• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Loz is leaking again, I don't believe him anymore at this point, but he says Vergeben was right about Minecraft representation, but he doesn't confirm its as a newcomer.

https://imgur.com/a/U5XfqOp

Edit: Before anyone says "Why would he be posting on the gaia online forums" - Its a place thats out of the spotlight of where your typical smash leaks would be, its a plausible cover and he said he'd make an account elsewhere to drop more information https://twitter.com/loz183/status/1030507097186807809
Yeah… I'm doubting that's him… I'm on a discord group where he is in as well, and he told us a day or two ago that he had nothing on Smash at the moment... but who knows

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Loz is leaking again, I don't believe him anymore at this point, but he says Vergeben was right about Minecraft representation, but he doesn't confirm its as a newcomer.

https://imgur.com/a/U5XfqOp

Edit: Before anyone says "Why would he be posting on the gaia online forums" - Its a place thats out of the spotlight of where your typical smash leaks would be, its a plausible cover and he said he'd make an account elsewhere to drop more information https://twitter.com/loz183/status/1030507097186807809
Somebody in the General Discussion said that Loz on their Discord said it wasn't them. While Loz lost all credibility from me since the last Direct, they're still one of two people with Smash rumors I keep tabs on. I don't want to follow their Discord to verify, though, so I'm just going to ignore Loz from here on out.

EDIT:
Is Minecraft big in Japan?
Minecraft is big with Sakurai, and that's even more relevant. I still think he's smart enough to know B&K have a better moveset potential as a fighter (unlike the disappointing opinions of some of the Source Gaming staff), but it does lend credence to there possibly being Minecraft/Microsoft content in Ultimate.

Last edited:

ProjectDream

Smash Apprentice
Somebody in the General Discussion said that Loz on his Discord said it wasn't them. While Loz lost all credibility from me since the last Direct, they're still one of two people with Smash rumors I keep tabs on. I don't want to follow their Discord to verify, though, so I'm just going to ignore Loz from here on out.
Regardless of its validity, Vergebens claims of Microsoft involvement still stands to be proven.

Scottfrankd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScottFrankD
Hugely popular Microsoft 3rd Party. Master Chief has 0 popularity in Japan, which is why i scratch my head when people think Master Chief would be Microsoft's pick over Banjo. I doubt Sakurai would even take Master Cheif even if that was all Microsoft was offering. Like Ridley as a Western fan favorite took so long to get into Smash, a rival Western companies character pick would have to have international appeal, so Steve and Banjo are both more likely and Microsoft only really has those 3 choices.
I mean, Master Chief would be huge as a third party, especially since he is exclusively Microsoft. But regardless of his relevancy and status in the gaming community, and how iconic it would be to have Master Chief in the game, he makes no sense when compared to Banjo and the legacy/history he has with Nintendo. I personally don't like Minecraft, I've nothing against people who do either, but something about its simplistic and blocky art style and bare bones character design just doesn't sit right with me as a character - yes, you could say we have G&W who is just a stick figure, but he isn't the amazing link between Nintendo and Microsoft in Smash - that link should be Banjo.

Like I said before, a Minecraft trophy, item, stage or assist trophy is fine by me - but no character, please

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I mean, Master Chief would be huge as a third party, especially since he is exclusively Microsoft. But regardless of his relevancy and status in the gaming community, and how iconic it would be to have Master Chief in the game, he makes no sense when compared to Banjo and the legacy/history he has with Nintendo. I personally don't like Minecraft, I've nothing against people who do either, but something about its simplistic and blocky art style and bare bones character design just doesn't sit right with me as a character - yes, you could say we have G&W who is just a stick figure, but he isn't the amazing link between Nintendo and Microsoft in Smash - that link should be Banjo.

Like I said before, a Minecraft trophy, item, stage or assist trophy is fine by me - but no character, please
Thankfully, I'm helped mentally by the fact that Chief and Steve had *no* presence as character requests in any prominent medium during the vital ballot period, especially compared to Banjo. Similarly to Geno, Banjo's requests dwarf characters from their respective companies by quite a lot. Though in Geno's case, at least Cloud had a presence. Banjo is MS' only prominent Smash request.

As much as I like Chief, he's only usually suggested by diehard fans or as a joke.

Scottfrankd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScottFrankD
Thankfully, I'm helped mentally by the fact that Chief and Steve had *no* presence as character requests in any prominent medium during the vital ballot period, especially compared to Banjo. Similarly to Geno, Banjo's requests dwarf characters from their respective companies by quite a lot. Though in Geno's case, at least Cloud had a presence. Banjo is MS' only prominent Smash request.

As much as I like Chief, he's only usually suggested by diehard fans or as a joke.
And luckily for Geno fans, I don't think his inclusion is that far from reality. The fact that a costume was put in Smash 4 for him increases his chances greatly, as well as the obvious outcry in the ballot to include him. I feel like Banjo wasn't far behind in terms of the ballot, and the fact that Microsoft have already acknowledged and agreed to Banjo being in the game only strengthens the possibility. There has been enough time between the ballot and the development of Ultimate for them to organise something realisable with Banjo, so I'm genuinely very hopeful about him being in - even moreso than Rex and Pyra/Mythra, who I would REALLY like to be in the base game, but hey, you never know.

Last edited:

Nauzgo

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I've never played a Banjo game by myself (besides Pilot lol) but I still support. Smash Ultimate isn't Ultimate without those two. They could create a cool reveal trailer where Duck Hunt gets his/their ass kicked by them.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Hey, I've never played a Banjo game by myself (besides Pilot lol) but I still support. Smash Ultimate isn't Ultimate without those two. They could create a cool reveal trailer where Duck Hunt gets his/their *** kicked by them.
I agree so much with that. And in terms of Duck Hunt, I had an idea in my dream trailer that I posted a while back that the end scene after the title could be Kazooie pooping out eggs, with Duck Hunt doing their laughing taunt.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
I noticed Source Gaming haven’t done a Rate that Character on the duo. Does the website have a weird bias against them or something? I mean, their own numbers support the duo’s big time popularity.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I noticed Source Gaming haven’t done a Rate that Character on the duo. Does the website have a weird bias against them or something? I mean, their own numbers support the duo’s big time popularity.
During my time there I never noticed anything like that at all.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I never finished the games as a kid so I'm working on a playthrough if the first one now.

I've wanted him in since melee and for the first time I think he has a real shot.

I think they are saving Dixie for his trailer too since they are same universe.

TerminatorLOL

Smash Journeyman
I never finished the games as a kid so I'm working on a playthrough if the first one now.

I've wanted him in since melee and for the first time I think he has a real shot.

I think they are saving Dixie for his trailer too since they are same universe.
What makes you think Banjo and Dixie are from the same universe?

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Donkey Kong Universe: Banjo-Kazooie is a Spinoff of the Donkey Kong Franchise, Diddy Kong Racing had Banjo and Conker debut in the same game ,A Gnawty from DKC appears in Banjo-Kazooie, One of Bottles kids plays with a DK plushie, Tiptup from DKR appears in Banjo-Tooie and Banjo-Kazooie Nuts & Bolts refrences Diddy Kong Racing, No surprise since their all Rareware creations.

Last edited:

Gemini-Gene

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fairlight92
Switch FC
SW 7459 3215 2216
Al
Donkey Kong Universe: Banjo is a Spinoff of the Donkey Kong Franchise, Diddy Kong Racing had Banjo and Conker debut in the same game ,A Gnawty from DKC appears in Banjo-Kazooie, One of Bottles kids plays with a DK plushie, Tiptup from DKR appears in Banjo-Tooie and Banjo-Kazooie Nuts & Bolts refrences Diddy Kong Racing, No surprise since their all Rareware creations.
Also the three musical instruments that were being played in Banjo Kazooie's intro are in Candy Kong's music shop in DK64.

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
I know they're a shared universe, but going with that wouldn't it have made more sense to put Dixie with K. Rool instead? Since they're from the same games?

I still think it's pretty likely Dixie is an Echo who will be revealed in one of Sakurai's "Here are 2 more Echo Fighters" segments. But I don't think she thematically fit with K. Rool's trailer, so they didn't lump them together like they did Simon and Richter.

Gemini-Gene

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fairlight92
Switch FC
SW 7459 3215 2216
I know they're a shared universe, but going with that wouldn't it have made more sense to put Dixie with K. Rool instead? Since they're from the same games?

I still think it's pretty likely Dixie is an Echo who will be revealed in one of Sakurai's "Here are 2 more Echo Fighters" segments. But I don't think she thematically fit with K. Rool's trailer, so they didn't lump them together like they did Simon and Richter.
I'm thinking if Dixie's a newcomer in Ultimate then Sakurai must be saving her for a reveal trailer right at the beginning or end, or she will be in an upcoming line up of more Echo Fighters. Due to all of the Echoes, excluding Richter, didn't debut in a special character trailer I do agree that showing off Dixie Kong with Dark Samus and Chrom before the direct ended with K Rool probably would've been more appropriate.

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
The comparison has been made, but if Dixie gets in as an Echo, then DK and Metroid will have perfectly mirrored each other in the entire Smash series.

1 rep in 64, no reps in Melee
1 rep in Brawl, no reps in Smash 4
2 reps (1 unique + 1 echo) in Ultimate

It would be perfect closure for the fans of DK and Metroid, who were until now the two most notably underrepresented series in the franchise.

But back to Banjo, how would people feel if he had Nuts & Bolts inspired moves? I'm not talking the whole moveset, but something as simple as one special involving the wrench. It's obviously not ideal as B-K and B-T have much better moves to draw from, but I'm wondering what people's opinion of that would be.

Talazar

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Talazar_Dashie
3DS FC
1461-6194-5821
The comparison has been made, but if Dixie gets in as an Echo, then DK and Metroid will have perfectly mirrored each other in the entire Smash series.

1 rep in 64, no reps in Melee
1 rep in Brawl, no reps in Smash 4
2 reps (1 unique + 1 echo) in Ultimate

It would be perfect closure for the fans of DK and Metroid, who were until now the two most notably underrepresented series in the franchise.

But back to Banjo, how would people feel if he had Nuts & Bolts inspired moves? I'm not talking the whole moveset, but something as simple as one special involving the wrench. It's obviously not ideal as B-K and B-T have much better moves to draw from, but I'm wondering what people's opinion of that would be.
The only thing I can see from N&B that could work is the wrench. It can possibly be used as a tether grab and/or as one of their aerials

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
What makes you think Banjo and Dixie are from the same universe?
The fact that Dixie is from the Donkey Kong universe and Diddy Kong and Banjo have interacted with one another.
Donkey Kong Universe: Banjo-Kazooie is a Spinoff of the Donkey Kong Franchise, Diddy Kong Racing had Banjo and Conker debut in the same game ,A Gnawty from DKC appears in Banjo-Kazooie, One of Bottles kids plays with a DK plushie, Tiptup from DKR appears in Banjo-Tooie and Banjo-Kazooie Nuts & Bolts refrences Diddy Kong Racing, No surprise since their all Rareware creations.
Tiptup is inside the tortise within the swap as well in the first game.

The whole idea of Kings trailer was that they we're adding another baddie.

Diddy Kong would be the main "veteran protag" of Banjos trailer and the fact Dixie is super close with Diddy specifically makes me feel she fits in there better.

As for Banjos splash text if it isn't "Banjo and Kazooie Complete the Puzzle" with him being the final character, I'll be slightly sad.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Um sakurai is ok with guns bayo has 4 guns that shoot actual bullets lol
Bayonetta has 4 guns that summon magic circles which, in turn, shoot bullets.
I don't think the no guns rule will truly be put to the test until people ask enough for the Metal Slug cast.

Diddy Kong would be the main "veteran protag" of Banjos trailer and the fact Dixie is super close with Diddy specifically makes me feel she fits in there better.

As for Banjos splash text if it isn't "Banjo and Kazooie Complete the Puzzle" with him being the final character, I'll be slightly sad.
If they all band together to fight Grunty, that'd be cool.

Last edited:

ryuu seika

Smash Master
The only thing I can see from N&B that could work is the wrench. It can possibly be used as a tether grab and/or as one of their aerials
From what I gather, that's 100% the case and it would only seem logical to include it, given how relatively inoffensive it is compared to anything else from that game and how easily pulling a wrench from the backpack to attack would fit into their style and just about any moveset they could have.

Likewise, it'd be pretty cool to see the overhead pack whack from Grunty's Revenge to make sure that all their non-racing games (is N&B a racing game? IDEK) get proper representation.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Count me in as an supporter.

I think Banjo is likely at this point. He was highly requested and up there in the ballot in the top 20 (Which Sakurai is basing the newcomers on since we got Chrom, Daisy, Dark Samus, King K. Rool and Ridley who were also up there) on top of Phil Spencer (Current CEO of Microsoft Games) giving his blessing to Nintendo to use them and the fact Nintendo and Microsoft are on good terms now willing to negotiate since we've seen some crossplay in some games between them. That and next year is the 20th anniversary for Banjo-Kazooie and what better way to celebrate then their long overdue inclusion in Smash?

Personally I can't see them making Base Roster but DLC (DLC wouldn't count on that trend) is surely a shoe-in at this point.

I'll be surprised if they don't make the cut.

Knowing Sakurai too. Considering how he likes to pull off surprises I can see Banjo-Kazooie being the last character revealed (Both Base and DLC) since they're the only ones I can think of topping King K. Rool and Ridley in terms of hype.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Why the hell do people treat leaks like this as if they're real? There's no evidence to support this. As much as I would love Klonoa and Scorpion, I'm not gonna use this thread as evidence of their inclusion
your avatar pic is the best representation of my reactions to such leaks lol

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
Um sakurai is ok with guns bayo has 4 guns that shoot actual bullets lol
Magic bullets ;)

Why the hell do people treat leaks like this as if they're real? There's no evidence to support this. As much as I would love Klonoa and Scorpion, I'm not gonna use this thread as evidence of their inclusion
Nothing real is getting leaked until around late October/early November

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord

I was half expecting a Dixie Kong echo fighter halfway through the direct, when they showed DK with the Banana gun, Would of made more sense to piggyback off the K.Rool reveal or as a setup for K.Rool.

Last edited:

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
I was half expecting a Dixie Kong echo fighter halfway through the direct, when they showed DK with the Banana gun, Would of made more sense to piggyback off the K.Rool reveal or as a setup for K.Rool.
Reminder Dark Samus was revealed 2 months after Ridley

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Reminder Dark Samus was revealed 2 months after Ridley
Your right, completely forgot about that. I guess in some cases it's better to unveil the biggest remaing newcomer of said franchise then a secondary character to avoid speculation and suspicion.

Last edited:

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
Is there not a rumor the next direct is September 12th?
Well they kind of need a direct this month anyway because we know barely anything about Nintendo Online so that's a safe bet. What I meant is that by late October/early November I guarantee you some retailers will break the street date and give out the game early and literally everything is going to get leaked.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Well they kind of need a direct this month anyway because we know barely anything about Nintendo Online so that's a safe bet. What I meant is that by late October/early November I guarantee you some retailers will break the street date and give out the game early and literally everything is going to get leaked.
Ah okay I gotcha then.

Top Bottom