• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Man, it is a shame some people try to tear us Banjo fans apart with fake leaks such as that 4Chan one, huh?

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Also any of these E3 leaks that dont have any new games listed at all scream fake to me. "Yeah were going to just see ganes we all know about and then maybe a port or two from the last generation trust me im legit thwomp is in btw"

D

Deleted member

Ultimate Alliance 3 is such a lock for E3 in my eyes that I honestly skip on any leak without it.

Mostly since the game releases on July and thus it will likely get a mention at worst.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Any leak about Nintendo's E3 without Ultimate Alliance 3 is highly likely to be fake, imo.
Forgive me, but I was talking about the one with Doomguy instead of Banjo. Which leak were you talking about that did not have Ultimate Alliance 3?

ze9

Smash Ace
Retro Studios is totally gonna show their new game, guys.
Huh? You're asking me how it's called? Weeell... I can't tell you about it right now.
BTW Banjo won't be in Smash

D

Deleted member

Forgive me, but I was talking about the one with Doomguy instead of Banjo. Which leak were you talking about that did not have Ultimate Alliance 3?
Most of the fake leaks people share, if I am honest.

All these leaks about Nintendo's full E3 lineup just feel off without UA3.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Most of the fake leaks people share, if I am honest.

All these leaks about Nintendo's full E3 lineup just feel off without UA3.
No kidding! Come to think of it, seems they only include stuff they care about, and those fake leakers don't seem to care about games like Ultimate Alliance 3 enough to include them in their fake leaks for some reason.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
It wouldn't surprise me if retro's new game is still missing in action of E3. Like Bayonetta 3 I'm pretty sure it's just a myth.

D

Deleted member

No kidding! Come to think of it, seems they only include stuff they care about, and those fake leakers don't seem to care about games like Ultimate Alliance 3 enough to include them in their fake leaks for some reason.
Basically.

And I do trust VR Plant since he has a great track record and isn't leaking the full line up yet.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Retro Studios is totally gonna show their new game, guys.
Huh? You're asking me how it's called? Weeell... I can't tell you about it right now.
BTW Banjo won't be in Smash
Well I suppose I won't find any other use for this but hey, just for fun.

Ctoan

Smash Apprentice
So I came to this thread somewhat hopeful, but still very cynical about it happening.

Now things are getting rather interesting. It hasn't been this intense since the "Grinch Leak". Unlike that however, many of the same people who were right about the Grinch leak being fake are seemingly supporting this. Including the admin of a site that bans fake leakers.

I'm trying not to get anxious and hopeful, but it's getting hard man. The bear and bird duo of my childhood may indeed be returning.

Last edited:

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
You know, if Banjo gets in, he reunites with not only the N64 cast (Diddy Kong in particular), but also Ken (from the rumor that everybody and their grandparents knew about).

D

Deleted member

Dig that you're representing the Juggernaut, man! One of my all-time favorite comic book supervillains.
The memes of the Juggernaut inspired me to do so.

But yeah, I'm happy that he is in UA3 at least as a boss.

ze9

Smash Ace
You know, if Banjo gets in, he reunites with not only the N64 cast (Diddy Kong in particular), but also Ken (from the rumor that everybody and their grandparents knew about).
And with Sonic, too.

D

Deleted member

I am above all of u.

Also, Banjo Kazooie is within our reach! For all that is good please let it happen! I will literally cry of happiness!
Today I got happy with Sword & Shield turning up to be the fusion of DQ8 with Godzilla I always dreamt with. The reveal of the Battle For Bikini Bottom remake alongside the arrival of a comic I ordered finally coming to the store and the fact I'm watching Endgame tonight have also made this day perfect.

I really needed some happyness such as this in my life again after having days full of nightmares, anxiety, drama and depression.

If at E3 they showcased both Banjo and a DQ rep for Smash alongside the F4 and Samus in UA3 and a new 2D Metroid coming with a Switch port of Prime Trilogy... I would be even happier.

Hopefully all of those things happen and all of this is finally the return of my joy with life.

Last edited by a moderator:

Akg0001

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Akin01
Today I got happy with Sword & Shield turning up to be the fusion of DQ8 with Godzilla I always dreamt with. The reveal of the Battle For Bikini Bottom remake alongside the arrival of a comic I ordered finally coming to the store and the fact I'm watching Endgame tonight have also made this day perfect.

I really needed some happyness such as this in my life again after having days full of nightmares, anxiety, drama and depression.

If at E3 they showcased both Banjo and a DQ rep for Smash alongside the F4 and Samus in UA3 and a new 2D Metroid coming with a Switch port of Prime Trilogy... I would be even happier.

Hopefully all of those things happen and all of this is finally the return of my joy with life.
You speak right from my soul. Hopefully our dreams come true. If not, dont lose hope that life will get better. And dont forget: you are not alone.

D

Deleted member

You speak right from my soul. Hopefully our dreams come true. If not, dont lose hope that life will get better. And dont forget: you are not alone.
Thanks Akg.

And thankfully it seems that things are going to get better.

MaddaD

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
Hmmmm. And what do you mean by that.
I'm actually a pro leaker myself. Due to every leak being proven false, I think now's the perfect time to give you all a leak that's real.

2 new Smash DLC characters will be shown at the Direct:
Jill from Drill Dozer and Kameo
New Modes: Break the Homerun and Target Derby
Direct will end with 2 Smash announcements. The first is the reveal of Galar Gang as an echo fighter of Pokemon Trainer
Second is a spinoff Series: Project S. Emphasis is on bringing characters from series outside of Smash and being a platform for all characters from all games to be fighters. Little is known.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Also, honestly, I don't want Nintendo to spend too much time on Smash related stuff in their actual E3 presentation and I don't know how I'd feel about them also presenting Smash as both the opener and the closer (assuming two characters are revealed and not just one). I just feel we've had a little too much Smash related stuff over the past year and it'd be nice for them to focus more so on their other titles. Unless we're talking Witcher 3 level DLC expansions to a game, I'd rather them not be considered the main showstoppers no matter how much Banjo Kazooie may deserve that title for getting into Smash (again, assuming he's the reveal).

D

Deleted member

Also, honestly, I don't want Nintendo to spend too much time on Smash related stuff in their actual E3 presentation and I don't know how I'd feel about them also presenting Smash as both the opener and the closer (assuming two characters are revealed and not just one). I just feel we've had a little too much Smash related stuff over the past year and it'd be nice for them to focus more so on their other titles. Unless we're talking Witcher 3 level DLC expansions to a game, I'd rather them not be considered the main showstoppers no matter how much Banjo Kazooie may deserve that title for getting into Smash (again, assuming he's the reveal).
I think that a Smash trailer at the start and another on the end seems likely.

The former could be for a potential Dragon Quest rep and the latter for Banjo to create similar reactions to the ones K.Rool had.

StormC

Smash Hero
I could see the Smash tournament opening with “before we begin, we have a special presentation prepared by Masahiro Sakurai.” Then a 5-7 minute video with the fighter trailer, gameplay breakdown, stage showcase, and release date.

I just don’t know how they’d fit a reveal into the Direct because they have a lot to cover (not even counting things like Mii costumes).

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Yup.

It again needs to be said that Shinobi has a perfect track record with leaks, and even used the "smashing good time" phrase when he hinted at Ultimate before it was revealed. He's far more credible than random 4Chan trolls.

Let's also not forget that it was the insiders who were the ones fighting against the Grinch leak, which was something that everybody thought was real until it was proven false. At least the Grinch leak was more credible than random 4Chan text leaks.
Here's the thing too: we can't dismiss Shinobi with Banjo despite their great track record while believing Tansut with Erdrick and his great track record (and vice versa).

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Here's the thing too: we can't dismiss Shinobi with Banjo despite their great track record while believing Tansut with Erdrick and his great track record (and vice versa).
I think the difference is Tansuit only has a track record of Cloud. Sure its still 100% but that still doesn't compare to someone who has leaked a bunch of correct stuff and has a 90%+ success rate. You really have to compare their percentage to how often they do it.

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I think that a Smash trailer at the start and another on the end seems likely.

The former could be for a potential Dragon Quest rep and the latter for Banjo to create similar reactions to the ones K.Rool had.
I mean it makes sense, I just think Nintendo needs to really hammer home they have more than Smash this year because if you weren't a fan of Smash last year... Well things were a little rough. Last year essentially had three Directs for Smash (The E3 presentation last year was a tad bit disappointing outside of Smash and finally seeing Fire Emblem Three Houses tbh). I'm ready to move more towards what else Nintendo has to offer, and placing Banjo Kazooie in Smash or even Banjo with some ports as the showstopper doesn't quite get that message across as hype as it would be. I really think Animal Crossing or something else of equally unrelated to Smash, but hype IP wise should be their finisher.

RETROROTER

Smash Journeyman
To quickly recap:

The Doomguy/No Banjo leak got BTFO by Sabi

The Edelgard leak claimed there’d be no new modes other than HRC, which has already been proven false.

We’re in no worse shape than we were yesterday

And yes RETROROTER that info was mentioned a page or so ago
Lol sorry! I thought I was the first my bad!

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
I think the difference is Tansuit only has a track record of Cloud. Sure its still 100% but that still doesn't compare to someone who has leaked a bunch of correct stuff and has a 90%+ success rate. You really have to compare their percentage to how often they do it.
This.

Shinobi has been correctly leaking things for years while Tansut only has one correct leak to their name and is banking on that. You really can't compare the two.

D

Deleted member

I mean it makes sense, I just think Nintendo needs to really hammer home they have more than Smash this year because if you weren't a fan of Smash last year... Well things were a little rough. Last year essentially had three Directs for Smash (The E3 presentation last year was a tad bit disappointing outside of Smash and finally seeing Fire Emblem Three Houses tbh). I'm ready to move more towards what else Nintendo has to offer, and placing Banjo Kazooie in Smash or even Banjo with some ports as the showstopper doesn't quite get that message across as hype as it would be. I really think Animal Crossing or something else of equally unrelated to Smash, but hype IP wise should be their finisher.
I think that they have enough stuff for E3 between Animal Crossing, UA3, some potential surprises, DQXIS, Town and more.

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
I can't believe you guys bought the "Baboom" leak for even a minute. It's disheartening to see that so few of you played Tropical Freeze!

Catching up on the thread has been a ride, as always. I'm still putting my faith in Sabi and Shinobi. And thanks to whoever it was that reminded me of the Duck Hunt and Mii Swordfighter glitch, which very strongly hints at Banjo and Erdrick. This could be legit, or it could be another "There are Kritters in Smash Run, ergo King K. Rool is in Smash 4!" situation. Personally, I'm still feeling the former.

What is this rumor of which you speak?

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
It would be pretty cool if Retro's game was Banjo-Kazooie. Them making Donkey Kong and Banjo-Kazooie! What a thought.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
I can't believe you guys bought the "Baboom" leak for even a minute. It's disheartening to see that so few of you played Tropical Freeze!

Had to laugh for a few seconds. New insider leak of Grookey's evolution.

What is this rumor of which you speak?
The Grinch Leak

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
However, both can be 100% right. It seems Shinobi has a Sony/Microsoft connection while Tansuit has a Square Enix one, which would make sense as to why they leaked the characters they leaked. Both could be leaking characters for the same event and we wouldnt even know. This is why i wouldnt be shocked If both Erdrick and Banjo are our next 2 fighters.

Last edited:

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
It would be pretty cool if Retro's game was Banjo-Kazooie. Them making Donkey Kong and Banjo-Kazooie! What a thought.
I've had that exact same thought. They must've been doing something between Tropical Freeze and now, and maybe they only got handed Metroid Prime 4 because Banjo-Threeie was close to completion! D-Dare I dream?

Top Bottom