• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I'm waiting and hoping for a retail store listing to leak Rare Replay for Switch.

I'm looking at you Walmart.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
So they are gone? What does that mean about the leak itself now?
Hard to say. If they are real, Nintendo will make sure they come back. If they're fake, it's already over with.

They're not unlike Youtube and other websites. Many won't actually try to look into if the complaint is valid or not, and will take care of it immediately to avoid any kind of issues possible. That can be things like being sued, losing their ad revenue, etc. Websites are pretty much at the whim of complaints in that sense. To some degree, anyway. It's a lot more context-dependent.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Hard to say. If they are real, Nintendo will make sure they come back. If they're fake, it's already over with.

They're not unlike Youtube and other websites. Many won't actually try to look into if the complaint is valid or not, and will take care of it immediately to avoid any kind of issues possible. That can be things like being sued, losing their ad revenue, etc. Websites are pretty much at the whim of complaints in that sense. To some degree, anyway. It's a lot more context-dependent.
I guess you are right, Chinder, and by guess, I mean completely know. I am betting on the latter possibility you said, by the way.

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
I'm not going all-in on Google theory, but people laughing at those who are considering it/find it plausible need to get off their high-horse. It's not like Nintendo hasn't slipped up before, even in obvious cases.
I think one thing to take away from all this is how much trouble the alleged "Faker" would be in. If this was indeed fake, Google would know who paid for them and would honor Nintendo's wish to know who did it for legal action to be taken. I dont doubt people would pay money to troll, but I do doubt someone would be willing to face a lawsuit from Nintendo.

Adding onto how long and how many ads were set up, its possible the monetary cost would be several hundred, maybe thousands of dollars. Pile legal costs on that and you've got a costly troll campaign that only "fooled" maybe a few thousand people. I'm leaning on it being true, but just barely.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I guess you are right, Chinder, and by guess, I mean completely know. I am betting on the latter possibility you said, by the way.
To be fair, this is a guess of what might happen. I know how Youtube works, but I'm not sure if Google follows this philosophy. It's just a theory.

Funny thing is, this could mean nothing to hurt the leak either. Since Google removing it, especially if it follows the rule of "immediately remove something", wouldn't change its merits as a leak. I wouldn't put any stock into it being removed as mattering, basically.

That said, as Mr. Stagg put above, if it a fake, imagine how burned the faker will be. It's not just losing money from wasting it on fake ads. They clearly have that much to spend. But now they have to pay far more due to impersonating. Apparently whoever made the Grinch Leak was never found/reprimanded. Let's say it's that person who did this(which is possible). Then again, it'd be a long time coming anyway. Karma finally got back at them(especially if it's MTP who did all 3. We only have evidence he did the Grinch Leak, but not enough to hard prove it yet).

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
More then likely they just targeted a bunch of popular keywords/games that will lead people to smash.

But that doesn't really explain how it wouldn't pop up with any other current popular characters like Erdrick and Steve or anyone else that was heavily talked. Sure people got it to "work" but they were influencing the search a bit like adding DLC to the search terms. They will try targeting Dark Souls fans and not Dragon Quest/Minecraft fans? Something doesn't seem right about that.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
To be fair, this is a guess of what might happen. I know how Youtube works, but I'm not sure if Google follows this philosophy. It's just a theory.

Funny thing is, this could mean nothing to hurt the leak either. Since Google removing it, especially if it follows the rule of "immediately remove something", wouldn't change its merits as a leak. I wouldn't put any stock into it being removed as mattering, basically.

That said, as Mr. Stagg put above, if it a fake, imagine how burned the faker will be. It's not just losing money from wasting it on fake ads. They clearly have that much to spend. But now they have to pay far more due to impersonating. Apparently whoever made the Grinch Leak was never found/reprimanded. Let's say it's that person who did this(which is possible). Then again, it'd be a long time coming anyway. Karma finally got back at them(especially if it's MTP who did all 3. We only have evidence he did the Grinch Leak, but not enough to hard prove it yet).
Interesting thoughts. Whoever made the leak, provided that it is fake, is in big trouble once they find out who that leak maker is. I am sure impersonating is against the law, and impersonating businesses could result in major consequences for those who do it. But you knew that. I wonder how likely is is that the leak creator is MTP and he is doing this to spite us all again?

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Interesting thoughts. Whoever made the leak, provided that it is fake, is in big trouble once they find out who that leak maker is. I am sure impersonating is against the law, and impersonating businesses could result in major consequences for those who do it. But you knew that. I wonder how likely is is that the leak creator is MTP and he is doing this to spite us all again?
Fairly likely. But only if he's definitely behind the Grinch Leak. He's clearly rich at this point. Though him admitting to the other leak could be nothing more than a ploy for attention. Keep in mind whoever made the Grinch Leak impersonated a person too. So he's deeper into the hole than before as is.

Though if it's real, it's just annoying the Grinch Leaker wasn't reprimanded.

D

Deleted member

Im hearing "if this is fake the guy behind it is in big trouble", but if i remember correctly after the Grinch Hoax fell down the guy behind it basically got scott free.

I believe this Theory is as real as the Tooth Fairy, but Karma Houdini is a thing.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Fairly likely. But only if he's definitely behind the Grinch Leak. He's clearly rich at this point. Though him admitting to the other leak could be nothing more than a ploy for attention. Keep in mind whoever made the Grinch Leak impersonated a person too. So he's deeper into the hole than before as is.

Though if it's real, it's just annoying the Grinch Leaker wasn't reprimanded.
I see. To be honest, he doesn't deserve the money he is getting. He doesn't at all. He is too much of a jerk to have any of it. If it is him, I do hope he gets caught.

In case the Google leak is truly out of the way, what other leaks say that Banjo might get in, other than what that PolarPanda person said about Banjo?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I see. To be honest, he doesn't deserve the money he is getting. He doesn't at all. He is too much of a jerk to have any of it. If it is him, I do hope he gets caught.

In case the Google leak is truly out of the way, what other leaks say that Banjo might get in, other than what that PolarPanda person said about Banjo?
I don't know of any other ones myself. I haven't paid attention to a lot of them. Probably cause I no longer am closing leak topics. Best I remember is the website leak. The whole json file thing. I don't really believe in that one either.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I don't know of any other ones myself. I haven't paid attention to a lot of them. Probably cause I no longer am closing leak topics. Best I remember is the website leak. The whole json file thing. I don't really believe in that one either.
What's that one about?

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Im hearing "if this is fake the guy behind it is in big trouble", but if i remember correctly after the Grinch Hoax fell down the guy behind it basically got scott free.

I believe this Theory is as real as the Tooth Fairy, but Karma Houdini is a thing.
Because we don't know who it was. MTP claims to be the one who made it. But there is no proof. You can't punish someone if you don't know who they are.

But hypothetically speaking. If this was all done by some random person. They would have to have a google account to place the ads. They would need to have a card/bank attached that is able to pay the thousands of dollars for the ads/send money to when they get paid for people clicking the ads. So even if they gave fake information for the google account. Google, if they wanted or if Nintendo asks, would then be able to go to the bank the card is attached to and get the real information. Finding out who did it all. Basically it would be easier to punish this guy then some dude who posts a random picture on 4chan.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
That is assuming Nintendo cares about fake leaks.
Fake leaks isn't what they really care about. Somebody actually impersonating and using their IP's illegally they do. There's a reason they've gone after romsites before. Never mind fanfiction too at some point. They even tried to sue Galoob for their Game Genie. The romsite thing was within a year ago, so yeah, they definitely care enough about this kind of situation. It's wayyyyyy bigger than you're making it sound.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Fake leaks isn't what they really care about. Somebody actually impersonating and using their IP's illegally they do. There's a reason they've gone after romsites before. Never mind fanfiction too at some point. They even tried to sue Galoob for their Game Genie. The romsite thing was within a year ago, so yeah, they definitely care enough about this kind of situation. It's wayyyyyy bigger than you're making it sound.
It's not on the level of distributing ROMs. Nintendo makes serious money selling they're past games. What did this Google leak do? Give them free advertising? I'm sure they'll be angry.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It's not on the level of distributing ROMs. Nintendo makes serious money selling they're past games. What did this Google leak do? Give them free advertising? I'm sure they'll be angry.
They are still using their IP illegally. It's not just about money. You don't really get how much they are against anyone using their IP, do you? They're crazy about that factor. They'll definitely be angry(and are a bit too sue-happy, though this case is 100% justified in every way).

So yeah, it still matters way more than you're giving credit here. If it's fake, the guy is getting sued hard. This is the exact same level of the romsites. They're 100% using their IP is highly illegal manners and impersonating them too. Same level, just a different situation.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
They are still using their IP illegally. It's not just about money. You don't really get how much they are against anyone using their IP, do you? They're crazy about that factor. They'll definitely be angry(and are a bit too sue-happy, though this case is 100% justified in every way).

So yeah, it still matters way more than you're giving credit here. If it's fake, the guy is getting sued hard. This is the exact same level of the romsites. They're 100% using their IP is highly illegal manners and impersonating them too. Same level, just a different situation.
I highly doubt anything will come of this legally. Maybe they'll send him a CD at most but there's not going to be anything of the extremity of a lawsuit. I think you are vastly overstating the importance of this but whatever Nintendo will do what is going to do so no sense arguing over it.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Nintendo is required to take action against unauthorized and misuse of their IPs or they risk losing it. And this guy is making money off their IP.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I highly doubt anything will come of this legally. Maybe they'll send him a CD at most but there's not going to be anything of the extremity of a lawsuit. I think you are vastly overstating the importance of this but whatever Nintendo will do what is going to do so no sense arguing over it.
They're going to lawsuit an impersonator, full stop. This is way worse than a romsite, thinking about it. That's just some small loss of money in comparison.

This is a far bigger fish and can affect their sales of the Fighter's Pass as it's outright manipulating thousands of people. Not just simply some petty cash(again, in comparison).

Nintendo is required to take action against unauthorized and misuse of their IPs or they risk losing it. And this guy is making money off their IP.
This too. Actually, this is a good point and what people often forget. It's why they even went after stuff like the Game Genie or Fanfiction. As it was not deemed legal to use IP's in fun ways like that, they had to immediately sue because they did not originally approve use of their IP like that. Even the Wii had to have a new license agreement to prevent usage of cheat devices, which is the only legal way they can avoid Galoob(etc.) making these devices for the Wii and later Nintendo systems. They can legally brick Wiis(well, used to, as that's not online anymore) for any kind of cheating, including offline. They're that overprotective at times too. Cause let's be honest, offline cheating doesn't actually affect anyone nor can they risk losing their IP cause somebody did that. ...But they still had to attempt to sue someone because it wasn't considered a "legal" thing to do at the time(see the Galoob point I made earlier).

I feel bad for Nintendo too. They have to go out of their way for "less important" things due to how the law works. It works against them in this sense. I doubt they actually care about every tiny little thing, but major stuff like ad impersonation and rom-sites, that's another story. They always cared, and they always should. Worst part is when they went after Youtube of all things for Let's Plays. Thankfully they were able to find a way to make it work as well.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Isn't he paying for the ad? I thought the ads took people to the official site and if that's true there's actively no way for him to make money on this. Not only that but it didn't say those characters are in the game so it's not even misrepresenting their IP.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Let me fill you in
17E2A1E0-DB70-46DE-98F4-781FCDBA2EF9.jpeg

First we have papagenos ms source during the grinch leak who said banjo was dlc it assumed the leak was real because it had banjo in it. It was also confused :ultincineroar: wasent in it. Now we have Rand al Thor the Xbox guy who has heard from a reliable source banjo was dlc. He claimed that he was not a rare fan or some sort also this guy got several things right in the past like obsidian being bought by ms.
go to 36:37.
Next is the igc who said that rare we’re working on dlc for Nintendo games one of them would heavily imply a challenger pack
BD18F200-6992-476F-97AD-FD6FCF957C0A.jpeg
hours later the tweets were removed. Some of you might be doubting her but aperently sabi is backing her and that she’s legit
E98DEBC0-14BE-4E12-A3E3-4A826E3512D7.jpeg
and there’s one more thing...apparently like a week or 2 this happened...
5F1A55DC-F5B8-48A4-8BA3-180854255B4B.jpeg

So there you have it.

Bonus: while this is not a leak and just speculation credible insider ryce thinks banjo is likley. If he thinks erdrick is likley too then this is good

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Isn't he paying for the ad? I thought the ads took people to the official site and if that's true there's actively no way for him to make money on this. And if it doesn't why are paying attention to this leak anyways?
Money would go to the person who made the ad. Not the website the ad links to. Meaning it would be:
1. The ad is shown to you.
2. You click on the ad.
3. The ad registers a click.
4. Applies the click to the account the ad is registered under.
5. Sends user to the link the ad provided.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Money would go to the person who made the ad. Not the website the ad links to. Meaning it would be:
1. The ad is shown to you.
2. You click on the ad.
3. The ad registers a click.
4. Applies the click to the account the ad is registered under.
5. Sends user to the link the ad provided.
But you don't get money by clicking on an ad. The point of ads are to redirect traffic and Google gets paid to host them. Google doesn't pay for the ad being used.
Yeah I just looked it up and you pay based on how much traffic is redirected so the more people that use the ad the more the guy would need to pay to keep the hoax up.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
But you don't get money by clicking on an ad. The point of ads are to redirect traffic and Google gets paid to host them. Google doesn't pay for the ad being used.
Google does pay you when people use your ads.
https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/7164701?hl=en&ref_topic=1727182
https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/1709858
And it requires quite a lot of personal information in order to get paid.
1. Provide your tax information (not required in all locations)
2. Confirm your payee name and address
3. Select your form of payment
4. Verify your identity (not required in all locations)
5. Verify your address
6. Meet the payment threshold

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Um mate that's for Adsense where you get paid for hosting other people's ads
https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/6242051?hl=en&ref_topic=1319753
Ok I will admit I was thinking it was all under the same roof. At most all this means is that the guy might not be making money off of this. But that doesn't mean this isn't improper and unauthorized use of Nintendo's IP. They would still need to take action if it wasn't them.

The guy possibly being paid is not even what this google theory is about anyway. It would be about what it would cost to the person running them. Meaning we can decide if it was some random dude or Nintendo. From what I have found:
https://www.wordstream.com/blog/ws/2015/05/21/how-much-does-adwords-cost
  • Google Ads is based on an auction system that rewards businesses who have high-quality ad campaigns with lower costs and better ad placement.
  • The average cost per click in Google Ads is between $1 and $2 on the search network.
  • The most expensive keywords in Google Ads and Bing Ads cost $50 or more per click. These are generally highly competitive keywords in industries that have high customer lifetime values.
  • Giant retailers can spend up to $50 million per year on paid search in Google Ads.
  • The average small business using Google Ads spends between $9,000 and $10,000 per month on their Google paid search campaigns
We all know that faking this wouldn't be cheap. That doesn't mean it can't be done. But factors are pointing to Nintendo targeting keywords that will show those ads. For what reasons we can't really say for sure.

Last edited:

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
Ok I will admit I was thinking it was all under the same roof. At most all this means is that the guy might not be making money off of this. But that doesn't mean this isn't improper and unauthorized use of Nintendo's IP. They would still need to take action if it wasn't them.

The guy possibly being paid is not even what this google theory is about anyway. It would be about what it would cost to the person running them. Meaning we can decide if it was some random dude or Nintendo. From what I have found:
https://www.wordstream.com/blog/ws/2015/05/21/how-much-does-adwords-cost

We all know that faking this wouldn't be cheap. That doesn't mean it can't be done. But factors are pointing to Nintendo targeting keywords that will show those ads. For what reasons we can't really say for sure.
You cant forget that the other owners of the IP's in question would want to get in on this. Microsoft for Banjo, Namco for Ryu, Bethesda for Doom Slayer, Fromsoft for Artorias, and Atlus/Sega for Joker. Either this is legit, or some moron just signed a massive check for a big fine and jail time.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Yeah it would definitely be unauthorized use but that doesn't always call for legal action like reviews under fair use are unauthorized but allowed. This would be a strange case. It's not like the person is using the IP for their own creative endeavors like to advertise their own business or their own game. It's not misrepresenting the series as it's just an ad for Smash DLC. It's kind of like word of mouth but someone's paying for it. In a way, they are doing Nintendo's job for them if this is fake which makes it a very grey area. I would need to a copyright lawyer to discuss where exactly this falls.

You cant forget that the other owners of the IP's in question would want to get in on this. Microsoft for Banjo, Namco for Ryu, Bethesda for Doom Slayer, Fromsoft for Artorias, and Atlus/Sega for Joker. Either this is legit, or some moron just signed a massive check for a big fine and jail time.
The ads don't say those characters are in Smash so technically none of those companies would have any claim to damage unless they can somehow prove this hurt them financially which with all the increased internet traffic would be very hard. Especially since those companies have no control over those Google pages and the ads that appear there.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Koei Tecmo owns Ryu (Hayabusa), not Namco.

Last edited by a moderator:

helloiamhere

Smash Journeyman
I think that the Google thing is a hoax and the leaker just ran out of money to keep it up (like seriously, whos going to google the "Artorias Smash Ultimate DLC" string to get the ad to appear?). I also think that Nintendo wouldnt even care that some nerd paid out of his own pocket to get forums all riled up for 2 to 3 days.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I think that the Google thing is a hoax and the leaker just ran out of money to keep it up (like seriously, whos going to google the "Artorias Smash Ultimate DLC" string to get the ad to appear?). I also think that Nintendo wouldnt even care that some nerd paid out of his own pocket to get forums all riled up for 2 to 3 days.
It doesn't matter if they care or not. They have to go after the person or risk losing their IP rights. They're tied to the law that way. As long as the IP is being used without their permission in a way that relates to money, they don't have a choice but to take it to court. No ifs, ands, or buts. The law actually doesn't favor them well in this regard either. They'll obviously win, but that's the only advantage the law gives them at best. It forces them to take action, in a twist of fate.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Meh I'm starting to doubt this Google thing more than before.

I still think Banjo-Kazooie are likely, but choosing Artorias over the main characters from Dark Souls seems odd to me.

helloiamhere

Smash Journeyman
It doesn't matter if they care or not. They have to go after the person or risk losing their IP rights. They're tied to the law that way. As long as the IP is being used without their permission in a way that relates to money, they don't have a choice but to take it to court. No ifs, ands, or buts. The law actually doesn't favor them well in this regard either. They'll obviously win, but that's the only advantage the law gives them at best. It forces them to take action, in a twist of fate.
I mean, Nintendo never took Soulja Boy to court for selling his console with Nintendo roms. Or Youtube LPers from a few years back. A cease and desist at best.

Violante

Smash Apprentice
tbh I don't think it's necessary to try and wring any more legitimacy out of the Google Theory. The real proof will be in less than a month when we see if those characters get in or don't.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Meh I'm starting to doubt this Google thing more than before.

I still think Banjo-Kazooie are likely, but choosing Artorias over the main characters from Dark Souls seems odd to me.
We literally just got Joker. Dark Souls doesn't seem like that much of a stretch at this point. Also considering how Nintendo let them make an amiibo for the Switch release.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I mean, Nintendo never took Soulja Boy to court for selling his console with Nintendo roms. Or Youtube LPers from a few years back. A cease and desist at best.
That's a case where a cease and desist is fine.

Impersonation is well beyond that type of thing.

This is a very serious crime if a person is creating the ads. Also, selling a console with roms is a unique case too. I also don't know the details behind it either. But that can also be a quick cease and desist because it's a literal single console and was already sold. Best they can do is quickly take ahold of the item and maybe sue the person if they need to. They're still taking action however via requisition. They actually did try go after Youtubers before, actually. They changed their policy later on to avoid losing their IP's by allowing people to use it for revenue, fixing the issue. The important part is they have to take action in some way, which can include changing policies to get around losing their IP's. Impersonating is not something remotely like a single one of those cases. This is way more like the romsites which was used to make tons of money. Which they did take down because they lost millions of dollars in potential sales(if the person was distributing free roms, or a single console one time with roms, it's not nearly as serious as a crime. Especially since one can literally just save all their game data on a memory card, which is very similar to the console rom situation, sell it, and there's little to be done about it. There's actually a lot of official old game console variations that are sold worldwide. It's not as easy to go against, but they're also legal enough they can't take action. Soulja Boy is in a muddy enough area where Nintendo won't lose their IP's either. It was a lucky break for them, so they aren't forced to go against it).

You're still comparing apples to oranges, however. Once again, the only comparable situation thusfar that they've gone after is the romsite, which actually sold roms(instead of letting people download them for free, which in the case of "free", Nintendo isn't forced to go after them, but still can legally tell them to cease and desist). It's a hefty money situation, and constantly has tons of ads that affect potentially billions of people. It's far more serious than people seem to realize. This is a huge deal if it's fake. This is ignoring the factor that a lot of companies have their own IP's being messed with too. It's a big deal for them as well. Besides that, these are ads for the Fighter's Pass, which directly is affecting Nintendo money-wise. Of course, that's if this is fake. If it's not fake, sweet. If it's fake, that person pretty much is going to be so far in debt they'll be bankrupt.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
That's a case where a cease and desist is fine.

Impersonation is well beyond that type of thing.

This is a very serious crime if a person is creating the ads. Also, selling a console with roms is a unique case too. I also don't know the details behind it either. But that can also be a quick cease and desist because it's a literal single console and was already sold. Best they can do is quickly take ahold of the item and maybe sue the person if they need to. They're still taking action however via requisition. They actually did try go after Youtubers before, actually. They changed their policy later on to avoid losing their IP's by allowing people to use it for revenue, fixing the issue. The important part is they have to take action in some way, which can include changing policies to get around losing their IP's. Impersonating is not something remotely like a single one of those cases. This is way more like the romsites which was used to make tons of money. Which they did take down because they lost millions of dollars in potential sales(if the person was distributing free roms, or a single console one time with roms, it's not nearly as serious as a crime. Especially since one can literally just save all their game data on a memory card, which is very similar to the console rom situation, sell it, and there's little to be done about it. There's actually a lot of official old game console variations that are sold worldwide. It's not as easy to go against, but they're also legal enough they can't take action. Soulja Boy is in a muddy enough area where Nintendo won't lose their IP's either. It was a lucky break for them, so they aren't forced to go against it).

You're still comparing apples to oranges, however. Once again, the only comparable situation thusfar that they've gone after is the romsite, which actually sold roms(instead of letting people download them for free, which in the case of "free", Nintendo isn't forced to go after them, but still can legally tell them to cease and desist). It's a hefty money situation, and constantly has tons of ads that affect potentially billions of people. It's far more serious than people seem to realize. This is a huge deal if it's fake. This is ignoring the factor that a lot of companies have their own IP's being messed with too. It's a big deal for them as well. Besides that, these are ads for the Fighter's Pass, which directly is affecting Nintendo money-wise. Of course, that's if this is fake. If it's not fake, sweet. If it's fake, that person pretty much is going to be so far in debt they'll be bankrupt.
What if the thing is real? Would the leaker still get into some sort of trouble with Nintendo for spoiling secrets about leaked characters?

Top Bottom