• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Boys...

...We got him
For future situations like that, don't even respond to their posts. They thrive on people getting in an uproar and don't care what you say unless you're getting upset. Just do like others said and report their posts and the moderators will take care of the rest.

Rubberfrog

Smash Apprentice
For future situations like that, don't even respond to their posts. They thrive on people getting in an uproar and don't care what you say unless you're getting upset. Just do like others said and report their posts and the moderators will take care of the rest.
Yeah, I know...It's just been a long time since my last online argument. I was due for some feigned anger and adrenaline.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
Damn if you going to troll do a better job LOL he got BTFA so fast LOL how sad

can't wait to see mario maker 2 tomarrow

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
Heck yeah, I didn’t even realize there was a direct until I dropped in here. I was definitely concerned that Mario Maker was gonna get the Smash/Odyssey/BOTW treatment at E3, but Nintendo’s schedule didn’t have a big headline game. My best guess is a shared spotlight for Pokémon, Animal Crossing (oh god please), and Luigi’s Mansion. Ugh. E3 needs to be here now.

And of course, that gives us more time for Smash DLC and Rare Replay. Honestly this E3 is shaping up to be the best one in recent memory for me. And keep in mind that the Google theory being fake or not has absolutely no bearing (heh) on Banjo and Kazooie’s chances. They still are incredibly solid and the fact that they are being brought up more often is proof of that.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Heck yeah, I didn’t even realize there was a direct until I dropped in here. I was definitely concerned that Mario Maker was gonna get the Smash/Odyssey/BOTW treatment at E3, but Nintendo’s schedule didn’t have a big headline game. My best guess is a shared spotlight for Pokémon, Animal Crossing (oh god please), and Luigi’s Mansion. Ugh. E3 needs to be here now.

And of course, that gives us more time for Smash DLC and Rare Replay. Honestly this E3 is shaping up to be the best one in recent memory for me. And keep in mind that the Google theory being fake or not has absolutely no bearing (heh) on Banjo and Kazooie’s chances. They still are incredibly solid and the fact that they are being brought up more often is proof of that.
If both Rare Replay AND Banjo & Kazooie get announced for Smash at E3, that'll probably be the greatest Nintendo Direct of my entire life, I swear to Sakurai.

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
wonder what we'll see during that Mario Maker direct? think they'll do something crazy like add SM64 or Sunshine related enemies, powerups or stage backdrops?

Edit: abit off topic for this thread, but hey

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
For the record, the reason we don't want you to respond to the trolls(besides that you may say something that also breaks the rules) is that sometimes we need to remove their posts. That also means we should be removing your posts. It's a huge clean-up effort.

We don't want their troll statements on the website either in many cases. So please make it easier for us to clean up and don't reply to troll posts in general. Of course, if you don't believe they're trolling and just have a bad argument, feel free to respond. We won't you to ignore and report trolls, but we also want you to be welcoming to new members, regardless of how good or bad their arguments are.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Mocked up a hypothetical Banjo-Kazooie damage HUD for fun.

Please be real, Google Theory...

damagebk.png

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Part of me is kind of worried that E3 is going to mostly be about games we already knew about and not have enough time for surprises, So it's good to see Mario Maker 2 get's own direct so that extra time could be used for potentiality new surprises.

Me though will likely not be tuning in, I can definitely see the draw and appeal of Mario Maker, But while I am a big fan of Mario, I was never really interested in the "Maker" series since I am way too lazy to design my own levels from scratch.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Mocked up a hypothetical Banjo-Kazooie damage HUD for fun.

Please be real, Google Theory...

View attachment 219913
I still think they are going to name them Banjo & Kazooie. I feel like them being called Banjo-Kazooie would be weird to hear the announcer say.

Then again Europe was the only smart region to name Duck Hunt as Duck Hunt Duo so I don't think they care about weird name setups.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
I still think they are going to name them Banjo & Kazooie. I feel like them being called Banjo-Kazooie would be weird to hear the announcer say.

Then again Europe was the only smart region to name Duck Hunt as Duck Hunt Duo so I don't think they care about weird name setups.
Honestly, I think "Banjo-Kazooie" works because A. It acknowledges both Banjo and Kazooie, and B. It rolls off the tongue a bit better.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
It's debatable really. I don't think Rosalina-Luma would sound better for an example.
I feel like Banjo-Kazooie works just as well as Banjo & Kazooie (although I've been calling them Banjo & Kazooie in the past year or so just cuz everyone else does lol), but I agree with dlewis53, it rolls off the tongue so well as Banjo-Kazooie lol. Also Rosalina is usually just by herself in her games while the Lumas are just her children or what have you, so calling her Rosalina & Luma makes more sense than Rosalina-Luma. Banjo-Kazooie are almost always interconnected in both their names and their games. But it really is debatable. I'm fine with either or but I do like saying Banjo-Kazooie out loud more than Banjo & Kazooie. I also am hopeful to hear how cool their names will sound by the announcer ^^

Last edited:

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
I went with Banjo-Kazooie because I feel like it's more iconic sounding than "Banjo & Kazooie". It's both the name of the series and the main characters and it rolls off the tongue better.

But to be honest I don't really care what they're called as long as they're in the game :laugh:

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Forgive me brethren, I haven’t been on this site for a month. But I still have faith in our favorite duo! Stay strong Banjo-Bois!

Last edited:
Part of me is kind of worried that E3 is going to mostly be about games we already knew about and not have enough time for surprises, So it's good to see Mario Maker 2 get's own direct so that extra time could be used for potentiality new surprises.

Me though will likely not be tuning in, I can definitely see the draw and appeal of Mario Maker, But while I am a big fan of Mario, I was never really interested in the "Maker" series since I am way too lazy to design my own levels from scratch.
Rare games coming to switch as well as Banjo in Smash could be their big “whoa” moment of E3 this year, along with other various announcements and info on games we already know about

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I had an idea the other day that Banjo-Kazooie's HUD would have the facial reactions just like the original game when they have taken too much damage and when they get KO'd it would reset from sad to happy like when they lose a life.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I had an idea the other day that Banjo-Kazooie's HUD would have the facial reactions just like the original game when they have taken too much damage and when they get KO'd it would reset from sad to happy like when they lose a life.
I honestly want to see more of this as is from others. This breathes more life into the game as well.

Same reason I like the idea of battle damage. It makes the characters feel way more alive and realistic in an interesting way. Of course, I get why battle damage barely got implemented(as it requires a ton of animation changes, and there's too many alternate costumes that it's rather unfeasible).

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Nintendo has already said that there are a lot of games they have been working on that they haven't told us about yet. I bet a few of those will be at E3.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Has this been shared yet?

Not sure if on this thread, I've seen it around lately. Great image~

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
while im obvious asking biased people, what do you guys think if there is a chance of a new proper banjo kazooie game in development?

I think this last years have proven true to the market that non realistic or cartoony graphics can still be impresive (rare's sea of thieves) and thanks to a hat in time and super mario odyssey, its clear there is a good market for well developed 3d platformers, even if yooka laylee didn't did so hot.

also crash remastered.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
while im obvious asking biased people, what do you guys think if there is a chance of a new proper banjo kazooie game in development?

I think this last years have proven true to the market that non realistic or cartoony graphics can still be impresive (rare's sea of thieves) and thanks to a hat in time and super mario odyssey, its clear there is a good market for well developed 3d platformers, even if yooka laylee didn't did so hot.

also crash remastered.
Well Microsoft stores are now starting to use more Banjo advertising. And there are been a suspicious amount of Banjo in Game Pass advertising. I feel like they are trying to get his face out there again for a reason. Why start heavily using a brand again when you have no intentions of doing anything with it? Something has to be coming.

Last edited:

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight

Smart to name them Duck Hunt Duo? I'd argue the opposite. They would have been smart if they named the characters Duck Hunt Trio... but they didn't.

Duck Hunt as a group name is better than Duck Hunt Duo because at least Duck Hunt doesn't lie about how many characters the group is comprised of. Even the NoE version of Smash 4/Ultimate has the Palutena Guidance difference that says something along the lines of "While they're called Duck Hunt Duo, they're actually a Trio." If they're actually a trio, why would you call them a duo?! It's ridiculous and not in the good way.

Honestly, all regions should have either called them Duck Hunt, or Duck Hunt Trio. (The Japanese version calls them Duck Hunt)

/rant

On the topic at hand, in my opinion, the name of Banjo should just be Banjo-Kazooie. For instance, Olimar in the Japanese versions of Smash is actually named Pikmin & Olimar, but shortened to just Olimar in the NA version. Rosalina & Luma takes too long and does not roll off the tongue. Most people shorten it to either Rosalina or Rosaluma. No one likes saying the full name.

Remember, it's a group name: "he's Banjo and she's Kazooie, together they are: Banjo-Kazooie!" You have to treat it like some sort of musical band. Remember the Ice Climbers aren't called Popo & Nana, heck in Japan they're not even called Ice Climbers, they're just called the game's name (Ice Climber), just like Duck Hunt is. Banjo-Kazooie isn't even remotely strange in this instance and actually matches up with prior naming-schemes.

Last edited:

Justin Little

Smash Ace

also crash remastered.
Regardless of critical reception, Yooka Laylee proved to be successful for Playtonic. https://twinfinite.net/2018/11/yooka-laylee-sell-million-copies/

The Spyro Reignited Trilogy sold well, too.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
I'm on team banjo-kazooie. Rolls off the tongue better.
I wish there was an option to change the announcer's lines at the end of matches. Being able to swap between these would be a great quality of life change:
"The winner is..."

"This game's winner is..."

" ... wins!"

Edit: the default option just isn't as impactful

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

While I don’t support Google Theory, I do believe that Banjo could potentially get in.

He seems possible for an E3 reveal, maybe alongside a potential DQ rep. The current relationship between Microsoft and Nintendo makes me think so.

And if Microsoft reveals a new Banjo game at their conference, then it just gets more likely.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
To be honest I really couldn't care less about the naming system as long as they are playable. They could be called Kazooie-Banjo for all I care.

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
Has this been shared yet?

So where are we in regards to the Google theory? All I know is that all ads, including Joker's were taken down. Wasn't it proven that they were set up by NOE? People are claiming it's fake, but I'd rather hear that from sources at Google or the people investigating the theory.

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
*Kanjo-Bazooie
*Bazooka-Bubblegum

So where are we in regards to the Google theory? All I know is that all ads, including Joker's were taken down. Wasn't it proven that they were set up by NOE? People are claiming it's fake, but I'd rather hear that from sources at Google or the people investigating the theory.
I, too, am curious where things have gone.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I don't remember a single thing being proven by this.

We'd have to get way more information. Websites take down ads or things all the time due to complaints. To note, let's say they aren't sure if it's fake or not. Google would first remove the ads and then investigate. If it's fake, this would lessen the overall the damage that happened due to the vast misuse of the IP's. If it's real, it was likely an error on some employee's parts, and it being taken down allows them to fix the issue(which means only Joker would be back up as an ad at best). It being taken down is the most logical move regardless, but it also doesn't prove anything whatsoever.

We'll find out soon enough if they were fake or not, but it's unlikely Google nor Nintendo will say anything directly. The best we'll get is the ads being put back up if it's real. Obviously they'll stay gone if it's fake.

Top Bottom