• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Remember, Verge got virtually everything about the base game right, so he's not a liar (that we know of), hack, fake. If anything, he's just an *******.
While yes, Vergeben got most things right about the base game since he pinpointed the exact characters that would be joining, his DLC leaks aren't as credible. Vergeben claimed that a Square Enix rep would be the first character for the fighters pass. However he was wrong about that.

However, if Verge's rumors of Minecraft were wrong, that doesn't help Banjo either. It was Verge's original claims of Minecraft in Smash that gave credence to Microsoft working with Nintendo on Smash. Outside of that rumor, we have virtually no indication that it's happening, other than it makes sense.
Indie Gamer Chick is still a credible source and is in fact the most credible leaker behind Banjo and Kazooie's inclusion in Smash Ultimate. Even still, just because Vergeben might be wrong doesn't mean that there isn't anything going on with Microsoft and Nintendo. Banjo Kazooie may still happen because they did so well in the fighter's ballot. Then there is the stuff with Loot crate shutting up about Banjo Kazooie outright and Rare promoting merchandise for their characters. The google theory still hasn't been proven false, if it's good enough to fake then it's good enough to prove it.

Justin Little

Smash Ace
Those Totaku figures look so cool. Too bad my local Gamestop didn't have any Banjo or Conker in stock. I guess they have been discontinued. :(

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Then there is the stuff with Loot crate shutting up about Banjo Kazooie outright and Rare promoting merchandise for their characters.
Interesting you bring this up, some guys on the Papagenos Discord were debating Aubrey's tweets again (I know it's been beaten to death, but it's a slow news cycle, we need SOMETHING to talk about)

Specifically, the fact that they're still up. After it caught on you'd think that if Steve were in, Mojang higher ups would ask her to take the Tweets down; she's a prominent voice in the community speaking on behalf of Minecraft openly bad-mouthing Steve after all and saying that he would be a bad choice for Smash Bros. Yet the tweets are still up.

Meanwhile, Lootcrate merely asks fans what they'd think about Banjo in Smash and the Tweet gets yanked down lightning fast

Those Totaku figures look so cool. Too bad my local Gamestop didn't have any Banjo or Conker in stock. I guess they have been discontinued. :(
Nah, they're just kinda hard to get ahold of. I see some of the 'rarer' Totaku figures pop up in stores now and then

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Wow, you guys are good. I was the last person I would have suspected, but I was looking for me all the time! It's the perfect crime! I'm Vergeben!
1558639031279.png

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Joanna getting a figure is pretty cool. Ive played a bit of the PD campaign but never beat it. Was more into Goldeneye. Ive been meaning to beat all the classic fps seires, including PD. I dont think it means anything for Banjo either way. I would like to note though that the figure uses the classic design instead of the PD zero one just like Banjo using his class9c design over Nuts and Bolts Banjo. I have a feeling the Toads could be next in line to get figures once their new designs are shown at E3.

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
As a fellow boomerbro supporter for geno, you have my support Guhhuh Gang. Hope the bear and the bird make it in. Always thought it would be hilarious to have gruntilda as a stageboss or hazard and have her talking trash about the other fighters with her rhymes.
Can we please stop referring to everyone over the age of twenty-five as a "boomer?" That has got to be the most annoying, meaning-obfuscating slang term of all time.

If you were born at any point after 1964, you are not a boomer.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Interesting you bring this up, some guys on the Papagenos Discord were debating Aubrey's tweets again (I know it's been beaten to death, but it's a slow news cycle, we need SOMETHING to talk about)

Specifically, the fact that they're still up. After it caught on you'd think that if Steve were in, Mojang higher ups would ask her to take the Tweets down; she's a prominent voice in the community speaking on behalf of Minecraft openly bad-mouthing Steve after all and saying that he would be a bad choice for Smash Bros. Yet the tweets are still up.

Meanwhile, Lootcrate merely asks fans what they'd think about Banjo in Smash and the Tweet gets yanked down lightning fast
I was thinking this to myself. If Aubrey and Theraddestbro commented about Steve in Smash Bros, do Mojang and Microsoft have anything to hide about Steve? Not even a Mii costume? Spirit? With the way things are it seems unlikely that Minecraft will get any representation at all.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Sometimes deleting evidence makes it a lot more obvious. Sometimes its better to just let it slide to not draw attention.

Last edited:

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Our old pal Vergeben is back again. He's still committed to Minecraft being the proverbial hill he dies on, but he's not necessarily backing Steve either, and he admits that whole "An early build had Steve as playable" was probably leakbait

Screenshot_20190523-164300_Chrome.jpg

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Sooo...With all this Vergeben news, I think this is good for Banjo & Kazooie.

The fact he is insistent on Minecraft content means that he may have heard about Microsoft talking with Nintendo about getting a Rep. (Deals and what not)

At least, this we CAN be confident about. It seems like a Microsoft Rep IS indeed happening. He got a lot right during Base, but of course DLC is a different beast. HOWEVER, he heard this back mid year.

Also, Vergeben 271 Reporting for duty!
Big boss salute.jpg

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Sometimes deleting evidence makes it a lot more obvious. Sometimes its better to just let it slide to not draw attention.
But that begs the question. Why would Loot Crate's tweet about Banjo Kazooie be deleted quickly and have the series name removed from their loot boxes if they wanted to act like they had nothing to hide?

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
But that begs the question. Why would Loot Crate's tweet about Banjo Kazooie be deleted quickly and have the series name removed from their loot boxes if they wanted to act like they had nothing to hide?
I think in that case because they couldn't advertise a Banjo item if a Banjo item wasn't coming. I can't really describe the tweet though. Maybe they deleted it because it didn't make sense since the Banjo item was taken out.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
I think in that case because they couldn't advertise a Banjo item if a Banjo item wasn't coming. I can't really describe the tweet though. Maybe they deleted it because it didn't make sense since the Banjo item was taken out.
But it's not like they were asking "Hey, are you excited for the Banjo item in our box?" It was "What do you think of them in Smash?"

Asking an opinion on an unrelated game, seemingly. So it weird it got yanked

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
He was only reliable for the base game. I don't understand why anyone takes him seriously since Joker came and took a big deuce on his leaking career. Also I think he mistook the file name of Rathalos for the Enderdragon since it was named enddragon.

With Gamexplain, they never believed the Grinch Leak and have been talking smack about Papagenos about it but then thought the 5chan leak was credible because it was in Japanese.
It's why I don't understand why GameFAQs users hate PapaGenos so much for him getting pissed at GameXplain (other than GameFAQs forums being toxic as hell)

Yeah Gamexplain started acting weird during the grinch leak as it was the 1st leak they just refused to cover with no real reason given as to why other then its fake, despite covering obveusly fake leaks B4 & turning them into hour long videos, they act all smug & in the know now about everything

them NOT covering the grinch leak is WHY a lot of people belived it
Yeah, it's pretty much one of the reasons people had problems with GameXplain during that cycle, it's not that they were trying to discredit the "leak," but more about how half assed their reasons were and at least two members were being assholes on twitter. I mean sure, they can't just say "our sources told us blah blah blah" but anything is better than saying "the picture is blurry" and there was no reason to insult PapaGenos.

Can we please stop referring to everyone over the age of twenty-five as a "boomer?" That has got to be the most annoying, meaning-obfuscating slang term of all time.

If you were born at any point after 1964, you are not a boomer.
I blame it on the "30 year old boomer" meme that some people thought was funny. Still, it's really stupid that people (mostly idiots on GameFAQs) think that "only Boomers remember Banjo" when the games came out in 1998 so the people who grew up with him were Gen Y folks (or Millennials)

Violante

Smash Apprentice
I know this is an old lead, but I visited a Microsoft store just now and checked the games for the main display Xbox. Of a total 45 they do indeed have the Banjo games installed (no Nuts & Bolts) among some typical best sellers, some other indie staples (Shovel Knight/Shantae etc.) and some of the genesis Sonic games. Apart from the new Killer Instinct, there aren't any other Rare titles available to play. I then checked the smaller displays, and they had a smaller range of games available, but no other Rare titles apart from Kazooie and Tooie (strangely some systems had Tooie by itself).

Last edited:

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
Sooo...With all this Vergeben news, I think this is good for Banjo & Kazooie.

The fact he is insistent on Minecraft content means that he may have heard about Microsoft talking with Nintendo about getting a Rep. (Deals and what not)

At least, this we CAN be confident about. It seems like a Microsoft Rep IS indeed happening. He got a lot right during Base, but of course DLC is a different beast. HOWEVER, he heard this back mid year.
I actually have a strong theory that might be relatable to Vergeben’s Minecraft Content, A.) Minecraft is looking to have something to do with Spirit’s in a stand-alone Smash Bros Ultimate update at the same time as Minecraft’s own Minecon Event show happens on that week, or B.) perhaps the Minecraft Content he thought was going to be in Ultimate was actually in regards to just an New Update on Minecraft that has Super Smash Bros theme in it for the Switch and it’ll be like its own version of Super Smash Bros with Minecraft Costumes of Nintendo’s Characters, Konami’s Solid Snake & The Belmont’s, SEGA’s Sonic The Hedgehog, Bayonetta & Joker, Capcom’s Mega Man, Ryu & Ken Masters, Namco’s Pac-Man, & Square Enix’s Cloud Strife Skins in this Bundle for Nintendo Switch only and his Sources we’re mistaken for Super Smash Bros Ultimate’s DLC. There’s also the issue of Minecraft not having a single mention for E3 while Banjo has been proven to have been flooded with information these last few months. Still I believe we’ll end up having Banjo & Kazooie announced for Ultimate’s Fighter Pass at E3, and hopefully we’ll get some clarification on Minecraft Content soon if not E3 or the Minecon Event Week

maf91186

Smash Journeyman
Uh, you might want yo add text to that post.
Right. So often, I only reply in text and in turn, end up forgetting there are rules to be followed here. My bad xD

Edit: Also, I can't even make a clear image on my phone apparently, so the joke probably falls flat anyway lol. (Not to mention it's dated to begin with)

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I actually have a strong theory that might be relatable to Vergeben’s Minecraft Content, A.) Minecraft is looking to have something to do with Spirit’s in a stand-alone Smash Bros Ultimate update at the same time as Minecraft’s own Minecon Event show happens on that week, or B.) perhaps the Minecraft Content he thought was going to be in Ultimate was actually in regards to just an New Update on Minecraft that has Super Smash Bros theme in it for the Switch and it’ll be like its own version of Super Smash Bros with Minecraft Costumes of Nintendo’s Characters, Konami’s Solid Snake & The Belmont’s, SEGA’s Sonic The Hedgehog, Bayonetta & Joker, Capcom’s Mega Man, Ryu & Ken Masters, Namco’s Pac-Man, & Square Enix’s Cloud Strife Skins in this Bundle for Nintendo Switch only and his Sources we’re mistaken for Super Smash Bros Ultimate’s DLC. There’s also the issue of Minecraft not having a single mention for E3 while Banjo has been proven to have been flooded with information these last few months. Still I believe we’ll end up having Banjo & Kazooie announced for Ultimate’s Fighter Pass at E3, and hopefully we’ll get some clarification on Minecraft Content soon if not E3 or the Minecon Event Week
Microsoft ALWAYS finds a way to fit Minecraft into their E3 showing. Always.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Say, did anyone notice that the insiders have barely said, if anything against Banjo-Kazooie being in Smash? I think that is great.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Or the Minecraft content is Mii costume's... I can see a Steve head for Miis, some Minecraft weapons added too.. maybe a creeper head for a Mii

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Say, did anyone notice that the insiders have barely said, if anything against Banjo-Kazooie being in Smash? I think that is great.
I don't really recall anything against them, no. Oh wait… naysayers, haha.
banjo.png

Or the Minecraft content is Mii costume's... I can see a Steve head for Miis, some Minecraft weapons added too.. maybe a creeper head for a Mii
Mii Costume has always been my bet. The real icon of Minecraft is the Creeper and the world after all.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I'd be okay with a Minecraft mii; I'd still want the actual Steve (and/or a Creeper), of course, but if we get Banjo-Kazooie I'll still be happy while being disappointed Steve couldn't get in, too.

If Steve was actually leak bait and not a lie, Banjo-Kazooie seems likelier.

Mii Costume has always been my bet. The real icon of Minecraft is the Creeper and the world after all.
True, though Steve is still an icon for the game, even if not ingame outside of the default skin. He still gets used and receives recognition, even if he had more earlier-on.

Last edited:

SirCamp

Smash Ace
So being there isn't a whole lot to talk about right now, I have a question. We are all Banjo & Kazooie fans here, but that makes me curious if we have anything else in common in terms of characters we want to see in Smash. Like, are there any common threads between us besides Banjo? So I'm curious who all of you support beyond the bear and bird or perhaps who you would move on to supporting either after B&K are in or confirmed out in some way.

This may have been talked about previously, so sorry if this is a rehash, but I haven't seen this discussed yet.

As for me I want to see quite a few characters still. Those include:

Dixie Kong
Impa
Tingle
Isaac
Captain Syrup
Erdrick (would actually prefer slime, but DQ representation in general would be ideal)
Bomberman
Goemon

There are a lot of characters I'd be happy to see added or who I think would be very deserving (given my own biases and idea of what makes a character "deserving" of course) but those are the ones that I actively want the most. Unfortunately a lot of them can't happen, as far as we know anyway. Dixie is probably my most wanted right now after the bear and bird though. Her not being in just feels off to me in all honesty.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So being there isn't a whole lot to talk about right now, I have a question. We are all Banjo & Kazooie fans here, but that makes me curious if we have anything else in common in terms of characters we want to see in Smash. Like, are there any common threads between us besides Banjo? So I'm curious who all of you support beyond the bear and bird or perhaps who you would move on to supporting either after B&K are in or confirmed out in some way.

This may have been talked about previously, so sorry if this is a rehash, but I haven't seen this discussed yet.

Dixie Kong
Impa
Tingle
Isaac
Captain Syrup
Erdrick (would actually prefer slime, but DQ representation in general would be ideal)
Bomberman
Goemon

There are a lot of characters I'd be happy to see added or who I think would be very deserving (given my own biases and idea of what makes a character "deserving" of course) but those are the ones that I actively want the most. Unfortunately a lot of them can't happen, as far as we know anyway. Dixie is probably my most wanted right now after the bear and bird though. Her not being in just feels off to me in all honesty.
For me, it is,

Dixie Kong,
Isaac,
Captain Syrup
Bomberman
Rayman
Goemon
Shantae
Mike Jones
Mach Rider
Earthworm Jim.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

Dixie Kong
Impa
Tingle
Isaac
Captain Syrup
Bomberman
Goemon

My list is a lil more unique in that it features a character with a guaranteed 0% chance:
Shantae
Steve
Heavy
Ryu Hayabusa
Doomguy
Master Chief
Erdrick
Sora
Agitha (LoZ Twilight Princess)
Volleyball Player (NES Volleyball)
Mach Rider
Edward Richtofen (CoD Zombies. 0% chance, but I can dream right?)

Edit: Can't believe I forgot Asha (Monster World IV) on this list. Ah well!

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I have an unpopular opinion for this thread. I don't want Dixie Kong. Would much prefer Cranky if we needed another DK rep. And outside of Banjo and Conker I don't really want any other rare reps. I also don't think SE deserves another rep outside of Geno.

What I do want is
-Heavy/Soldier/Scout
-Vault Boy
-Tracer/D.va/Mei
-Phoenix Wright
-Doom Guy
-Skull Kid
-Tails/Knuckles
-Hat Kid
-Crypto from Destroy all Humans
-Cuphead
-Master Chief

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master

Dixie Kong
Impa
Tingle
Isaac
Captain Syrup
Bomberman
Goemon

I wonder if I actually want Banjo in Smash or if I want Banjo in Smash because of all of you.

The characters I support are pretty much only two, at least consistently

Micaiah (my most wanted :D)
Bandana Dee (mah boi)

Jorl

Smash Rookie
I want a playable tetris character
But seriously, for how big a game it is, and how much of a history it has with nintendo, you’d think there’d be more than a few songs.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I want a playable tetris character
But seriously, for how big a game it is, and how much of a history it has with nintendo, you’d think there’d be more than a few songs.
I feel this lies more in the hands of Tetris Company over Nintendo. They are... restrictive these days. Take a read at the guidelines here and see that they can be quite restrictive.

This is also why I think Tetris Attack has never seen a rerelease since it doesn't come close to the guidelines. Ditto with removing Game Boy Tetris from 3DS VC.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace

Dixie Kong
Impa
Tingle
Isaac
Captain Syrup
Bomberman
Goemon

I never had a big list of wants when it comes to smash. Especially this game, when most of them are in the base game. (Wolf, Ridley, krool)
I used to think that if banjo got in, then that was it. I wouldn't care who got in next. But ever since Google theory poped up, I've had a new awakening to artorias, and to a lesser extent, doomguy. If banjo's in, I'm putting everything on artorias.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I have a fun one for you all. You have to choose one option. The other will never exist.

Would you rather Banjo-Threeie finally be announced Or Rare Replay on the Switch and Banjo-Kazooie in smash.

The hardest choices require the strongest wills.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I have a fun one for you all. You have to choose one option. The other will never exist.

Would you rather Banjo-Threeie finally be announced Or Rare Replay on the Switch and Banjo-Kazooie in smash.
I'll go with the second option. Banjo-Threeie can wait, even if it has been a long time.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

Option B. Playing Banjo, Perfect Dark, and Conker on the go is way more appealing than a new game, but I wouldn't say no to a proper Banjo-Threeie.

Top Bottom