• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
I think Banjo is more likely than Steve.

For all the noise Steve supporters make, their actual numbers are ludicrously small. And in fact many people are repulsed by the idea of Steve being in Smash due to the fact that it took literally no professionalism to make him, as well as the fact that he has no personality, is little else than a skinnable player avatar, doesn't even have all that interesting a moveset kit, and his amateurish design actually gets in the way of creating a quality animated character. I am totally confident that he is not going to be in the game, and Banjo has much more going for him than Steve does.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

For all the noise Steve supporters make, their actual numbers are ludicrously small. And in fact many people are repulsed by the idea of Steve being in Smash due to the fact that it took literally no professionalism to make him, as well as the fact that he has no personality, is little else than a skinnable player avatar, doesn't even have all that interesting a moveset kit, and his amateurish design actually gets in the way of creating a quality animated character. I am totally confident that he is not going to be in the game, and Banjo has much more going for him than Steve does.
Simply being a terraformer is more than enough to make Steve unique, not to mention all of the other things at the character's disposal. You can call Steve a lot of things, but "someone who lacks moveset potential" isn't one of them.

D

Deleted member

Simply being a terraformer is more than enough to make Steve unique, not to mention all of the other things at the character's disposal. You can call Steve a lot of things, but "someone who lacks moveset potential" isn't one of them.
Steve getting in would be great news for Banjo too.
With him already in, Nintendo would not have any problem to negotiate the addition of Banjo to the roster with Microsoft in the future.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

so I see your arguments against me when I tried to explain how Steve could work were because of your own bias and not because of trying to "temper Steve fans expectations."

I am sick and tired of this Steve hate, people hate him extremely for the most ridiculous reasons which are all excuses that are minor problems or make no sense because 1. he has lot's of moveset potential 2. he can fluidly animate minus his limbs being stiff/or bending in right angles (but his frames would be smooth just fine) and 3. they can use his art-style from the website and merchandise, and they can make him expressive the same way Dungeons does it or they can change pixels on his face, making him easily fit in with Smash. If y'all actually put any thought into this, y'all would see.

If you don't like Steve, just simple say "I'd think he'd be boring" or whatever as reasons for why you wouldn't like him, stop being flipping annoying with all the "he should never touch Smash" and "he would never work lol" crap.

Plenty of people would love Steve, people in the Minecraft community like the idea and people asked for him on Miiverse back during the Smash 4 days.

I also like Banjo-Kazooie but this "war" between the two/three characters is really annoying.

If y'all wanna know why more people spoke for Steve after Vergeben's leak, it's probably because some were afraid to speak about Minecraft (as is the reason for me) because of how ridiculous the haters are, blaming the fanbase for their hate as if Smash's fanbase or literally every other media's fanbase is any better.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I am sick and tired of this Steve hate
Then here's an idea: stay out of the Banjo thread... Where you know the majority of Banjo fans dislike the idea of Steve.

You're not going to convert anyone. Nobody's going to change their mind about a character (and I use the term loosely) that they dislike just because you can't handle their dislike of said character.

Hell, maybe you'll get lucky and Nintendo will add him. That won't change the fact that people don't like him and don't want him.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
If we want to talk about movesets. I feel like he would be hard to balance if he had a building mechanic. Limit it to much and it's pointless. Don't limit it enough and you have a guy spamming bricks and arrows in the corner the whole match unable to be touched.

Everything else is standard sword, arrow, and projectile throw (potions) which would be really easy to work with

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Then here's an idea: stay out of the Banjo thread...
Here's a better idea. Grow the **** up.

For someone who complains that the Minecraft fanbase is full of little kids, you sure get upset when other kids invade your little clubhouse. You've seen numerous people here saying that enough is enough with the toxicity. Unless you mean to tell me that there's so little to talk about regarding Banjo that you need to use Steve hate as filler...and I'm sure there's a LOT you could talk about instead.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
This post was given an infraction.
Here's a better idea. Grow the **** up.

For someone who complains that the Minecraft fanbase is full of little kids, you sure get upset when other kids invade your little clubhouse. You've seen numerous people here saying that enough is enough with the toxicity. Unless you mean to tell me that there's so little to talk about regarding Banjo that you need to use Steve hate as filler...and I'm sure there's a LOT you could talk about instead.
lmao you've spent a period of days trolling character threads on smashboards. You're so boring it's laughable.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Then here's an idea: stay out of the Banjo thread... Where you know the majority of Banjo fans dislike the idea of Steve.

You're not going to convert anyone. Nobody's going to change their mind about a character (and I use the term loosely) that they dislike just because you can't handle their dislike of said character.

Hell, maybe you'll get lucky and Nintendo will add him. That won't change the fact that people don't like him and don't want him.
While it's true that most people won't change their negative thoughts about any character they don't want in, that doesn't mean we should be closed minded or tell other fans to shut up.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

If you actually read my post, you would know I actually respect people who don't like Steve. I'm not going to force my opinions down their throat until they love Steve to death.

The "hate" I was defining was the ridiculous posts where they include excuses for not liking Steve (mainly stating everything as facts so I'm not even sure if they're opinions most of the time) like "no moveset potential" "he'd never work lol they totally couldn't do anything with him even though he can already somewhat fit in" "he should never touch Smash and I'll boycott it if he does" "the fanbase is horrid" and whatever other comments like these, like they're trying to prove to everyone he shouldn't be in Smash and they have to bring his fans down.

If people could just be normal about it instead of, say, doing things like compare him to Link or use hateful wording, then I'd be completely fine with it.

I'm also a Banjo fan, so no, I'm not gonna get out.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
lmao you've spent a period of days trolling character threads on smashboards. You're so boring it's laughable.
And a quick look at your twitter shows your idea of a good post is telling someone "I ****ed your mom." You really want to play this game, dude?
Keep the thread about Banjo.

PsychoJosh

This post was given an infraction
Simply being a terraformer is more than enough to make Steve unique, not to mention all of the other things at the character's disposal..
Saying "he could terraform the stage" is literally just more painting-by-numbers garbage. There's no thought put into how exactly this would work in Smash, it's just something he does in his own game therefore he can do it here. Nevermind the complete unfeasibility of programming this to be able to work with every stage in the game, a monumental task that would basically require re-coding the game from the ground up in order to fit it in there.

so I see your arguments against me when I tried to explain how Steve could work were because of your own bias and not because of trying to "temper Steve fans expectations."
Yeah, and? What's it matter to you? I think Steve is an absolute garbage character who has no place in Smash whatsoever. I'm far from the only person in the world who thinks this, and if that bothers you then you'd better brace yourself because the OVERWHELMING MAJORITY of people feel the exact same way. There is no caveat that states people have to share your exact opinions on a character in order to have an opinion on them in Smash. If you honestly believe any of your arguments about how he's popular or how he could have SUPREMELY awful jelly-limb animations are going to make people suddenly like him you're in for a rude surprise because only the exact opposite is going to happen. The "art style" you mention from the website and merchandise is not different in any tangible way, the only difference is that it's slightly shinier, the severe design flaws with the character still remain and it just goes to show you don't really have a clue about good character design that you think "making him shinier" is all that is needed to fix the problems with the character.

Banjo is a proper character, emphasis on CHARACTER, designed by professionals, from a truly historic game that has a timeless design and charm. There is absolutely nothing timeless about Steve and it's time you learned what that word actually means before you start mouthing off about how "iconic" he is. Go learn some basic character design principles for fighting games and in general animation and see why Banjo is superior to Steve in every conceivable way. No matter which way you slice it Banjo is a more palatable choice for Smash and it's not just because he's a character people grew up with, it's because his design actually has thought put into it.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Saying "he could terraform the stage" is literally just more painting-by-numbers garbage. There's no thought put into how exactly this would work in Smash, it's just something he does in his own game therefore he can do it here. Nevermind the complete unfeasibility of programming this to be able to work with every stage in the game, a monumental task that would basically require re-coding the game from the ground up in order to fit it in there.
Are you a part of the dev team? If you're not, then I don't believe you when you say it's not feasible. A character that can alter the stage around them by building structures isn't something we really have yet. The closest thing we have is Villager's down special, but this would be a character dedicated to the concept.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
And a quick look at your twitter shows your idea of a good post is telling someone "I ****ed your mom." You really want to play this game, dude?
Keep the thread about Banjo.
Says "Keep the thread about Banjo" right after confessing to stalking my twitter. Which has nothing to do with anything.

You're a walking parody aren't you :chuckle::chuckle:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

Yeah, and? What's it matter to you? I think Steve is an absolute garbage character who has no place in Smash whatsoever. I'm far from the only person in the world who thinks this, and if you honestly believe any of your arguments about how he's popular or how he could have SUPREMELY awful jelly-limb animations are going to make people suddenly like him you've got a lot to learn. The "art style" you mention from the website and merchandise is not different in any tangible way, the only difference is that it's slightly shinier, the severe design flaws with the character still remain and it just goes to show you don't really have a clue about good character design that you think "making him shinier" is all that is needed to fix the problems with the character.

Banjo is a proper character, emphasis on CHARACTER, designed by professionals, from a truly historic game that has a timeless design and charm. There is absolutely nothing timeless about Steve and it's time you learned what that word actually means before you start mouthing off about how "iconic" he is. Go learn some basic character design principles for fighting games and in general animation and see why Banjo is superior to Steve in every conceivable way. No matter which way you slice it Banjo is a more palatable choice for Smash and it's not just because he's a character people grew up with, it's because his design actually has thought put into it.
I like Banjo more than Steve, but when it cames to sells, Minecraft has pretty much all other representing franchises in Smash beat to a pulp.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
This post was given an infraction.
Says "Keep the thread about Banjo" right after confessing to stalking my twitter. Which has nothing to do with anything.

You're a walking parody aren't you :chuckle::chuckle:
You literally advertised it in your signature, dude. Grow up.

PsychoJosh

Are you a part of the dev team? If you're not, then I don't believe you when you say it's not feasible.
This is completely fallacous reasoning. "Painting the entire sistine chapel is difficult? Oh, I'm sorry, are you a painter? If not then you need to shut up".

Villager's down special does not actually deform the stage in any way, it merely spawns a tree asset on top of it. The things you're comparing are night and day.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Please everyone. This argument has been going on for a day. Now it's just boiled down to personal attacks. >n<

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
You literally advertised it in your signature, dude. Grow up.
And it still has nothing to do with Banjo so your point is moot. All you gotta do is grow up and stop trolling character threads for days at a time man, it's really not hard.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Where are the mods at? They need to end this argument.
Hopefully they'll be here soon after the reports.

In the meantime, what songs would you like to see included with Banjo?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Yeah, and? What's it matter to you? I think Steve is an absolute garbage character who has no place in Smash whatsoever. I'm far from the only person in the world who thinks this, and if you honestly believe any of your arguments about how he's popular or how he could have SUPREMELY awful jelly-limb animations are going to make people suddenly like him you've got a lot to learn. The "art style" you mention from the website and merchandise is not different in any tangible way, the only difference is that it's slightly shinier, the severe design flaws with the character still remain and it just goes to show you don't really have a clue about good character design that you think "making him shinier" is all that is needed to fix the problems with the character.

And you continue to not even read my posts.

1. I don't even like the jelly-limb idea, actually read what I say about animating him...

2. While I do think he's iconic, I don't care about that when wanting a character; that's not why he should get in, that's just a reason why they might want him. I hardly ever bring this point up, anyway.

3. He has plenty of moveset potential, even ignoring the building idea.

4. Steve could work very well; after all, he wouldn't be the only character with stiff-limbed movements, if they don't just make his limbs move in right-angles (not jelly limbs).

5. I also love Banjo-Kazooie, and I see no problem with Steve's design. His game is blocks, so he's gonna be blocks. I even gave examples for how they could animate him and make him expressive, yet you ignore what I actually say/only skim through it while tossing most of it out the window...

Contrary to Smash Bubble beliefs a lot of people actually like blocks and block characters. Steve could even derive his personality from how he has to live with his surroundings, like Villager does...

Last edited:

PsychoJosh

I like Banjo more than Steve, but when it cames to sells, Minecraft has pretty much all other representing franchises in Smash beat to a pulp.
There are vastly more important criteria to consider than sales. If sales were all that mattered then we would have gotten Grand Theft Auto and COD characters a long time ago.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Where are the mods at? They need to end this argument.
Nah it's fine. I just won't reply to Steve marks anymore.

This kinda toxic garbage is why I stopped posting on Smashboards to begin with, I only popped in occasionally to this thread to see what was going on, and became more active again with the IGC stuff but I'm being well reminded why I left in the first place.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

Sprial Mountain
Gruntilda's Lair
Gruntilda Battle
Click Clock Wood
Mad Monster Mansion
Isle O Hags
Witchy World
Hailfire Peaks
Jolly Roger's Lagoon
Hag 1

Last edited:

JonSmash

Smash Ace
Can we get a mod in here Opossum I clearly here to start **** & only talks about steve in a banjo thread going so far as to check other peoples twitter to start drama in the banjo fourm

if you don't like "are little banjo club" GET THE **** OUT ! you don't even talk about banjo

he has deraild the conversation for days already MODS WHERE YOU AT ?

D

Deleted member

This main sound weird but I would like some Diddy Kong Racing and Conker tunes, outside of covers of many songs from the N64 duology, the GBA games and Nuts & Bolts.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Personally I hope we get the Click Clock Woods theme if we get Banjo. That and Gruntilda's theme are probably my favorites from the series.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
If you ask me, no one came in here to start crap. I'm not seeing anyone who brings up Steve also being hateful.

Just some people who like Banjo-Kazooie but are fed up with the very hateful Steve comments because they like him too, some are even discussing Banjo topics.

Heck I wouldn't be surprised if some people who don't care about Steve are also tired of the hateful stuff; just say something like "he's boring and I don't like him/want him" and go on, don't make up reasons as to how he'd "never work" and all that plus hateful, toxic comments about Steve...

It's very uncomfortable being a B-K + Steve fan...

-I might sound a little hateful, but I'm getting tired of putting up with all this.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I have a feeling that Grant Kirkhope would love to work on some Banjo covers if the Spiral Mountain duo got in Smash.
The man seems passionated about making music.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Come to think of it, we still don't know how many songs each fighter will get, do we?

I'd hope for at least five per character.

PsychoJosh

Well I pretty much assumed it as such because you talk about him as being very problematic as if he 100% couldn't work in Smash or fit at all when looking at it in an objective way.
If they redesigned him the same way they redesigned Pit, as in a completely new art style that does away with the problems of old Steve, then I wouldn't be so against him. In fact I might even support him.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
If they redesigned him the same way they redesigned Pit, as in a completely new art style that does away with the problems of old Steve, then I wouldn't be so against him. In fact I might even support him.
that's understandable.

y'see the main reason why I was arguing was because you seemed to be trying to state facts; I was just trying to show how he could work based on that. also because people typically state similar "facts" while sometimes being hateful with them.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Come to think of it, we still don't know how many songs each fighter will get, do we?

I'd hope for at least five per character.
I guess it depends on how generous the company decides to be with the rights. We might get 2, we might get 20.

Top Bottom