• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

grizby2

Smash Lord
So what are y'all's thoughts on BK's design? I think it looks great, although Banjo looks a lot more big and muscular than I expected him to be. Not an issue at all, just an observation.
I like the render, although I think banjo could have a more defined smile, but its still a master piece!

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
With Ridley, K. Rool and Banjo-Kazooie being in after the naysayers for each of them said they would never be in Smash or won't be in it, I would have to say that some of those naysayers should learn by now that nothing is impossible, and that they should not pick on others who wanted/want any seemingly unlikely character in for reasons such as relevancy or such. I doubt all of them will have learned to do this, though, for some people never change.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
ITS HAPPENING!!!

Best way to present this moment

Frodo = banjo (and kazooie)

Sam = kazooie/King K. Rool/Ridley/any of the 3rd party characters/Sakurai (which ever you feel fits best)

Sauron = Minecraft Steve

Other heroes = us

Orcs = Minecraft Steve supporters

Last edited:

spoon98

Smash Rookie
I have been lurking on here since at least the Grinch leak and wanted him in since I played Rare replay when it launched wish i played it as a kid. If we are doing a thank you note throw in my name too please.

Last edited:

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Put me on the thank you list!

So, heres how I see the rest of the DLC schedule happening:

July: We get another video info dump like we did for Joker detailing Hero, and Hero drops shortly after

September: We get the traditional September Direct, they give us the details on Banjo and release him at the end of the month, and possibly Reveal 3 for a November release

November: Fighter 3 release

December: One more Game Awards reveal, and launch them in February

Feburary: Final fighter release

Polarthief

Smash Lord
If this letter thing isn't just a meme, I'd be more than happy to get my name in there (even though I didn't do anything >.>)

So what are y'all's thoughts on BK's design? I think it looks great, although Banjo looks a lot more big and muscular than I expected him to be. Not an issue at all, just an observation.
I love it. Unsure why some others (not on here AFAIK) are hating on it as much as the Link's Awakening art style (which I thought was fine). I've heard multiple people say they look awful, but like, they could have been based on Nuts & Bolts, and could you imagine the backlash for that? Like yeah B-K is in, but NO ONE would want the N&B design. I don't see what the problem is.

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
If there's some kind of thank-you note thing happening, I would like to definitely be on it. using my real name, Ryan Winter. Smash is consistently the only thing that elicits an extremely enthusiastic reaction from me, and the Banjo reveal has been the strongest reaction to date and I want all those responsible to know how happy I am.

EpicElliot

Smash Apprentice
I kind of want to buy a japanese copy of Diddy Kong Racing open up the game cart & put a Diddy Kong Amiibo NFC chip in it on one side & put a Banjo Kazooie Amiibo NFC chip on the other side, close it back up & mail it to Sakurai himself as a BIG thank you ! (Also plan to do this on an english cart for my self)

BUT I have NO idea how to get it to him or where I would have to mail it ? plus the banjo kazooie amiibo won't come out till next year anyway.

but I really would love to give him this custom Amiibo gift from the heart as a thank you from all the fans

if anyone has any ideas of how to do this let me know

D

Deleted member

Hey didn't Sabi mentioned Rare Replay coming to the Switch? Is that still a possibility? Not that expect to hear anything else from here obviously though.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Hey Fellas, i would like to show you all a sketch of my picture for Banjo & Kazooie making it into smash. the picture of course has a couple of xbox characters congratulating them(steve included).
20190611_171316.jpg

So far i included Conker,Cuphead & Mugman,Master Chief,and Steve with the Duo. Kazooie has been erase because i need to make her bigger and i'm going to add rash once i'm done tracing Conker and the Cup Brothers, If you have any thoughts on it so far then please leave a replay.

Oh and Quick Question is there a link to the letter? because i like to sign it.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Hey Fellas, i would like to show you all a sketch of my picture for Banjo & Kazooie making it into smash. the picture of course has a couple of xbox characters congratulating him(steve included).
View attachment 227526
So far i included Conker,Cuphead & Mugman,Master Chief,and Steve with the Duo. Kazooie has been erase because i need to make her bigger and i'm going to add rash once i'm done tracing Conker and the Cup Brothers, If you have any thoughts on it so far then please leave a replay.

Oh and Quick Question is there a link to the letter? because i like to sign it.
I say that is a very nice sketch. I like it.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Smash is consistently the only thing that elicits an extremely enthusiastic reaction from me, and the Banjo reveal has been the strongest reaction to date and I want all those responsible to know how happy I am.
For me personally, it's more than Smash. Yeah I play, but by no means am I elite or hardcore. The big reason why I want characters like B-K (#2 pick!) and Geno (my #1 pick) is to give them some level of renewed attention even outside the game. Smash is absolutely huge and reaches so many people, even non-gamers at times. I mean hell, look at the response to B-K's reveal. I've seen very little negativity towards the design (which I still think looks great), but I've yet to see anyone actually angry or upset about this, and just explosive positivity all around. They weren't a mixed/divisive character (like Sora or Steve, hell even DQ's Erdrick or "Hero" to some extent), it's just a great pick overall.

Plus, look at the merchandise that's been posted today. Fangamer's got shirts and pins for pre-order and plushies on the way. Exquisite Gaming teasing the B-K cable guy holder thing, etc. This is what I want for characters of both the past and present (and future too!). I'm so thrilled that B-K got to get that today (and I'm happy for the DQ fans, plus it means DQ games coming to the west that I will probably pick up and try). All of this can add up to ports/remakes/remasters, possibly even new games (obviously getting ahead of myself, not expecting anything, just saying it can happen). If Banjo-Threeie or a new B-K game ever does happen in the future, I'd guarantee you it wouldn't have happened if not for them getting in Smash. They were deader than hell. "All washed up" as Nuts & Bolts put it.

This is why I want my personal picks in Smash. Not only do I get to play as some of my favorite characters, but it brings more attention to a series. While I have yet to play these series, I probably wouldn't have even bothered with Kid Icarus, Bayonetta, Persona, and now Dragon Quest, but I actually want to try all of these series now, because of Smash.

Sorry for rambling a bit here, I'm just really stoked about today and I do hope everyone else who didn't care for B-K or DQ gets to feel what many of us have felt today, and here's hoping more of the hugely-requested picks gets in.

PS: For the record, I screamed so hard and cried my eyes out during the reveal. I still can't watch the trailer and not cry or have a big dumb grin. I haven't been this emotional in... I honestly don't remember how long.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Likely isn't gonna happen but hypothetical question.

Say that Banjo's reveal in Smash was just the icing on cake and that at the VGA in December its announced the first two games are being remastered and being ported to the Switch.

But not only that.

They also announce a sequel titled Banjo-Threeie (While retconning Nuts & Bolts which never happened) and Microsoft having given the franchises rights back to Nintendo.

How thrilled would you guys all be about this?

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I gotta say, I REALLY hope this means we can get Rare Replay on Switch.

Obviously Banjo has no correlation to other games being on the Switch (Hi Joker), but oh my god, after Cuphead and cross play, having Rare Replay on Switch has been a DREAM of mine. I would adore being able to relax with Viva Pinata and Nuts and Bolts again, and playing through the Banjo duologies again, and getting to play Conker for the first time... That would be amazing.

If not, Microsoft has me TEETERING on the edge of getting an Xbone anyway at this point.

Last edited:

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434

Say that Banjo's reveal in Smash was just the icing on cake and that at the VGA in December its announced the first two games are being remastered and being ported to the Switch.

But not only that.

They also announce a sequel titled Banjo-Threeie (While retconning Nuts & Bolts which never happened) and Microsoft having given the franchises rights back to Nintendo.

I would scream loud with joy.

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
Congladurations Banjo Bros. I hope you're all getting right jiggy with excitement here. I have to say, I've never played a Banjo game, so I don't have much nostalgia for the duo, but I wanted him in for you guys who've waited so long. That said, I know of the bird and bear's legacy well as one of the stage setters for a good 3D platformer and once practically a Mascot of Nintendo in all but ownership, and I know he could've would've should've been here since Melee, and I've seen about 75% of a BK playthrough years ago, so I know most all the moves and areas. All of this combined with a loving trailer that implies the boys are BACK! Back in the public conscious, back in the hearts and minds of Nintendo (And hopefully Microsoft), and of course back home with Donkey, Diddy, and K. Rool and Nintendo where they belong. All of this combined had me Nostalgic almost to tears seeing this duo finally reach Smash. The music is awesome and I love the stage, as well as all the old moves. Here's hoping these guys end up awesome. You all earned BK, and I can't wait to play them this fall.

Grawgh

Smash Rookie
NNID
Grawgh

But not only that.

Oh. This would be the dream and I'd probably explode due to hype.

Red Dead Redeemed

Smash Journeyman
Congladurations Banjo Bros. I hope you're all getting right jiggy with excitement here. I have to say, I've never played a Banjo game, so I don't have much nostalgia for the duo, but I wanted him in for you guys who've waited so long. That said, I know of the bird and bear's legacy well as one of the stage setters for a good 3D platformer and once practically a Mascot of Nintendo in all but ownership, and I know he could've would've should've been here since Melee, and I've seen about 75% of a BK playthrough years ago, so I know most all the moves and areas. All of this combined with a loving trailer that implies the boys are BACK! Back in the public conscious, back in the hearts and minds of Nintendo (And hopefully Microsoft), and of course back home with Donkey, Diddy, and K. Rool and Nintendo where they belong. All of this combined had me Nostalgic almost to tears seeing this duo finally reach Smash. The music is awesome and I love the stage, as well as all the old moves. Here's hoping these guys end up awesome. You all earned BK, and I can't wait to play them this fall.
Same my dude. My only experience with Banjo Kazooie was playing it for 15 minutes in a Best Buy as a kid once, but everything about the trailer really sold me on him from the visual styles, humor and music.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I was hoping you would return. Welcome back buddy.
Can't leave before I see how this all pans out...

But after that I think it's time for me to finally rest and watch the sun rise on a grateful universe.
Oi @ChronoBound, come here and give this lucky fella a warm hug. :drfacepalm:

I'm beyond happy for you N30N. History's been made today.
Many thanks! (though I'm not a fella)
Up until that Spencer tweet, I really did think this outcome an impossibility, enjoyed only by those in the timeline where Rare stuck around. Still processing the reality of it all. It's surreal seeing Microsoft's name in the credits of a first-party Nintendo crossover. Though I kinda wish Rare was credited too...

I just feel sorry for the poor ******** stuck in the timeline where Ninty and MS never started this little tryst of theirs. :p

grizby2

Smash Lord
ive been watching a bunch of reaction videos. simply amazing. I but haven't seen any from japan yet though, I really want t see if there was a difference between the Hero and Banjo trailers in terms of their reactions.

Folt

Smash Ace
I'd like to be added to that thank-you letter as well. Use my screen name; I'm uncomfortable using my real name on the 'net.

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
ive been watching a bunch of reaction videos. simply amazing. I but haven't seen any from japan yet though, I really want t see if there was a difference between the Hero and Banjo trailers in terms of their reactions.
They got me, a grown man to cry tears of joy. So many man tears were shed.

Top Bottom