• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I think that statement still allows for at least one fan-pick, such as Banjo-Kazooie. Maybe they think B-K could even attract some Microsoft crowds, like the ones who don't play Nintendo, but still like playing B-K on the Gamepass/in Rare Replay or something.

As for what B-K have going for them, among all the other stuff, I also recall Sabi saying IndieGamerChick is legit. Not that what she said about Banjo-Kazooie in Smash and an N64 Classic is true, but that her info could be true at the least.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I was surprised how many people never played/didn't like Banjo & Kazooie on N64, but loved Nuts & Bolts. It's bittersweet--I consider that rendition to not be true to form, on the other hand that game introduced the bear and bird to a whole new audience, as well as to people who didn't like them as platforming characters.

I feel like you do a Nuts & Bolts if and only if you have concrete plans on making Banjo-Threeie, not as a substitute or replacement for doing so. The problem with Nuts & Bolts is that it's the only modern incarnation of Banjo & Kazooie. If it was a spin off, in addition to a legitimate third game in the series, it probably wouldn't have been denounced by fans of the originals.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
While Banjo is who I am obviously rooting for, my primary motivation for keeping Google Theory alive is simply because it's broken the montony and finally given us something new to talk about.

That being saaaaid, some tests have been run

1558068054989.png

1558068083031.png

1558068094052.png

1558068115579.png

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I'm not normally a betting women. But I am so confident that there won't be a Steve announcement tomorrow that IF he is announced, I will gladly get to elite smash with him when he releases.
1558068362356.png

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I'm not normally a betting women. But I am so confident that there won't be a Steve announcement tomorrow that IF he is announced, I will gladly get to elite smash with him when he releases.
View attachment 221138
Nah it's just what I like to call Minecraft GO! and a totally-something-that-should-be-hyped-as-a-huge-secret, Minecon in September; yeah nobody was expecting Minecon this year whatsoever, no-sir-ee, especially since they definitely treated it as some big secret every previous year...no, they didn't, they announced it normally...

I know I sound salty, I actually like Minecon despite its "family-friendly" schtick (it's not actually family-friendly, at least not for everyone in the friendly, they sound like they're talking to 5 year-olds even with the older kids and teens standing around, and Microsoft did this for the entirety of the XBox Event last year, too); I was just expecting something cooler and more of a secret than Minecon, plus the AR game wasn't really secret since Microsoft teased it early, but at least it seems like it'll be cool, hopefully they tease some good stuff for Minecon...

Last edited:

Blue Mint

Smash Cadet
Mewtwo is a cat?
Wtf?
Was anyone actually mad at the grinch leak ? i wasn't it was a really good leak IMO had actual convincing backstory (gamexplain ignoring it made it feel suspicusly more real)

what i was mad at was sakurai thought it was a good idea to end the smash hype train with Ken a echo (who sucks IMO) & incinaroar the most boring meh predictible pokemon pick he could of ever made & who barely anyone actually wanted 800+ pokemon & the dumb obveus marketing choice :/ plus mewtwo is a cat so why ANOTHER cat pokemon ? hell I'll take magickarp over incinaroar anyday.

OH YEAH & Piranha Plant a cut base roster character that no one wanted or asked for a generic mario baddy pushed to promotional DLC we have proof of this

the google leak seams real so far IMO but if it is fake GOOD ! only banjo & joker seam like good picks IMO sure this leak would conferm banjo & I want him but those characters are awful IMO
Nah it's just what I like to call Minecraft GO! and a totally-something-that-should-be-hyped-as-a-huge-secret, Minecon in September; yeah nobody was expecting Minecon this year whatsoever, no-sir-ee, especially since they definitely treated it as some big secret every previous year...no, they didn't, they announced it normally...

I know I sound salty, I actually like Minecon despite its "family-friendly" schtick (it's not actually family-friendly, at least not for everyone in the friendly, they sound like they're talking to 5 year-olds even with the older kids and teens standing around, and Microsoft did this for the entirety of the XBox Event last year, too); I was just expecting something cooler and more of a secret than Minecon, plus the AR game wasn't really secret since Microsoft teased it early, but at least it seems like it'll be cool, hopefully they tease some good stuff for Minecon...
Don't worry, you're completely right.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master

How many dedicated wrams do you need to run a Banjo-Threeie Minecraft server.

TheHeartbreakKid

Smash Journeyman

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Neither of the two people who have come out with Google stuff seem super exact with their wording and be playing loose to be completely honest. And to make matters worse, they’re on opposite sides of the argument.

We really need someone more knowledgeable and definitive on this specific topic before it can really go much further.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Neither of the two people who have come out with Google stuff seem super exact with their wording and be playing loose to be completely honest. And to make matters worse, they’re on opposite sides of the argument.

We really need someone more knowledgeable and definitive on this specific topic before it can really go much further.

Yeah, our problem is that we have several people with supposedly high credentials contradicting themselves.

I will agree that the recent Twitter thread put a dent in things, but like I said before; He only proved it CAN be faked, not that it IS faked. But at the same time there's so many factors involved; cost, outbidding Nintendo themselves, being able to link to their own page, keeping this going for a long period of time and HOPING someone notices a pattern...

1558075225665.png

Like, this is directly from the same source Scourchy cited in HIS point. Sure, MTP had enough money to buy a ton of Rosalina Amiibo and people always cite that as proof a troll will spend an obscene amount of money to pull their stunts, but I consider that to be the exception, not the rule.

Nintendo spent 70 BILLION Yen in advertising last year alone! https://www.statista.com/statistics/708011/nintendo-advertising-expenses/

Of course not all of that goes into Google ads, but you REALLY think some rando is going to have the kind of cash floating around to challenge that kind of coins Nintendo throws around?

1558075894058.png

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

On the point that because something can be faked doesn't mean it isn't true.....does anyone else remember how someone created a unique 3D model of Palutena and faked an image of her in Smash before she was announced for Smash 4? That 'leak' was fake, but the truth remained that Palutena was in the game. So. Won't know for sure until all the fighters are revealed.

DMTN

Smash Journeyman
It would be interesting to see if someone can outbid the current advertisement. That would tell us how much the faker/Nintendo has paid. If it's a cheap ad, it's absolutely fake.

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
On the point that because something can be faked doesn't mean it isn't true.....does anyone else remember how someone created a unique 3D model of Palutena and faked an image of her in Smash before she was announced for Smash 4? That 'leak' was fake, but the truth remained that Palutena was in the game. So. Won't know for sure until all the fighters are revealed.
Exactly. There's a crapton of things that can be faked (it's a rather massive list), including the deaths of individuals. It doesn't mean the genuine article stops being the genuine article just because it CAN be faked.

Take this statement for example, "Your grandfather didn't die, deaths can be faked."
Is the grandfather's death automatically disproven merely because his death CAN be faked? No, that's absurd.

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
Yeah, our problem is that we have several people with supposedly high credentials contradicting themselves.

I will agree that the recent Twitter thread put a dent in things, but like I said before; He only proved it CAN be faked, not that it IS faked. But at the same time there's so many factors involved; cost, outbidding Nintendo themselves, being able to link to their own page, keeping this going for a long period of time and HOPING someone notices a pattern...

View attachment 221155

Like, this is directly from the same source Scourchy cited in HIS point. Sure, MTP had enough money to buy a ton of Rosalina Amiibo and people always cite that as proof a troll will spend an obscene amount of money to pull their stunts, but I consider that to be the exception, not the rule.

Nintendo spent 70 BILLION Yen in advertising last year alone! https://www.statista.com/statistics/708011/nintendo-advertising-expenses/

Of course not all of that goes into Google ads, but you REALLY think some rando is going to have the kind of cash floating around to challenge that kind of coins Nintendo throws around?

View attachment 221163
You'd think that the person supposedly performing the 4D chess here would want to make their presence known like MTP. There would be a ton of money involved here, and all to fool about...a thousand or so people? Trolls are dedicated, but not that dedicated to piss away that much money and risk jail time.

I'd be willing to spend $5 to troll back at Banjo-haters. But to risk possibly thousands of bucks for competing against a major corporation through ads, fake something for X amount of time only to get tossed in prison hardly seems worth to me.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
You'd think that the person supposedly performing the 4D chess here would want to make their presence known like MTP. There would be a ton of money involved here, and all to fool about...a thousand or so people? Trolls are dedicated, but not that dedicated to piss away that much money and risk jail time.

I'd be willing to spend $5 to troll back at Banjo-haters. But to risk possibly thousands of bucks for competing against a major corporation through ads, fake something for X amount of time only to get tossed in prison hardly seems worth to me.
Pretty much my stance with this currently.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
I've just read through two pages of what's happening and everyone is starting to think that Google Theory is killed by that El Scorchy guy or whoever else (I just got up I'm tired). I just don't understand why though.

The trouble with his argument is that he used examples of the same ads as that guy from Resetera asking about the Gold product expert. He used the Marketplace instead of the Super Smash Bros Ultimate website. He's saying that the Google theory could be faked and that it's cheap to make. He hasn't proved that, if it's so cheap then why hasn't he made a google ad for the Smash Ultimate website to prove it? That's what I don't understand.

Also this is nothing like the Grinch leak. The Grinch leak had a picture to prove with characters conveniently switched around to fake it and took a blurry picture of it while people were lead on with how it was done and not how it connected to Nintendo.

The Google Theory is much simpler than that. If it's that easy to fake and cheap as hell to buy a Smash Ultimate ad, why hasn't anyone directly linked their ads to the Smash Ultimate website?

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I've just read through two pages of what's happening and everyone is starting to think that Google Theory is killed by that El Scorchy guy or whoever else (I just got up I'm tired). I just don't understand why though.

The trouble with his argument is that he used examples of the same ads as that guy from Resetera asking about the Gold product expert. He used the Marketplace instead of the Super Smash Bros Ultimate website. He's saying that the Google theory could be faked and that it's cheap to make. He hasn't proved that, if it's so cheap then why hasn't he made a google ad for the Smash Ultimate website to prove it? That's what I don't understand.

Also this is nothing like the Grinch leak. The Grinch leak had a picture to prove with characters conveniently switched around to fake it and took a blurry picture of it while people were lead on with how it was done and not how it connected to Nintendo.

The Google Theory is much simpler than that. If it's that easy to fake and cheap as hell to buy a Smash Ultimate ad, why hasn't anyone directly linked their ads to the Smash Ultimate website?
The Grinch leak was far more convincing. It wasn't a blurry image, but people zoomed in on the small band that contained the character portrait. They also found a guys name and found out he worked for a company that worked with Bandai Namco, those working on Smash (there's your connection). The characters themselves moved around much like how they did in official unveilings, where a more traditional faker would have simply copy and pasted the characters in the blank spaces (this also meant that they had to recreate aspects of characters and the background that was originally covered up). And despite being zoomed in, you could easily make out most of the characters, and every new character was created from scratch. Fan art typically lacks conveying the essence of characters, and each one had those immutable characteristics--whoever faked it knew the characters and knew how they should be designed, including Easter eggs in their placements.

The only criticisms were--after people found the official background art that was shown at E3, there were small details that didn't quite match up (didn't matter, as even official art can be changed over time), as well as insiders claiming it couldn't be true, but giving very poor reasoning as to why.

And unlike Google theory, Grinch theory made sense--if there was an event to promote Smash Ultimate, it would make sense to have decorations including the final character mural (the faker included props actually used in the industry). With Google theory it makes virtually no sense why Nintendo of Europe would know all of the characters (when even higher ups at companies working with Nintendo on Smash aren't made aware their character is in the game) and why they would use only very specific search terms to link to the fighter pass several months before some are even revealed.

It's perfectly fine for those who think it's interesting and would like to dig deeper. And while I feel like this has a 0.1% chance of being real, I'd also have to concede it's possible (and, of course, my bias is that I would love it if it were true). But there were far more legitimate reasons that made the Grinch leak believable--even in hindsight knowing it was fake, it's still unbelievable that it was pulled off that well. Whereas with this, people have come up with dozens of ways how this may not be real. I'd be very surprised if it was.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
The Grinch leak was far more convincing. It wasn't a blurry image, but people zoomed in on the small band that contained the character portrait. They also found a guys name and found out he worked for a company that worked with Bandai Namco, those working on Smash (there's your connection). The characters themselves moved around much like how they did in official unveilings, where a more traditional faker would have simply copy and pasted the characters in the blank spaces (this also meant that they had to recreate aspects of characters and the background that was originally covered up). And despite being zoomed in, you could easily make out most of the characters, and every new character was created from scratch. Fan art typically lacks conveying the essence of characters, and each one had those immutable characteristics--whoever faked it knew the characters and knew how they should be designed, including Easter eggs in their placements.

The only criticisms were--after people found the official background art that was shown at E3, there were small details that didn't quite match up (didn't matter, as even official art can be changed over time), as well as insiders claiming it couldn't be true, but giving very poor reasoning as to why.

And unlike Google theory, Grinch theory made sense--if there was an event to promote Smash Ultimate, it would make sense to have decorations including the final character mural (the faker included props actually used in the industry). With Google theory it makes virtually no sense why Nintendo of Europe would know all of the characters (when even higher ups at companies working with Nintendo on Smash aren't made aware their character is in the game) and why they would use only very specific search terms to link to the fighter pass several months before some are even revealed.

It's perfectly fine for those who think it's interesting and would like to dig deeper. And while I feel like this has a 0.1% chance of being real, I'd also have to concede it's possible (and, of course, my bias is that I would love it if it were true). But there were far more legitimate reasons that made the Grinch leak believable--even in hindsight knowing it was fake, it's still unbelievable that it was pulled off that well. Whereas with this, people have come up with dozens of ways how this may not be real. I'd be very surprised if it was.
Don't get me wrong, I believed the Grinch leak too but I'm looking back on it and I can now see a few fallacies with it's credibility.

First off, there were way too many characters to reveal for the last direct, August 8th until the game came out in December 7th. The August direct only had time to show two new characters and three echo fighters along with announcements of new stages. How would they be able to fit 5 newcomers and 2 echo fighters into one Smash Ultimate direct when they had the Spirits mode to talk about? I mean Nintendo directs are usually 45 minutes long and they got to add variety to them.

Secondly, I'd like to bring attention to this tweet from Rare back in June 29th:
https://twitter.com/rareltd/status/1012845868939177984?lang=en-gb (Apologies for the hyperlink but I don't know how to bring up the tweet onto the site)
This quote could have easily debunked the leak because if Rare was under NDA during the base roster, they wouldn't have said this. This pretty much fell under the radar for everyone since no one brought it up. However Rare are now radio silent on the subject of Super Smash Bros Ultimate whether because they're done telling fools twice or if they're now under NDA (Don't quote me on this, I only have the simplest idea of how Non disclosure agreements work)

For the Google Theory. Sakurai already explained back in November last year that the DLC lineup was ready and in production so the names could have gotten out there as soon as November. Also while yes it is strange that the keywords only work with European users, it could just be easier to do as they can get multiple languages done at once, however I am reaching for that argument. As far as I know nobody in Japan has tested this theory out so whether it works over there remains to be seen.

As for this quote "when even higher ups at companies working with Nintendo on Smash aren't made aware their character is in the game"
Didn't Sakurai once say that he needs these companies to work closely with him through the development of their characters? I seriously doubt that these companies would be left in the dark about their characters being in Smash for the fighter's pass. It doesn't make sense unless you're not referring to third party companies (Your comment was a bit vague about what kind of higher ups)

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
By new demographics I think they're referring to 3rd Party characters in general. As in, new franchises not already in Smash.

Brothanigus

Smash Apprentice
You do that while the rest of us get tired of this game and it's terrible character choices. Joker is the level of characters we're getting, ie terribly generic anime blade users with a down B counter and nothing original nor anyone with moveset potential and only characters that Sakurai wants.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
You do that while the rest of us get tired of this game and it's terrible character choices. Joker is the level of characters we're getting, ie terribly generic anime blade users with a down B counter and nothing original nor anyone with moveset potential and only characters that Sakurai wants.
i'm not mad at joker for being in the game, but i am mad at Incineroar and if Steve+Erdrick gets in i'll be super upset.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Joker is actually really cool and I think you're just trying to start a flame war. Please don't.

ChinaCat

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 4209 0037 4617
The way I see it is we have until E3 to get one (maybe two hopefully) characters confirmed. If what gets confirmed at E3 lines up with google theory people will speculate. At that point were going to have a bunch of boring months ahead of us until the next reveals and i figure during that lul someone will pony up and attempt to place an ad to "prove" it can be faked. Spending money on faking an ad with less than a month to go seems unlikely because it may just get deubunked at E3 anyway, but once things settle down and people get bored i'm sure someone will put the effort in.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Now that we know there was no Steve for Smash announcement today, we still have a chance to triumph!

D

Deleted member

To end the Minecraft talk from my part, I'll just say that I was hoping to see stuff about Minecraft Dungeons today and kind of expected more stuff from the reveals (not a Smash reveal doh, since that would be more likely for a Nintendo-related event).

I do feel that something involving Banjo could happen at E3, maybe alongside a Smash reveal on the best case scenario.

D

Deleted member

good, though i am still hoping a steve announcement isn't for E3
Hopefully we do get news about Minecraft Dungeon, since it has already been some time since the reveal of the game.

Banjo does seem pretty likely for Smash if we talk about E3 reveals.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Hopefully we do get news about Minecraft Dungeon, since it has already been some time since the reveal of the game.

Banjo does seem pretty likely for Smash if we talk about E3 reveals.
i honestly don't care for Minecraft Dungeons, i am praying for smash to have a character(or characters)who's not there to promote stuff.

D

Deleted member

i honestly don't care for Minecraft Dungeons, i am praying for smash to have a character(or characters)who's not there to promote stuff.
That's a fair thing to think, so I won't prevent you from doing so.

I do feel that Banjo could get revealed for Smash at E3 alongside a new game (either a sequel or remake), maybe alongside a DQ Hero too.

Time will tell, but Banjo would definitely be a cool addition to the roster.

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
Wow , this google theory was sure... Complicated. And well , if it's true , I'm only gonna buy Banjo and Kazooie.

But I personnaly don't believe it. You do you , believe it if you want , continue to dig deeper to understand the situation , be 50/50 , but I just can't believe something like that.

However , I'm still pretty confident on at least Rare replay getting a Switch edition. I still think a Banjo and Steve co-reveal at E3 is what will happen. While I would prefer Conkers over Steve , I still like Steve and Minecraft.

Ngl , the bear'n'bird is legit my last hope for a DLC character I'll enjoy.

D

Deleted member

Wow , this google theory was sure... Complicated. And well , if it's true , I'm only gonna buy Banjo and Kazooie.

But I personnaly don't believe it. You do you , believe it if you want , continue to dig deeper to understand the situation , be 50/50 , but I just can't believe something like that.

However , I'm still pretty confident on at least Rare replay getting a Switch edition. I still think a Banjo and Steve co-reveal at E3 is what will happen. While I would prefer Conkers over Steve , I still like Steve and Minecraft.

Ngl , the bear'n'bird is legit my last hope for a DLC character I'll enjoy.
My hopes are Banjo, a DQ Hero, Crash and Ryu Hayabusa.

These ones do feel cool for me and neat to pick up.

Top Bottom