitter.com/New_WabiSabi/status/1134493567676608513?s=17

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Toon Link, unlike Lucas and Falco is the same character as the character he clones from. Toon Link has a boomerang that acts the same as Young Link, Toon Link has Bombs that act the same as Young Link, Toon Link has a Spin Attack that functions identically to Young Link. I cannot count Lucas since he has an entirely different moveset from Ness with even his similar moves acting different from each other.
Young Link is only here because of all vets returning. Toon Link was his replacement but even still that's two moves that still do have differences and the rest are changed a lot.

Brothanigus

Smash Apprentice
18 echos?

There are like 7.
Joker(since every one of his moves are direct rips from other characters. He's a roster clone.)
Falco
Wolf
Lucas
Dark Samus
Pichu
Dr. Mario(yes he's still a clone)
Lucina
Marth
Chrom
Lucario
Dark Pit
Toon Link
Young Link
Falcondorf(no idea why Ganondorf is still a clone after 5 games. Literally the dumbest thing about the smash franchise. This is like if Ridley were a clone of Charizard.)
Ken
Richter

Edit it's 19 I forgot Daisy.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I’ve thought long and hard on it. So, I THINK I’ve come to a conclusion. But, I want your opinions. What I could do is share e3 info on only my Discord server, as the stuff I post on there always stays under wraps. Tell me your thoughts, I’m listening! I’ll do whatever you ask.

All I want to know is that the reveals aren't Minecraft and Dragon Quest. Thats all I want to know. You can keep all the other announcements a complete secret.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I don't get what's with people and Joker taking his moves from other characters.

I've only noticed Eigon or whatever it was called being similar to Arcfire and PK Fire, and it's still very different. There's also the comparison between his grappling hook and Ivysaur's Vine Whip and they don't work the same at all aside from being diagonal. The only thing is his counter which is different than other characters', and his up-special being similar to Pit's when Arsene is with him. His gunfire isn't like Bayonetta's and from what I remember he uses his dagger different from the sword characters.

Plus other characters share similar move animations or even the moves themselves, like the multiple fighters that use their fists.

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Joker(since every one of his moves are direct rips from other characters. He's a roster clone.)
Falco
Wolf
Lucas
Dark Samus
Pichu
Lucina
Marth
Chrom
Lucario
Dark Pit
Toon Link
Young Link
Falcondorf(no idea why Ganondorf is still a clone after 5 games. Literally the dumbest thing about the smash franchise. This is like if Ridley were a clone of Charizard.)
Ken
Richter

First off, your reasoning for Joker being a clone is pretty damn ridiculous; multiple characters share move animations, that doesn't make them clones. Plus, Joker's Rebellion Meter gives him a mechanic of his own.

Second, most of the characters you listed are SEMI-clones, i.e. characters that do share some similarities in animations/movesets, but ultimately have enough differences (in either moveset or general stats such as weight, power, or running speed) that they aren't just copy/paste.

Finally, why the hell are Marth and Lucario on that list? Marth didn't copy ANYONE from the previous games, and the only move that Lucario shares in a sense is Aura Sphere, which does resemble Mewtwo's Shadow Ball. However, that's it, and one move shared between the two does NOT make him a clone! By that logic, Fox is a clone of Mario because his Neutral Air is basically the same!

The only true Echo Fighters are the ones that are designated as such, and there are only seven of those!

At this point, I seriously have to question if you're just some troll, because you've contributed almost nothing positive to this thread since you first appeared.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Falco
Wolf
Lucas
Dark Samus
Pichu
Lucina
Marth
Chrom
Lucario
Dark Pit
Toon Link
Young Link
Ken
Richter

Lucario has roughly one move in common with Mewtwo, while Falco and Wolf mainly share their specials with Fox - their base attacks are different. (and even then, Wolf's specials act quite differently) Marth's a character that an echo is based off of (if you count him, then you might as well count Samus, Fox, etc., which seems like an artificial way to inflate the count).

Roughly half of Lucas's moves are different from Ness's, and Ganondorf's moves have changed enough over the years that the main thing that he has in common with Falcon are two special moves.

Echo fighters are the same size and stature as the characters that they're based on, so Toon Link and Young Link don't seem to count when compared to Link. As for Joker, that seems like you're biased and ignoring a lot of his moves - a few of his moves might have similarities to what other characters have, but by that logic, you might as well say that Cloud is an Ike echo (which also makes no sense).

I'm not sure if the differences between Mario and Dr. Mario, or Pikachu and Pichu, are small enough for them to be classified as Echo Fighters, since I don't play as them often, but outside of the characters that the game already classifies as echo fighters, those two are the main/only ones that you could make a case for.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
I still have a hard time believe Erdrick isn't leakbait. If he's in, he's officially the worst kept secret in Smash history. At least Steve has reasonable doubt making him 50/50
But considering Dragon Quest's popularity, wouldn't a character like Erdrick being on wanted lists not be that surprising, so how would it work with him being leakbait? That would be harder to narrow down leak sources.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Falco
Wolf
Lucas
Dark Samus
Pichu
Lucina
Marth
Chrom
Lucario
Dark Pit
Toon Link
Young Link
Ken
Richter

Clones =/= Echo Fighter. Clones have at least some difference from their base character. As for Joker - I guess that means Cloud's an Ike clone since they have some similarities in animations.

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
I'm not sure if the differences between Mario and Dr. Mario, or Pikachu and Pichu, are small enough for them to be classified as Echo Fighters, since I don't play as them often, but outside of the characters that the game already classifies as echo fighters, those two are the main/only ones that you could make a case for.
Honestly, I personally there's enough there to justify them not being Echoes; Dr. Mario is essentially a slower, heavier, more powerful version of Mario, and Pichu is smaller and faster than Pikachu, he has the whole Electric damage mechanic, and I think his electric attacks are actually stronger than Pikachu's, though I might need to check that.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Honestly, I personally there's enough there to justify them not being Echoes; Dr. Mario is essentially a slower, heavier, more powerful version of Mario, and Pichu is smaller and faster than Pikachu, he has the whole Electric damage mechanic, and I think his electric attacks are actually stronger than Pikachu's, though I might need to check that.
Echoes all share the same base model with their counterparts, which simply isn't the case with Pichu and Pikachu.

Fair point with Dr. Mario, even though he also has his fair share of unique and functionally different moves.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
I was thinking that Doc and Pichu aren't echoes as they came from Melee and Sakurai deemed echoes the characters that are similar starting from Smash 4. While Lucina and D Pit were stated to have started in Smash 4 as alt costumes, which would explain them being echoes, so was Doc.

But Ken is more different than Ryu than Doc to Mario but Ken's an echo.

Sooooo........shrug.

Last edited:

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
We still have no definitive proof that Erdrick is in. I mean, I wouldn't be shocked if he's in, but all we have to go by is Verge's word. It's entirely possible that the whole Square thing was leakbait as I have difficulty believing that he knows the DLC that far in advance.
It's not even just Verge though. So many people heard about Erdrick months ago. Like almost immediately after launch when highly secretive SE had a list of supposedly 7 characters. Yet Erdrick is the one most leakers have put their chips on. That to me is suspicious, and then you have to take into consideration the fact that post launch of SSBU there have been some pretty massive leaks regarding Nintendo content that turned out to be fake leaks intentionally planted by Nintendo themselves. Information Verge and others were absolutely sure about like they still are with the Erdrick stuff.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Echoes all share the same base model with their counterparts, which simply isn't the case with Pichu and Pikachu.

Fair point with Dr. Mario, even though he also has his fair share of unique and functionally different moves.
I was thinking more along the lines of stats and moveset rather than model, as most of the Echo Fighters have little to no differences with their original counterparts.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Falco
Wolf
Lucas
Dark Samus
Pichu
Lucina
Marth
Chrom
Lucario
Dark Pit
Toon Link
Young Link
Ken
Richter

Isabelle?

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Isabelle?
No, because he called all the characters he listed there "Echoes" or straight-up clones, when only seven of those actually apply.

Also, Isabelle is a semi-clone of Villager; she's a bit faster than him, has some different standard moves, and has two unique special moves, in particular the fishing rod.

ChaosAngelZone

Smash Cadet
Did anyone get the Peachette spirit yet? i got her.
I just got it a few minutes ago myself. It's pretty cool that they're continuing to add more Spirits sprinkled throughout the updates. I'm curious as to what other random Spirits we'll be getting in the future.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I still don’t understand why Erdrick as the “worst kept secret in Smash” is such an unreasonable stance when we’ve seen things like Gematsu in Smash 4 super early on essentially being correct and characters like Isabelle and Incineroar being known for months before their reveals. Like, yeah, they would have planned the DLC characters ages ago and would have made negotiations with Square Enix even earlier than that. Especially if Square Enix DLC was decided alongside Cloud returning in Smash or something even further back.

The amount of time that something has been “known” doesn’t make it more or less plausible as “leaked information.” And we shouldn’t be operating with that as such a major point of suspicion regarding Erdrick. It’s all certainly curious, but an Erdrick specific leak slipping through the cracks ages ago and only that information isn’t some unreasonable idea...

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
It's not even just Verge though. So many people heard about Erdrick months ago. Like almost immediately after launch when highly secretive SE had a list of supposedly 7 characters. Yet Erdrick is the one most leakers have put their chips on. That to me is suspicious, and then you have to take into consideration the fact that post launch of SSBU there have been some pretty massive leaks regarding Nintendo content that turned out to be fake leaks intentionally planted by Nintendo themselves. Information Verge and others were absolutely sure about like they still are with the Erdrick stuff.
But again all we have to go by is their word and guesses. There's still no official proof that Erdrick is in. It's still entirely possible that Square put out a list of leakbait names. Why would they put a potential real name on that list? As MonkeyDLenny MonkeyDLenny said, if Erdrick is in, it would be the worst kept secret in Smash history. I don't think Square and Nintendo would be that careless.

I won't be shocked if Erdrick is in, but I'm also not discounting the possibility that he's leakbait.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion

I'm a mod and close to Sabi, if anything of our interest happened I would probably share it here since we all want to know whenever we can lol. Unless you guys want to just wait till the direct anyway. Apparently she might most likely get stuff the day before so i will be paying attention to what she has to say if anything comes up anyway.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
I still don’t understand why Erdrick as the “worst kept secret in Smash” is such an unreasonable stance when we’ve seen things like Gematsu in Smash 4 super early on essentially being correct and characters like Isabelle and Incineroar being known for months before their reveals. Like, yeah, they would have planned the DLC characters ages ago and would have made negotiations with Square Enix even earlier than that. Especially if Square Enix DLC was decided alongside Cloud returning in Smash or something even further back.

The amount of time that something has been “known” doesn’t make it more or less plausible as “leaked information.” And we shouldn’t be operating with that as such a major point of suspicion regarding Erdrick. It’s all certainly curious, but an Erdrick specific leak slipping through the cracks ages ago and only that information isn’t some unreasonable idea...
It feels less and less plausible when the only actual DLC character that has been revealed was never leaked/rumored by anyone. Especially after the people who have leaked Erdrick have been shown to have been fed fake leaks over the past several months. And the same people who leaked the character have stood their ground on Minecraft content that hasn't happened and keep backpedaling on said Minecraft content.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I feel like people saw the list of SE characters. Picked the least wanted one and assumed that was the one they were going with. Remember Erdrick is just Tansuit's opinion. Verge did go all in however.

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
A friend of mine who is a big Banjo Kazooie fan and merch collector has shelled out the $$$ to grab this, Collectors can be something else!
Man, I dont even make alot of money and I HAD to get this, I did an 11 month payment plan and mines almost Paid off completely, im super excited for it.

Oh wow, yup another one for the VR Plant Leaker, they got "Just Shovels and Knights" correct and Cadence of Hyrule releasing in June. I do hope they continue to get info and I hope they really are who they claim to be
oh my god! VR Plant is legit! Speculation is one thing but damn I really hope Banjo comes true!

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
I feel like people saw the list of SE characters. Picked the least wanted one and assumed that was the one they were going with. Remember Erdrick is just Tansuit's opinion. Verge did go all in however.
Exactly. Also there was never a rationale given as to why Erdrick became the hill to die on. Maybe if someone had said they had seen a model of the character or internal documents or something. But it was literally just them hearing it from a source.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Wait, did the Peachette Spirit Battle become available? Because I'm playing my game right now, and the event hasn't started.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Wait, did the Peachette Spirit Battle become available? Because I'm playing my game right now, and the event hasn't started.
It did - have you updated your game?

Peachette's guaranteed to show up at certain hours - which ones depend on your timezone, I think. I know that it's between 2-3 and 8-9 (am or pm) Eastern time.

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
It did - have you updated your game?

Peachette's guaranteed to show up at certain hours - which ones depend on your timezone, I think. I know that it's between 2-3 and 8-9 (am or pm) Eastern time.
Okay, it's working now. I just had to close the game and then start it up again.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
But again all we have to go by is their word and guesses. There's still no official proof that Erdrick is in. It's still entirely possible that Square put out a list of leakbait names. Why would they put a potential real name on that list? As MonkeyDLenny MonkeyDLenny said, if Erdrick is in, it would be the worst kept secret in Smash history. I don't think Square and Nintendo would be that careless.

I won't be shocked if Erdrick is in, but I'm also not discounting the possibility that he's leakbait.
Yeah I still believe we have no real way of knowing who will be the next fighters of the Fighter Pass until Sakurai himself confirms the next fighter presumably at E3. I feel like the DLC would be harder to get leaked than the base roster, but then again I know little of how these leaks and such work.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Exactly. Also there was never a rationale given as to why Erdrick became the hill to die on. Maybe if someone had said they had seen a model of the character or internal documents or something. But it was literally just them hearing it from a source.
Yup. There's no proof. Just a vague "source" and the words of "leakers". If there was a video, render, leaked documents etc, then I'd be much more inclined to believe them. As it stands, they currently have given us no real evidence to believe their claims.

Why is Erdrick the one they're so damn sure about, but Minecraft is the one they're walking away from?

At least the "VR Plant Leaker" from PapaGeno's video has been correctly leaking stuff and actually seems to have real information. Same with Sabi.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
I just noticed that the 4chan leak that states Erdrick, Banjo Kazooie, Leon and Lloyd Irving are in the fighters pass matches up with Mii costume theory. Erdrick would bring back the Chocobo and Geno outfits, Capcom would bring the Megaman X, Zero and Rathalos costumes and Namco would bring back the Heihachi and Gil's armour mii costumes back. Banjo Kazooie could bring in Steve and Master Chief mii costumes.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
I'll be at CEO 2019 this year. If Banjo gets in I promise to rep them. I'm not nearly at the skill level to make it to Grand Finals, but my goal is to get at least ONE match on stream

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
I'll be at CEO 2019 this year. If Banjo gets in I promise to rep them. I'm not nearly at the skill level to make it to Grand Finals, but my goal is to get at least ONE match on stream

Good luck, dude! Give it your all!

Top Bottom