• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
So, since it seems third-parties seem more likely than ever after Joker's reveal, what third-party characters would you like to see as the four remaining DLC?

Mine would be:
Banjo-Kazooie
Sora
Crash Bandicoot/Spyro
Rayman
At least one of the following, since I figure we'd get a few first-parties:

Banjo-Kazooie
Agumon (not just because he'd be neat, but also to prove that the general always tempts fate)
Rayman
Marco Rossi
Tails

Last edited:

[Maple]

Smash Journeyman
Most wanted tiers

1. Banjo Kazooie
2. Monster Hunter
3. The knight (Hollow Knight)
4. Amaterasu

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Was it confirmed the rest of dlc will be 3rd party?
Technically, no; my question was more hypothetical. Although, with the likes of Waluigi, Isaac, and Skull Kid being Assist Trophies and Bandana Dee being a Spirit Battle in World of Light, I can't really think of any "suprising, must-have" first-party characters that are left.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Technically, no; my question was more hypothetical. Although, with the likes of Waluigi, Isaac, and Skull Kid being Assist Trophies and Bandana Dee being a Spirit Battle in World of Light, I can't really think of any "suprising, must-have" first-party characters that are left.
BD doesn't even get a spirit battle Waddle Dee does and then you enhance the spirit to get him. Guy deserved his own fight at least.

Khandoit

Smash Cadet
http://mobitechinfo.com/nintendo-says-persona-5s-joker-is-emblematic-of-smash-bros/

“It’s emblematic of the approach that Mr. Sakurai and the team are taking with the DLC. He wants characters that are unique, different, to bring them into the Smash Bros. environment. So it’s going to be tremendously exciting. "

emblematic as in more random third parties with little current relation to nintendo now?

Sounds like banjo to me. or Doom Guy.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
http://mobitechinfo.com/nintendo-says-persona-5s-joker-is-emblematic-of-smash-bros/

“It’s emblematic of the approach that Mr. Sakurai and the team are taking with the DLC. He wants characters that are unique, different, to bring them into the Smash Bros. environment. So it’s going to be tremendously exciting. "

emblematic as in more random third parties with little current relation to nintendo now?

I'd be fine with Banjo being a belated anniversary gift. I had to try to mentally restrain myself from thinking about him being revealed every time Phil Spencer showed up on screen in the VGA.

Sylux.

Also, Adeleine is the only Kirby character that doesn't have a Spirit besides Zero, but we'll see what happens.

Last edited:

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
Doing more character wishlists? Okay, fine, why not.

1. Banjo-Kazooie
2. Amaterasu / Phoenix Wright
3. Crash / Spyro / Hollow Knight
4. Ori / AiAi

Honorable mentions: Sora, Geno (not sure if he still has a chance, though), Professor Layton

I would like to see at least one 1st-party character in this DLC, but hey, right now it seems like 3rd-party characters are the focus. If that's what it takes to get Banjo...

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
why would Joker as DLC and WoL deconfirm Banjo?
That’s...that’s not what I said...

EDIT: I went back and reread my post, and I can see the confusion. If you look at the post above mine it was talking about Spirits deco forming characters and I was agreeing.

Last edited:

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
I think if Banjo is in, he'd be an E3 reveal.

If that 4chan leak with him, Crono, Edelgard and Sylux is true, I think that would be an interesting lineup. Though I think it was just super lucky. But we'll have to wait and see.

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
E3 sounds perfect for Banjo-Kazooie. It's the biggest show, even bigger than the VGAs. Last year was Ridley, and there was really nobody bigger than him possible. They made the right call there, I'm hoping they make the right call again next year.

Sylux ain't happening though. Metroid Prime 4 not showing up at the VGAs and little word elsewhere suggests to me it's certainly not going to be a 2019 title. I'm guessing late 2020, maybe even 2021 with how big of a project it must be. When we saw the logo, it may have just began development, like, just a week or so previous to its announcement (sorta like how Smash 4 was announced way before its development even started, Brawl too for that matter). So it just seems like Sylux in the first year's DLC would be really far too early. I just don't see it happening.

Last edited:

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
Next year's E3 would be a fitting enough place to announce Banjo since, if you remember, Sony isn't attending. Nintendo and Microsoft will be the only giants next year, so to speak, so announcing Banjo in Smash at that time would be a cool way to show their partnership.

And I'd love to believe that 4chan "leak," really just 'cause it points to Banjo, but Sylux and Edelgard being in the leak makes me pretty wary. It could still happen, and I'd be totally fine with it, both as a Fire Emblem fan and someone who's interested in trying out the Prime games.

Still, it's best to be skeptical of all leaks, and I think everyone here knows exactly why.

TheTreasonousSnowmad

Smash Journeyman
I think Reggie said the DLC characters will be from series new to Smash, which doesn’t leave that many first-party options open, so this pack feels very tailored to third-parties.
He never said anything about new series. He was emphasizing that all of the DLC would be new characters; different from Smash 4, since all of the veterans are already back. Too many people are misinterpreting this. It's caused a lot of the Dixie Kong thread to just give up, which is kind of frustrating since I expected them to have more passion than that. I suppose every fanbase can't be the K. Rool fanbase though.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I think Reggie said the DLC characters will be from series new to Smash, which doesn’t leave that many first-party options open, so this pack feels very tailored to third-parties.
No, that's not what he said. He said that the characters are new to Smash, which is a convoluted way of saying they are newcomers.

These are going to be characters that are new to the series, just like Joker from Persona 5. Characters that you would not anticipate to be in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.
He never said anything about new series. He was emphasizing that all of the DLC would be new characters; different from Smash 4, since all of the veterans are already back. Too many people are misinterpreting this. It's caused a lot of the Dixie Kong thread to just give up, which is kind of frustrating since I expected them to have more passion than that. I suppose every fanbase can't be the K. Rool fanbase though.
Yeah, it's one thing to misinterpret Sakurai's comments due to possible translation snafus, but Reggie? Next thing you know, Bill Trinen's wish of seeing a player from Hockey on NES will be treated as a serious hint.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
No, that's not what he said. He said that the characters are new to Smash, which is a convoluted way of saying they are newcomers.

Yeah, it's one thing to misinterpret Sakurai's comments due to possible translation snafus, but Reggie? Next thing you know, Bill Trinen's wish of seeing a player from Hockey on NES will be treated as a serious hint.
Okay okay, I went back to when he was talking about it, and yes he said “characters new to the series” I think it’s more that was what I think he was implying it was going to be new series, at least that’s what it sounded like to me. And to be fair the way the DLC is structured seems like it’s tailored to franchises new to the series.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Okay okay, I went back to when he was talking about it, and yes he said “characters new to the series” I think it’s more that was what I think he was implying it was going to be new series, at least that’s what it sounded like to me. And to be fair the way the DLC is structured seems like it’s tailored to franchises new to the series.
It probably will be to some extent. I expect at least two first parties, the rest being third.

Don't quote me on this one though, I've been wrong about my predictions before.

Most likely none from Square-Enix though, seeing how bringing Cloud back alone was the equivalent of untying tangled-up Christmas lights.

Last edited:

It’s funny how people suddenly say “Banjo won’t happen because everybody would expect him” even though their old argument was always “Banjo won’t happen because they’re owned by Microsoft.”
Soooo, isn’t that a good enough reason why nobody would expect them? Sure everybody wants Banjo, but nobody thinks it’ll ever actually happen

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
It’s funny how people suddenly say “Banjo won’t happen because everybody would expect him” even though their old argument was always “Banjo won’t happen because they’re owned by Microsoft.”
Soooo, isn’t that a good enough reason why nobody would expect them? Sure everybody wants Banjo, but nobody thinks it’ll ever actually happen
Exactly. Hoping for Goku or Shrek is one thing, but Da Bear is a game character. The only barrier is whether Nintendo is willing enough to venture outside of the 4-5 companies they've collaborated with so far (Atlus is still a part of Sega). And unlike with Geno, there aren't a bunch of legal hoops to leap through.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
It probably will be to some extent. I expect at least two first parties, the rest being third.

Don't quote me on this one though, I've been wrong about my predictions before.

Most likely none from Square-Enix though, seeing how bringing Cloud back alone was the equivalent of untying tangled-up Christmas lights.
There’s still the thought of what these first-party characters would be able to bring in terms of their stage and music list that would justify using this setup.

For example I could see Dixie Kong bringing in a Tropical Freeze stage and a good number of tracks from that game. Rex and Elma would be able to bring in both from their own games. I’ve been going into more detail with my own character choices as I wanted to ask if you have ideas like this for the fighters you want.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
There’s still the thought of what these first-party characters would be able to bring in terms of their stage and music list that would justify using this setup.

For example I could see Dixie Kong bringing in a Tropical Freeze stage and a good number of tracks from that game. Rex and Elma would be able to bring in both from their own games. I’ve been going into more detail with my own character choices as I wanted to ask if you have ideas like this for the fighters you want.
Well, I do have a few:

Sylux: additional music from Prime series, stage from MP4
Adeleine: Ripple Star stage, additional music from Kirby 64 and/or Star Allies
Poochy: retooled Wooly World stage into Crafted World stage, music from Crafted World (let's remember that the regular version of Poochy isn't a Spirit, Yarn is)

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Well, I do have a few:

Sylux: additional music from Prime series, stage from MP4
Adeleine: Ripple Star stage, additional music from Kirby 64 and/or Star Allies
Poochy: retooled Wooly World stage into Crafted World stage, music from Crafted World (let's remember that the regular version of Poochy isn't a Spirit, Yarn is)
Alright, not bad at all, I could see those working. Hopefully MP4 and Crafted World will be able to provide memorable enough stages and music.

Also I forgot to mention my idea for Cynthia-Alolan Battle Tree and the Trainer themes from as well as the Champion themes not present in Smash yet plus her original theme.

(I think it’s possible they could just replace the spirit image if a spirit becomes a fighter so they don’t have to force themselves to be limited or work around it, I feel the same with Shantae and Rayman)

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
In fairness the DLC WILL be unexpected/surprising.

I don't think Dixie/Bandanna Dee type characters fit that at all. MAYBE a retro revival could work, like Balloon Fighter or DK Jr. Maybe a surprising choice like Poochy. But it seems pretty obvious we're getting all 3rd Party.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I dunno, that would be weird though.
"Ultimate DLC Fight Pass (1?), featuring big third party names!"
"Oh, and also this thing :ultpiranha:"

We'll just have to wait and see what happens before assuming there will be any set pattern/theme. Whoever's last is bound to be a shocker, at least.

Last edited:

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion

We'll just have to wait and see what happens before assuming there will be any set pattern/theme. Whoever's last is bound to be a shocker, at least.
My bets are on Porky or BDee for "obligatory first party character"

TheAnvil

Smash Hero

Our last DLC's newcomers were Cloud, Ryu, Bayoneta and also this thing :ultcorrin:

Khandoit

Smash Cadet
So I’ve been playing a lot of ultimate and I gotta say, King K Rool feels so authentically “Rare”. His animations, his movement, his expressions and taunts. Really feels like some appreciation to Rare is being paid by sakurai and his team.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Man; sometimes I sit back and think how crazy it is that Banjo is now near the TOP of the probability list.
I know right. Even though absolutely nothing was hinted at in the VGA. And I had remind myself that the Banjo playing during the RDR2 song segment was a coincidence.

It helps that the JFG/Blast Corps data strains haven't been debunked so far.

Our last DLC's newcomers were Cloud, Ryu, Bayoneta and also this thing :ultcorrin:
At least everybody knew who the Piranha Plant is by the time he got revealed. :4pacman:

Last edited:

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
After playing WoL it has become pretty clear to me with how Spirits are ranked by power numbers and status' like Legendaries that highly requested characters that didn't make the cut as fighters are just really powerful spirits, its no surprise that Rayman/Geno/Ashley/Bandana Dee etc. are incredibly powerful spirits. To me that spells an acknowledgement of their popularity but a consolation prize for not getting in is being a powerful spirit.

At first I didn't think spirits deconfirm characters, but now it does with the way things are portrayed.

That aside, theres an incredible amount of Rare love when it comes to music/spirits, theres alot of DKC tracks, Tiny/Chunky and I think also Lanky Kong are in as spirits despite the fact that Nintendo has never ever acknowledged their existence after DK64 until now, theres a section on the map thats based off of DKC. I dont think Ive ever seen this much acknowledgement of Rares history in any Smash or Nintendo game. Just leaves me wondering even more so about those Jet Force Gemini & Blast Corps spirits in the data, it cant possibly be a mistake, it just doesn't make much sense, and as far as I know, there is no other inclusion in the data like this, theres nothing else thats a stray piece of information leading to other hints at characters or franchises, I find it hard to believe Nintendo still thought they owned the rights to Jet Force Gemini & Blast Corps of all games.

It just doesn't add up to me. I really gotta know why they're there.

Also I'm surprised nobody has taken note of this https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2018-12-06-phil-spencer-xbox-game-pass-will-come-to-every-device.

while not explicitly stated, Spencer easily could've said console then PC. Instead he says 'every device'. Implying he wants to bring it to other console maybe, again, doesn't this all sound a bit familiar? Remember when Nintendo & Microsoft started their relationship at the beginning of the Switch era? It seems like Microsoft isn't necessarily bowing out of the console market, it'll continue to make them, but its dissolving its rivalry between console manufacturers as it explores going full digital on as many platforms as possible. PC gaming on Xbox was the first step, Nintendo I imagine is more than happy to oblige assisting them going mobile as Nintendo goes further in the mobile gaming space.
That announcement came a few hours before The Game Awards, we talked about this briefly on how this could mean Banjo could come to the Switch via their Game Pass service.

As for the character lists we've been talking about, I dunno, I really don't see Sylux making it. To a non-Metroid fan he seems incredibly boring, at least to me. He looks almost like a Fighting Polygon Figure from Melee, hah. Adeleine is cuteness and paint moves seem coolc but she doesn't seem surprising or anything. I think Sylux, Adeleine, Poochy, etc aren't Spirits simply because there has to be a cutoff somewhere.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
I genuinely think it's BK's time. With the Rare spirits, in the datamine, Phil Spencer's comment on Twitter, and all the positive fan support it feels like it's a realistic possibility now. My hope would also be for Rare to actually give a **** and give us a Banjo-Threeie. The fact that the most we've gotten for their anniversary so far is a ship decoration feels like a joke.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
That announcement came a few hours before The Game Awards, we talked about this briefly on how this could mean Banjo could come to the Switch via their Game Pass service.

As for the character lists we've been talking about, I dunno, I really don't see Sylux making it. To a non-Metroid fan he seems incredibly boring, at least to me. He looks almost like a Fighting Polygon Figure from Melee, hah. Adeleine is cuteness and paint moves seem coolc but she doesn't seem surprising or anything. I think Sylux, Adeleine, Poochy, etc aren't Spirits simply because there has to be a cutoff somewhere.
You forgot Porky. While those characters are either one off or minor in their series, Porky isn't. Porky was a boss back in Subspace Emissary and he is the co-antagonist of Earthbound/Mother 2 and the main antagonist of Mother 3. Out of the missing characters that are not spirits, Porky has got the best shot of making it in. Especially with Mother's 30th anniversary coming up next year, with potentially Mother 3 finally being announced and getting localized and released in the west. Porky as DLC could be a good promotion for Mother 3.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
You forgot Porky. While those characters are either one off or minor in their series, Porky isn't. Porky was a boss back in Subspace Emissary and he is the co-antagonist of Earthbound/Mother 2 and the main antagonist of Mother 3. Out of the missing characters that are not spirits, Porky has got the best shot of making it in. Especially with Mother's 30th anniversary coming up next year, with potentially Mother 3 finally being announced and getting localized and released in the west. Porky as DLC could be a good promotion for Mother 3.
So what could be his potential stage and list of songs?

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So what could be his potential stage and list of songs?
Seeing as New Pork City and Fourside are already in the game, his stage would probably be where you fight him at the end of Earthbound which is the Cave of the Past.

As for music, he would have his boss themes from both Mother games as well as enemy battle music from the series.

Last edited:
Top Bottom