• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
Ooh, we're sharing our most wanted characters? Here's my current top ten:

1. Dixie Kong
  2. Ganon
  3. Banjo and Kazooie
  4. Donkey Kong Jr.
  5. Sceptile (another fully-evolved Grass-type starter is also acceptable, but really I'd prefer Sceptile)
  6. Tails
  7. Knuckles
  8. Paper Mario
  9. Medusa

Crap, that's only a top nine. I guess I already have the vast majority of the characters I ever wanted in Smash. I could get silly and say someone highly improbable like Chie Satonaka...

Quidohmi

Smash Apprentice
So being there isn't a whole lot to talk about right now, I have a question. We are all Banjo & Kazooie fans here, but that makes me curious if we have anything else in common in terms of characters we want to see in Smash. Like, are there any common threads between us besides Banjo? So I'm curious who all of you support beyond the bear and bird or perhaps who you would move on to supporting either after B&K are in or confirmed out in some way.

This may have been talked about previously, so sorry if this is a rehash, but I haven't seen this discussed yet.

As for me I want to see quite a few characters still. Those include:

Dixie Kong
Impa
Tingle
Isaac
Captain Syrup
Erdrick (would actually prefer slime, but DQ representation in general would be ideal)
Bomberman
Goemon

There are a lot of characters I'd be happy to see added or who I think would be very deserving (given my own biases and idea of what makes a character "deserving" of course) but those are the ones that I actively want the most. Unfortunately a lot of them can't happen, as far as we know anyway. Dixie is probably my most wanted right now after the bear and bird though. Her not being in just feels off to me in all honesty.
Banjo & Kazooie
Shantae
Mike Jones
Zoda
Star Man (NES Pro Wrestling)
Geno
Sami (Advance Wars)

Assist Trophies (at least)
Kamek
Poochy
Wart
Mumbo Jumbo

maf91186

Smash Journeyman
I have a fun one for you all. You have to choose one option. The other will never exist.

Would you rather Banjo-Threeie finally be announced Or Rare Replay on the Switch and Banjo-Kazooie in smash.

The hardest choices require the strongest wills.
Rare Replay and Smash, hands down. No chance in screwing that up. Also, B-K plus a ton of other Rare content on the go? Sign me up!

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I have a fun one for you all. You have to choose one option. The other will never exist.

Would you rather Banjo-Threeie finally be announced Or Rare Replay on the Switch and Banjo-Kazooie in smash.

Would Banjo-Threeie be exclusive to Xbox or also be on Switch ?

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I want a playable tetris character
But seriously, for how big a game it is, and how much of a history it has with nintendo, you’d think there’d be more than a few songs.
Best way Tetris could be represented in Smash is as a stage. It's just as iconic as Pong, Donkey Kong, and Pac-Man so it deserves it.

I really want Banjo & Kazooie in Smash, but would greatly prefer getting Banjo-Threeie over them ever getting in Smash.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

After Simon, my dream pick got in, i have no real desire to to passionatelly support another character (Banjo is the exception since he ties some loose ends for me) but if you asked me what characters i wanted to see in Smash.

Well, here are the top 5, the ones that left a hole in my heart:
1-Waluigi (the only one i have so much passion about......if it wasn't by the fact that i feel defeated and burnt out).
2-Balloon Fighter.
3-Dixie Kong.
4-Isaac.
5-Ganon.

6-Shadow (inbetween this section and the one below)
Everybody else from this point on are no longer a necessity for me:
7-Bandanna Dee.
8-Bomberman.
9-Takamaru.
10-Geno.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
After Snake's return, Bayonetta, K. Rool, and Ridley, there aren't any characters where I feel like they NEED to get in. In terms of my most wanted, Banjo-Kazooie and Dante from the Devil May Cry series (yes, seriously) are definitely up there.

In terms of characters that should probably be in sooner rather than later, Dixie Kong, Bandanna Waddle Dee, and Isaac from Golden Sun come to mind. I'd like to see Geno and Heihachi, but I'd understand it if other characters from their respective companies took priority.

Also, someone like Doomguy would be a ton of fun, and I'm baffled as to why Rayman hasn't been added to Smash when they've gotten permission to use him for two separate Smash games now.

KingMinjo91

Smash Apprentice

DEFINITELY gonna go with Banjo in Smash + Rare replay on Switch. It's honestly a dream come true for me, seeing Banjo&Kazooie fighting against my favorite characters in all of gaming. Having a convenient way of playing RARE games on my switch is just a bonus.

The thing about a new Banjo-Kazooie game for me is the quality. I dont know if I trust a new game to live up to the originals. On the other hand, Sakurai can take a character and create a masterpiece within Smash (K. Rool)

By the way, I noticed that Rand-Al mentioned Banjo again in a video that released today. Mentioned having been told Banjo was still going be in Smash when he had asked his source again. So thats always good to hear!

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
My Top 5 Characters for Ultimate

1. Andy (Advance Wars)
2. Banjo & Kazooie
3. Crash Bandicoot
4. Scorpion/Sub-Zero
5. Elma

Isaac would be No. 2 but unfortunately, he's an assist.
Banjo & Kazooie
Shantae
Mike Jones
Zoda
Star Man (NES Pro Wrestling)
Geno
Sami (Advance Wars)

Assist Trophies (at least)
Kamek
Poochy
Wart
Mumbo Jumbo
Heh, nice to see a fellow Advance Wars fan here. I run the Andy support thread even though it's not getting much traffic lately but maybe just maybe that'll change if there were an announcement at E3.

Always makes me smile to see more of us around.

Rare Replay on the Switch and Banjo & Kazooie in Smash easily. Microsoft/Rare doesn't even seem that eager to make a new game so might as well get the most of it.

And I know the scenario here is "either/or" but if we're talking realistically, Banjo in Smash would almost guarantee a new Banjo game whether Rare likes it or not. We're talking a whole new generation of fans being introduced to his series (via Smash and Rare Replay) and demanding a new entry in the franchise.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
For me, it is,

Dixie Kong,
Isaac,
Captain Syrup
Bomberman
Rayman
Goemon
Shantae
Mike Jones
Mach Rider
Earthworm Jim.
Here's my list of unlikely candidates that i want:
Geno
Paper Mario
Fawful(i think he needs more support from this list)
Dry Bones
King Boo
E.Gadd
Dixie Kong
Adeleine & Ribbon
Magolor
Krystal
Porky Minch
Anna(Fire Emblem)
Lady Tiki
Morgan
Hades
Isaac(Golden Sun)
Zael
Calista
Lip
Tethu & Esna
Tails
Shadow
Alucard
Lloyd Irving
Crash Bandicoot
Rayman
Shantae
Frisk
Meatboy
Quote & Curly Brace
The Heavy

some of these characters are still talked about however the rest on my list are very unlikely, what do you guys think of my list?

Edit:added a few other characters i missed.

Last edited:

GenoFlash

Smash Journeyman

Rare Replay and Banjo in Smash, easy. I don't have an XBone so I'd never get Banjo-Threeie in the first place, and Rare Replay was a $30 collection of my childhood; I need to play it eventually. Meanwhile Banjo belongs with Nintendo and getting in Smash would be the ultimate expression of that.

BZocky

Smash Ace
All I really want are Banjo/Kazooie, Captain Syrup, Marco from Metal Slug and an Atari rep like Frogger or Centipede.
I'd also love to see Geno get the justice he deserves too even if I have no personal stake in his character.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
All I really want are Banjo/Kazooie, Captain Syrup, Ashley, Marco from Metal Slug and an Atari rep like Frogger or Centipede.
I'd also love to see Geno get the justice he deserves too even if I have no personal stake in his character.
Man, glad I am not the only one who wanted Marco from Metal Slug. I did not put him on my list before because I thought no one wanted him. Glad to be wrong.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master

GenoFlash

Smash Journeyman
So being there isn't a whole lot to talk about right now, I have a question. We are all Banjo & Kazooie fans here, but that makes me curious if we have anything else in common in terms of characters we want to see in Smash. Like, are there any common threads between us besides Banjo? So I'm curious who all of you support beyond the bear and bird or perhaps who you would move on to supporting either after B&K are in or confirmed out in some way.

This may have been talked about previously, so sorry if this is a rehash, but I haven't seen this discussed yet.

Dixie Kong
Impa
Tingle
Isaac
Captain Syrup
Erdrick (would actually prefer slime, but DQ representation in general would be ideal)
Bomberman
Goemon

There are a lot of characters I'd be happy to see added or who I think would be very deserving (given my own biases and idea of what makes a character "deserving" of course) but those are the ones that I actively want the most. Unfortunately a lot of them can't happen, as far as we know anyway. Dixie is probably my most wanted right now after the bear and bird though. Her not being in just feels off to me in all honesty.
Every character I even remotely want:

- Geno
- Jill Valentine/Claire Redfield/Leon Kennedy
- Chosen Undead/Solaire
- Monster Hunter
- Lloyd Irving/Yuri Lowell
- Heihachi Mishima
- Klonoa
- Ryu Hayabusa
- Ninten
- Octoling
- Tetra
- Dixie Kong
- Amaterasu
- Kazuma Kiryu
- Doomslayer
- Lip
- Astral Chain Heroes

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Saved me the trouble of posting this!

To add some context: Paragon is a staff member on Papagenos Discord. He brought up that story about the warehouse back when the Grinch got debunked. He recently brought it up again and is standing by it.

Having been around this user for the better part of half a year, this guy actually isnt a fan of the Banjo games at all; so he's unbiased in saying he's in. Plus if he's staff on the server I want to give him the benefit of the doubt a bit

I have to ask though. Because I remember seeing it back in December about the amiibo thing. Why would production of Banjo amiibos start as early as December when Joker wasn't even in the paperwork at the time. Joker was even announcement not even a week and a half after that guy said what his friend told him.
Its not so much that they're starting production, as it is more: "We need to allocate space in the warehouse for this upcoming product", at least that's how he put it

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I think I saw that amiibo story before, but I just dismissed it due to seeing a similar story about Target and a co-worker once working at Nintendo and hearing higher-ups talk about Smash and Isaac.

Perhaps it's real, though, I dunno. I guess the other story could've been about Isaac's assist trophy if it was real, however; I don't recall exactly what was said, but it gave me the impression they were talking about him being playable. Probably weren't, but whatever; just because one story was perhaps fake doesn't mean another person's is, even if it seems like one of those long tall-tales people pull.

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
Okay so let’s have a level head on this, so we need to clear the air. let’s say that we have a Microsoft Rep, and which is (as of right now) the more realistic and realizable leading to E3. Will we have a Microsoft Character and Which one is buildup with enough background data/evidence to be added in the Fighter’s Pass?

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Okay so let’s have a level head on this, so we need to clear the air. let’s say that we have a Microsoft Rep, and which is (as of right now) the more realistic and realizable leading to E3. Will we have a Microsoft Character and Which one is buildup with enough background data/evidence to be added in the Fighter’s Pass?
Banjo & Kazooie?

BZocky

Smash Ace
Not sure if this has been posted here yet but the Microsoft E3 leak was fake; shot down by none other than Jez Corden AKA one of our 'Banjo in Smash' leads.
There was a problem fetching the tweet

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Right but let’s explain on upon what they have more going for them than say Steve and Master Chief
Well. Master Chief was outright deconfirmed. Steve has one guy saying he's in and several Mojang employees expressing extreme doubt.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Looking back on everything:

Steve:
A lot of "He said, she said" is going on with this. Verg is adamant about Minecraft being in Smash in some form or another, but not necessarily the block man himself. Others swear up and down that he IS in. However some of Mojangs own staff seem to think he's NOT likely

Overall, people give REASONS why Steve should be in, but no EVIDENCE that he is in other than "take my word for it"

This sums it up
1555901507317-png.png

Banjo:
Also a lot of "He said, she said" but this time we have some interesting coincidences happen...
Indiegamerchick has heavily leaned towards him with her tweets about Microsoft and Nintendo, and she IS credible. Sabi I believe heard Banjo too, and Ryce also thinks the duo are likely, but that's just his opinion

As for the coincidences, the big ones are:

Rare Spirits in the coding

Lootcrate quickly taking down their "Banjo in Smash" tweet along with the item being removed from the box

Rare personally inviting the people who made the Banjo statue to E3

Brave's slide turn and floaty jump seem to fit Banjo a bit well

Of course all of this could be circumstantial! But it seems to me Banjo has more going for him in pure evidence, while Steve only has people yelling about sales figures, "logic", and "relevancy" as their main points

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Not sure if this has been posted here yet but the Microsoft E3 leak was fake; shot down by none other than Jez Corden AKA one of our 'Banjo in Smash' leads.
Banjo-Threeie is back on the menu boys and girls.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
I'm unfamiliar with Jez, can someone TL;DR me?

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman

Steve:
A lot of "He said, she said" is going on with this. Verg is adamant about Minecraft being in Smash in some form or another, but not necessarily the block man himself. Others swear up and down that he IS in. However some of Mojangs own staff seem to think he's NOT likely

Overall, people give REASONS why Steve should be in, but no EVIDENCE that he is in other than "take my word for it"

This sums it up
View attachment 224114

Banjo:
Also a lot of "He said, she said" but this time we have some interesting coincidences happen...
Indiegamerchick has heavily leaned towards him with her tweets about Microsoft and Nintendo, and she IS credible. Sabi I believe heard Banjo too, and Ryce also thinks the duo are likely, but that's just his opinion

Lootcrate quickly taking down their "Banjo in Smash" tweet along with the item being removed from the box

Of course all of this could be circumstantial! But it seems to me Banjo has more going for him in pure evidence, while Steve only has people yelling about sales figures, "logic", and "relevancy" as their main points
Okay than, looks good to me.

BZocky

Smash Ace
I'm unfamiliar with Jez, can someone TL;DR me?
He's a Senior Editor at Windows Central and a Microsoft insider. He runs a podcast with Rand Al Thor called "The Xbox Two" where they discussed Banjo being in from a reliable source back in December

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord

Dixie Kong
Impa
Tingle
Isaac
Captain Syrup
Bomberman
Goemon

My third most-wanted character (after Banjo-Kazooie and King K. Rool) is Sora, and I also wouldn't mind seeing the likes of Badana Dee, Crash Bandicoot, and Spyro join the roster as well.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
My most wanted besides Banjo & Kazooie who top the list for me...

Dixie
Ganon (specifically ALttP version)
Shovel Knight
Knuckles
Spyro
Crash
Doom Slayer
Master Chief
Funky Kong
Black Mage
Warrior of Light

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Can someone please elaborate on this? What's a "slide turn?" How do we know Brave has one?
Before the stats were taken down. Modders attached Brave's stats to an existent character. Brave has a slide when he turns.

And Banjo in his game does the exact same slide turn. And it's almost exact in time as Brave's slide.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Does anyone have a picture of the loot crate tweet that was taken down? It's definitely something I don't see brought up enough

Also my most wanted?

Skull Kid and Dee are 1 and 2 obviously
Banjo is 3
And then off in the distance are Rex & Pyra and King Boo

Would die happy if Baby Mario (shut up) got it

Would also be thrilled with Dark Matter or Daroach followed Bandana Dee into Smash.

And another Zelda character following Skull Kid would be great. Captain Toad would be satisfying.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Does anyone have a picture of the loot crate tweet that was taken down? It's definitely something I don't see brought up enough
Here you go

1558673304943.png

It's such an innocent tweet, it makes it even more baffling as to why it got yanked down. They could have easily kept this up even if they were no longer offering a Banjo-Kazooie item in their box

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
It's been a while since I've been on these forums, but I've got a good feeling about Banjo. The insiders backing him and little things like the amiibo thing give me more hope that he's in the game.

Steve:

This sums it up
View attachment 224114

Banjo:

As a Shantae fan, I got burned by the circumstantial evidence surrounding her, but Banjo does seem to have more going for him right now. That's more than what Steve has. It's all up to Nintendo and Sakurai and we probably won't know who the next DLC character is until E3.

Top Bottom