• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
Speaking of credible leakers xenother has been offline for a month (could his sources duped him?)

Why would I call a random person credible anyway?
I never gave xenother the time of day. Seemed to just piggyback off of verge and hitagi. Speaking of hitagi, there is no way he saw a playable Steve all the way back in August.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
It amazes me how long hitagi has been around. I think he finally stopped talking but it amazed me how some people hung on his every word.

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
I feel like as long as there's a person who claims to be a leaker and says something that has yet to be proven right or wrong and/or can prove they have some connection to a leaker that's (generally) correct, there will be people who believe in their every word.

D

Deleted member

welp guys it seems like I found out why xenother has been gone for a month
There was a problem fetching the tweet

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
It amazes me how long hitagi has been around. I think he finally stopped talking but it amazed me how some people hung on his every word.
Has anyone ever figured out what gender Hitagi was supposed to be? I don't even know anymore.

Also, people are sheep, they treated every leaker like gospel when Kencineroar happened.

I made some art today that I think you guys will enjoy. All these Nintendo x Microsoft rumors have me really excited.

https://twitter.com/SpongeTheSquid/status/1112415420995244033

You're a swell artist, man.

Last edited:

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
I made some art today that I think you guys will enjoy. All these Nintendo x Microsoft rumors have me really excited.
I nearly died laughing when I saw Diskun and Clippy

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Only missed opportunity was Captain Falcon and his Microsoft equivalent, Terry Crews. :p

Sponge

Smash Journeyman
You're a swell artist, man.
Thank you so much!

View attachment 203136

No way this is ending well.
What Conker fails to realize he's less than a foot away from god.

I nearly died laughing when I saw Diskun and Clippy
I had to fit Clippy in somehow.

Only missed opportunity was Captain Falcon and his Microsoft equivalent, Terry Crews. :p
Holy ****, that's hilarious.

Beautiful, Simply Beautiful. All we need now is Stubbs the Zombie paralyzing Link like a ReDead.
That art is gorgeous
Thank you both so much. You guys have some great ideas.

Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master
And there are a lot of stuff one can add. Just off the top of my head:

*Marcus Fenix and Ganondorf clashing Chainsaw-versus-Sword (DOR-YAH!)
*Grunty and K. Rool arguing over who has the better plans.
*Microsoft Bob taken aback and about to run for its life after seeing the Virtual Boy.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace

*Microsoft Bob taken aback and about to run for its life after seeing the Virtual Boy.
*Miis and Xbox avatars greeting each other

LogFrog

Smash Apprentice

*Voodoo Vince and Chibi Robo

ivanlerma

Smash Champion

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
Verge destroyed, Hitagi annihilated, and soon with Xenother?

jojo.gif

Seems like any leaker that gets even close to Steve eventually "bites the dust". :bobomb:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Verge destroyed, Hitagi annihilated, and soon with Xenother?

View attachment 203171

Seems like any leaker that gets even close to Steve eventually "bites the dust". :bobomb:
Verg's Smash claims are, so far, as stable as they ever were. And his claims outside Smash as unstable as they ever were. Nothing's changed. People just don't bother looking into things.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Verg's Smash claims are, so far, as stable as they ever were. And his claims outside Smash as unstable as they ever were. Nothing's changed. People just don't bother looking into things.
Vergeben is weird because he clearly has legitimate information. But he's also always misinformation and gets things wrong. He's such a mixed bag that ultimately it's hard to take him as a leaker very credibly.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Vergeben is weird because he clearly has legitimate information. But he's also always misinformation and gets things wrong. He's such a mixed bag that ultimately it's hard to take him as a leaker very credibly.
No one should ever fully buy into a leaker who provides nothing but claims, but I'm gonna keep what he's said about Smash in mind until he's out and out wrong.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Vergeben missed a lot but so far the only thing that's been questionable about his smash information is "Minecraft Content" which hasn't showed up and has even been considered less likely with new rumors on Steve and Banjo. Other than that, what he's said, has been pretty solid.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Vergeben missed a lot but so far the only thing that's been questionable about his smash information is "Minecraft Content" which hasn't showed up and has even been considered less likely with new rumors on Steve and Banjo. Other than that, what he's said, has been pretty solid.
I need to brush up on what his Minecraft claims even are at this point. I forget if he ever actually committed to a playable character, or if it was just representation in another context. He said something about a boss at one point I think?

I gotta be honest, a boss seems a little farfetched to me, but who knows. Maybe new bosses would coincide with adding boss rush mode.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I need to brush up on what his Minecraft claims even are at this point. I forget if he ever actually committed to a playable character, or if it was just representation in another context. He said something about a boss at one point I think?

I gotta be honest, a boss seems a little farfetched to me, but who knows. Maybe new bosses would coincide with adding boss rush mode.
Most I remember is him saying "content" so, literally, anything. So far we have nothing but that doesn't mean we never will. I don't remember him saying anything about a boss or character though. I thought the general consensus was a stage...

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Most I remember is him saying "content" so, literally, anything. So far we have nothing but that doesn't mean we never will. I don't remember him saying anything about a boss or character though. I thought the general consensus was a stage...
I think he said boss (specifically Ender Dragon) around the time the entire game leaked.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

At some point he got the "it's a boss", and then when it didn't show up, he was in the "I don't legitimately know what happened." It's probably just that somebody played him or anything Minecraft was leakbait.

Stuff could still be coming, but who knows. At one point he was told that "it could be a playable Steve and to not be surprised if it was", but that got changed to his final point being a boss. Beyond that, all he knew is the SE character would be the first DLC reveal. That clearly didn't happen. So at best, he may have no or bad information on DLC.

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
No one should ever fully buy into a leaker who provides nothing but claims, but I'm gonna keep what he's said about Smash in mind until he's out and out wrong.
He got some of base game right, but has a big fat "0" when it comes to THE DLC. He did not leak Joker and I refuse to believe the whole "I knew Plant but didn't leak it because you wouldn't believe me!" If anything Verge is like a slightly less reliable version of the Demon Cat from Adventure time.
4b97f6c4ff3cdded64f694a216b61489.jpg

In this case it should be "I have approximate knowledge of some things." Yeh he was close to the Starfox Grand Prix, but that's because it was a part of Starlink. He may have been sort of right about Minecraft content, but that's because it was this.
Oink Oink.jpg

Plus with Kid Goku confirmed for DB FighterZ his claim of Raddits is looking less and less likely. He claimed he would be Season 1 DLC for Fighters but he did not leak Videl or Super Broly. He did get Jiren right, but that was more like a safe guess since everyone was expecting Jiren.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
He got some of base game right, but has a big fat "0" when it comes to THE DLC. He did not leak Joker and I refuse to believe the whole "I knew Plant but didn't leak it because you wouldn't believe me!" If anything Verge is like a slightly less reliable version of the Demon Cat from Adventure time.
View attachment 203201

In this case it should be "I have approximate knowledge of some things." Yeh he was close to the Starfox Grand Prix, but that's because it was a part of Starlink. He may have been sort of right about Minecraft content, but that's because it was this. View attachment 203202
Plus with Kid Goku confirmed for DB FighterZ his claim of Raddits is looking less and less likely. He claimed he would be Season 1 DLC for Fighters but he did not leak Videl or Super Broly. He did get Jiren right, but that was more like a safe guess since everyone was expecting Jiren.
Right, I don't care what he misses, that's not points against a leaker (unless it contradicts other claims), I care if he actually gets something wrong. He never claimed he knew and would relay every character. Gematsu didn't get Rosalina or DHD or Bowser Jr or the clones, but it was still correct (if outdated - and wrong on occasion when it came to timeframes).

He gets stuff wrong all the time when it comes to outside Smash (and I don't really listen to that stuff at this point) but when it comes to Smash, he's been mostly correct, and if not, the deviations have been minor. So I'm still gonna keep what he says in mind.

At some point he got the "it's a boss", and then when it didn't show up, he was in the "I don't legitimately know what happened." It's probably just that somebody played him or anything Minecraft was leakbait.

Stuff could still be coming, but who knows. At one point he was told that "it could be a playable Steve and to not be surprised if it was", but that got changed to his final point being a boss. Beyond that, all he knew is the SE character would be the first DLC reveal. That clearly didn't happen. So at best, he may have no or bad information on DLC.
That's true, his well of valid info might've dried up, but fwiw I've found that claims about timing, while wrong much more often than claims about content, don't always invalidate the content itself. I attribute that to scheduling being much more fluid than actual content in the game.

So if someone gets the timing wrong but still gets the content right... I'm not going to outright dismiss them.

I think people reasoned that a stage made the most sense, especially for DLC, but it's hard to form a consensus when his messaging is mixed. :/

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
That's true, his well of valid info might've dried up, but fwiw I've found that claims about timing, while wrong much more often than claims about content, don't always invalidate the content itself. I attribute that to scheduling being much more fluid than actual content in the game.

So if someone gets the timing wrong but still gets the content right... I'm not going to outright dismiss them.
Agreed. When it comes to timing, delays happen all the time. The Joker reveal definitely sounds like it wasn't meant to happen at the Game Awards. Due to that, Joker has to be released first anyway due to how Sakurai intentionally has it set away. It's also possible a SE character was meant to be revealed first, but any kind of delay could've happened. Considering Joker didn't even have a render to show, the idea he wasn't meant to be shown at the Game Awards is really likely.

I can't say much on the Minecraft stuff. Though the idea it was pushed to DLC cause Microsoft wants money is reasonable. Maybe it's just a DLC boss that coincides with a Banjo reveal even. Since we appear to be getting Rare Replay on the Switch, this could be all promotional timing in itself. Not saying these are added for promotional purposes. It's more like how Isabelle's reveal was intended to promote Animal Crossing Switch, but that has nothing to do with why she was included(being a major All-Star and was easy enough to create via Villager's semi-clone. Both are a pretty key element to making her work, after all).

I think people reasoned that a stage made the most sense, especially for DLC, but it's hard to form a consensus when his messaging is mixed. :/
Minecraft getting a stage is a general prediction/opinion, as they feel it's best represented that way. I can understand that.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think he said boss (specifically Ender Dragon) around the time the entire game leaked.
What I think is that the Minecraft boss would be for banjos classic mode or it could all be a hoax like star fox Grand Prix

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
He's been unsure about some of the things his sources claim, like K. Rool not being in, or Isabelle being an echo, yet he brought them up anyway. Yes, he got Simon right, but how did his source miss Richter?

Also, like every game he's been involved with, his source accuracy goes completely down the toilet when DLC comes up.

Last edited:
Top Bottom