• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Thing is, if they are now chosen, and Banjo was not it, then I think something would have been said by now, especially in the past few days

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
November 2016

https://www.gamnesia.com/news/phil-...e-banjo-kazooie-in-super-smash-bros.-and-mari

I put this a couple of months ago ,But for those of you who haven't read this it just talks about Nintendo and Microsoft's relationship and how he would love Banjo-Kazooie in Super Smash Bros (A little over halfway down the page), This is from November 2016 so he mentions in the past how he gets asked a ton about it.

Last edited:

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
November 2016

https://www.gamnesia.com/news/phil-...e-banjo-kazooie-in-super-smash-bros.-and-mari

I put this a couple of months ago ,But for those of you who haven't read this it just talks about Nintendo and Microsoft's relationship and how he would love Banjo-Kazooie in Super Smash Bros (A little over halfway down the page), This is from November 2016 so he mentions in the past how he gets asked a ton about it.
That article is a great read. If nothing else, it really goes to show that he's interested in Banjo in Smash. If he really has pushed for it as the tone of that article might indicate, it sounds like it might have in the least been a serious discussion. Which at the end of the day is all we can hope for.

Hush_

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hushhh
Switch FC
SW-7310-0229-2822
so here's why this could work in this potential trade off that would benefit both parties.

- Nintendo adds Banjo Kazooie along with other Rare titles from the N64 to the N64 classic/mini. This benefits Microsoft as well keep that in mind. $$ for licensing. Both parties are happy as the N64 classic will sell like crazy regardless if the Banjo games are in or not.

- Microsoft and Nintendo come to an agreement to include Minecraft in DLC. Whether it's Banjo as a fighter, minecraft stage, or Steve as a fighter, minecraft stage, Microsoft gets $$ on that end. Nintendo however, had to have asked for Banjo too for this "trade" off if you will. Again, this still benefits Microsoft if they do Steve and Banjo as fighters. Two Microsoft reps is better than one. And Nintendo wins because they'll sell a **** ton of DLC from Banjo alone. They are well aware how requested he is.

here's my theory. it's ridiculous but here me out.

Next Nintendo Direct, they announce the N64 mini. No mention of BK in smash yet of course. But if we see Banjo Kazooie/Tooie listed, Banjo is in and I'm 99% sure. December 6th 2018, is the VGA/TGAs. Microsoft announce a new banjo game. Nintendo announces Banjo as one of the first characters for DLC. Possibly day one dlc. He will probably be a surprise fighter to get everyone buying smash the next day.

edit: also forgot to mention, Banjo Kazooie's 20th anniversary in Japan falls on December 6th too!

Just my crazy a*s theory

Last edited:

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
so here's why this could work in this potential trade off that would benefit both parties.

- Nintendo adds Banjo Kazooie along with other Rare titles from the N64 to the N64 classic/mini. This benefits Microsoft as well keep that in mind. $$ for licensing. Both parties are happy as the N64 classic will sell like crazy regardless if the Banjo games are in or not.

- Microsoft and Nintendo come to an agreement to include Minecraft in DLC. Whether it's Banjo as a fighter, minecraft stage, or Steve as a fighter, minecraft stage, Microsoft gets $$ on that end. Nintendo however, had to have asked for Banjo too for this "trade" off if you will. Again, this still benefits Microsoft if they do Steve and Banjo as fighters. Two Microsoft reps is better than one. And Nintendo wins because they'll sell a **** ton of DLC from Banjo alone. They are well aware how requested he is.

here's my theory. it's ridiculous but here me out.

Next Nintendo Direct, they announce the N64 mini. No mention of BK in smash yet of course. But if we see Banjo Kazooie/Tooie listed, Banjo is in and I'm 99% sure. December 6th 2018, is the VGA/TGAs. Microsoft announce a new banjo game. Nintendo announces Banjo as one of the first characters for DLC. Possibly day one dlc. He will probably be a surprise fighter to get everyone buying smash the next day.

edit: also forgot to mention, Banjo Kazooie's 20th anniversary in Japan falls on December 6th too!

Just my crazy a*s theory
The nice thing about this is a new BK game doesn't even have to be announced for it still to work out if they didn't want to. Banjo being promoted for any reason is probably hype enough for fans. (But how great would a new BK game be?)

I have my fingers crossed. Time moves so slowly sometimes!

Hush_

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hushhh
Switch FC
SW-7310-0229-2822
You’re right. A new game doesn’t even have to be announced. A trailer is all we need.

Trailer starts with Minecraft gameplay and you see a banjo skin breaking some ores and whatnot. The gameplay starts to zoom out and we realize it’s being played by banjo & kazooie in the comfort of their home.

*insert Kazooie and Banjo dialogue here about how great of a game Minecraft is*
*Door bell rings*
It’s L.O.G.
*insert witty exchanges between the characters*
Drops off a letter
They open it
invitation to smash

Last edited:

Rigumaro

Smash Apprentice
November 2016

Not gonna lie, this interview is amazing. I always had the slight impression that when Phil Spencer replied to those tweets about B&K in Smash, he was just giving a PR answer or saying what we want to hear. But if those words are true, I now believe he really wants to do it. It's not giving me hope, but at least it felt good to read.

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
It honestly makes me feel a little better knowing that Phil mentions the bear and bird every now and again. If anything I'm just glad that the folks over at Microsoft haven't completely forgotten about ol' Banjo.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Okay guys, do NOT get your hopes up here, this could all just be a huge coincidence

Still...

1541652153789.png

TheTreasonousSnowmad

Smash Journeyman
Okay guys, do NOT get your hopes up here, this could all just be a huge coincidence

Still...

View attachment 176605
Maybe it's supposed to be them saying, "Oh, this should be good." in response to the claim.

I know that we've strayed from the topic a bit, but I think that Nintendo picking the DLC characters could help Banjo's chances, as they're more likely to pick a character for financial gain; one who's popular among the fans, than Sakurai would. His tweet could be as innocent as "Please understand if your favorite character doesn't get in." or it could be him saying, "I didn't pick the roster, so I apologize in advance for not being able to manifest my genius in fighters such as Octorock and Pink Gold Peach."

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I wonder what the chances both Verg's and PapaGeno's sources are right

Steve and Banjo

volbound1700

Smash Master
Too be honest, I would whether have Master Chief in over Steve from Minecraft. But I'm praying we will get Banjo & Kazooie.
Masterchief would be the best character for Nintendo to get from a sales/hype perspective. He doesn't fit great with Smash (but neither does Snake or other characters) but he would generate significant hype... far more than perhaps any other character out there.

Smash Bro 25

Smash Rookie
I see a lot of comments in Youtube videos and many channels supporting Banjo for Smash and I can't remember any other time this decade that Banjo & Kazooie had so much hype. Every true gamer is cheering for them.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Verge in recent comments is backing further away from Steve. He really wants people to stop saying that he claimed Steve would be in. Even Hiatchi (or whatever his co-leaker’s name is) is backing down on Steve.

Verge still supports Minecraft though.

Coupled with papagenos papagenos loose Microsoft insight, this is really pointing at Banjo.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
yeah someone said steve was playable & verge backed them up saying yes now he is trying to say no dude needs to get his story strait

GreyJinjo

Smash Cadet
before you guys get excited, remember that we’re banjo kazooie fans. Dissapointment is always, ALWAYS at sight.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Even though it does absolutely nothing to change their chances since everything has already been decided, it does feel somewhat good seeing youtubers, news outlets, and lots of places online put BK in their lists. If they don't make it in, I think the right people will probably at least notice. While it probably won't change anything, and even if they're completely wrong, it feels better to read people talking about them than not, as weird as that sounds. XD

Rigumaro

Smash Apprentice
Even though it does absolutely nothing to change their chances since everything has already been decided, it does feel somewhat good seeing youtubers, news outlets, and lots of places online put BK in their lists. If they don't make it in, I think the right people will probably at least notice. While it probably won't change anything, and even if they're completely wrong, it feels better to read people talking about them than not, as weird as that sounds. XD
Well, I find unlikely that Microsoft's/Rare's or Nintendo's important people are looking at forums and average youtubers, so I doubt they're seeing all that support. Unless popular/famous people, or even companies like Wendy's, do the same, they probably wont notice.

But still, you're right. It feels nice seeing all that support.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Well, I find unlikely that Microsoft's/Rare's or Nintendo's important people are looking at forums and average youtubers, so I doubt they're seeing all that support. Unless popular/famous people, or even companies like Wendy's, do the same, they probably wont notice.

Like this? https://twitter.com/Wendys/status/1059251339660877828 =P

Turtlar

Smash Apprentice
Just some food for thought.

Verg claimed Minecraft content would be in Smash, not necessarily Steve or a fighter in general. The first thing that comes to mind for most with Minecraft is usually either Creepers or the world itself, rather than Steve. Both Banjo and Minecraft are owned by Microsoft.

One of the fighter packs could be coined the Crossplay pack, which would have Banjo as the fighter and a Minecraft themed stage, with music from both series. A stage based on Minecraft would represent it much better than Steve ever could. Throw in some creeper stage hazards and bam, it's a done deal.

Back to lurking.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Just some food for thought.

Verg claimed Minecraft content would be in Smash, not necessarily Steve or a fighter in general. The first thing that comes to mind for most with Minecraft is usually either Creepers or the world itself, rather than Steve. Both Banjo and Minecraft are owned by Microsoft.

One of the fighter packs could be coined the Crossplay pack, which would have Banjo as the fighter and a Minecraft themed stage, with music from both series. A stage based on Minecraft would represent it much better than Steve ever could. Throw in some creeper stage hazards and bam, it's a done deal.

Back to lurking.
I love Banjo-Kazooie's worlds but honestly a Minecraft stage would be pretty damn cool. Banjo and Minecraft pack, as long as Banjo isn't an alt costume for Steve, would be great. So that would be another great scenario.

I think we don't know enough about how the packs are going to be released, like if they're sticking to a strict "everything is explicitly from one franchise" type thing.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
That'd be sick. Honestly I'd like that just as much as if the stages were remastered BK stages. As long as BK are the characters and based off their BK/BT designs and not N&B, Steve, or Minecraft XD. Blocky Minecraft Banjo would make me sad.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

TheTreasonousSnowmad

Smash Journeyman
yeah someone said steve was playable & verge backed them up saying yes now he is trying to say no dude needs to get his story strait
He said that Hitagi seems to believe that and that he thinks it's the case as well, I believe citing the announcement of DLC packs as justification. He never linked that to a source, and therefore, it's just his speculation based on what he has heard and the info that's been publicly divulged.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
For what it's worth, I don't think Nintendo would go through all of the legal steps and deal making to end up with Blocky Minecraft Banjo =P It's either going to be N64 Banjo or nothing I think, hah.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

As they say, "there is no such thing as bad publicity". Anything that actually gets people's attention over a particular character will at least guarantee they'll be considered for the sequel.

It's a lot more than what Rare and Microsoft have been doing, I tell you what.

Last edited:

ProjectDream

Smash Apprentice
Not one source, not even Verg has actually explicitly said that Steve is a character confirmed.
The rumour has been since about E3 and has never changed, Smash has some form of Minecraft content.

Its just that nobody knows what it is, not even Hitagi. Who's backpedalling.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
I still think that Minecraft stuff could be in Spirits mode, I can see them not showing it as to not spoil Microsofts involvement. They said Minecraft content is in the game since E3, since it didn't show up now they're speculating it's DLC.. I don't think anyone knows what it is.... and are guessing it's DLC based on a "where else could it be" idea. I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that it's in Spirits mode.

squirtgar

Smash Apprentice
I still think that Minecraft stuff could be in Spirits mode, I can see them not showing it as to not spoil Microsofts involvement. They said Minecraft content is in the game since E3, since it didn't show up now they're speculating it's DLC.. I don't think anyone knows what it is.... and are guessing it's DLC based on a "where else could it be" idea. I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that it's in Spirits mode.
Didn't even think about that. This is what I am hoping is the case.

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
I wouldn't say I'm convinced that getting one means we're guaranteed to get the other, but if Phil Spencer is as down with Banjo in Smash as everything is saying, any amount of agreement between Nintendo and Microsoft has to be only good news for Banjo.

In other news, I took a midterm today in my early morning class and got myself some Wendy's afterward to celebrate. We B-K fans gotta support each other, after all.

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
Shouldn't a B-K fan celebrate with, y'know, BK? Hehe....

I got hope, after watching that Gamexplain discussion, and reading some of the responses here. There's perhaps a better chance we'll be getting Banjo-Kazooie if Nintendo is the one behind the choices. Making big business deals with Microsoft and all that, they'd be more inclined to show off that partnership with a Smash character or two.

Top Bottom