• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Mario9919

Smash Apprentice
This I would love to happen. Seeing Banjo back on a Nintendo again would be a nice surprise. And Mircosoft would be willing to let Nintendo use Banjo for Smash.

Hodin

Smash Apprentice
Alright, you've potentially proven me wrong on the size argument, but even the Ken render looked better than that Dixie. She honestly looks like a fan imitation of a Smashified piece. The hair is most certainly out of place and her eyes aren't right. Diddy and Donkey have actual eyelids where as that wink she's doing is just her pupil constricting like some old-timey cartoon. It's not consistent with what we already know, or even the Geno picture it came with. It's not real, man.
Kong art has shown her winking with pupils in the past.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
yeah but bowser still has monster noises & his son & koopalings have there normal voices so I don't think sakurai cares about how she winks & look at zelda they are all from diffrent desings Oot has Young Link & ganon, BOTW Link & Sheik ? (would of made sense to have her Oot look since we have young link & ganon already & it being the only game she was actually IN & her not being in BOTW) toon link being toon & zelda being from ZALTTP so dixie's wink don't proove anything to me right now ;)

plus diddy's super mario line amiibo has the eye dot wink, i feel like with teeth wether dk or diddy has teeth or not & with eye lids its just interchangeable with the kongs

Last edited:

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
Uh-oh. I just saw this in the General Speculation thread...

Suddenly, new franchises look a lot less likely.
This could easily just be Nintendo wanting them to cover their tracks and hide an unintentional leak to make the true stage total seem more ambiguous. I'm not calling doomsday on new franchises just yet.

UnknownJ25

Smash Journeyman

I defenitly think this is them just hiding a possible leak, I still expect like 1 or 2 new franchises

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
Meh, I'm a box theory believer, (lesser the salt) but you can't confirm anything till the final reveal or serious leaks. Magazines and press are working with what they have right now or what they are allowed to publish. Yeah, Sakurai himself confirmed the 103 stages thing... But... You know, seems weird. It's like "no more new franchises people". Wait and see guys.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

Yeah, confirmation is only if they issued a correction with a statement from Nintendo, or if Nintendo themselves clear the record (which they can if we already know the total stage count, but would keep secret if not). If anything, this means we're still where we were before--108 was never "confirmed" either, we were just waiting to hear from Nintendo.

...any day now...

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I started replaying Banjo-Kazooie awhile ago, I'm at Bubblegloop Swamp right now. I'm going to play through both Kazooie and Tooie again before Ultimate comes out.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Playing Banjo-Kazooie too right now on the N64, Just finished Mad Monster Mansion right now and will be heading into Rusty Bucket Bay later tonight or tomorrow.

TheTreasonousSnowmad

Smash Journeyman
I started replaying Banjo-Kazooie awhile ago, I'm at Bubblegloop Swamp right now. I'm going to play through both Kazooie and Tooie again before Ultimate comes out.
That's what I'm doing with the Castlevania games, except for the first time. Now, that you mention it though, I wouldn't mind reliving Mad Monster Mansion again before Halloween.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Alright, you've potentially proven me wrong on the size argument, but even the Ken render looked better than that Dixie. She honestly looks like a fan imitation of a Smashified piece. The hair is most certainly out of place and her eyes aren't right. Diddy and Donkey have actual eyelids where as that wink she's doing is just her pupil constricting like some old-timey cartoon. It's not consistent with what we already know, or even the Geno picture it came with. It's not real, man.

Sorry it took me so long to reply.... I'm working overtime at my job so I haven't had time to jump onto the boards..

In regards to Dixies eyes...

giphy.gif

Blinking the pupils is nothing new.. yes Diddy has eye lids but his eyes lids are fused into one big eyelid when you look at them, so closing his eyes or making an angry expression us easy because they can close together or bend into a V shape.. winking is more subtle and the design of both his and dixies eyelids would look awkward doing it so their cartoon pupils do it.. again this is a very subtle detail that I think a faker wouldn't consider they'd have just made Dixie look in whatever direction without that specific flair.

As for her hair, yes it's quite dynamic but considering her hair is the length of her body I'd say it's in the right place, go check pics of Beyonetta, Palutena, Zero Suit Samus, any of the characters with long hair their hair moves pretty wildly. If it's fake it had way more thought put into it than its being given credit for.

Yes it could be fake and if it is, it is.... I can live with being wrong.. but im feeling good about it.

GreyJinjo

Smash Cadet
does anyone have a good picture of B&K’s alternate colors from the banjo-tooie multiplayer mode? I cant find a good picture of them and i wanna see them.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
but was it the same guy who posted the geno leak ? or was the banjo dixie leak just in the same forum ?

NIckynickreviews

Smash Cadet
We don't know if it was the same guy. In the original forum post, he said banjo, dixie, Geno along with the Banjo/dixie pic. Then another anon posted the Geno pic later in the forum, saying he was able to snap it quickly

puremrz

Smash Apprentice
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77118331

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/9q5bsDS

It’s definately over for the geno and Dixie/banjo leak

The dude finally stepped forward after we solved it.

Bare in mind the leaks debunked doesn’t hurt Dixie, Banjo and Geno at all

Good, now we can finally focus on what's important. Like what Banjo's final smash should be how BK's reveal trailer should play out and at what point you'd lose your mind as you realize what it is about.

My reveal trailer:

You see a blue sky *heavy sweating*
The Switch logo walks by as Ridley flies around *vision goes blurry*
The Smash logo appears and Ridley flies into it *uncontrollable shaking*
The screen pans down as Ridley falls into a pond at the bottom of a waterfall *lack of oxygen leaves me gasping*
Banjo appears and knocks on the screen *hysterical screaming*
The rest of the opening plays out with Isabelle being Tooty and R.O.B. being Mumbo Jumbo *at this moment the neighbors have alerted the police*

Sakurai: That's right, Banjo and Kazooie have arrived as assist trophies. Now that all assist trophies have been announced - and it's such a shame they will never be fighters - let's watch the final reveal trailer which is about another recent animal duo. [Cue Gruntilda laugh]

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

TheTreasonousSnowmad

Smash Journeyman
Sorry it took me so long to reply.... I'm working overtime at my job so I haven't had time to jump onto the boards..

In regards to Dixies eyes...

View attachment 170965

Blinking the pupils is nothing new.. yes Diddy has eye lids but his eyes lids are fused into one big eyelid when you look at them, so closing his eyes or making an angry expression us easy because they can close together or bend into a V shape.. winking is more subtle and the design of both his and dixies eyelids would look awkward doing it so their cartoon pupils do it.. again this is a very subtle detail that I think a faker wouldn't consider they'd have just made Dixie look in whatever direction without that specific flair.

As for her hair, yes it's quite dynamic but considering her hair is the length of her body I'd say it's in the right place, go check pics of Beyonetta, Palutena, Zero Suit Samus, any of the characters with long hair their hair moves pretty wildly. If it's fake it had way more thought put into it than its being given credit for.

Yes it could be fake and if it is, it is.... I can live with being wrong.. but im feeling good about it.
That's not Smash though. And you have to remember that, with the perspective we we see her in, her hair would be slightly longer than what we can see. What we can see is the perfect length, but the addition of what we're not seeing just makes it too long and it'd look awkward with her in a neutral pose facing sideways.

If all that's not enough for you though, then the faker himself said he just made them as sketches and intentionally tried to make them appear as lower quality than Geno.

D

Deleted member

THIS RIGHT HERE NEEDS TO F***ING STOP!!! V
Image right here
Ever since verge said Steve will be playable people started bullying banjo & shantae supporters since they said he counts as a Microsoft/indie rep. and these are starting to become a thing now. I want this to end Steve doesn’t deserve to be part of the roster banjo dose:(so dose shantae.

Also that Steve model is hideous as f***!

Edit: looks like the picture isn’t showing up I put in a link

Last edited by a moderator:

JonSmash

Smash Ace
Banjo is a Rare rep
Steve is a Mojang rep
& Mastercheif would be the microsoft rep

thats how sakurai would see it just like Megaman was the capcom rep & ryu was the historical fighting game rep as well as a capcom rep sakurai has his own way of veiwing these things unlike fans who see it as black & wight

I also STILL don't get the STEVE IS A 100% LOCK or STEVE IS VERY LIKELY A BASE GAME CHARACTER ? clearly trolls & sheaple steve has had NO polling sugnifigance from 2015 to NOW he still isn't that talked about exept all the sheap who follow verg even gamexplain have said Doh i can see steve making it in base game & banjo as DLC. despite verg not saying A WORD about KING K ROOL

Gemini-Gene

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fairlight92
Switch FC
SW 7459 3215 2216
Image right here
Ever since verge said Steve will be playable people started bullying banjo & shantae supporters since they said he counts as a Microsoft/indie rep. and these are starting to become a thing now. I want this to end Steve doesn’t deserve to be part of the roster banjo dose:(so dose shantae.

I think that Steve meme came from /v/. I've seen other pics with this ugly Steve model and its always used to **** on other potential newcomer choices.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
That's not Smash though. And you have to remember that, with the perspective we we see her in, her hair would be slightly longer than what we can see. What we can see is the perfect length, but the addition of what we're not seeing just makes it too long and it'd look awkward with her in a neutral pose facing sideways.

If all that's not enough for you though, then the faker himself said he just made them as sketches and intentionally tried to make them appear as lower quality than Geno.

OK and like I said if I was wrong, I'm wrong. That's life, I give kudo's to the faker he had some great small details that I didn't thibk someone making a fake would consider.

What a shame to be wrong because we all lose and don't get Banjo.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's already been 10 years since Nuts and Bolts

And Nuts and Bolts relied on the the nostalgia of Banjo Kazooie

The nostalgia focused game is as old now as the original was to it

ryuu seika

Smash Master
You see a blue sky *meh*
The Switch logo walks by as Ridley flies around *mixed emotions, mostly confusion*
The Smash logo appears and Ridley flies into it *uncertain if Rare reference because Rare announcement or just mocking me*
The screen pans down as Ridley falls into a pond at the bottom of a waterfall *excitement starting, happy to be rid of Ridley*
Banjo appears and knocks on the screen *let's be honest, if I had a chair I'd fall off it, I'd not be prepared for that 4th wall break and would jump in shock*
The rest of the opening plays out with Isabelle being Tooty and R.O.B. being Mumbo Jumbo *elated shock contines*

Sakurai: That's right, Banjo and Kazooie have arrived as assist trophies. Now that all assist trophies have been announced - and it's such a shame they will never be fighters - let's watch the final reveal trailer which is about another recent animal duo. [Cue Gruntilda laugh] *miffedly thinking "figures" to myself over and over - every other newcomer I've wanted has either been ignored or assisted, after all*
Edited for my reactions.

puremrz

Smash Apprentice
Image right here

You did it. You committed the ultimate sin. You actually dared to post that picture in here. This thread will never be the same again, forever tainted by S͠t̞͙̱ͅe͚ͅv̶̳̳̬e̘̱̺̩

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Image right here

Great, now Connorb0t's sticking his sticky, slimy, stumps of what barely resemble fingers, into this thread too, with his dastardly incantations, of pure, and unprocessed evil, unlike no man has ever seen the likes of before.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Welcome all. Grunty’s the name. Banjos here to play my game.

Finish it with me!

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So I just finished replaying Banjo-Kazooie and it was a wonderful experience as always. Later on today I'm going to start replaying Banjo-Tooie.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Hey,

This isn't me trying to discourage any Banjo fans because I myself would scream if he was announced, but I noticed that Sakurai said this regarding Banjo in Melee (I don't visit this thread too often so forgive me if this is something that's been mentioned a thousand times already):

“Incidentally, including a character from Rare in Smash would be difficult for various reasons. I know there are some people who think that Banjo & Kazooie are an obvious inclusion, but that’s unlikely for a variety of legal and financial reasons.”

With 3rd party characters being regular additions since Brawl and Phil Spencer giving the thumbs up on Xbox's end, do you guys think that Sakurai's statement still holds up?

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Hey,

This isn't me trying to discourage any Banjo fans because I myself would scream if he was announced, but I noticed that Sakurai said this regarding Banjo in Melee (I don't visit this thread too often so forgive me if this is something that's been mentioned a thousand times already):

“Incidentally, including a character from Rare in Smash would be difficult for various reasons. I know there are some people who think that Banjo & Kazooie are an obvious inclusion, but that’s unlikely for a variety of legal and financial reasons.”

With 3rd party characters being regular additions since Brawl and Phil Spencer giving the thumbs up on Xbox's end, do you guys think that Sakurai's statement still holds up?
Where is the source on that quote?
Curious is all.

EDIT: I guess that was during the Melee days? If so, times have certainly changed since then. I find them more on the radar these days and COULD considered for Ultimate.

Last edited:
Top Bottom