• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

dlewis53

Smash Lord
My Dream God-Tier E3 Scenario:
Sora and Banjo-Kazooie are revealed as Smash DLC
Rare Replay is revealed to be coming to the Switch

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I think I'm gonna hookup my N64 again...
I never actually owned the original Banjo Kazooie. Anyone have an idea as to where it can be bought cheaply?
The average price I see it is around 20-30 dollars. I don't even see it for more than twice that(60 at most) for a regular sealed copy at a gameshop.

Albeit, I only have one shop to go off of. A fully sealed version of Rayman is somehow worth less than a fully sealed version of Quest 64. Though to be fair, supply and demand is a big thing too. Most expensive game I ever saw there was Worms: Armageddon(n64) with just the cartridge for 130 dollars. It's that damn rare. Quest 64 usually is around 8-12 bucks used, which isn't too bad for an uncommon game, despite having mediocre reception at best. Obviously most Sports(racing and sometimes wrestling, aside) go for around 4-8 dollars at most due to the extreme overstock as is.

I'd look for a pawnshop. I think I saw a decent one on E-bay for under 30, used. Might've been the UK one, but I forget. I think it was around 15 dollars? It depends how you buy games. I've found E-bay great as long as you heavily check the payment method. I dealt with an idiot who made it impossible to buy things from, so I never got a German game I wanted. -_-

D

Deleted member

I suppose it is nice for hype- and character recognition.
But there is no celebration until I see the reveal trailer.

And then, what a celebration it shall be!
Fan art! Fan fic! Fan reaction pics from over the top ********!
And maybe no wait to play.
Actually, Banjo and Kazooie, should they get in, would be a smart choice for an 'available after our presentation,' pick.
Not everyone knows them, but those who get hype watching the trailer would be able to use them right away, walking away from E3 with a new favorite character.
Ya know, the more I think about this, the more I realize it may be now or never.
(never, never. but... oh man.. I just hyped myself)
I legitmately believe that if we get a character in E3, Banjo or otherwise, it will be released right after the reveal, just like Ryu. Of course that would mean the servers would go:
All the DK games are generally available elsewhere on previous eShops, so I don’t mind if they’re not included. The main game I really want to see is the original Diddy Kong Racing with Banjo and Conker.
You know what would make me Super Hyped?

An HD version of Diddy Kong Racing ala Nitro Fueled, with Banjo, Conker, and some of the extras of the DS version (emphasis on SOME)

I would buy that **** in an attosecond.

Darkbeard

Smash Apprentice
It wouldn't be the first time they make a reference to Banjo in Sea of Thieves
View attachment 211749
They did this last July specifically to celebrate the 20th anniversary of B-K.

As for the banjo that plays in the background after seeing a megalodon, I wouldn't put too much stock in it being connected to Smash at all. More than likely, it's hinting at the banjo getting added as a new instrument, as it's played by one of the ghosts in the legend hideout (and always has been) so the banjo parts of the shanties are obviously already written.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
So is the steve in test build in August thing dead?
Aren't most longstanding leaks debunked at this point with the release of Joker? We are just back to the few people saying "Steve and Erdrick are in" who haven't said a thing about Smash since before December.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well with the new info about the fighters being worked on before November, possibly. I honestly don't know what to speculate about.
Well sakurai did say joker wasent even in development when he was revealed

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
These means either two things. They didn't start working on any DLC characters until Joker or the future DLCs are going to come out at a quicker pace since they already had some work done on other DLC characters.

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
I'd say the only stuff put in at that time was placeholders. No actual development was put in, but the placeholders seem like prep work.

D

Deleted member

Why? So far things are looking good. Is it just jitters from the wait?
Kinda I suppose

It’s just I fear that the steve testbuild thing is right after the new info. If theres anyone on here to prove me wrong go ahead I would like that to happen.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Kinda I suppose

It’s just I fear that the steve testbuild thing is right after the new info. If theres anyone on here to prove me wrong go ahead I would like that to happen.
If Steve was in a playable state since August. Why wouldn't he have been the 1st reveal? Don't you think that Steve being the first DLC character would have been a better advertisement for the Fighter Pass then Joker?

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
Kinda I suppose

A test build would imply that it was close to be revealed. I took a moment to reread the reddit and Resetera info and I am confident in saying that none of has any relevance to the fighters pass aside from extremely base prep work. None of the models were done, nothing was in a state to be revealed except for Plant. Based on the fact that Plant got a Palu guidance, it's clear Plant was set for base game. Sakurai might be a little shifty on some of his word, but I dont think he would lie about the state of the dev work for the DLC, considering it took 5 months to get 1 out.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Thought you guys would be interested in hearing about this. Chris Seavor flat out said on Twitter that he couldn't give less of a **** if Conker got in Smash, and that the idea is wishful thinking... Damn... But I'm still not giving up at all lol

maf91186

Smash Journeyman
Thought you guys would be interested in hearing about this. Chris Seavor flat out said on Twitter that he couldn't give less of a **** if Conker got in Smash, and that the idea is wishful thinking... Damn... But I'm still not giving up at all lol
Ouch. I'm sorry. Never give up though.
I still hope I'll get to see a Timber assist or mii costume....
:)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I talked to polarpanda about the resetera post and this is what she said

“he's wrong
well, he's a little off
Brave was added seperate from Joker, in 1.1
the jane + joker stuff was in 1.0, yea, but it'd make sense considering he's DLC #1”

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
The guy's not involved with Rare anymore anyway. Besides, some other person said similar things about Kazuma Kiryu. They don't control reality.

A test build would imply that it was close to be revealed. I took a moment to reread the reddit and Resetera info and I am confident in saying that none of has any relevance to the fighters pass aside from extremely base prep work. None of the models were done, nothing was in a state to be revealed except for Plant. Based on the fact that Plant got a Palu guidance, it's clear Plant was set for base game. Sakurai might be a little shifty on some of his word, but I dont think he would lie about the state of the dev work for the DLC, considering it took 5 months to get 1 out.
Although they'll definitely have to work on more than one at once, otherwise they won't reach the deadline early next year. Keeping up Joker's pattern would only result in 3 by that point.

Last edited:

LogFrog

Smash Apprentice
Was piranha plant developed around the same time as Joker even before the release of the game.

Last edited:

Dinoman96

Smash Master
The guy's not involved with Rare anymore anyway. Besides, some other person said similar things about Kazuma Kiryu. They don't control reality.
Well to be fair, if Sakurai actually did put Conker in as a full blown playable character, I'd imagine Chris Seavor would be brought in as his VA, just as he was brought back for Project Spark and even Young Conker. So Mr. Seavor dimissing it all kinda puts a huge dent in Conker's chances...not that he really ever had a chance to begin with.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Question to the room:
What is the best way everyone can see for Banjo and Kazooie's friends to be implemented?

All of them- but specifically Gruntilda and Mumbo. (Especially if we get 1 or 0 ATs).

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Well to be fair, if Sakurai actually did put Conker in as a full blown playable character, I'd imagine Chris Seavor would be brought in as his VA, just as he was brought back for Project Spark and even Young Conker. So Mr. Seavor dimissing it all kinda puts a huge dent in Conker's chances...not that he really ever had a chance to begin with.
Well, it is an extremely far shot to begin with anyway. If they pick a Rare character, they'd go with B-K or Rash first, nobody else. No way they'd ignore both of them for someone else.

What I'm saying is, Seavor's statement affects absolutely nothing. Pardon my French, but he's a quitter.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If somehow Steve was in testplay(which I feel is unlikely at the time), that means only he'd be in the game. If he was licensed for use, but couldn't be made to be playable, he might've become an NPC role instead. However, I could see him releasing along with the other Microsoft content as a good timing. This could be why there was so much confusion. Reality is, if Steve was licensed, he'll be used. Even if he was licensed originally for playable, sometimes gameplay doesn't work out. The mechanic might've not been workable, so he became a Mii costume and/or spirit. Likewise, this could be why the Minecraft boss didn't show up yet, since they're waiting for the actual playable Microsoft character(Banjo for instance), and then will fully put the rest into the final game as an update along with the DLC. A free update, of course, bar any Mii costumes.

The idea that Steve wasn't shown off first doesn't mean much in itself. It doesn't matter who is worked on first. There can be many reasons of who is revealed first. They can finish a character and reveal them later. Note the Rare Replay thing. Maybe they'd want to reveal him at the same time as Microsoft content coming to Switch. Or basically, the reveal of a character can be tied to promotional timing moreso when they were actually finished up as a character. For all we know Isabelle was done early, but the timing of which to reveal her was very smart as a way to help advertise Animal Crossing Switch. For similar reasons, the best time to reveal Banjo is when Rare Replay is revealed. Now, of course, you don't have to do that. Let's say Erdrick is in. Erdrick is not very well known outside of Japan(unlike Banjo and Steve, and incidentally Master Chief). So revealing him at a different time can be logical, especially since he has nothing to do with any of the Dragon Quest games being shown off other than, well, same franchise.

D

Deleted member

Although they'll definitely have to work on more than one at once, otherwise they won't reach the deadline early next year. Keeping up Joker's pattern would only result in 3 by that point.
You see this is what makes even more concirned about the steve test build. Why did one reset era post get my worries up so much?!

LogFrog

Smash Apprentice
Alternatively, they can use Seavor’s many Conker sounds from Project Spark. Not sure of they’re anywhere online, but there’s a ton of grunts and lines for Conker he recorded.

Question to the room:
What is the best way everyone can see for Banjo and Kazooie's friends to be implemented?

All of them- but specifically Gruntilda and Mumbo. (Especially if we get 1 or 0 ATs).
I only really can see them being mii costumes and/or spirits. I doubt they’d add new assist trophies since Joker didn’t have any, and I doubt that Grunty would be a boss for Banjo since Joker didn’t have a unique boss. Still, I really want a Mumbo mii swordfighter costume so badly.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
It definitely does, and I'm not expecting Conker to make it in Ultimate. I just want to support him for Smash in general.

Well, it is an extremely far shot to begin with anyway. If they pick a Rare character, they'd go with B-K or Rash first, nobody else. No way they'd ignore both of them for someone else.

What I'm saying is, Seavor's statement affects absolutely nothing.
Would Conker be Rare character #3 after B-K and Rash? I don't know... I just feel like Conker doesn't get enough credit for what he does solely based on Bad Fur Day selling poorly, and I don't think that's fair grounds to really judge a character. Conker has not only been the most used Rare IP in recent years (having way more representation than both B-K and Battletoads since the buyout), but he's also always promoted alongside Banjo (hell, the two even debuted in the same game). Banjo and Conker were both created to be Nintendo characters, and among the other reasons I just provided, I feel like he's worthy of a shot at the roster.

And with Joker breaking the gun rule, Conker's chances have all around increased. Plus, I really don't wanna dive back into why alcohol and swearing aren't important aspects of Conker's character because I've done that so many times...

I just don't see why Conker is a long shot to so many people. Yeah at face value looking at Bad Fur Day it's easy for someone to draw that conclusion, but when you really start looking at Conker's situation, he isn't as far-fetched as everyone seems to make him out to be. People can run to the ends of the Earth calling Conker an impossibility, but Sakurai has proved countless times that anything is possible.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Just went to pick up my copy of Mortal Kombat. Was caught totally off-guard by this sickeningly adorable plush just hanging off a rack by itself. I wasn't even aware they were still being made lol. This, the coin, the Totaku and the F4F exclusive make four. Now all I need is that sweet sweet amiibo to make it a perfect five.
Please, Sakurai?
Pleeeease?

View attachment 211623
I kinda wished they would have went with a more "N64/Classic" design with a new plush release reminiscent of the original one from 1998 or along the lines of Nintendo's and Pokemon's current line of "Official" Plushies.
BK_Banjo_Kazooie_plush.jpg

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
It definitely does, and I'm not expecting Conker to make it in Ultimate. I just want to support him for Smash in general.

Would Conker be Rare character #3 after B-K and Rash? I don't know... I just feel like Conker doesn't get enough credit for what he does solely based on Bad Fur Day selling poorly, and I don't think that's fair grounds to really judge a character. Conker has not only been the most used Rare IP in recent years (having way more representation than both B-K and Battletoads since the buyout), but he's also always promoted alongside Banjo (hell, the two even debuted in the same game). Banjo and Conker were both created to be Nintendo characters, and among the other reasons I just provided, I feel like he's worthy of a shot at the roster.

And with Joker breaking the gun rule, Conker's chances have all around increased. Plus, I really don't wanna dive back into why alcohol and swearing aren't important aspects of Conker's character because I've done that so many times...

I just don't see why Conker is a long shot to so many people. Yeah at face value looking at Bad Fur Day it's easy for someone to draw that conclusion, but when you really start looking at Conker's situation, he isn't as far-fetched as everyone seems to make him out to be. People can run to the ends of the Earth calling Conker an impossibility, but Sakurai has proved countless times that anything is possible.
I'm not saying he's impossible, but simply not the first priority for now. The bear and bird have to get in first, then we can worry about Conker after that.

Although having the fan movement be kept up in the meantime is important. Don't let Seavor's words discourage everyone.

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord

I always like how both franchises are constantly connected and heavily reminds me of how Sony and Activision did/do the same thing with Crash Bandicoot and Spyro the Dragon as both franchises have similar ties and origins, Whenever Crash comes up whether it's game or branding related Spyro almost always follows too, Banjo-Kazooie and Conker have that same kind of relationship and are viewed as Rare's "1-2 Punch" from a brand perspective.

I mean just look at the box art for Rare Replay.
81s9mAkhuZL._SY679_.jpg

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Question to the room:

I still think the idea of Banjo & Kazooie playable, Mumbo Jumbo assist, and Grunty as a boss makes the most sense. However, now that we know how DLC is handled, we’ll probably only get stickers and mii costumes. Not that I’d be complaining, because the only thing I care about is for Banjo & Kazooie to get in.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I always like how both franchises are constantly connected and heavily reminds me of how Sony and Activision did/do the same thing with Crash Bandicoot and Spyro the Dragon as both franchises have similar ties and origins, Whenever Crash comes up whether it's game or branding related Spyro almost always follows too, Banjo-Kazooie and Conker have that same kind of relationship and are viewed as Rare's "1-2 Punch" from a brand perspective.
Exactly. Similarly, most Crash fans agree that Crash has to get in before Spyro at the very least. Both getting in at once would take a miracle.

I still think the idea of Banjo & Kazooie playable, Mumbo Jumbo assist, and Grunty as a boss makes the most sense. However, now that we know how DLC is handled, we’ll probably only get stickers and mii costumes. Not that I’d be complaining, because the only thing I care about is for Banjo & Kazooie to get in.
And yet people still expect Steve to somehow come with an Ender Dragon boss under these circumstances.

Zipzter

Smash Apprentice
They did this last July specifically to celebrate the 20th anniversary of B-K.

As for the banjo that plays in the background after seeing a megalodon, I wouldn't put too much stock in it being connected to Smash at all. More than likely, it's hinting at the banjo getting added as a new instrument, as it's played by one of the ghosts in the legend hideout (and always has been) so the banjo parts of the shanties are obviously already written.
As somebody who basically injects Sea of Thieves into their bloodstream, I can attest that yes, the banjo heard is simply an instrument on the way. Now, if you guys want some interesting information from pirate land, Treasure Trove Cove has been seen in SoT artwork. Gimme a minute to find the image the name cameoed in...
sYyGkAz.jpg

You can see the island name behind the "I" in Hungering Deep. This was found on a road map for the game back in April, and while there is no information as to whether or not TTC or Jolly Roger Lagoon will ever make an appearance, Rare definitely acknowledges Banjo's minor meddlings with pirates, as seen in the mentions of Captain Blackeye in two places, both by name: Once in-game, revealing that he runs at least one trade business selling clothes, and once in a tie-in journal, providing the journal's writer with an impressive pirate story from his time on the Sea of Thieves.

Last edited:
Top Bottom