Banjo-Kazooie - Jet Force Blasting to DLC

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Premium
Plus I mean that hypothetical smash rule would be pretty dumb considering we have Bayonetta, Ryu, Ken, The Belmonts. Ryu and Bayonetta being owned by Capcom and SEGA who already had Mega-Man and Sonic and I don't think I need to explain Ken and the Belmonts.
Agree, but will point out that Capcom doesn't own Bayonetta. Sega used to, but after Bayonetta 1, I'm pretty sure PlatinumGames is sort of its own thing. I think?

Oh, and my response was more "one company per batch of DLC". But yeah, definitely no reason why that would apply to DLC any differently, haha.

Rigumaro

Smash Apprentice
Some buddies on Twitter pointed this out to me: Blast Corps and Jet Force Gemini sandwich Banjo-Kazooie on the Rare-Replay lineup

I think this is purely a coincidence, but it's interesting as hell

It's coincidence since its by year and Rare Replay didn't have any of the Donkey Kong games or GoldenEye 007. But it IS super interesting that those games are STILL in the code for Smash Ultimate if they're on an Xbox collection of Rare games.

Hopefully those games in Smash's code goes somewhere with our bear and bird ^^

NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
Agree, but will point out that Capcom doesn't own Bayonetta. Sega used to, but after Bayonetta 1, I'm pretty sure PlatinumGames is sort of its own thing. I think?

Oh, and my response was more "one company per batch of DLC". But yeah, definitely no reason why that would apply to DLC any differently, haha.
Oh I meant Ryu was owned by Capcom and Bayonetta is owned by SEGA... and she actually still is, Platnoum Games doesn't own any of the IPs they make if I recall, they're all owned by companies like SEGA or Nintendo, I think the exception is Viewtiful Joe?

But yeah, no reason for why it'd apply differently.

NNID
Robogaman

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Premium
Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Champion
Premium
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868

Capcom never owned Bayonetta, and I thought SEGA and Platinum Games co-own it...
Oh I meant Ryu was owned by Capcom and Bayonetta is owned by SEGA... and she actually still is, Platnoum Games doesn't own any of the IPs they make if I recall, they're all owned by companies like SEGA or Nintendo, I think the exception is Viewtiful Joe?

But yeah, no reason for why it'd apply differently.
Viewtiful Joe was made while Kamiya and his crew were still Clover Studios, which was part of Capcom. When Clover Studios was dissolved, its staff broke away to form Platinum Games. (They actually originally called their new studio Seeds Inc., but then they merged with ODD Interactive and rechristened themselves as Platinum Games. They never made any games under their first post-Clover label.) Anyways, Viewtiful Joe always has been and still is owned by Capcom.

Speaking of Viewtiful Joe, I feel an urge to shill my Dungeons & Dragons Wiki user page... I spent a lot of time adapting Viewtiful Joe to Dungeons & Dragons back in 2012.

NNID
AVENGERxTHOR

[Maple]

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I'm going to work in a hour and a half from now, so by the next time I'm on Smashboards, we will all be playing and having Ultimate in our hands. So I'll see you guys tomorrow if any Smash news pops up at VGA or Monday because I'll be too busy playing the game on the weekend. See you later my fellow Banjo Roos. ;)

3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
NNID
GamerGuy758
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
What is this game pass?
Xbox has a service for like $70 a year that lets you rent, download and play around 100 xbox one and xbox 360 games. Kinda like game Netflix. It includes Sea Of Thieves, many Halo games, and yes, Banjo