• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Fakol

Smash Cadet
Banjo Kazooie will comeback in 2019 right? Tell me Rareware is what they want tease in their last tweet.

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
If Game & Watch can be given personality, Steve can too. I think Steve is still a very real possibility personally, but obviously we know who I'm really rooting for.
Fair enough on that. There's no doubt Sakurai can make anything work these days. More power to Sakurai if he can pull it off, I'm just arguing that even considering G&W, Steve still cannot work based on his character design ethic.

G&W fits this design ethic due to his attacks referencing his past games. His unique gimmick is being a flat sprite and transforming from one pose to another.

Sakrai can make it work, and there is a small chance the Minecrapper gets in, but I argue that he'll be betraying his own design philosophy with the inclusion of Steve. Based on how they've been catering to fan demand I totally see Banjo getting in despite the troll campaign against them. He's remained consistent so far, I highly doubt he'll throw that away for some non-character like Blockhead.

Banjo Kazooie will comeback in 2019 right? Tell me Rareware is what they want tease in their last tweet.
Phil Spencer also made a tweet talking about spending the day with Rare discussing their future plans. Sounds like 2019 could actually have something in store

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Probably nothing but thought I'd point it out. I saw a Banjo-Kazooie amiibo today at the mall at EB Games. Figured I'd tell you guys.

StormC

Smash Hero
A store an hour away from me got one and my friend picked it up for me.

image0.jpg

Last edited:

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
I'm losing a little faith in the bear and bird if not even Rare doesn't seem to want to give them the time of day.... I know its a different Rare than the ones that made Banjo-Kazooie but still...

Help me believe, Banjo & Kazooie still have a chance!!!

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
I'm losing a little faith in the bear and bird if not even Rare doesn't seem to want to give them the time of day.... I know its a different Rare than the ones that made Banjo-Kazooie but still...

Help me believe, Banjo & Kazooie still have a chance!!!
They actually give them the time of day a lot on Twitter. It just never amounts to anything other than reminiscing.

Last edited:

Mr. Stagg

They actually give them the time of day a lot on Twitter. It just never amounts to anything other than reminiscing.
If it means anything, Banjo-kazooie tweets have been a little quiet at Rare ever since the DLC was decided.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
People comment about it on almost every single one of their tweets, and they used to respond ocassionally but they haven’t in quite a while. Same for other Rare employees on twitter
Don’t get too invested in silence. Shantae fans learned this the hard way (though as a supporter of her, I’m glad she’s in the game period).

Either way, it can mean one of 2 things:
1. Banjo is in the game in some form.
2. Rare just refuses to reply. After all, they’re not related to Smash bar a few things from DK and Star Fox that they made. And even then, they’re not credited in game (except as composer in some tracks)

JonSmash

Smash Ace
i can't be the only one shocked that both shovel kinght & shantae got into smash bros & diddn't get mii costumes !?

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
i can't be the only one shocked that both shovel kinght & shantae got into smash bros & diddn't get mii costumes !?
To be fair, all third party Mii Costumes from 4 were cut so my guess is DLC. Same could apply if Banjo, Steve, whoever brings costumes with them.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Don’t get too invested in silence. Shantae fans learned this the hard way (though as a supporter of her, I’m glad she’s in the game period).

Either way, it can mean one of 2 things:
1. Banjo is in the game in some form.
2. Rare just refuses to reply. After all, they’re not related to Smash bar a few things from DK and Star Fox that they made. And even then, they’re not credited in game (except as composer in some tracks)
And even after the Shantae spirit reveal, WF still doesn't respond to Smash-related tweets...If WF is mourning, they're certainly needing a lot of time to recover emotionally.

That one is a fair point, but it's still a better idea than assuming any Minecraft-related event will lead to a Steve reveal (I learned that the hard way with X018).

In any case, a third possibility is that B-K's anniversary has ended, so there's no point in bringing them up now. Honestly wouldn't be surprised if this ends up ringing true.

Last edited:

Mr. Stagg

To be fair, all third party Mii Costumes from 4 were cut so my guess is DLC. Same could apply if Banjo, Steve, whoever brings costumes with them.
My ideal scenario would be a Banjo-kazooie fighter with a Steve Mii Costume. The salt would be glorious. I remember seeing a modded Steve Mii swordfighter a while back and that honestly makes the most sense considering people recognize the diamond sword better than Steve himself.

And even after the Shantae spirit reveal, WF still doesn't respond to Smash-related tweets...If WF is mourning, they're certainly needing a lot of time to recover emotionally.

That one is a fair point, but it's still a better idea than assuming any Minecraft-related event will lead to a Steve reveal (I learned that the hard way with X018).

In any case, a third possibility is that B-K's anniversary has ended, so there's no point in bringing them up now. Honestly wouldn't be surprised if this ends up ringing true.
I don’t think anniversaries are really anything to go off of though. Making announcements to coincide with an anniversary is a nice idea, but when have they ever actually done that? I wouldn’t lose hope over it

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I don’t think anniversaries are really anything to go off of though. Making announcements to coincide with an anniversary is a nice idea, but when have they ever actually done that? I wouldn’t lose hope over it
Back during the Smash 4 Miiverse days, some characters did have some anniversary relation to their reveal.

:4littlemac: in particular was revealed to coincide with Punch Outs 30th anniversary. :4lucario: was also announced the day Brawl turned 6 in Japan.

That said, most vets were revealed to coincide with a new game. (Such as :4olimar: with Pikmin 3 or :4zelda: because Link Between Worlds came out in December in Japan)

Also it feels weird using Smash 4 icons after Ultimate having been out.

Finally: Auto correct is stupid at times and made me edit this post due to thinking Miiverse meant “universe”. I don’t want to think how that connection is made.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Back during the Smash 4 Miiverse days, some characters did have some anniversary relation to their reveal.

:4littlemac: in particular was revealed to coincide with Punch Outs 30th anniversary. :4lucario: was also announced the day Brawl turned 6 in Japan.

That said, most vets were revealed to coincide with a new game. (Such as :4olimar: with Pikmin 3 or :4zelda: because Link Between Worlds came out in December in Japan)

Also it feels weird using Smash 4 icons after Ultimate having been out.

Finally: Auto correct is stupid at times and made me edit this post due to thinking Miiverse meant “universe”. I don’t want to think how that connection is made.
I remember people more or less saying "Little Mac is the ONLY time this happened", so it's good to see some more examples.

Speaking of anniversaries, Mother will be turning 30 soon, which has Porky fans thinking something will happen then. Not that I'm expecting it to happen anyway, given Nintendo and Itoi's stance on the Mother series.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
If we got Steve as a fighter with Banjo as a Mii costume that be so heart shattering. It would a literal fact that they don't care to add characters we want to the roster and at most what we affect is Mii costumes and spirits.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
It would probably be better that Banjo not be added at all if the option is Mii costume or nothing. Though Chrom and Inkling started off that way, so I dunno.

Honestly I think if Banjo is making it in at all it'll be a Fighter, but Geno ended up being a Smash 4 Mii costume and an Ultimate Spirit, so what do I know, hah.

frostare

Smash Rookie
Banjo-Kazooie in Smash would pull my nostalgia goggles' rubber band and release them on my face. I grew up with this thing and considered it the best game. Taking those off, I gotta say the stage seems to be setting up but, it's hard to see it finished.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
If we got Steve as a fighter with Banjo as a Mii costume that be so heart shattering. It would a literal fact that they don't care to add characters we want to the roster and at most what we affect is Mii costumes and spirits.
That would be the ultimate slap to the face, and I seriously hope things don't play out like that.

Mr. Stagg

That would be the ultimate slap to the face, and I seriously hope things don't play out like that.
There would be a significant backlash if that was the case. Nintendo has shown they are listening to the fans. We already have a bear mii costume and I believe Nintendo doesn't like redundancy.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
There would be a significant backlash if that was the case. Nintendo has shown they are listening to the fans. We already have a bear mii costume and I believe Nintendo doesn't like redundancy.
That's good, seeing as some people think Rayman would end up getting in as an AT...

I mean, why put Sukapon in here then? That takes away what's unique about his AT functionality.

Mr. Stagg

Organization XIII

Smash Champion

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
I have a hard time imagining Banjo as a Mii costume... while yes K. Rool and some other popular choices got Mii costumes in Smash 4 we can see now that it was an at the time answer to their ballot popularity... which we now know that they were planned for Ultimate anyway at least in the case of Isabelle, K. Rool, Inkling, and Chrom.

But the ballot is done Nintendo saw who was popular and who wasn't and I have a hard time believing Banjo didn't do well on it.. I see people complain when the fan polls from the ballot era are cited as evidence of character performance but at this point it's clear that just about every ballot choice appears in Ultimate in some form all but Banjo-Kazooie.. which leads me to believe we will see Banjo in one way or another..

While I understand the Steve possibility it just doesn't seem realistic to me... Again. Steve has never come up in requests until Vergeben mentioned him and even then the reaction was mostly negative. Banjo has had a strong following for years. He's been in the top on fan polls since the ballot started... Nintendo, Sakurai, Rare, and Microsoft are all very well aware of his popularity.... all that plus his more than likely strong ballot performance to me makes Banjo seem 1,000x more likley than Steve. Not to mention we have two Rare games in the code... which is another strong sign for Banjo.... could we get both? Yes. I can't however see Steve over Banjo at all.

I doubt that MS and Nintendo would be so bold as to choose a character no one was really asking for over a character clearly most if not everyone is asking for. This goes back to the old debate on the K. Rool forums of K. Rool vs Dixie Kong.

On the one hand you had K. Rool...

Wasn't in a game in a decade
Nintendo seemingly ignoring him
Was made a Mii outfit over DLC

And Dixie..

Popular
Was in the latest entry in the series
Was getting remarketed with the TF port

The scales had looked tipped in Dixie's favor.... the only thing we had was the ballot meanwhile Dixie had the recent game and being back in the modern DK spotlight during a period where Nintendo was trying to sell the TF port plus she was also popular on the ballot. The scales seemed tipped in her favor for sure.. in the end though K. Rools popularity ended up getting him the spot and unfortunately Dixie (barring DLC of course) missed out this time... an interesting thing with Dixie I could have sworn she had a Mii costume in the data mine but I have yet to unlock it and I have yet to see anyone else do so.. is it even there??

Anyway the Banjo vs Steve situation sounds similar... one character who is more popular suffers from lack of recency meanwhile the other is from an active franchise that is popular and would be more recognized at face value being so recent... but truth be told I feel in these situatuons that popularity is winning the day. After all Chrom wouldn't have gotten into Ultimate if it wasn't for his popularity.. Geno.. is an interesting situation.. his Mii Costume is absent as is pretty much most if not all 3rd parties.. which makes me question whether it's due to his possible DLC inclusion or them reselling the costume again as a part of a Mii outfit pack.. they have his spirit so they got permission to use his license... either way Banjo seems to big for a Mii costume with the ballot taken into consideration which I believe it will be in his inclusion.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
I have a hard time imagining Banjo as a Mii costume... while yes K. Rool and some other popular choices got Mii costumes in Smash 4 we can see now that it was an at the time answer to their ballot popularity... which we now know that they were planned for Ultimate anyway at least in the case of Isabelle, K. Rool, Inkling, and Chrom.

But the ballot is done Nintendo saw who was popular and who wasn't and I have a hard time believing Banjo didn't do well on it.. I see people complain when the fan polls from the ballot era are cited as evidence of character performance but at this point it's clear that just about every ballot choice appears in Ultimate in some form all but Banjo-Kazooie.. which leads me to believe we will see Banjo in one way or another..

While I understand the Steve possibility it just doesn't seem realistic to me... Again. Steve has never come up in requests until Vergeben mentioned him and even then the reaction was mostly negative. Banjo has had a strong following for years. He's been in the top on fan polls since the ballot started... Nintendo, Sakurai, Rare, and Microsoft are all very well aware of his popularity.... all that plus his more than likely strong ballot performance to me makes Banjo seem 1,000x more likley than Steve. Not to mention we have two Rare games in the code... which is another strong sign for Banjo.... could we get both? Yes. I can't however see Steve over Banjo at all.

I doubt that MS and Nintendo would be so bold as to choose a character no one was really asking for over a character clearly most if not everyone is asking for. This goes back to the old debate on the K. Rool forums of K. Rool vs Dixie Kong.

On the one hand you had K. Rool...

Wasn't in a game in a decade
Nintendo seemingly ignoring him
Was made a Mii outfit over DLC

And Dixie..

Popular
Was in the latest entry in the series
Was getting remarketed with the TF port

The scales had looked tipped in Dixie's favor.... the only thing we had was the ballot meanwhile Dixie had the recent game and being back in the modern DK spotlight during a period where Nintendo was trying to sell the TF port plus she was also popular on the ballot. The scales seemed tipped in her favor for sure.. in the end though K. Rools popularity ended up getting him the spot and unfortunately Dixie (barring DLC of course) missed out this time... an interesting thing with Dixie I could have sworn she had a Mii costume in the data mine but I have yet to unlock it and I have yet to see anyone else do so.. is it even there??

Anyway the Banjo vs Steve situation sounds similar... one character who is more popular suffers from lack of recency meanwhile the other is from an active franchise that is popular and would be more recognized at face value being so recent... but truth be told I feel in these situatuons that popularity is winning the day. After all Chrom wouldn't have gotten into Ultimate if it wasn't for his popularity.. Geno.. is an interesting situation.. his Mii Costume is absent as is pretty much most if not all 3rd parties.. which makes me question whether it's due to his possible DLC inclusion or them reselling the costume again as a part of a Mii outfit pack.. they have his spirit so they got permission to use his license... either way Banjo seems to big for a Mii costume with the ballot taken into consideration which I believe it will be in his inclusion.
Dixie versus K Rool is an interesting example but let's not forget Geno and Cloud. A popular fan pick versus a big name 3rd party and the big name is who they went with. Now with hindsight you'd look at it and go of course they went with Final Fantasy over Geno Final Fantasy is massive but then compare the situation and see how easy it would be for Minecraft to end up in a similar situation.

Rubberfrog

Smash Apprentice
Making the game function as intended is far from listening
To be fair, Nintendo has been listening to us quite a bit. They've added Ridley, K.Rool, and Simon, all of which have been highly requested for years. Based off of Banjo's popularity, the Rare spirits datamine, and Rareware's new year post on Twitter, I think Banjo may have a good shot at getting in.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
To be fair, Nintendo has been listening to us quite a bit. They've added Ridley, K.Rool, and Simon, all of which have been highly requested for years. Based off of Banjo's popularity, the Rare spirits datamine, and Rareware's new year post on Twitter, I think Banjo may have a good shot at getting in.
I'd scratch Simon from that list. I won't say Simon had zero support but you'd be hard pressed to prove he had any major support. The other two were nice but then I look at the rest of the newcomers and it's not a very fine balance.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
It is ridiculously difficult to balance adding older characters and new ones (even if Zelda gets passed over 98% of the time), when you consider that Nintendo never stops getting new ones, and those take priority for having people be aware of recent games. And even then most newer ones don't necessarily get to make it (see the GBA and DS eras).

Another thing to keep in mind is that the old Brawl poll that was conducted in Japan had a bunch of characters on it that eventually joined the roster, so it stands to reason that they'll most likely be using the Smash 4 ballot for the next few games, in terms of pooling for older characters.

Last edited:
Top Bottom