• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
How on Earth did this thread go from 'Banjo's in!' to 'Look's like Banjo's chances are low' in only a few hours?

This 4chan post could be a reverse Vergeben: Verge's base Smash info was on point, but his other non Smash stuff was usually wrong.
Because no fanbase gives up hope like we do

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
I’d also like to point out that names of the starters are never really known until later. With Sun and Moon, the designs leaked in May, yet the names were nowhere in sight. Of course it’s possible that with Smash, those names would be known much earlier.

I still have the name “Entermaid” etched into my brain from the SuMo speculation cycle. Nobody knew those names.
Personally, I remember Robinroot and Bowanowl.

I think we ought to remember that leaking stuff about one game doesn't mean you know stuff about another. See DMCV leak for clarification.

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
Also, lol at the number of users and guests in this thread.
Banjo is blowing up rn. XP
I expect the Square rep to shock people, btw.
Can't wait for E3

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Remember that many were considered "insiders" back then. Reveals tend to show the true colors of those who have a bad source. Very few people have a truly solid track record.
Shinobi is one of them.
Indeed. If there's one person we should be paying attention to for leaks, it's Shinobi. He's the one insider/leaker with a truly spotless track record.

Let's see if he backpedels or doubles down. Though if he says nothing further then I still would put money on him as opposed to anyone else right now.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Yea, I can see that. I felt like that for Ridley and K Rool.

But its definitely not just this thread. Seems like its common in Smash speculation to have several pieces of evidence point to a playable character, then one vague thing comes out that challenges it, and immediately people throw out all the previous evidence and give up, fully believing that their character is not happening.

Then that vague counter is proven to be wrong, people go back to being happy that their character is in, only for an even vaguer leak to come out and make them give up.
Most of our "evidence" is shaky and inconsequential though, coming from certain leakers (I'm still confused as **** as to how we so readily opened up arms for Shinobi in a way I don't think I've genuinely seen in a while. Credibility or not, we kicked into overdrive entirely too quickly on that point and we shouldn't do that with any leaker, but hey bias is a hell of a drug) or hearsay from this individual or not. Several pieces of evidence usually amounts to not much with regards to Smash. The only real evidence we have is that Microsoft and Nintendo are playing nicely with one another (Cuphead) and Banjo has had a few signs of merchandise popping up the past few weeks (There's no way to possibly conclude where that leads, or even if it leads anywhere until we see more).

So yeah, with our flimsy pieces of "evidence" given how little the Smash community actually has to work with, I'm not in the least bit surprised with the quick turnarounds on a character's chances. Those same vague leakers have given this thread an enormous confidence multiple times in the past couple of months too. If we had something more substantial than a few posts and "supposed information," but our ultimately lacking evidence means that it's near impossible to actually create any foundation to our beliefs of a character being in, and the past hasn't always been super kind to big name fan bases anyway, so yeah. I think it makes complete sense.

ze9

Smash Ace
Let's do a brief recap.
The pokemon leak was pretty weird in how it presented its informations, and it was destroyed by Sabi, who revelead that the legendary's names were already circulating.
The edelgard leak had a lot of information on other games too (like 3 houses), but it was just regurgitating older rumors (the 3 houses rumor about the timeskip has been circulating for a while, of this I'm sure).
Vergie is silent.
Shinobi is silent, and he'll 100% stay silent until E3. Other rumors are pointing to Banjo, but this one is the big one.

I think we can be carefully optimistic. A good mindset to have.
The low-key best part about Banjo being in is that all the "leaks" and rumors that have been annoying us for the last 6 months would get BTFO'd. It feels like the hype and the discussions have been conducted on rails until now. That's boring. Let us dream.
Lastly, I think that we should not put any stock in rumors that claim to know all the 4 remaining characters. Not until september or october, at least

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
Let's do a brief recap.
The pokemon leak was pretty weird in how it presented its informations, and it was destroyed by Sabi, who revelead that the legendary's names were already circulating.
The edelgard leak had a lot of information on other games too (like 3 houses), but it was just regurgitating older rumors (the 3 houses rumor about the timeskip has been circulating for a while, of this I'm sure).
Vergie is silent.
Shinobi is silent, and he'll 100% stay silent until E3. Other rumors are pointing to Banjo, but this one is the big one.

The low-key best part about Banjo being in is that all the "leaks" and rumors that have been annoying us for the last 6 months would get BTFO'd. It feels like the hype and the discussions have been conducted on rails until now. That's boring. Let us dream.
Lastly, I think that we should not put any stock in rumors that claim to know all the 4 remaining characters. Not until september or october, at least
I will not be surprised if people start photoshopping posts and editing them to pass them off as legit just to pour water on the Banjo brigade's bonfire. We are in the final stretch and just like **** Dastardly, people will use any low down, dirty scheme to cheat a win.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
There will be plenty of "leakers" popping up now that we're in the Endgame. My advice would be to not give any "leaks" attention unless they come from someone like Sabi, Shinobi, or Papa. LETS BRING BANJO HOME

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Let's do a brief recap.
Vergie is silent.

I mean, discussion has largely just shifted rails to Banjo as a choice. It's just what happens when characters are "leaked" and will always happen. Call it boring all you want, but any character support will be the same way if their character looks like it's happening for six months. That's just how we as a fan base operate.

I will not be surprised if people start photoshopping posts and editing them to pass them off as legit just to pour water on the Banjo brigade's bonfire. We are in the final stretch and just like **** Dastardly, people will use any low down, dirty scheme to cheat a win.
You sound awfully paranoid there about something you probably shouldn't care too much about. There's no "cheating a win" here, just a handful of ****posters making ****posts per usual and if Banjo Kazooie get in next week, it's just a win. It doesn't matter what happens in the next week or how much stuff gets thrown at the fan base, all that matters is E3 and I don't know why we're continuing to push the issue.

I get people are annoyed and frustrated with the hype cycle and specifically Steve and Erdrick, but I really don't like the tonal shift of superiority and a sense of hard fought victory against a battle that never even was here to begin with and just existed in some specific corners of the internet that people seem to have taken so personally when those people weren't even worth the mention in the first place...

We can be plenty hype about Banjo Kazooie without having to worry about other characters or drag other characters through the mud.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Most of our "evidence" is shaky and inconsequential though, coming from certain leakers (I'm still confused as **** as to how we so readily opened up arms for Shinobi in a way I don't think I've genuinely seen in a while. Credibility or not, we kicked into overdrive entirely too quickly on that point and we shouldn't do that with any leaker, but hey bias is a hell of a drug) or hearsay from this individual or not. Several pieces of evidence usually amounts to not much with regards to Smash. The only real evidence we have is that Microsoft and Nintendo are playing nicely with one another (Cuphead) and Banjo has had a few signs of merchandise popping up the past few weeks (There's no way to possibly conclude where that leads, or even if it leads anywhere until we see more).

So yeah, with our flimsy pieces of "evidence" given how little the Smash community actually has to work with, I'm not in the least bit surprised with the quick turnarounds on a character's chances. Those same vague leakers have given this thread an enormous confidence multiple times in the past couple of months too. If we had something more substantial than a few posts and "supposed information," but our ultimately lacking evidence means that it's near impossible to actually create any foundation to our beliefs of a character being in, and the past hasn't always been super kind to big name fan bases anyway, so yeah. I think it makes complete sense.
Does it bring you some form of gratification to be a contrarian buzzkill at every single opportunity presented to you?

StormC

Smash Hero
This is literally a repeat of the “no new DK rep” snafu before 8/8.

I trust a ResetERA admin more than a random 4chan poster piggybacking off of other leaks.

TheHeartbreakKid

Smash Journeyman
That still means that Microsoft, SE, and Atlus were being talked to during this time frame even if plans were changed and Erdrick was supposed to be first. It still seems strange how Joker was under lock and key when there were so many loose lips with Banjo and Erdrick. I guess we know now that Atlus is much better at keeping secrets then both Microsoft and SE.
IIRC. Joker WAS leaked by a few people before he was announced. Those leaks never gained traction though for the same reason the legit Piranha Plant leak was disregarded: it was extremely hard to believe.

Uh guys...Source Nintendo predicted Sword & Shield release November 15th...and uh, the games release November 15th... That someone got one right...
Not sure if this has been brought up yet (I’m currently working through the past 7 pages of updates lol), but Source Nintendo is full of ****. Peep these since-deleted tweets from Monday:

Attachments

D

Deleted member

I trust a ResetERA admin more than a random 4chan poster piggybacking off of other leaks.
Sorry to sound like a broken record, but this screams "Jonneh teases Ridley and Simon in Smash" all over again to me. and him shouting out Shinobi makes me wonder.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Does it bring you some form of gratification to be a contrarian buzzkill at every single opportunity presented to you?
I never even said anything that contrarian. I’m mostly convinced of Banjo Kazooie in Smash right now despite my heart’s unwillingness to believe it. But I was specifically highlighting that we lack physical evidence to see that Banjo is in right now, and people tend to have a more solid foundation to their beliefs and hype when there is physical evidence over unconfirmed words and “leaks.”

It was a commentary on the greater Smash community, not in the less bit leveled at Banjo or the current hype (though I do think we’ve perhaps hit the gas a little too hard and whatever our destination is, we’re absolutely plowing into it at Mach 5).

dlewis53

Smash Lord
PHEW! I FINALLY reached the end of the thread!

Okay, now that I've done that, my two cents on the whole 4chan "leak":

It's 4chan. You'd think people would learn to take anything they say with an EXTREME grain of salt, but I guess I was wrong.

Frankly, between that and this Shinobi guy, I'm honestly more willing to buy into his and Sabi's claims rather than some random leak.

Also, regarding that second "leak" that supposedly featured the name and description of Grookey's final evolution...that could easily just be a coincidence. Also, I want clarification on something: did the same person who mentioned said evolution say anything about them being in Smash, or was that someone else entirely? Because if it's the latter, then I feel like that's a pretty big stretch.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace

Yup.

It again needs to be said that Shinobi has a perfect track record with leaks, and even used the "smashing good time" phrase when he hinted at Ultimate before it was revealed. He's far more credible than random 4Chan trolls.

Let's also not forget that it was the insiders who were the ones fighting against the Grinch leak, which was something that everybody thought was real until it was proven false. At least the Grinch leak was more credible than random 4Chan text leaks.

RETROROTER

Smash Journeyman
PHEW! I FINALLY reached the end of the thread!

Okay, now that I've done that, my two cents on the whole 4chan "leak":

It's 4chan. You'd think people would learn to take anything they say with an EXTREME grain of salt, but I guess I was wrong.

Frankly, between that and this Shinobi guy, I'm honestly more willing to buy into his and Sabi's claims rather than some random leak.

Also, regarding that second "leak" that supposedly featured the name and description of Grookey's final evolution...that could easily just be a coincidence. Also, I want clarification on something: did the same person who mentioned said evolution say anything about them being in Smash, or was that someone else entirely? Because if it's the latter, then I feel like that's a pretty big stretch.
What Leak?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I have a feeling that most insiders may not know any DLC characters, or if they do, they don't want to say anything incase of another Grinch Leak fiasco, with Shinobi being the only one willing to tease what he knows.

Anyway, we're so close to B-K in Smash; I can almost taste it. *licks jiggy-shaped icecream*

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Banjo and a Dragon Quest rep getting revealed at E3 would make me even happier than I am today.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Didn't know they could send invitations to cars.
The way they worded this is weird, they say they invited "something" new to E3 this year. Could literally mean anything, might be Nintendo.
They invited a literal banjo.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Good luck with Banjo at e3 y'all :)

Remember to temper and enjoy the reveals. ;)

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Does anyone have a link to the original post with this edelgard/baboom thing, all I can find is a list of smash characters (edelgard, erdrik, phoenix wright, kasumi, and baboom) and people saying it may have been getting some pokemon, fe three houses, & persona 5 things right and that the dates (which we knew or had a decent general idea of for a while anyway) made sense for promotional reasons.

Regardless would not give it credit over the shinobi thing for the same reasons others have pointed especially considering all the games have had a lot of leaks and rumors for a while to piggyback off of. I am just curious.

Last edited:

RETROROTER

Smash Journeyman
Banjo Bros! It’s Ok! That leak is fake I just saw it and on Sabi’ Twitter! Apparently it was just a piggyback of another leak that ONLY leaked the Pokémon stuff and then just added the Smash stuff and Retro’s IP to fool us!

D

Deleted member

Good luck with Banjo at e3 y'all :)

Remember to temper and enjoy the reveals. ;)
I am always prepared for dissapointments (and I blame my recent status regarding life in general).

But I do have hopes and wish for the best.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheHeartbreakKid

Smash Journeyman
To quickly recap:

The Doomguy/No Banjo leak got BTFO by Sabi

The Edelgard leak claimed there’d be no new modes other than HRC, which has already been proven false.

We’re in no worse shape than we were yesterday

And yes RETROROTER that info was mentioned a page or so ago

Last edited:

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
He's being a realist. Something we all need right now, honestly. I'm also surprised how quickly people are so sure Banjo & Kazooie are in this time. We haven't any reason to celebrate until we see them in an official Super Smash Bros. Ultimate trailer by Sakurai and Nintendo and Microsoft themselves.

Top Bottom