• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Banjo-Kazooie: Dynamic Jiggy Duo - Project Dream

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Hey guys. I'm just coming from the Rayman thread.
I just want to tell you guys that Banjo has my support to become DLC. I grew up with the Banjo games and Rayman 2 on the N64. Whenever I replay the Banjo games, it reminds me of a happier time when Rare was in their creative prime and how fantastic their platformers were. Despite the fact that we already have Duck Hunt. Banjo-Kazooie have so many moves at their disposal that their only similarities with the dog and duck would be appearance. Oh, and I would absolutely LOVE to hear the cheery tune of Mumbo's Mountain playing on Spiral Mountain.
As unlikely as they are, Banjo is still my second most wanted third party for DLC (Rayman barely beats him).
Put me on the supporter list, @ JamesDNaux JamesDNaux . Please and thank you.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I wish there was a way for Nintendo to acknowledge whether or not Banjo is actually eligible for the ballot. I feel a confirmation would boost support tremendously.
It really would that like the barrier atm..banjo is pretty high voted but it seems like he would be alot more i know alotta ppl think it may be a wasted vote bkus he has no chance.

ReturnRare

Smash Rookie
NNID
WVdUde
3DS FC
5412-9894-2063
People seem to think they have a finite number of votes.
Seriously, do you think they track how many votes come from each device/ IP address or do they not care? I'd hate for each new vote my household makes to cancel out the previous one. Should I be using Tor or a similar browser if I want to vote multiple times? I just really want #BanjoForSmash to happen.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Making multiple votes for one character with a single IP will likely do nothing but, with no hint of a 1 vote per person limit, I don't see why you couldn't vote for every video game character ever should you want to.
You could try Tor to get in extra Banjo votes but I don't know whether the ballot will like a browser who's region can't be identified.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Found this pretty cool Yooka-Laylee animation.
I really like the animation and voice acting, Laylee's voice especially fits her very well.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Currently engaged in a pretty intense debate on Banjo's feasibility in character discussion. Y'all might want to check it out, I think I make some good points.

SilverWolf7

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys. I'm just coming from the Rayman thread.
I just want to tell you guys that Banjo has my support to become DLC. I grew up with the Banjo games and Rayman 2 on the N64. Whenever I replay the Banjo games, it reminds me of a happier time when Rare was in their creative prime and how fantastic their platformers were. Despite the fact that we already have Duck Hunt. Banjo-Kazooie have so many moves at their disposal that their only similarities with the dog and duck would be appearance. Oh, and I would absolutely LOVE to hear the cheery tune of Mumbo's Mountain playing on Spiral Mountain.
As unlikely as they are, Banjo is still my second most wanted third party for DLC (Rayman barely beats him).
Put me on the supporter list, @ JamesDNaux JamesDNaux . Please and thank you.

I am very much with you, Rayman is my second pick for Smash DLC. I love the old and new Rayman games (it was Origins that first got me).

D

Deleted member

Found this pretty cool Yooka-Laylee animation.
I really like the animation and voice acting, Laylee's voice especially fits her very well.
I love it! I don't care how irrelevant Banjo & Kazooie are now, I would die if they got in. Also I hate it when people say Duck Hunt might hurt the chances of including Banjo & Kazooie. They are NOTHING alike. Plus we have how many swordspeople in Smash now? Technically there are like five characters with wings already and a bunch of animals if you count Pokemon. It's a meaningless argument.

D

Deleted member

Chances are Banjo and Duck Hunt Duo would share an Up B. That is the extent of their moveset similarities.
I wouldn't even say that. Up B for Banjo & Kazooie would probably sooner be Beak Bomb. (They only fly with a flight pad, you know)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Like I've said, I'm happy to have B&K in Smash, would be fun to see them back on Nintendo's platform. - Phil Spencer on Twitter

https://twitter.com/XboxP3/status/623502070310514688
Them likes and retweets though. :4pacman:

I seriously hope they plan on supporting him in the Smash Ballot after that since he seriously needs it. Funny how much Mircrosoft had changed since the day Rare would be sold to them.

SilverWolf7

Smash Apprentice
Do you suppose that with the death of, Iwata, Banjo-Kazooie's chances are changed one way or another?

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Even in Japan, Banjo's got some Smash Ballot support. Though it's nowhere near as big as it is in the West if PushDustIn's results are anything to go by.

Blizark

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2380-3890-9619
Hi everyone! I´m another big fan of Banjo-Kazooie and I really want them as a DLC smash because he has took part in Nintendo and was one of the best platform titles during N64 and ever.

This duo have lots of possibilities and lots of habilities that will be usefull to be a competitive character (using his “drill-peck” from Banjo-Tooie, his eggs, Kazooie´s wings can have similar performance as Charizard, Banjo can use is bag as a weapon….) many choices for a polyvalent character.

But the bigges and only problem that I found is Microsoft… and I´m not sure that Nintendo accept it…

To be honest I don’t have much expectation for this reason… but hope is the last thing you lose ;)

The question is, Has Banjo-Kazooie really have opportunity to be in smash? (sorry for my poor English)

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
Hi everyone! I´m another big fan of Banjo-Kazooie and I really want them as a DLC smash because he has took part in Nintendo and was one of the best platform titles during N64 and ever.

This duo have lots of possibilities and lots of habilities that will be usefull to be a competitive character (using his “drill-peck” from Banjo-Tooie, his eggs, Kazooie´s wings can have similar performance as Charizard, Banjo can use is bag as a weapon….) many choices for a polyvalent character.

But the bigges and only problem that I found is Microsoft… and I´m not sure that Nintendo accept it…

To be honest I don’t have much expectation for this reason… but hope is the last thing you lose ;)

The question is, Has Banjo-Kazooie really have opportunity to be in smash? (sorry for my poor English)
Apparently, it's only about Nintendo to take the turn. Phil Spencer, Head of XBOX said this on Twitter:

and recently, this as well:

A question about the possibility of remakes of the Banjo games on the Nintendo 3DS got this answer:

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
I feel like I've betrayed Banjo support by not posting here since early in the thread. Those newer Spencer tweets are interesting. I still find Banjo unlikely though and he's been my number one most wanted newcomer since Melee.

D

Deleted member

But hopefully Nintendo will take notice from the Smash Ballot that Banjo & Kazooie have a lot of fans, and they'll consider working with Microsoft on the games...

SilverWolf7

Smash Apprentice
Apparently, it's only about Nintendo to take the turn. Phil Spencer, Head of XBOX said this on Twitter:

and recently, this as well:

A question about the possibility of remakes of the Banjo games on the Nintendo 3DS got this answer:

Woah, I haven't seen those other tweets by him.

Also what do all of you think of this new Smash update and the King K. Rool Mii costume?

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
We're finally getting some activity in here after the K. Rool fiasco...

If the King is really down for the count, that leaves the unlikely Banjo and the slightly less unlikely Krystal for a Rare fix.

-

I really don't know what's going to happen at this point.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
We can't say K Rool is out yet. After all he gets up five times in DK64 before he's finally beaten...

But seriously, I don't think the mii means much yet. Although I may be biased in that Inkling is also a mii costume.

Regardless, we all have to support these retro characters like K Rool and Banjo right?

Have you guys seen the Rare Replay intro? I don't know if its just me, but that Nuts and Bolts Banjo Kazooie model appears way more than anything else.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Have you guys seen the Rare Replay intro? I don't know if its just me, but that Nuts and Bolts Banjo Kazooie model appears way more than anything else.
Maybe they are embracing the Banjo that's "good" in their eyes. The same one that would be featured in a game that fans of the original wouldn't like and appeared in a Sonic racing game. They had reused the look again in a tech demo so I'm not really surprised about it at all.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Here it is for anyone else who hasn't seen it.
I'm in love with it. It really feels like something the old Rare would make.
I don't mind the Nuts and Bolts model, my only nitpick with it is that Banjo and Kazooie's eye's should look more like their classic design.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Maybe they are embracing the Banjo that's "good" in their eyes. The same one that would be featured in a game that fans of the original wouldn't like and appeared in a Sonic racing game. They had reused the look again in a tech demo so I'm not really surprised about it at all.
I wasn't referring to the model. I just meant that I saw Banjo more than any other character in the intro sequence. Sorry for the confusion.

Here it is for anyone else who hasn't seen it.
I'm in love with it. It really feels like something the old Rare would make.
I don't mind the Nuts and Bolts model, my only nitpick with it is that Banjo and Kazooie's eye's should look more like their classic design.
Definitely has a bit of the old Rareware magic. I prefer the old model, but the new one isn't terrible. If Banjo got into smash I think Sakurai would opt for more of the original look since that's the Nintendo model from back in the day. Although Microsoft might object in that situation since it wouldnt match the current style of the character.

I love the quote that Sourcegaming translated about how Sakurai might have cut Pacman if he was stuck using his modern design from that TV show and game.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I wasn't referring to the model. I just meant that I saw Banjo more than any other character in the intro sequence. Sorry for the confusion.
It's alright, was feeling a bit light headed because all the heat in this car. :sick:

As for the massive amount of spotlight on the bear, it's probably because the company knows that he is Rare's biggest star (hence Phil's adamancy towards Banjo in Smash). When anyone thinks of Rare, the first thing people would think of is Banjo or the Battletoads. Even though the later are heavily famous with old school gamers, the former is someone that many gamers regardless of age knows about. I wouldn't be lying if I said that Banjo has the potential of becoming Rare's official mascot.

D

Deleted member

We're finally getting some activity in here after the K. Rool fiasco...

If the King is really down for the count, that leaves the unlikely Banjo and the slightly less unlikely Krystal for a Rare fix.

-

I really don't know what's going to happen at this point.
If anything, I think the inclusion of the K. Rool Mii costume is confirmation that the actual character will be coming. Think about it: why include him as a costume at this point at all? The team surely knows that K. Rool is on top of the ballot and has already started working on him. The costume is simply a preview, since the character likely wouldn't be coming till the end of the year at the soonest. (and remember that we have other costume pieces of actual characters) I see it as the Smash team saying, "we've heard your cry for K. Rool, so please enjoy this while you wait for the real thing." Plus, Sakurai, who is known to be a total jokester (remember the Zero Suit Samus reveal, anyone?) and troll, probably thought it would be funny to dishearten all the K. Rool fans before revealing the actual character.

Also: I don't like the new Banjo & Kazooie models. They over stylized them, in my opinion. Nothing was really wrong with their designs, but they went and fixed something unbroken anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

SilverWolf7

Smash Apprentice
If anything, I think the inclusion of the K. Rool Mii costume is confirmation that the actual character will be coming. Think about it: why include him as a costume at this point at all? The team surely knows that K. Rool is on top of the ballot and has already started working on him. The costume is simply a preview, since the character likely wouldn't be coming till the end of the year at the soonest. (and remember that we have other costume pieces of actual characters) I see it as the Smash team saying, "we've heard your cry for K. Rool, so please enjoy this while you wait for the real thing." Plus, Sakurai, who is known to be a total jokester (remember the Zero Suit Samus reveal, anyone?) and troll, probably thought it would be funny to dishearten all the K. Rool fans before revealing the actual character.

Also: I don't like the new Banjo & Kazooie models. They over stylized them, in my opinion. Nothing was really wrong with their designs, but they went and fixed something unbroken anyway.
I am sure you and most other people here by now have seen all these other Mii fighter outfits, yes? They've just released more, and said they are going to reveal even more tomorrow.

Notice the Mii Fighter costumes though. Are these not the characters that were leading in the unofficial Smash Ballot polls, and even before this ballot, some of the most popularly demanded characters? King K. Rool, Chrom, Lloyd Irving and several more to come tomorrow supposedly.

Sakurai said that after Ryu, Roy and Lucas, the rest from here is all "fan service," correct? What if this is it? What if this Smash Ballot was never intended to get ideas from the fans of what new characters to add to the roster with their own move sets? What if instead, it was intended for what they interpret as "fan service," just mii costumes based off of the most wanted characters. I don't think any of us here truly think that King K. Rool would have been added if he hadn't been so obviously wanted by many people as of late, right? It's not just some coincidence that they decided to add him in now as a costume, and especially with his classic Rare design. This is highly evident to me that they're very aware of these high demands for King K. Rool, and this costume is a direct result of that.

...What if the ballot was never intended for actual characters (the kind you'd select at the character select screen, with their own unique move sets), and instead was just for Mii fighters based off of characters popular with the fans. Masahiro Sakurai did say after the last DLC characters that the rest from here is just "fan service," or something to that effect, correct? Is this his "fan service?" Mii costumes?

Please share your thoughts everyone.

Last edited:

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
I am sure you and most other people here by now have seen all these other Mii fighter outfits, yes? They've just released more, and said they are going to reveal even more tomorrow.

Notice the Mii Fighter costumes though. Are these not the characters that were leading in the unofficial Smash Ballot polls, and even before this ballot, some of the most popularly demanded characters? King K. Rool, Chrom, Lloyd Irving and several more to come tomorrow supposedly.

Sakurai said that after Ryu, Roy and Lucas, the rest from here is all "fan service," correct? What if this is it? What if this Smash Ballot was never intended to get ideas from the fans of what new characters to add to the roster with their own move sets? What if instead, it was intended for what they interpret as "fan service," just mii costumes based off of the most wanted characters. I don't think any of us here truly think that King K. Rool would have been added if he hadn't been so obviously wanted by many people as of late, right? It's not just some coincidence that they decided to add him in now as a costume, and especially with his classic Rare design. This is highly evident to me that they're very aware of these high demands for King K. Rool, and this costume is a direct result of that.

...What if the ballot was never intended for actual characters (the kind you'd select at the character select screen, with their own unique move sets), and instead was just for Mii fighters based off of characters popular with the fans. Masahiro Sakurai did say after the last DLC characters that the rest from here is just "fan service," or something to that effect, correct? Is this his "fan service?" Mii costumes?

Please share your thoughts everyone.
Nah, I think they said pretty clearly that the ballot's about new, individual characters for Smash 4. They might keep some requested characters in mind for Smash 5 though...

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
Oh that's devious! Cutting the top picks from DLC just to bring more interest in the next game.
I believe that they'll keep the inkling as the newest Nintendo characters for the next game. But fan favorites like King K.Rool might mostly be in the minds of the die hard fans. Therefore, I don't think they'll keep them for some big announcement of a new smash game. Remember that they probably won't wow the big audience out there with K.Rool, but only the ones who actually played the DKC games - and are still active gamers.

Banjo, Rayman and K. Rool - this idea is growing on me! Hope that at least one of them succeeds! Banjo is still my number one though!

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Sakurai may not even direct the next game. No doubt he's NOT cutting content just so he can add it in future games.

Top Bottom