• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

dlewis53

Smash Lord
So, since it seems third-parties seem more likely than ever after Joker's reveal, what third-party characters would you like to see as the four remaining DLC?

Mine would be:
Banjo-Kazooie
Sora
Crash Bandicoot/Spyro
Rayman

Last edited:

Justin Little

Smash Ace
If it is indeed a 3rd party only affair:
1. Banjo Kazooie
2. Rayman
3. Doom Guy
4. Crash Bandicoot

I could also see Ryu Hayabusa since Team Ninja and Koei Tecmo partner with Nintendo a lot. I still hope for a second wave that includes Nintendo characters like Dixie.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I could also see Ryu Hayabusa since Team Ninja and Koei Tecmo partner with Nintendo a lot. I still hope for a second wave that includes Nintendo characters like Dixie.
Same here

Now that Marx, one of my wanted characters, has been confirmed as a boss, the only first-parties I have in mind are Dixie Kong, Cynthia (Spiritomb, Milotic, & Garchomp), and if Mii Costumes don’t disconfirm characters then Rex and Pyra/Mythra.

Last edited:

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
So, since it seems third-parties seem more likely than ever after Joker's reveal, what third-party characters would you like to see as the four remaining DLC?

Mine would be:
Banjo-Kazooie
Sora
Crash Bandicoot/Spyro
Rayman
Geno
Banjo
Lloyd
Crash/sans/Phoenix Wright/Ninja Gaidens Ryu

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

Mine would be:
Banjo-Kazooie
Sora
Crash Bandicoot/Spyro
Rayman
Goemon
Banjo & Kazooie
Shantae
Crash Bandicoot

Justin Little

Smash Ace
Same here

Now that Marx, one of my wanted characters, has been confirmed as a boss, the only first-parties I have in mind are Dixie Kong, Cynthia, and if Mii Costumes don’t disconfirm characters then Rex and Pyra/Mythra.
Call me naive, but I think Marx still has a shot. You don't actually fight the cute Marx, but his evil form which could be his final smash like Ganondorf's pig Ganon form who's also a boss. It's reaching, I know.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Call me naive, but I think Marx still has a shot. You don't actually fight the cute Marx, but his evil form which could be his final smash like Ganondorf's pig Ganon form who's also a boss. It's reaching, I know.
Little Marx doesn’t have much to go on in his small state anyway aside from a few attacks from Star Allies, his memorable attacks and abilities are in his powered-up form. He’s still pretty cool as he is right now.

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion

Mine would be:
Banjo-Kazooie
Sora
Crash Bandicoot/Spyro
Rayman
Hmm mine are literally almost the same as those:

• Banjo Kazooie
• Sora
• Spyro / Crash
• Master Chief / Sub-Zero / Lloyd Irving

maf91186

Smash Journeyman
It makes me a bit sad that it suddenly seems like nobody here wants Geno anymore.

I'll take:
Banjo-Kazooie
Geno
Tails
Dig Dug

If all dlc is third-party, this would be absolutely wonderful to me. There are, of course, many others I would love to see as well but as there's only 4 confirmed spots left, gotta go with my childhood first lol.

Let's go waves 2-4! XD
.........please?

dlewis53

Smash Lord
It makes me a bit sad that it suddenly seems like nobody here wants Geno anymore.

I'll take:
Banjo-Kazooie
Geno
Tails
Dig Dug

If all dlc is third-party, this would be absolutely wonderful to me. There are, of course, many others I would love to see as well but as there's only 4 confirmed spots left, gotta go with my childhood first lol.

Let's go waves 2-4! XD
.........please?
To be fair, I do think Geno would make for a good moveset and character, but I think the same applies to Sora, and he's probably the Square Enix character I'm most familiar with, hence I give Sora a bit more priority.

magiciandude

Smash Journeyman
Same here

Now that Marx, one of my wanted characters, has been confirmed as a boss, the only first-parties I have in mind are Dixie Kong, Cynthia (Spiritomb, Milotic, & Garchomp), and if Mii Costumes don’t disconfirm characters then Rex and Pyra/Mythra.
I second that motion.

Fakol

Smash Cadet
I always ask myself this question. What do the datas of "Jet Force Gemini and Blast Corps" escaped in the data of the game?
There are some people who say that's why Nintendo believed that the license belongs to them and they realized that not afterwards. A company like Nintendo knows very well which belongs to them and which does not belong to them, I can not believe the opposite.
Moreover, speaking of datas that are not (for the moment) in the game, there has been those two or there have been other datas discovered for other licenses?

Last edited:

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
I haven't heard of other currently unrepresented data like the Blast Corps and Jet Force Gemini text. And I agree, it seems a little unlikely that Nintendo simply didn't know they didn't own it, but stranger things have happened. (I recall that when Microsoft bought Rare, a couple people of the company didn't realize they didn't get Donkey Kong with it, or something like that.)

In terms of 3rd party characters, I would love Banjo, Spyro, Chocobo, Sora, or Amaterasu. I do think there will be one or two first party DLC though.

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
I saw this when I was holiday shopping and I could not stop myself... I hope to someday re-take this photo but with an actual Amiibo.
20181208_195602[1].jpg

I'm not really crazy about the idea of more third parties beyond Banjo and Geno, feels like third parties are getting out of hand, and the ones that feel like they belong with the Nintendo cast are mostly already in. Not to mention there are still good first party characters I'd like to see in the games.

But say I had to pick the remaining four, I'd go Banjo, Geno, Viewtiful Joe, and Rayman. ( don't even like Rayman but he seems to be the one that most people are clamoring for the most and he seems more interesting than his competition. ) ...That is operating under the assumption that no franchise will double dip on non-echos, otherwise i'd swap out Rayman for Dr. Robotnik.

Last edited:

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Has anyone run into the Rare Spirits yet? Are they in WOL, do you buy them, or are they on the challenge board?

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
the Rare spirits are only in the code, well, not even the spirits, the folder where the spirits would go if they existed, from my understanding anyway, since the only thing in the code are names of the franchises (Blast Corps and Jet Force Gemini, well, their Japanese names anyway). So nobody will ever see them in game. But, yeah, they're in the code, and that's a peculiar thing.

So, this is my first time commenting since launch, been playing like crazy, just checking in to say I still have faith in B-K, especially after the Persona 5 dude made it in (never played that franchise, but seeing that it's been ongoing since 1996, and has at least 5 entries and critical acclaim, yeah, makes sense to include from that perspective). But of course, what makes me think it gives B-K a better shot is just how unexpected and out of the way it must've been for Nintendo to obtain. Like, it's primarily a Sony franchise, moreso than Metal Gear Solid and Final Fantasy were when they had characters added to Smash... So with that, you don't think Nintendo would ask a direct console competitor for one of their first party characters that has close ties to Nintendo's own history and tops many most wanted lists? Uh-uh, it's happenin'!!

I'm gonna predict E3 2019, Banjo-Kazooie reveal. The biggest show, the biggest reveal, LET'S GO!! (in six months...)

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
the Rare spirits are only in the code, well, not even the spirits, the folder where the spirits would go if they existed, from my understanding anyway, since the only thing in the code are names of the franchises (Blast Corps and Jet Force Gemini, well, their Japanese names anyway). So nobody will ever see them in game. But, yeah, they're in the code, and that's a peculiar thing.

So, this is my first time commenting since launch, been playing like crazy, just checking in to say I still have faith in B-K, especially after the Persona 5 dude made it in (never played that franchise, but seeing that it's been ongoing since 1996, and has at least 5 entries and critical acclaim, yeah, makes sense to include from that perspective). But of course, what makes me think it gives B-K a better shot is just how unexpected and out of the way it must've been for Nintendo to obtain. Like, it's primarily a Sony franchise, moreso than Metal Gear Solid and Final Fantasy were when they had characters added to Smash... So with that, you don't think Nintendo would ask a direct console competitor for one of their first party characters that has close ties to Nintendo's own history and tops many most wanted lists? Uh-uh, it's happenin'!!

I'm gonna predict E3 2019, Banjo-Kazooie reveal. The biggest show, the biggest reveal, LET'S GO!! (in six months...)
Let's do you one better; Geno/Banjo double reveal at e3. They both get new games/ remasters.

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
I don't feel Geno has much of a shot, but I also don't like debating characters here, hahah! I just like to support Banjo-Kazooie.

But if Geno isn't one of the four remaining DLC picks, there might be riots on the internet... I just, don't see what makes the character so special.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I don't feel Geno has much of a shot, but I also don't like debating characters here, hahah! I just like to support Banjo-Kazooie.

But if Geno isn't one of the four remaining DLC picks, there might be riots on the internet... I just, don't see what makes the character so special.
I'll be real; I mostly support him because any fanbase that sticks around through that many hardships for like; ten years should get in based on that alone. Plus; we have yet to have a Wooden Doll fighter, so that alone can sell me on it tbh.

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Banjo-Kazooie is my most wanted newcomer and 3rd Party by default, But my 2nd 3rd Party choice would definitely be Crash Bandicoot.

Most Wanted 3rd Party Character Newcomer

1.Banjo-Kazooie
2. Crash Bandicoot
3. Conker
4.Battletoads
5. Spinal/Fulgore (Killer Instinct)

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace

It's more the game itself that's special rather than Geno himself, and even though the game has better characters, Geno's just the more likely pick. Like, knowing Frog from Crono Trigger is a better character than Crono himself, but no one would realistically expect Frog to get in.

You could say most of the important SMRPG characters are in Smash already, but none of them were born in SMRPG and don't represent it very well. Plus, me personally, I want more of Mario's history represented, not just in Smash Bros, but in Mario games in general. There's way way WAY more to the Mario series the roster of Mario Kart regulars.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I haven't even touched WoL yet, I've just been doing Classic and VS mode to get characters
Actually WOL was a good method to unlock characters if you took a break every 10-15 mins. You would get characters from both the WOL and from taking a break. I found that to be the best method.

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
The one issue I see with Banjo-Kazooie is that they come from a western company, and what with every third party so far being from a Japanese company, I have an uneasy feeling... As Joker from Persona 5 has shown even more, as they're dipping into slightly more obscure franchises, sidestepping other big ones only because they aren't Japanese, seemingly anyway. I don't know, it's been feeling like a rough road ahead for anyone from the west. Sure, Ubisoft got a few Spirits, and some other minor companies too, like WayForward, but nothing as major as a playable character which would require constant communication and cooperation. And that would be a huge roadbload I'd imagine.

But maybe Microsoft is big enough to make it work. Nintendo and Rare did used to be the closest partners in the industry after all, and they were worlds apart culturally, yet somehow made it work.

Just a thought. I still think B-K is the most likely western character they could use.

Last edited:

KevN くコ:彡

Smash Journeyman
Most wanted third party? After banjo and Doomguy, I'm down for whoever. It's hard to choose since it's practically fair game now.

Rigumaro

Smash Apprentice
Most wanted 3rd parties, right now:

Banjo & Kazooie, obviously.
Hollow Knight.
Amaterasu.
Tails/Chocobo.

Also, by the way, am I the only one that after playing so much World of Light, feels like it's more likely that spirits deconfirm characters? Like, at first spirits seemed like random stickers, but now seeing how much thought has gone into them, and how you "fight" them... Yeah, I feel like they deconfirm.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Yeah, I think there’s a chance, but after the Joker reveal and having played WoL, yeah, they are basically defconfirmed.

Also that PSA from Nintendo stating they hear us on characters like Waluigi and Geno makes me think they are NOT one of the five first DLC characters (possible on a hypothetical season 2 pass though)

Last edited:

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
Most wanted 3rd party newcomers for me:

Banjo-Kazooie
Rayman
Dr. Eggman
Crash/Sans?

Also RIP I don't have the game yet.

volbound1700

Smash Master
My list:

1. Rayman
2. Tails (at least as a Mii costume. I would be fine if Knuckles, Tails, and Geno Mii costumes returned with an upgrade on quality and design. Tail's face covering the Mii's face would be nice)
3. Banjo-Kazooie
4. Skullkid
5. Masterchief
6. Bomberman

Other notables that would make me happy: Crash Bandicoot, Dixie Kong, Impa, Doomguy, Isaac, and Geno.

g1clank

Smash Rookie
Yeah, I think there’s a chance, but after the Joker reveal and having played WoL, yeah, they are basically defconfirmed.

Also that PSA from Nintendo stating they hear us on characters like Waluigi and Geno makes me think they are NOT one of the five first DLC characters (possible on a hypothetical season 2 pass though)
why would Joker as DLC and WoL deconfirm Banjo?

ProjectDream

Smash Apprentice
User was warned for this post; double posting(Please edit your messages instead)
After playing WoL it has become pretty clear to me with how Spirits are ranked by power numbers and status' like Legendaries that highly requested characters that didn't make the cut as fighters are just really powerful spirits, its no surprise that Rayman/Geno/Ashley/Bandana Dee etc. are incredibly powerful spirits. To me that spells an acknowledgement of their popularity but a consolation prize for not getting in is being a powerful spirit.

At first I didn't think spirits deconfirm characters, but now it does with the way things are portrayed.

That aside, theres an incredible amount of Rare love when it comes to music/spirits, theres alot of DKC tracks, Tiny/Chunky and I think also Lanky Kong are in as spirits despite the fact that Nintendo has never ever acknowledged their existence after DK64 until now, theres a section on the map thats based off of DKC. I dont think Ive ever seen this much acknowledgement of Rares history in any Smash or Nintendo game. Just leaves me wondering even more so about those Jet Force Gemini & Blast Corps spirits in the data, it cant possibly be a mistake, it just doesn't make much sense, and as far as I know, there is no other inclusion in the data like this, theres nothing else thats a stray piece of information leading to other hints at characters or franchises, I find it hard to believe Nintendo still thought they owned the rights to Jet Force Gemini & Blast Corps of all games.

It just doesn't add up to me. I really gotta know why they're there.

Also I'm surprised nobody has taken note of this https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2018-12-06-phil-spencer-xbox-game-pass-will-come-to-every-device.

while not explicitly stated, Spencer easily could've said console then PC. Instead he says 'every device'. Implying he wants to bring it to other console maybe, again, doesn't this all sound a bit familiar? Remember when Nintendo & Microsoft started their relationship at the beginning of the Switch era? It seems like Microsoft isn't necessarily bowing out of the console market, it'll continue to make them, but its dissolving its rivalry between console manufacturers as it explores going full digital on as many platforms as possible. PC gaming on Xbox was the first step, Nintendo I imagine is more than happy to oblige assisting them going mobile as Nintendo goes further in the mobile gaming space.

Gemini-Gene

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fairlight92
Switch FC
SW 7459 3215 2216

Mine would be:
Banjo-Kazooie
Sora
Crash Bandicoot/Spyro
Rayman
Personally for me it's:

Banjo-Kazooie
Sub-Zero (Scorpion, Noob, Ermac, Reptile, Rain, Smoke, and Tremor are color Alts)
Doomguy (with Doomslayer alt)
Jill Valentine (RE1 design, and her move set has some inspiration from her MvC2 one)
Crash Bandicoot

Another mention would be Nightmare from the Soul Calibur series, but at this point I'm convinced if we get a Bamco rep for DLC it will either be Heihachi or Lloyd.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Third party squad:
Hollow Knight
Banjo
Gen
Frog/Courier/Tails/Shadow

Last edited:

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
If we're really going to do lists, my most wanted remaining four Third Parties (I'm gonna take a shot in the dark and say the only remaining DLC characters will be third party...)

1. Banjo-Kazooie
2. Dragon Warrior + Slime
3. Lara Croft
4. Sans (for real)

and only one of them is from a Japanese developer (though technically Lara Croft is owned by one too)... So I'm expecting to be entirely wrong. But I feel each one would blow everyone's mind if these are who they picked.

dinkeytom

Smash Apprentice
Most wanted Characters:
Banjo Kazooie
Masterchief
OOT Impa/ Fat Impa
Doc Louis
Mr Driller

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Since everyone's doing it. My ideal 3rd Party (realistic) other 4 DLC characters would be:

Banjo
Leon Kennedy (Dream would be Frank West)
Crash Bandicoot (Dream would be Spyro)
Rayman (Dream would be Mickey)

Top Bottom