• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Idk guys, I agree with some of you, after what sakurai said about Nintendo Choosing the Next 5 characters for DLC, it feels like we won't be Seeing Banjo-Kazooie at all- granted IF they were to make an N64 Classic it would sell Sh*tloads better with RareWare Games on it and striking a deal with Microsoft seems pretty likely what with the Crossplay and things.

but I just dont know, Banjo hasn't been on a Nintendo Platform since 2005's Banjo-Pilot on the GBA, and if Relevancy is an Issue for third parties (at least Nintendo's perspective, not Sakurai's), then Its Game Over for Banjo.

I want to believe, I really do, he is the only thing that will make Smash Ultimate GOTY for me.
We just got to hold on until the end of the DLC season. I'm not giving up on Banjo & Kazooie until the day cames when they are finally in Smash. I've waited 17 years for K. Rool, and I still can't believe he made it. His inclusion gives me a lot of hope for our bear and bird, I will support Banjo & Kazooie even if it takes another 17 years for them to get in.

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Plus Tropical Freeze is pretty good too, based off what I've played.
I honestly think it might be the best 2D Platformer ever made. (Definitely the best one I ever played) The Worlds and Level design is as good as it gets, The soundtrack is so damn good and atmospheric, not surprised since David Wise returned to score it and the bosses are a lot of fun. I 200% it on Wii U and hard mode, Sold the Wii U version and got it for Switch again because it's that damn good of a game and I love platformers.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Tropical Freeze is a master piece, and I hope K. Rool potentially returning in the 3rd DKCR game will make it the best game in the trilogy if not, the best game in the series.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Of the five Nintendo picks, at least ONE is going to be one of the higher placing ballot picks just so they can say "Look! Look! We listened! We swear!"

But in that regard it's going to be a very safe, first-party pick that won't force them out of their comfort zone. I think Bandana Dee and Paper Mario specifically are the two biggest contenders
If their going for a 3rd Party pick the safest and most predictable choice would be Rayman, 2nd choice would probably be a Namco rep since they only have Pacman so far and I would bet it to be Heihachi from Tekken.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
If their going for a 3rd Party pick the safest and most predictable choice would be Rayman, 2nd choice would probably be a Namco rep since they only have Pacman so far and I would bet it to be Heihachi from Tekken.
Heihachi is even more obvious because of the Mii costume back in Smash 4.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Of the five Nintendo picks, at least ONE is going to be one of the higher placing ballot picks just so they can say "Look! Look! We listened! We swear!"

But in that regard it's going to be a very safe, first-party pick that won't force them out of their comfort zone. I think Bandana Dee and Paper Mario specifically are the two biggest contenders
I can't really be mad if they pick one or two of higher placing characters as that'll make a larger amount of people happy. At least it's something.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
I like Tekken well enough and all, but Heihachi as a playable character would be sort of ick imo. I don't see how he'd be that much different than Ryu. I get it if it happens, but not one I'd be hoping for.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I like Tekken well enough and all, but Heihachi as a playable character would be sort of ick imo. I don't see how he'd be that much different than Ryu. I get it if it happens, but not one I'd be hoping for.
That's my only problem with him too, I like him and think he's cool even though I don't have much experience with the franchise, But I do love playing Pokken Tournament DX, But it would be pretty cool to see him fight Ryu though I believe Street Fighter and Tekken already did that years ago and Heihachi's was in Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale too not that it means anything.

Last edited:

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Nah, don't hate on Incineroar. Every Smash game has had a new Pokemon. He's probably not the most popular choice, but there's nothing wrong with him =P He does seem appropriate for Pokken, but plenty of other characters are in both.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Nah, don't hate on Incineroar. Every Smash game has had a new Pokemon. He's probably not the most popular choice, but there's nothing wrong with him =P He does seem appropriate for Pokken, but plenty of other characters are in both.
Plus, Incineroar actually looks fun to play as and has a lot of personality, and the same thing can be said of Piranha Plant as well.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Tekkens cool and all, but Heihaci in smash just doesnt tickle my fancy. Theyd play up the whole "Woah lookie here! Ryu and Heihachi in the same game! An impossible crossover!" When we had Street Fighter X Tekken ages ago. Ryus 'rival game'has always been Mortal Kombat to me and most of the west, so seeing Scorpion would be a truly "holy ****" moment. But, I inderstand thats nevrr happening, and I dont have any ill will to Tekken.

That said, Dig Dug for Smash. The true 2nd Namco character.

But alas, this is a Banjo thread. Whats your favorite boss from the game? Gameplay wise mines Targitzan cuz of the goldeneye controls, character wise its Klungo, since he tries so hard in Tooie to be a good minion but just says "**** it" and quits his job by the end of the game.

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Tekkens cool and all, but Heihaci in smash just doesnt tickle my fancy. Theyd play up the whole "Woah lookie here! Ryu and Heihachi in the same game! An impossible crossover!" When we had Street Fighter X Tekken ages ago. Ryus 'rival game'has always been Mortal Kombat to me and most of the west, so seeing Scorpion would be a truly "holy ****" moment. But, I inderstand thats nevrr happening, and I dont have any ill will to Tekken.

But alas, this is a Banjo thread. Whats your favorite boss from the game? Gameplay wise mines Targitzan cuz of the goldeneye controls, character wise its Klungo, since he tries so hard in Tooie to be a good minion but just says "**** it" and quits his job by the end of the game.
My favorite boss would be a toss-up between Mr. Patch, Weldar, Mingy Jongo, and the Hag 1.

Last edited:

shellshocker18

Smash Apprentice
I just became aware the chick from Eternal Darkness has a spirit. I've beaten that game and its good on the basis it was originally going to release on N64, but I can't believe Eternal Darkness got Smash representation before Banjo. What a world.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
I honestly wish that Phil Spencer would deconfirm him if he isn’t in at this point, I’d rather just be done with hope if there is none.

Also favorite boss is hard, I dig chilly billy and chilly willy a lot but also welder and old king coal so it’s a tough call

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
My favorite boss in the series is Weldar, which is ironic because the level he's in is Grunty Industries which is probably my least or 2nd least favorite level in the whole franchise if we are not counting anything from Nut & Bolts.

I honestly wish that Phil Spencer would deconfirm him if he isn’t in at this point, I’d rather just be done with hope of there is none.

Also favorite boss is hard, I dig chilly billy and chilly willy a lot but also welder and old king coal so it’s a tough call
Matt Bozon the creator of Shantae did the same thing until she was announced as a spirit. So, until we see our bear & bird in any shape or form in Smash, don't give up!

Last edited:

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
I honestly wish that Phil Spencer would deconfirm him if he isn’t in at this point, I’d rather just be done with hope if there is none.
Yeah, the waiting game is the worst, especially when things have never went in Banjo's favor in the past in regards to Smash. In the very least, I think we'll have a better idea based on whether any announcements regarding the duo come up in the next month or two in regards to a N64 Classic, X018, and the TGA18 announcements. If they don't surface in any of these, well, not looking so good.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
The logic is there for Banjo to be in, but my heart is gearing up for disappointment

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
While going on topic about eveyones favorite boss, who is your least favorite boss? Mine would have to be Lord Woo Fak Fak from Banjo-Tooie.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
While going on topic about eveyones favorite boss, who is your least favorite boss? Mine would have to be Lord Woo Fak Fak from Banjo-Tooie.
Yeah, pretty much agree with Lord Woo Fak Fak; the swimming controls were a bit frustrating, to the point where the Submarine transformation was almost a necessity. I also thought the fights against the Dragon Brothers were kind of boring.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Yeah, pretty much agree with Lord Woo Fak Fak; the swimming controls were a bit frustrating, to the point where the Submarine transformation was almost a necessity. I also thought the fights against the Dragon Brothers were kind of boring.
To me the problem with that fight was the camera, it was very ignoring and every time I got close to him, Banjo & Kazooie would spin and I would have to take my sweet time adjusting the camera while at the same time Woo Fak Fak is turning around.

Last edited:

volbound1700

Smash Master
I am concerned that Steve will be the Microsoft rep. We could get lucky and have 2 reps but I just feel that Minecraft will take Banjo's spot.

Most definitely Mr.Patch. Favorite boss from my favorite World!

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I am concerned that Steve will be the Microsoft rep. We could get lucky and have 2 reps but I just feel that Minecraft will take Banjo's spot.
Too be honest, I would whether have Master Chief in over Steve from Minecraft. But I'm praying we will get Banjo & Kazooie.

Last edited:

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529

Maybe someone with Twitter should try asking Phil what he thinks about Banjo for dlc?
Depending on his response (or lack thereof), we could get an idea of what to expect (not advocating people to flood his feed, but shooting a simple question could work fine). Even if we get a "don't get your hopes up", we'll at least save some disappointment down the road.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I love Mr. Patch and (His big junk) because I love dinosaurs, I'm surprised no one has said Weldar that's one of my favorites too, Grunty's Hag 1 Final boss fight has hands down the best boss music.

Last edited:

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Maybe someone with Twitter should try asking Phil what he thinks about Banjo for dlc?
Depending on his response (or lack thereof), we could get an idea of what to expect (not advocating people to flood his feed, but shooting a simple question could work fine). Even if we get a "don't get your hopes up", we'll at least save some disappointment down the road.
I've been perusing the ole' Twitter for the last hour or so and numerous people over the last couple days have tweeted Phil about Banjo in Smash, but so far nothing has come in the way of a response. In fairness, the dude gets hundreds of tweets a day and as far as I can tell, it's actually his own personal Twitter and not managed by PR or anything. So it's not strange at all to not get a response. I'll be on the lookout though for anything!

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
I've been perusing the ole' Twitter for the last hour or so and numerous people over the last couple days have tweeted Phil about Banjo in Smash, but so far nothing has come in the way of a response. In fairness, the dude gets hundreds of tweets a day and as far as I can tell, it's actually his own personal Twitter and not managed by PR or anything. So it's not strange at all to not get a response. I'll be on the lookout though for anything!
Interesting. Maybe if were lucky something Banjo related can come out of the Xbox event in Mexico City. Nothing smash related, but maybe a new game or HD remake??

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
I looked through the last like, month of any tweet directed his way in regards to Smash or Banjo, and nothing from him.

And yeah, definitely anything Banjo-Kazooie related at any of the game conferences for the next few months will only be a good sign.

From what I can tell from the tweets, nothing has ever been said against him wanting them in Smash. I think we've all seen the two main tweets, the one in 2015 saying he'd be up for working with Nintendo for Smash DLC, and then the one earlier this year confirming he'd still allow them in Smash.

Of course this is just an unofficial tweet, but it's something to go on.

I'll add Twitter to my list of things to follow at work for possible updates, hah.

squirtgar

Smash Apprentice
Well when it comes to leaks verg. has been right so far, but going into the future I really hope he is wrong for DLC. It would be SOOOOOO cool if banjo would be announced at TGA and put a huge twist on Verg's leaks.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Yeah, I'll admit to being one of the few to tweet at Phil to see if he'll just deconfirm Banjo and spare us

I'm not gonna pester the man, but I figured it was at least worth a shot

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Well when it comes to leaks verg. has been right so far, but going into the future I really hope he is wrong for DLC. It would be SOOOOOO cool if banjo would be announced at TGA and put a huge twist on Verg's leaks.
Unless I missed something the last couple days, Verg has so far only said a SE rep, some kind of Minecraft content (that might not even be related to character DLC), and possibly hearing the Katalina DLC falling through. And some other leakers saying he might not have updated info. It still leaves basically every character minus the SE character, plenty of chances for us!

But I agree, something at the TGA would be great.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I looked through the last like, month of any tweet directed his way in regards to Smash or Banjo, and nothing from him.

And yeah, definitely anything Banjo-Kazooie related at any of the game conferences for the next few months will only be a good sign.

From what I can tell from the tweets, nothing has ever been said against him wanting them in Smash. I think we've all seen the two main tweets, the one in 2015 saying he'd be up for working with Nintendo for Smash DLC, and then the one earlier this year confirming he'd still allow them in Smash.

Of course this is just an unofficial tweet, but it's something to go on.

I'll add Twitter to my list of things to follow at work for possible updates, hah.
Not that it's that big of deal, But I'm pretty sure his latest tweet was his 3rd one, Back in 2015 was the 1st one, The there was a 2nd one I believe sometime in mid to late 2016 that a lot people can't recall or remember ,But for whatever reason you can't find it anymore as if it were erased or something. Just him saying the same thing again as the first tweet ,But in other words. I wish i can find it.

Top Bottom