• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

maf91186

Smash Journeyman
Opossum Opossum @osby @JDCabrera
If you want to argue and think steve has better odds than banjo then do it in the social thread please this is a banjo thread not a debate thread
Please stop. Before you left for an extended period, you were a troll hating on Steve all the time. I made a mistake and just brushed it off. Then out of nowhere you pop back in and suddenly have a "let's all be cool and get along" attitude. I thought you may have matured and I was pleased. Then, almost immediately, you go right back to your obnoxious and snarky behavior and when other visitors call you out on it, you try to play the high road and invite them to leave. It's rude, upsetting, and does nothing for the image of the Banjo fanbase, save for pushing the negative image some of the gaming community already has of us. Either stick to your own "advice" or kindly find the exit. This applies to everyone. Support and friendship is welcome but toxicity is not. Thank you.

Last edited:

xenother

Smash Apprentice
Just to clarify, I've talked to xenother in the past. He talks to people like vergeben privately.

So I trust xenother in that I think he believes the info hes heard and isn't lying/making stuff up etc... and seems like a nice person. but whether or not that information comes to pass I do not know. I havent seen any characters or anything, just heard the rumors. I am expecting erdrick at this point though but I dont know he's in for sure or anything. I also have no idea if we'll see him in this rumored upcoming direct. Xenother only ever said he thought erdrick would be "soon" so even if erdrick is not in the direct it could still happen in a month or so and be considered "soon".
It was reiterated to me again from my main source and another that Erdrick is coming soon. I was given a date but I'm not able to verify at this point.

xenother xenother i don’t know if I can trust u but is there anyway I can trust you still? because I’m starting to have doubts
Like I’m confused
I'm not going to tell you what you should believe. I believe that everyone should approach video game leaks and rumors with some healthy skepticism and come to their own conclusion on what they read/hear.

The concept of leakbait is a strat employed by higher-ups for that very reason, to out leakers and stop them. It's laughable a nobody like Xenother would have connections that close to the DLC. If he had the connections like he's acting like he does, he would've predicted Plant and Joker. This guy is full of it, both him and his boot-licker Hitagi.
"Xenother" as an identity didn't even exist when Plant was revealed. I've spoken on Joker before, that was kept extremely lowkey and nobody knew about it (I've heard there were some other shenanigans surrounding the reveal, but idk what the deal with that was).

Hitagi is my my bootlicker? He barely even posts and doesn't even want to leak Smash anymore.

D

Deleted member

Please stop. Before you left for an extended period, you were a troll hating on Steve all the time. I made a mistake and just brushed it off. Then out of nowhere you pop back in and suddenly have a "let's all be cool and get along" attitude. I thought you may have matured and I was pleased. Then, almost immediately, you go right back to your obnoxious and snarky behavior and when other visitors call you out on it, you try to play the high road and invite them to leave. It's rude, upsetting, and does nothing for the image of the Banjo fanbase, save for pushing the negative image some of the gaming community already has of us. Either stick to your own "advice" or kindly find the exit. This applies to everyone. Support and friendship is welcome but toxicity is not. Thank you.
FINE I’LL LEAVE AGAIN TO WORK ON MY BEHAVIOR IF THATS WHAT YOU WANT!

BYE:glare:

I’ll be back

Last edited by a moderator:

Zipzter

Smash Apprentice
My gosh, what a show this has turned into.
Indeed. It's just 'cause time is running out for some fandoms. Shantae, Issac, Shadow, Shovel K., they've all been blown out of the water. K. Rool and Ridley fans have been blessed, and have gone silent. The remaining few that still have a good chance are fighting to show their dominance, and now with this supposed MS+Nintendo XBL crossover, a MS rep appears to be immenent. Thus, given that Halo is a stretch given its recent years, B-K and Steve really are battling it out for representation. Not to mention both fandoms have been riled up with the Grinch Leak and Verbge's "Minecraft Representation" leak respectively. The stakes are high, and people are getting antsy. The deadline is February 2020, and we are ever so slowly creeping towards that day when we know whether or not our beloved characters will ever see Final Destination for themselves.

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
Indeed. It's just 'cause time is running out for some fandoms. Shantae, Issac, Shadow, Shovel K., they've all been blown out of the water. K. Rool and Ridley fans have been blessed, and have gone silent. The remaining few that still have a good chance are fighting to show their dominance, and now with this supposed MS+Nintendo XBL crossover, a MS rep appears to be immenent. Thus, given that Halo is a stretch given its recent years, B-K and Steve really are battling it out for representation. Not to mention both fandoms have been riled up with the Grinch Leak and Verbge's "Minecraft Representation" leak respectively. The stakes are high, and people are getting antsy. The deadline is February 2020, and we are ever so slowly creeping towards that day when we know whether or not our beloved characters will ever see Final Destination for themselves.
If it means anything at least we have more to go off on. We dont have much when it comes to hard evidence, but it's more than I can say for other characters.

Zipzter

Smash Apprentice
If it means anything at least we have more to go off on. We dont have much when it comes to hard evidence, but it's more than I can say for other characters.
Very true, very true. And yet, we (B-K and Minecraft fans) don't have anything more than the other does. Banjo-Kazooie are riding on years of support, Sakurai and Phil having wanted them in, and the recent anniversary making this a prime time to add them. Steve has the unignorable win in sales and playerbase, and a spot on the Switch as a port of MC. Both contenders benefit from MS and Nintendy getting all buddy-buddy with one another. Frankly, it's honestly a 50-50 chance that either could get in. Both are wildly popular, both would sell well, both would fit well in Smash, and both are icons in their own genres of gaming. The way I see it, one of the two will make it in for sure. I root for Banjo, but I in no way ignore the fact that Steve has just as good a chance. Imma still say that B-K are previously affiliated with Nintedo, 'cause honestly that puts 'em ahead. Wouldn't hate Steve if he got in, but wouldn't be surprised either.

We have enough proof to make one giant conspiracy photo. I like those odds.
Ah, yes. We do have that. Nvm the previous post. Banjo is in. For sure. No doubt.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
For real, it's ridiculous to insist that Steve in Smash is being talked about for any reason aside from 'leaks'.

Every time a character is 'leaked' or considered 'likely', fickle fans bandwagon behind them. They always will. Steve's no different to Sceptile or Impa from Smash For or Erdrick, or even Skull Kid from Ultimate.

Characters like Isaac, K. Rool, Ridley once deconfirmed still maintained their fanbases. Geno and Banjo are still being talked about 20 years later because their fans genuinely want them in. If Steve's not in, people will move on because nobody genuinely wanted him to begin with.
To be fair; I'm not gonna let the Skull Kid love die lmao. But I do agree with the trend you're talking about.

D

Deleted member

A Banjo E3 reveal would be perfect, and to reveal him as the final DLC character.

Banjo-Kazooie
Complete the Puzzle!

Mr. Stagg

A Banjo E3 reveal would be perfect, and to reveal him as the final DLC character.

Banjo-Kazooie
Complete the Puzzle!
Having to wait that long would be torture. It would be hype hell though.

D

Deleted member

Lol it would be a long wait.

It would be the perfect time to reveal him though (if he is in). And revealing him as the final DLC character is like him completing the puzzle

D

Deleted member

E3 would be a perfect time to reveal him, but there’s no way they’d reveal the final character that early
Well, they only said that all the DLC characters would be released by Feb 2020, nothing was said about when they would be announced.

I think it's possible that all characters could be revealed by E3

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
The Duck Hunt crash, the Brave stats, the Rare spirits, and XBOX Live on the Switch are the biggest clues towards Banjo that all have some real bite behind them.

Well, they only said that all the DLC characters would be released by Feb 2020, nothing was said about when they would be announced.

I think it's possible that all characters could be revealed by E3
Sure, but then there’d be no hype for the entire rest of the year. Nintendo loves to milk the Smash hype. Why would they blow their whole load all at once?

D

Deleted member

Sure, but then there’d be no hype for the entire rest of the year. Nintendo loves to milk the Smash hype. Why would they blow their whole load all at once?
They could announce a wave 2 sometime after a potential Banjo E3 reveal, but not begin development on it until after wave 1 is released

They could announce a wave 2 sometime after a potential Banjo E3 reveal, but not begin development on it until after wave 1 is released
Why would they announce a wave 2 that far before it even begins? Lol I understand the excitement but you gotta be realistic here

D

Deleted member

Why would they announce a wave 2 that far before it even begins? Lol I understand the excitement but you gotta be realistic here
Oh, I don't think it's likely that it would be announced that far in advance if it is a thing, but I could see it happening.

Mainly though, I think Banjo would work perfectly as the final character reveal, and an E3 reveal.

Or a VGA reveal (VGAs 2019)

Mr. Stagg

Oh, I don't think it's likely that it would be announced that far in advance if it is a thing, but I could see it happening.

Mainly though, I think Banjo would work perfectly as the final character reveal, and an E3 reveal.

Or a VGA reveal (VGAs 2019)
We still have to see when Joker comes out to pin down a legit amount of time it takes for a character to be announced and then released. Joker was revealed Early December and had no work put into him. Once we get a release date we can then more accurately predict when the others will follow. I still put faith in a Banjo-kazooie E3 reveal since it'll have the most eyeballs on it, plus its relevance to the Microsoft/Nintendo partnership would be thematically based. I predict Joker could be released during E3 and it would go over onto the Banjo-kazooie reveal. I'd like to think Joker is trying to steal some golden object, only for it to be a Jiggy.

We still have to see when Joker comes out to pin down a legit amount of time it takes for a character to be announced and then released. Joker was revealed Early December and had no work put into him. Once we get a release date we can then more accurately predict when the others will follow. I still put faith in a Banjo-kazooie E3 reveal since it'll have the most eyeballs on it, plus its relevance to the Microsoft/Nintendo partnership would be thematically based. I predict Joker could be released during E3 and it would go over onto the Banjo-kazooie reveal. I'd like to think Joker is trying to steal some golden object, only for it to be a Jiggy.
That Joker-Banjo reveal idea is pretty cool, I’d love that.

However I’m still placing my bet that Joker will release in April/May and Banjo will be announced at E3 with an “available now” release date. Maybe even with a simultaneous Steve release. That seems very E3-esque

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Having to wait till around E3 for Joker would be nothing short of torture. It's gonna be before then I'm sure.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
Great I come back here to see steve trolls starting **** go talk about steve in your steve fourm you can bash banjo there if you want

the only thing steve has going for him is verg, Fan polls for YEARS since Melee world wide have been consistent with who the top characters are & with the smash ballot polls matching the content in smah ultimate its easy to see that steve from minecraft wasn't anywhere near the top of any poll but banjo was alway top 10, 5 & 3 in nearly any poll. If steve gets in its as a stage & Mii outfits

Mr. Stagg

Having to wait till around E3 for Joker would be nothing short of torture. It's gonna be before then I'm sure.
Well Plants gameplay was shown November, then released early February. Maybe during the next direct we might get some Joker gameplay. If the rumor of a direct next week is true, and Jokers gameplay drops then, the might be able pinpoint when he drops.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
We are most likely going to have to wait that long knowing how Sakurai is with the announcements.

Joker? Yes. Brave/the next DLC? Absolutely not. I'm sure we will see Joker before E3 though.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Great I come back here to see steve trolls starting **** go talk about steve in your steve fourm you can bash banjo there if you want
Yeah no, that's not at all how these things work. Stop trying to justify other people being ass hats.

the only thing steve has going for him is verg, Fan polls for YEARS since Melee world wide have been consistent with who the top characters are & with the smash ballot polls matching the content in smah ultimate its easy to see that steve from minecraft wasn't anywhere near the top of any poll but banjo was alway top 10, 5 & 3 in nearly any poll. If steve gets in its as a stage & Mii outfits
That's the Smash Bubble for you. Go into more casual communities and Steve was absolutely a big pick. I'd argue he was at his biggest on Miiverse when it was still alive...and that was before Minecraft came to Nintendo consoles. Plus online fan polls have shown to be shortsighted in the past. Case in point? We know for a fact that Castlevania characters got a lot of ballot votes, but they didn't show up often in the exit polls.

But yeah, why not talk about Banjo instead of Steve? This is the Banjo thread after all. ;)

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
That's the Smash Bubble for you. Go into more casual communities and Steve was absolutely a big pick. I'd argue he was at his biggest on Miiverse when it was still alive...and that was before Minecraft came to Nintendo consoles. Plus online fan polls have shown to be shortsighted in the past. Case in point? We know for a fact that Castlevania characters got a lot of ballot votes, but they didn't show up often in the exit polls.

But yeah, why not talk about Banjo instead of Steve? This is the Banjo thread after all. ;)
Actually, all we know is Sakurai said that Castlevania, in general, got a lot of votes. We know absolutely nothing on how well they actually did as they not only pooled all the series' votes together but also just having 1000 could be enough to say it's a lot of votes. Combine that with the ballot being more of suggestion box than an election, using that Sakurai calling Simon a ballot choice is weak mate.

Last edited:

JonSmash

Smash Ace
Stop trying to act all high & mighty we talk about steve when its relitive to the conversation & I was always on the smash miiverse steve was brought up every so often but not that mutch, casuals will like anything & castlevania did show up in polls just noth that high up around top 100 to 150ish for the most part enugh for sakurai to notice (even project M had a castlevania stage)

so take your steve bubble & shove it go on the steve form

Top Bottom