• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
As for LeakyPandy (I saw posts about them earlier), yes their track record is horrible. The only thing they've gotten right is some Travis Touchdown stuff, and not much. A reveal could happen after the tournament or something on Sunday (I think it's happened before?), but I don't know.

Firox

Smash Master
Calling it now. E3 we're gonna get Banjo and a gen 8 pokemon (my money's on the grass monkey starter's final evolution). It's just my gut talking, but just you wait and see.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
I'm going to say this.

I trust a credible insider who has an excellent track record as opposed to random 4Chan trolls who have no record to speak of.

Remember that everyone except the insiders thought the Grinch leak was real. They were fighting tooth and nail against it despite the abuse they received because of it. If there's anyone we should believe, it's the insiders. Not random and anonymous 4Chan trolls.

T2by4

Smash Lord
As for LeakyPandy (I saw posts about them earlier), yes their track record is horrible. The only thing they've gotten right is some Travis Touchdown stuff, and not much. A reveal could happen after the tournament or something on Sunday (I think it's happened before?), but I don't know.
Man, if somehow banjo doesn't get in, which I hope he does get in, leakypandy might as well just leave the internet for good. There's no recovering from this, especially since they went all in.

Last edited:

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Man, if somehow banjo doesn't get in, which I hope he does, leakypandy might as well just leave the internet for good. There's no recovering from this, especially since they went all in.
Yup, and it's the same with Verge and his Minecraft content. If we don't get any of that, then I don't see how people can take him seriously as a leaker for the DLC.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
One of the funny things is how I realized how much Battle for Bikini Bottom is like Banjo-Kazooie. Many worlds, collecting 10 golden spatulas in each world, as well as tons of other collectables, learning many moves in each world so that by the end you're incredibly overpowered.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
One of the funny things is how I realized how much Battle for Bikini Bottom is like Banjo-Kazooie. Many worlds, collecting 10 golden spatulas in each world, as well as tons of other collectables, learning many moves in each world so that by the end you're incredibly overpowered.
But Rare told us we didn't need anymore platforming collect-a-tons????

Last edited:

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
GUYS.

I come bearing (heh) potentially good news!

So, I was searching for “Baboom Smash Leak” when THIS showed up:

https://www.deviantart.com/slickedbackartisan/art/Speculative-Grookey-Evolution-Baboom-789799059

It’s a fan concept for Grookey’s final evolution, dubbed “Baboom”. It was posted on March 17th, 2019. This could mean one of a few things:

1. Smash leak was made by the same DeviantArt user
2. Smash leak is real, complete coincidence
3. This name was hypothetical and the name was a guess (both Smash and DeviantArt)

I think 3 is likely considering everything, and this proves that the concept of final evolution names were out there not even a month after the game was revealed. This could all mean nothing, but it’s proof that getting a name right could be guesswork. I’d be even more cautious about this Smash rumor now that we know there’s precedent for the name Baboom. Seems like it’s not too difficult to come up with.

Last edited:

Brothanigus

Smash Apprentice
So, has anyone given the hype breaks a gentle tap to see if they're still working? No?

checks breaks, sees pedal go all the way to the floor with no visible decrease in speed

Huh... We're going somewhere awfully fast Banjo fans!
Or, you know: A drum-playing gorilla is a REALLY easy guess given we've known for ages Grookey is based on a drummer?
It's actually based on a Japanese Deity. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raijin

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
GUYS.

https://www.deviantart.com/slickedbackartisan/art/Speculative-Grookey-Evolution-Baboom-789799059

It’s a fan concept for Grookey’s final evolution, dubbed “Baboom”. It was posted on March 17th, 2019. This could mean one of a few things:

3. This name was hypothetical and the name was a guess (both Smash and DeviantArt)

I think 3 is likely considering everything, and this proves that the concept of final evolution names were out there not even a month after the game was revealed. This could all mean nothing, but it’s proof that getting a name right could be guesswork.
Isn't this the same guy who made all those fake final evolutions for sun and moon?

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
GUYS.

I think 3 is likely considering everything, and this proves that the concept of final evolution names were out there not even a month after the game was revealed. This could all mean nothing, but it’s proof that getting a name right could be guesswork. I’d be even more cautious about this Smash rumor now that we know there’s precedent for the name Baboom. Seems like it’s not too difficult to come up with.
Good find!

Definitely a knock against the Pokemon 4Chan leaks, not that they were credible to begin with.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
GUYS.

Wait i thought the baboom leak said banjo wasn't in smash?
Aside from that cool design. It fits the name better considering it's a play on the word baboon.

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
Ey guys, long time no see. Looks like the party is firing up, I can't miss it if Banjo-Kazooie are involved.
So, this Seribi guy has a clean tracklist ? And talking about that, don't believe a **** about Leakypandy, I know where they hide and they got nothing.
I don't want to get hyped about that but seems we'll get something about bear and bird at E3, but I'm not putting my money in Smash by now.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Don't look now, but #SuperSmashBros just got an icon on Twitter, which they usually only do to promote something. E3 truly is upon us.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Ey guys, long time no see. Looks like the party is firing up, I can't miss it if Banjo-Kazooie are involved.
So, this Seribi guy has a clean tracklist ? And talking about that, don't believe a **** about Leakypandy, I know where they hide and they got nothing.
I don't want to get hyped about that but seems we'll get something about bear and bird at E3, but I'm not putting my money in Smash by now.
Shinobi?

He leaked Smash ahead of the March direct last year with the same "Smashing good time" phrase. He's consistent and credible.

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
Wait i thought the baboom leak said banjo wasn't in smash?
Aside from that cool design. It fits the name better considering it's a play on the word baboon.
Right. The leak doesn’t have Banjo Kazooie. If you’re referring to my “bearing” comment, that was just a joke since we’re in the Banjo thread, otherwise, if you’re thinking I said something about the leak saying Banjo is in, I don’t see anything in that post. Sorry if there was any confusion!

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
Shinobi?

He leaked Smash ahead of the March direct last year with the same "Smashing good time" phrase. He's consistent and credible.
Yeah, Shinobi, sorry.
I saw some of his real leaks but I was wondering if he could have some fails, like Verge.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
How on Earth did this thread go from 'Banjo's in!' to 'Look's like Banjo's chances are low' in only a few hours?

This 4chan post could be a reverse Vergeben: Verge's base Smash info was on point, but his other non Smash stuff was usually wrong.

Last edited:

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
I could only think this when I saw that shield legendary pokemon.

TemporalShrew

Smash Journeyman
How on Earth did this thread go from 'Banjo's in!' to 'Look's like Banjo's chances are low' in only a few hours?

This 4chan post could be a reverse Vergeben: Verge's base Smash info was on point, but his other non Smash stuff was usually wrong.
After so many years of Banjo being a no-show, I'm pretty sure everyone here has PTSD and is absolutely terrified to let themselves believe he has a very real chance now.

Ctoan

Smash Apprentice
When I first heard of the "Banjo Shinobi" leak, I thought that meant a character from Sega's Shinobi series was also leaked. Have to admit, that would've been cool lol.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I was re-reading the Isaac thread pre-, during, and post- November Smash Direct, and if the reaction to Isaac being trophy'd again is any indication, this thread is going to explode, destroying the entirety of SmashBoards in the process if Banjo is MIA.
Here's a preview of what will likely happen to Smashboards if Banjo isn't announced: (and also, if Banjo IS announced)

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
After so many years of Banjo being a no-show, I'm pretty sure everyone here has PTSD and is absolutely terrified to let themselves believe he has a very real chance now.
Yea, I can see that. I felt like that for Ridley and K Rool.

But its definitely not just this thread. Seems like its common in Smash speculation to have several pieces of evidence point to a playable character, then one vague thing comes out that challenges it, and immediately people throw out all the previous evidence and give up, fully believing that their character is not happening.

Then that vague counter is proven to be wrong, people go back to being happy that their character is in, only for an even vaguer leak to come out and make them give up.

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
I’d also like to point out that names of the starters are never really known until later. With Sun and Moon, the designs leaked in May, yet the names were nowhere in sight. Of course it’s possible that with Smash, those names would be known much earlier.

I still have the name “Entermaid” etched into my brain from the SuMo speculation cycle. Nobody knew those names.

Last edited:

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
I'm going to say this.

I trust a credible insider who has an excellent track record as opposed to random 4Chan trolls who have no record to speak of.

Remember that everyone except the insiders thought the Grinch leak was real. They were fighting tooth and nail against it despite the abuse they received because of it. If there's anyone we should believe, it's the insiders. Not random and anonymous 4Chan trolls.
Remember that many were considered "insiders" back then. Reveals tend to show the true colors of those who have a bad source. Very few people have a truly solid track record.
Shinobi is one of them.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace

We've literally had so little promise or hope for Banjo & Kazooie for YEARS due to Microsoft buying out Rare and not doing anything with the franchise outside of a minor cameo here or there. They were deemed impossible despite their important history with Nintendo and when the Fighter Ballot first came out was when people started raising their eyebrows at the prospect of them making it in and making something of a comeback, we all jumped at the chance. Obviously that didn't pan out and we were stuck with what we had for a few years. Then Ultimate gets announced and we're all getting hyped up with Ridley and K. Rool and Simon Belmont making it in, big name characters with tons of important history in Nintendo and the idea that Banjo & Kazooie could be coming along with them, especially with whispers of Nintendo and Microsoft all of a sudden becoming chummy with one another, got people all hyped up. Then the Grinch leak comes around with the prospects of Issac, Geno, Shadow, Ken, the Chorus Kids, Mach Rider, and, of course, Banjo & Kazooie, and everyone starts getting all hyped up because there's no evidence against it and seems legit as heck, and of course, it turns out that Vergebin was right all along with the box theory and Ken & Incineroar were the last characters to make it in and Piranha Plant of all characters is the first DLC followed by Joker getting announced on the night of the VGAs which just happened to coincide with Banjo & Kazooie's 20th anniversary release in Japan. So, tl;dr, we are all very anxious about whether or not Banjo & Kazooie will finally make their long-awaited return to Nintendo through the efforts of Nintendo, Microsoft, and Sakurai as part of the video game hall-of-fame that is Smash and it teeters on this upcoming E3 and whether or not any of these leaks are legit or not. I'm already sure I'll be disappointed as I am every year at the thought of SOMETHING Banjo-related but one can dream, I guess...

Top Bottom