• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Shouldn't a B-K fan celebrate with, y'know, BK? Hehe....

I got hope, after watching that Gamexplain discussion, and reading some of the responses here. There's perhaps a better chance we'll be getting Banjo-Kazooie if Nintendo is the one behind the choices. Making big business deals with Microsoft and all that, they'd be more inclined to show off that partnership with a Smash character or two.
(Rimshot)

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast

I got hope, after watching that Gamexplain discussion, and reading some of the responses here. There's perhaps a better chance we'll be getting Banjo-Kazooie if Nintendo is the one behind the choices. Making big business deals with Microsoft and all that, they'd be more inclined to show off that partnership with a Smash character or two.
It's this sort of hope that I'm holding onto and won't let go until the very end. (Or they're revealed early on, even better!)

I haven't just been saying this for no reason, Banjo Kazooie has a real chance this time. Of course, it's a business industry and 5 character isn't a lot, so there are plenty of ways this can go sour. But there's a real chance!

squirtgar

Smash Apprentice
So just putting this out there. Am I the only one that has hoped that someone would mod banjo tooie and allow you to play through banjo kazooie in a sorta newgame plus mode with all of your tooie stuff or at least someone mod banjo kazooie and tooie into the same game?

ProjectDream

Smash Apprentice

Now you're getting it.

The ones that have to be worried are Geno supporters, Square is notoriously bad to deal with, they want to promote their latest IPs, they're super protective and their treatment of Geno leads alot to be desired.

Microsoft and Smash is a simple case; it is unknown, its such a unprecedented move that I don't think anybody can call what the outcome will be because theres just as much evidence for and against us. The odds have surprisingly stayed the same for us this whole time, it's 50/50. Even without Sakurais first hand picks for DLC, we really don't know what Nintendo wants, and vice versa from Microsoft.

We do however know, they're more than fine with Banjo, its been said enough times, how many times has it been said about Steve specifically? Not once, not even in leaks its a 100% certainty. For all we know theres spirits of minecraft in the game RIGHT NOW, and that'll be extent of this so called Minecraft content.
The only way we as people outside the corporate sphere of this discussion can even predict which way the wind is blowing on this is with a couple things, one is the N64 classic whether or not it exists, what games does it have, and two, does Microsoft have any relative announcements to make about partnerships either at X018 or VGAs.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Kind of surprised this hasn't been mentioned, But speaking of Minecraft content, Wouldn't technically Microsoft's/Mojang company name have been listed as "Copyright" with all the other companies names at the end of Directs or character trailers?

That is if their is content already included in the base game that we don't know about like Spirits or something, I would assume Companies names would only pop up if something major appeared and got major screen time during the direct, But then again I would assume that something big like that would have been mentioned by now.

(Example: Shovel Knight is an Assist, But his company isn't listed with all the other companies in the copyright screen.)

(Maybe because he's minor inclusion and not a fighter and he's from a smaller company, But I imagine it would still be mentioned, Probably only during in game credits.)

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Kind of surprised this hasn't been mentioned, But speaking of Minecraft content, Wouldn't technically Microsoft's/Mojang company name have been listed as "Copyright" with all the other companies names at the end of Directs or character trailers?

That is if their is content already included in the base game that we don't know about like Spirits or something, I would assume Companies names would only pop up if something major appeared and got major screen time during the direct, But then again I would assume that something big like that would have been mentioned by now.

(Example: Shovel Knight is an Assist, But his company isn't listed with all the other companies in the copyright screen.)

(Maybe because he's minor inclusion and not a fighter and he's from a smaller company, But I imagine it would still be mentioned, Probably only during in game credits.)
That makes sense. It could explain why Minecraft content has been spotted months ago.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
The only way we as people outside the corporate sphere of this discussion can even predict which way the wind is blowing on this is with a couple things, one is the N64 classic whether or not it exists, what games does it have, and two, does Microsoft have any relative announcements to make about partnerships either at X018 or VGAs.
While it would be a nice early confirmation (tomorrow), I'm not sure I expect a BK announcement at X018. If one does happen, that'll be a great thing both for Smash chances and having another BK game finally. But they're not going to announce something like the N64 Classic or BK's involvement in Smash at X018. So if nothing new comes from that, we shouldn't lose hope.

On the other hand, if the N64 Classic never happens and there's no sort of news at TGA, that is a bit worrisome. But again, as you said, we know something was discussed with Banjo in Smash whereas outside of unclear rumor mills, we don't know about Steve.

It's going to be a hell of a wait, that's for certain.

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
While it would be a nice early confirmation (tomorrow), I'm not sure I expect a BK announcement at X018. If one does happen, that'll be a great thing both for Smash chances and having another BK game finally. But they're not going to announce something like the N64 Classic or BK's involvement in Smash at X018. So if nothing new comes from that, we shouldn't lose hope.

On the other hand, if the N64 Classic never happens and there's no sort of news at TGA, that is a bit worrisome. But again, as you said, we know something was discussed with Banjo in Smash whereas outside of unclear rumor mills, we don't know about Steve.

It's going to be a hell of a wait, that's for certain.
I wouldn't worry about if the N64 Classic Edition is going to happen, With all the trademarks and the next one in line for the "Classic" treatment it's just a matter of when, The only thing we have to worry about if Rare's library is gonna be included or not.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I wouldn't worry about if the N64 Classic Edition is going to happen, With all the trademarks and the next one in line for the "Classic" treatment it's just a matter of when, The only thing we have to worry about if Rare's library is gonna be included or not.
Yeah, Rare's games being on the N64 mini or not is really what I think will be the signal for Banjo & Kazooie's inclusion or deconfirmation in Smash.

Last edited:

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
I'll admit it certainly wouldn't look good if the Classic came out without Rare's games. I don't doubt the rumors that one is coming, but the time is running out if they want to release it by Christmas.

D

Deleted member

Now you're getting it.

The ones that have to be worried are Geno supporters, Square is notoriously bad to deal with, they want to promote their latest IPs, they're super protective and their treatment of Geno leads alot to be desired.

Microsoft and Smash is a simple case; it is unknown, its such a unprecedented move that I don't think anybody can call what the outcome will be because theres just as much evidence for and against us. The odds have surprisingly stayed the same for us this whole time, it's 50/50. Even without Sakurais first hand picks for DLC, we really don't know what Nintendo wants, and vice versa from Microsoft.

We do however know, they're more than fine with Banjo, its been said enough times, how many times has it been said about Steve specifically? Not once, not even in leaks its a 100% certainty. For all we know theres spirits of minecraft in the game RIGHT NOW, and that'll be extent of this so called Minecraft content.
Wait where did you hear about Minecraft spirits?

Last edited by a moderator:

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
He meant it like a "for all we know", not that "we know". He means we don't currently know. I suspect that when review copies start coming out in the upcoming weeks, we'll find out everything for sure.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Ubisoft hasnt been credited for either Smash 4 (Rayman trophy) or Ultimate (rabbid sticker), so the copyrights only apply to playables.

Even though I think we wouldve seen them by now, its still possible that there could be Minecrsft spirits floating around, but we the public wont see or know about them until December 7th.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
I highly doubt that if minecraft of all thing was in smash in anyway that M$/Mojang would be ok with nintendo not showing it off or advertising it in any way shape or form B/4 release

its safe to say there is no minecraft content in smash ultimate's base game otherwise they would of made a point of showing it off even if it was a frame of a minecraft spirite in a trailer/direct like they did with shautee

hustler713

Smash Apprentice
I highly doubt that if minecraft of all thing was in smash in anyway that M$/Mojang would be ok with nintendo not showing it off or advertising it in any way shape or form B/4 release

its safe to say there is no minecraft content in smash ultimate's base game otherwise they would of made a point of showing it off even if it was a frame of a minecraft spirite in a trailer/direct like they did with shautee
Hopefully not. Dlc would mean a character...

and that's even more of an insult to BK, Isaac, Dixie and Geno than that Fly trap they made a character...

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
There hasn't really been any foundation for how the packs will be structured. It doesn't really say that the Character / Stage / Music are all from the same source. For all we know, technically they could put whatever they wanted I guess. Like... Dixie Kong, a Pokemon Floats 2, and random music that goes to it or other stages. I'm not saying it's likely, but until we get a couple packs, it's really anyone's guess I think.

(I bring that up because Banjo, Minecraft stage, Banjo / Minecraft music is a win in my book.)

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
There hasn't really been any foundation for how the packs will be structured. It doesn't really say that the Character / Stage / Music are all from the same source. For all we know, technically they could put whatever they wanted I guess. Like... Dixie Kong, a Pokemon Floats 2, and random music that goes to it or other stages. I'm not saying it's likely, but until we get a couple packs, it's really anyone's guess I think.

(I bring that up because Banjo, Minecraft stage, Banjo / Minecraft music is a win in my book.)
Given that, it is possible they could bring back a few remaining past stages this way, makes development all the less taxing (and maybe Sakurai and Sora can hibernate until next time afterwards).

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
They did make it seem like the content that they created would be entirely new, but it's possible that could extend to just the characters. I personally don't think there are stages that would be exciting enough to bring back that aren't already there, but that's just personal opinion ofc.

It's more likely that the character and stage will come from a previously unrepresented series to get music to go along with it, but a Pokemon or Fire Emblem rep wouldn't really surprise me. I'm just trying to mentally leave as many doors open for Banjo as possible ^_^;;

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
The unique music makes me think these will all be new franchises.

Any word from Twitter or hopefully, no words from Phil or Gregg?

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
I've added some twitter searches to my daily routine, including many combinations of "@XBoxP3" (which is Phil's handle), "@Ghoulyboy" (Gregg's), "Banjo", "Smash", "DLC", and just about all of it is fans like us tweeting about how much they hope they can make it into Smash. But so far, nothing from anyone official that would know anything.

Last edited:

JonSmash

Smash Ace
I think its obvious the DLC packs will be 1 character 1 stage & music, & that means the character & stage are going to be relevent to eacth other

it would make NO sense to have a pack of character & stage not be in relation to eatch other at all anyone who things so is being WAY too
optimistic.

look at smash 4 character DLC

Returning characters (Mewtwo lucas & Roy) no stage

3rd party characters (Cloud Ryu & Bayo) etach came with a stage based on there games

1st party nintendo newcomers (corrin) no stage just a song

smash Ultimate caracter DLC so far

1st party nintendo character (piranha plant) no stage or music also a limited time free offer

a total of 5 character packs around 5$ eatch with 1 character with 1 stage & some songs

IMO evidence points to stages & characters being from the same game & with multiple songs I have to say even if there 3rd party or not they might end up being series/IP that are not playble in smash already

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Honestly that's what I'm leaning towards to, we just really have no idea since other than 5 characters, 5 stages, and 5+ music, they've really been (unfortunately) unclear on it all.

And who knows, maybe that consideration will be something that will give BK an edge up. There's some incredibly excellent music in there. If there's a series with better music than BK, I haven't found it yet, hah.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
I doubt it with sakurai's words in the direct, piranha plant being a actual character & then thos tweets sakurai had to make all point to him knowing fans won't like the DLC picks he even threw nintendo under the buss saying they made a list ("this time") he he had to pick from it, this comming from a man who has said in multiple interviews that HE controls & makes every decision in smash to say such a thing is telling

& if piranha plant was on that list (he is a DLC character) & he had to pick piranha plant that list must look like doodoo

expect the worst ! even sakurai knows it ! all evidence points twords it

are only hope is that the curent president of nintendo wants more DLC for major switch games like kart odessy, BOTW so maybe if fans are meh about season 1 DLC maybe they will listen to fan demand in season 2 ? witch will be 2021 to 2022 ish ??? if even

Last edited:

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
I know its been talked about already, but that InsideXbox Conference will be going on Tomarrow, I could care less for what that dying console's last breath of air is, but if its a new Banjo game or anything to do with Banjo at all- Whoooooo boy, holy Sh*t!

Dont have my hopes up at all and will probably just be some dumb gameplay footage of games we already knew about (Devil may Cry 5 looks like A$$ to me), but in the extremely slight chance we see Banjo, things will flip.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
I don't think it has to be read like that at all. I think it's meant to be read to mean "We've selected the DLC already, we appreciate the support for all your favorite characters, but what's done is done now. Stop tweeting us."

If you look at Twitter alone, there are hundreds / probably thousands of tweets per day, even after this announcement, directed towards him and Nintendo. I think they just want to tell people to just wait for them to release the DLC now.

He isn't saying that people aren't going to like the DLC. I think Piranha Plant was just something he and his team were playing around with and decided to keep it because it was funny.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
if they make a new banjo game it be better to have it be there next gen launch title maybe do a B-K & B-T 4K remaster & make it look as good as the conker remaster was back on the 1st Xbox (no not xbox one)

D

Deleted member

Tomorrow afternoon is the X018 event

1pm pt
2pm ??
3pm ct
4pm et

Sea of thieves will get shown meaning rare Ltd will be there. So let’s hope they bring a little surprise with them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
I think Jon is part of the team that got burnt by the Grinch, and I think he is keeping expectations low

JonSmash

Smash Ace
yeah there very low :p based on what rare has been doing & what sakurai has been saying im saying its VERY low (I mean piranha plant)

GravelerChamp60

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys I think we should keep in mind that Nintendo doesn't have the last say in picking 3rd party picks. If Nintendo wants a rep from Microsoft then MS also has to agree which rep(s) they want in the game.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Which is one thing that Phil Spencer has going for us. He's voiced in numerous occasions that he would like Banjo to be in Smash. I'm not sure I've seen a similar thing mentioning his interest in Steve. (Though of course he would want one of the lost popular games of all time involved.)

I dunno guys, we're just going tonhave to wait it out and see. I'm still putting down for decent chances.

squirtgar

Smash Apprentice
I don't quite get the despair it seems like some of us are feeling.

When I see the recent Sakurai tweet I think of it this way.
Nintendo, Sakurai and whatever companies are involved need to agree on the character. The tweet adds a variable which in my mind only increases Banjo's chances.

Top Bottom