• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
It's because it's a hot anime chick, obviously.

You should have seen the Fire Emblem speculation back in the Pre-Brawl era and you will see what i mean.
People still complained about Corrin even when a chick was a part of the package deal.

Pokemon Company keeps imploring
Source? That's the first I hear about this.

Last edited:

Dinoman96

Smash Master
And I feel like pushing the whole Western things falls pretty flat when the only real “Western” fan picks are characters made by Rare like Banjo Kazooie and Dixie Kong, a couple of specific indie reps like Shantae and Shovel Knight who may not have the best shot of getting in to begin with, and then a couple of oddballs like Crash and Rayman... Geno, Isaac, Shadow, Bomberman, Krystal, Waluigi, Bandanna Dee, Captain Toad, Paper Mario, Phoenix Wright, Sora, Ashley: are all “Eastern” characters and rank higher than any “Western” character with the exception of Banjo... I can’t say I’m surprised when Sakurai focuses primarily on “Eastern” characters then.
What? Krystal was created by Rare too, you know.

Looma

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of Minecraft

GUESS WHO'S BACK

View attachment 212357

Vergeben has suddenly reappeared and he's still dead set on Minecraft being in Smash in some form

Also he's still backing Erdrick (And being kind of a jerk about it)

View attachment 212359
Blowhard Burger Ben still licking his wounds I see. I guess Star Fox GP didn't toast his buns well enough.

Oh well, DLC's gonna land him a nice toasted bun sooner or later as it always does, and I'm gonna take a big bite.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Also. Anyone that claims that Persona 5 is coming to Switch any time soon might be fibbing because. Here is our Persona 5 port. It's a warriors spin off.

and here I was thinking all we would be getting is a base port of the game. We don't even get that currently. lmao

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Also. Anyone that claims that Persona 5 is coming to Switch any time soon might be fibbing because. Here is our Persona 5 port. It's a warriors spin off.

and here I was thinking all we would be getting is a base port of the game. We don't even get that currently. lmao
So... Joker is advertising a spin off?

Ok then

Looma

Smash Journeyman

I can't tell if this game is a result of Atlus milking P5 or a result of Koei Tecmo milking Dynasty Warriors.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I'm starting to like this thread less.
It giveth the feelings of too much hope.

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300

*real big sigh*

Should not be surprised at this point, but here we are. I just wanted to play Persona 5 for my first time on a portable system! This gives me the big sad™️

LogFrog

Smash Apprentice
Now we know not every dlc character has to be a promotion. Not sure if this helps or hurts Banjo’s chances. It might help cause now Banjo doesn’t need a new game or whatever to get into Smash, but it could hurt him because we may not the Rare Replay port for Switch.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
For like, the third time: he said he had no insider info about the stuff related to Microsoft. That was just his personal feelings there.
For like the third time, I don't give a ****. He speculating based on things he knows behind the scenes. It's called having a discussion.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Sakurai picked Joker because of his love for Persona 5
Probably. What we don't know is why Nintendo accepted it because it sure wasn't to promote a Warriors spin-off.

For like the third time, I don't give a ****. He speculating based on things he knows behind the scenes. It's called having a discussion.
Yeah, but when you word it like that, it sounds like his words have more weight than they actually have.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Probably. What we don't know is why Nintendo accepted it because it sure wasn't to promote a Warriors spin-off.

Yeah, but when you word it like that, it sounds like his words have more weight than they actually have.
Or you know, people can listen to the video where I timestamped exactly what was said.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Could be many factors really. But there must have been a major reason why Nintendo wanted Joker on that list. And I don't think it was for a Warriors spinoff. If what I have been told holds true. Persona 5 is huge in Japan. And Nintendo wanted a piece of that pie to come to smash. Which means buying a switch, smash and the fighter pass. Sure a port would have been nice. But at this point a Persona 5 port isn't going to be a smashing system seller. But Ultimate still is. Get the Persona fanbase to get everything to play as Joker in smash. The warriors game just seems like a bonus from Altus wanting to ride off the publicity of Joker in smash and Royal coming out.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Idk if this was posted here but if it was forgive me. phill wanted banjo in 3 times and those twitter ones weren’t pr talk
716F88FB-2669-4DAF-AB91-56458676E11B.jpeg

Brothanigus

Smash Apprentice
lmao No PS5 on switch, just some crappy spin off. lmfao, Sakurai bias isn't real eh? SO him adding in a character HE wanted (https://www.siliconera.com/2019/04/...witch-13-sentinels-aegis-rims-delay-and-more/ ) over the miriad of characters people want((including shovel knight) means there no bias, right?

lol O boy this fighterpass is just getting worse and worse all the time. Expect Steve to be the first Western Rep, Not Banjo-Kazooie. They will NEVER be in.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
The warriors game just seems like a bonus from Altus wanting to ride off the publicity of Joker in smash and Royal coming out.
Doubtful. The game was likely in production long before Sakurai talked to Atlus. It's just typical Persona milking.
lol O boy this fighterpass is just getting worse and worse all the time. Expect Steve to be the first Western Rep, Not Banjo-Kazooie. They will NEVER be in.
Dang dude chill. Look I know Sakurai includes his stuff but even on the base we still got 2 ballot choices. And there's only one character reveled so far. Things aren't that bleak. At least we know it's not promotion based that's a plus.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
lmao No PS5 on switch, just some crappy spin off. lmfao, Sakurai bias isn't real eh? SO him adding in a character HE wanted (https://www.siliconera.com/2019/04/...witch-13-sentinels-aegis-rims-delay-and-more/ ) over the miriad of characters people want((including shovel knight) means there no bias, right?

Persona 5 is a hugely popular game, dude. You're a parody of yourself at this point.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Could be many factors really. But there must have been a major reason why Nintendo wanted Joker on that list. And I don't think it was for a Warriors spinoff. If what I have been told holds true. Persona 5 is huge in Japan. And Nintendo wanted a piece of that pie to come to smash. Which means buying a switch, smash and the fighter pass. Sure a port would have been nice. But at this point a Persona 5 port isn't going to be a smashing system seller. But Ultimate still is. Get the Persona fanbase to get everything to play as Joker in smash. The warriors game just seems like a bonus from Altus wanting to ride off the publicity of Joker in smash and Royal coming out.
I think it is a simple matter of, Sakurai has more input on who gets included in Smash DLC that we are giving him credit for

Hasn’t Steve been soft deconfirmed at this point. Outside of the old leaks from 10 months ago, not sure why he is being taken so seriously any more of the bombshell a month ago

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
What? Krystal was created by Rare too, you know.
Whoops, I forget she was created by Rare sometimes given that I forget Rare released anything to do with the Gamecube era haha. My point still stands that outside of Rare-related characters, "Western" picks are pretty much completely new territory that very specifically showed up during the ballot and particularly during the Ultimate hype cycle.

Also, to everyone wondering what Joker could or could not be "advertising," does Persona Q2 just not exist haha? I mean it's no Persona 5 on Switch, but hey, if you want to argue whatever with regards to Joker or say that he's more than just a Sakurai pick, you can point to that game.

D

Deleted member

Huh if so what sakurai says/likes gets in then I guess this is our smash roster then
003F926C-860E-4F50-8DF1-BBC135B69D5E.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

dinkeytom

Smash Apprentice
I don't believe Goku would be a license minefield. Otherwise that will apply to Ederick too. If Ederick is in, they would have had to negotiate with Bird Studios, SquareEnix and the Armour Project. So I believe Crono or Geno or no Square rep are more likely.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I don't believe Goku would be a license minefield. Otherwise that will apply to Ederick too. If Ederick is in, they would have had to negotiate with Bird Studios, SquareEnix and the Armour Project. So I believe Crono or Geno or no Square rep are more likely.
Sorry if I'm assuming too much, but this feels like a post meant for the Square thread haha.

Also, I don't think the rights of Goku are his issue... It's the whole, not originally from a video game thing. If he was just a video game character I'm actually certain he would be in by now assuming the legacy doesn't completely change with that in mind...

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Sorry if I'm assuming too much, but this feels like a post meant for the Square thread haha.

Also, I don't think the rights of Goku are his issue... It's the whole, not originally from a video game thing. If he was just a video game character I'm actually certain he would be in by now assuming the legacy doesn't completely change with that in mind...
If this is going to be Sakurai's last smash game. What an explosion it would be if Goku was the last reveal. The ultimate "never ask me for anything ever again" gesture.

I hate the idea of Goku in smash but I would clap for that moment.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The wording here is REALLY confusing

Is Phil saying "Why WOULDN'T you think I'd say that as a PR answer" or is he saying "Why WOULDN'T you think I'd genuinely want Banjo in Smash"?
The pr one. Sorry that it’s confusing you

KingMinjo91

Smash Apprentice

Is Phil saying "Why WOULDN'T you think I'd say that as a PR answer" or is he saying "Why WOULDN'T you think I'd genuinely want Banjo in Smash"?
Haha yeah I thought the same thing. Completely sure he was talking about wanting Banjo, as the other option... doesn't really make sense to say like that in an interview.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
With verge back, I wonder if hitagi and xen are going to return. Not gonna lie, verge kinda has me spooked.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero

Phil's hinged this whole "for the fans" schtick. Why would he just say he'd be okay with something and admit it's solely for good PR lol

With verge back, I wonder if hitagi and xen are going to return. Not gonna lie, verge kinda has me spooked.
I don't know why? In terms of Smash Verge never said anything as monumentally wrong as Katalina. And the dude said the Minecraft content was a boss, so that shouldn't concern you as a Banjo fan.

Xenother never even leaked anything.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
It looks like he was waiting for the last direct to blow over before his supports start acting like he was never wrong about the direct. I wouldn't put to much thought into it.

KingMinjo91

Smash Apprentice
Would they have bowed out in the first place if there was a good chance of them being right?
Thats how I look at it. I mean, if it were me, I'd stick around to gloat about it later.

ProjectDream

Smash Apprentice
Now we know not every dlc character has to be a promotion. Not sure if this helps or hurts Banjo’s chances. It might help cause now Banjo doesn’t need a new game or whatever to get into Smash, but it could hurt him because we may not the Rare Replay port for Switch.
It helps considering there hasn't been any motivation on MS' part to continue the franchise, at best an entry in Smash is a good way to A-B test audience engagement with Banjo as a possible decision to make later and make a game.

But as of now, there's no game in development, nor would there be any planned.

dlewis53

Smash Lord

Well. that's a bit disappointing; I was hoping for a port so I could actually play the game myself instead of just watch the story online.

Top Bottom