• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Banjo-Kazooie: Dynamic Jiggy Duo - Project Dream

Dsull

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5301-0115-2290
With the comment from Microsoft i could totally see this happening. Only way i dont is if Nintendo really hates Microsoft for reasons i dont know about or Microsoft's terms are ridiculous.

Banjo-Kazooie was easily one of the best N64 games, i dont see why they would deny them entry except what i just said earlier happening.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
With the comment from Microsoft i could totally see this happening. Only way i dont is if Nintendo really hates Microsoft for reasons i dont know about or Microsoft's terms are ridiculous.

Banjo-Kazooie was easily one of the best N64 games, i dont see why they would deny them entry except what i just said earlier happening.
We're lucky that it's a character that's so near and dear to Nintendo's history. Sakurai had actually considered adding him to Melee. It's unlikely, but possible.

ReturnRare

Smash Rookie
NNID
WVdUde
3DS FC
5412-9894-2063
Hey guys, this is Jiggy Campaigner from twitter @ ReturnRare ReturnRare . The other campaigners and I wanted to see if anyone here wanted to help us out on twitter and/or collaborate on ideas to get #BanjoForSmash. We can talk about it on here or can tweet me on twitter telling me you want to help. Then I'll follow you, you can follow me, and we can discuss the rest via direct messages. At least stop by and say hi and tweet a couple tweets with our hashtag. We're also on www.facebook.com/banjoforsmash if anyone wants to check out our FB community page.

I've also told my fellow campaigners about this Smash Boards forum so you can expect some more of us on here. Thanks.
- Jiggy Campaigner

P.S. You can add me to one of the Jinjo families on here. It doesn't matter which one. Whichever needs more Jinjos, I guess.

Ian64

Smash Rookie
NNID
ianisawesome
I think I know what music should play on the Spiral Mountain stage:

Main Theme Remix (Banjo-Kazooie)
A rock remix of the Banjo Kazooie theme

Gruntilda's Theme (Original) (Banjo Kazooie)
The final battle music from Banjo Kazooie

Spiral Mountain (Original) (Banjo Kazooie)
The spiral mountain theme

Snake Rattle n Roll Medley (Remix) (Snake: Rattle n' Roll) A 50's rock remix of the Title screen, the first level, and the castle level in Snake Rattle n Roll

Sabreman Retro Medley (Remix) (Sabre Wulf)
A compilation of the main themes of Sabre Wulf and Underwurlde

Glitter Gulch Mine (Original) (Banjo Tooie)
The Glitter Gulch Mine theme

Hey guys, this is Jiggy Campaigner from twitter @ ReturnRare ReturnRare . The other campaigners and I wanted to see if anyone here wanted to help us out on twitter and/or collaborate on ideas to get #BanjoForSmash. We can talk about it on here or can tweet me on twitter telling me you want to help. Then I'll follow you, you can follow me, and we can discuss the rest via direct messages. At least stop by and say hi and tweet a couple tweets with our hashtag. We're also on www.facebook.com/banjoforsmash if anyone wants to check out our FB community page.

I've also told my fellow campaigners about this Smash Boards forum so you can expect some more of us on here. Thanks.
- Jiggy Campaigner

P.S. You can add me to one of the Jinjo families on here. It doesn't matter which one. Whichever needs more Jinjos, I guess.
Oh hi ReturnRare! #BanjoForSmash

Also the Spiral Mountain stage should be this:

I
________ ------- ---- -----------_______I
I. I. \
---------- \
I. I

Its just a rough text pic, but fighters would fight on the bridge, the top of the mountain, and gruntys mouth. The bridge would fall apart and the Hag 1 would then appear and act as a platform

Dangit the pic got all mixed up

Ya im one if ReturnRares fellow campaignees

Last edited by a moderator:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Hey @ Ian64 Ian64 , ease on the multiposting.

You can always edit your post if you want to add more things to it!

Ian64

Smash Rookie
NNID
ianisawesome
Sorry :(

Also I have a Sabreman trophy, his model from Banjo Tooie:

Sabreman used to be an adventurer in his glory days, from fighting wolves to practicing magic. However one day he disappeared from the gaming scene. No one could find him until he was thawed out of ice in Banjo-Tooie. How he got there, no one knows...

Sabreman (ZX Spectrum) 1984
Banjo-Tooie (N64) 2000

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Sorry :(

Also I have a Sabreman trophy, his model from Banjo Tooie:

Sabreman used to be an adventurer in his glory days, from fighting wolves to practicing magic. However one day he disappeared from the gaming scene. No one could find him until he was thawed out of ice in Banjo-Tooie. How he got there, no one knows...

Sabreman (ZX Spectrum) 1984
Banjo-Tooie (N64) 2000
Interesting description. May I ask why you chose a Sabreman trophy of all characters from the series?

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Banjo-Dinger doesn't quite sound as catchy. Still an interesting thing, I get more DK vibes from that dog then anything else.

Last edited:

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
I feel like the hype for these two characters have gone down significantly.

wth?

It would be honest to god awesome to see these two in smash.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
It's a mix of cautious optimism and nothing really to talk about.

Though Phil opened up the floodgates, we still don't know if Nintendo would even consider the possibility.

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman

- Jiggy Campaigner

I've got this idea spooking around in my head... That we could create a campaign video, featuring Mumbo Jumbo "singing" the track "Mayahem Temple" with different lyrics ("Come and cast a vote, if you think you're hard enough", or something) in his typical text box with the talking head icon. At the same time, I'd show footage from the N64 Banjo games with possible moves by Banjo and Kazooie. Of course, I'd want to use a rom hack to force the camera to be on a set spot - imitating Smash'es 2D camera. Maybe even add him in front of Smash 64 stages?

I would do do the cutting & the textboxes, but I have no idea about rom hacking and how to set a camera to be in a way similar to Smash... Any geeks out there who could help out? I know that theres a level creator tool called Banjo's backpack...

Last edited:

ryuu seika

Smash Master
My updates to your moveset. I'm sorry but I wasn't entirely satisfied by it as was and, while that's been the case for a while, the talk of using it meant I had to act:

Statistics
Size: Around Mario's height.
Weight: Around R.O.B.
Gravity: Around Ness.
Jump Height: Around Mario.
Jump Speed: Around Pikachu.
Air Speed:
Around DK.
Walk Speed: Around Olimar.
Dash Speed: Around Shulk.
Traction: Around G&W.

Misc Actions
Entrance - Particulates into existance atop one of the entrance pads from Banjo-Kazooie.
Taunt 1 - Banjo gives a thumbs up and makes his iconic "nuh-huut!"
Taunt 2 - Kazooie makes her iconic "Breegul!" noise and flaps her wings lightly.
Taunt 3- Banjo waves a Jiggy around before Kazooie grabs it.
Victory 1 - Banjo does the full Jiggy dance from Banjo-Kazooie, when a Jiggy would be collected.
Victory 2 - Banjo plays his namesake instrument as Kazooie plays a kazoo.
Victory 3 - Banjo and Kazooie bow multiple times.
Victory music: Jiggy Fanfare.
Standard Combo - Claw Swipe
Banjo swipes up to three times with his claws and finishes with a strong blow.
Forward Tilt - Thrust Peck
Banjo leans forward and Kazooie thrusts out to attack with her beak.
Up Tilt - Wing Whack
Kazooie swipes her wings upward twice, slicing through the air.
Down Tilt - Beak Barge
Banjo slides forward as Kazooie thrusts her beak along the ground.

Dash - Talon Trot
Banjo leans backwards, falling to rest on Kazooie when she emerges from the backpack to carry him and do all the serious running. She will face backwards to keep Banjo facing the action.
Dash Attack - Forward Roll
Kazooie tips Banjo off her back as she curls back up into his backpack and he falls forward into a roll with her wings wrapped around him.
Forward Smash - Pack Attack
Banjo pulls off his backpack and slams it down onto the ground. It will arc up and over his head but will only have good damage and knockback once intront of and below him.
Up Smash - Beak Bayonet
Banjo pulls Kazooie out and thrusts her upwards, attacking with her beak.
Down Smash - Bear Spin
Banjo does a quick spin kick, similar to Mario's down smash.

Neutral Aerial - Wing Whirl
Banjo does a small pirouette as Kazooie extends her wings so that he can hit all round him once.
Forward Aerial - Rat-a-tat Rap
Banjo lowers his head and Kazooie pecks forward three times, slows descent.
Up Aerial - Bear Flip
Banjo does a flip kick in the air with a wide upward range.
Down Aerial - Beak Buster
Banjo curls up and plummets downward as Kazooie thrusts her beak.
Back Arial - Back Kick
A very descriptive title, Banjo flattens himself out and kicks backwards.

Grab - Shack Pack
Banjo swings his backpack over his head and down onto his foe. They need to be a slight distance away for it to connect but this also adds range. They are then trapped in the pack, looking much like Banjo during the move of this name from Tooie.
Pummel - I Want My Pack Back!
The backpack moves about a bit as Kazooie and the new inhabitant fight it out within, her noises clearly audible in this cartoony sequence.
Forward Throw - Twirl-a-Whirl
Banjo spins the pack around like in Pack Whack and the opponent comes flying out forward.
Up Throw - Flap Flip
Banjo throws his backpack into the air with Kazooie coming out to sit on his back. She then helps him to backflip and, as he turns completely upside down, she lets go and he kicks the backpack, sending his opponent flying diagonally back and down for a high probablity of a floor rebound. The pack itself, however, hovers down gently onto Banjo's shoulders at which point Kazooie allows herself to fall back in.
Down Throw - Drill Bill
Banjo chucks the opponent out onto the ground and uses Kazooie to drill into them with her beak.
Down Throw - Grenade Lay
Banjo tosses the opponent backwards, Kazooie quickly lays a grenade egg into them.

Neutral Special 1 - Blue Egg
Banjo crouches down and Kazooie fires a simple blue egg, can fire thrice in quick succession.
Neutral Special 2 - Ice Egg
Kazooie is slightly slower to fire the eggs, but they fly further and can freeze opponents at high percentage.
Neutral Special 3 - Fire Egg
Kazooie fires them even slower, but they are the strongest projectile eggs, causing a burn effect.

Side Special 1 - Pack Wack
Banjo swings his backpack in a circle around himself, the momentum preventing him from falling. Has a long ending as he puts it back on but also has high damage, super armour and reflection properties.
Side Special 2 - Breegul Bash
Banjo Pulls Kazooie out of his backpack and spins her around by the neck. This is a quicker move than Pack Wack with far less ending lag but no reflection or armour either, making it less safe.
Side Special 3 - Wild Wing Whirl
Kazooie sticks her wings out the sides of Banjo's backpack and he spins himself around, turning them into an attack. This version is quick and multi-hit but has less range and knockback and no defensive properties.

Up Special 1 - Flight
Kazooie carrys Banjo as she soars upwards much like pit would, shedding red feathers in the process.
Up Special 2 - Shock Jump
Kazooie uses her long legs like springs to propell herself further upwards and with greater speed but no hitbox.
Up Special 3 - Beak Bomb Ascent
Kazooie quickly thrusts her beak upwards and wings back, carrying banjo upwards with the speed of her Shock Jump but a little less distance that her Flight. This move has greater damage and Knockback than the first version, as well as super armour, but cannot be cancelled, will hurt Banjo if he hits a non-player object and can self Star KO if circumstances are wrong. It also has a good deal of end lag if it misses a ledge.

Down Special 1 - Beak Buster
Banjo jumps into the air unless airborn already and spikes down with Kazooie's beak, the effect being much like Bowser's down special.
Down Special 2 - Bill Drill
Much like Beak Buster except the pair spin for multiple hits causing more total damage but making the move end slower should it miss.
Down Special 3 - Beak Bomb Descent
This time Banjo and Kazooie both dive head first, wings shoved back for extra speed, and together they do more damage and knockback than Kazooie alone. This version has super armour but cannot be cancelled before contact and will hurt Banjo if he hits a non-player object.

Final Smash - The Mighty Jinjonator
Banjo calls a giant golden jinjo for help and you control it as it jumps and stomps around the stage. It is invincible and hitboxes will appear on its feet during most actions but, should you want to attack for real, the A button will result in a kick resembling that of the golden monkey statue and B will charge its body with electricity like that of a Minjo.

Last edited:

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
Anyone here pick up Rare Replay?

Apparently if you bought it, or anything related to the new KI, you get to play as Rash from Battletoads in KI.

I think Microsoft might be gearing up to make their own all-star fighter with Rare characters after all.

Last edited:

James Phillips

Smash Journeyman
Anyone here pick up Rare Replay?

Apparently if you bought it, or anything related to the new KI, you get to play as Rash from Battletoads in KI.

I think Microsoft might be gearing up to make their own all-star fighter with Rare characters after all.
Either that or they're preparing to announce a new Battletoads game on xbone, if they were to make a an all-star fighter it would probably feature not just Rare but all Microsoft IPs (Halo, Gears, Crackdown etc).

Master Chief is Microsoft's Mario after all.

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
Either that or they're preparing to announce a new Battletoads game on xbone, if they were to make a an all-star fighter it would probably feature not just Rare but all Microsoft IPs (Halo, Gears, Crackdown etc).

Master Chief is Microsoft's Mario after all.
Certainly, that's how I'd do it.

The majority of the cast would be Rare characters and I'd just throw in some Microsoft guys for good measure (Master Chief, Blinx, Marcus Fenix and Steve from Minecraft)

But yeah, they've been teasing a Battletoads comeback forever. I honestly thought it was guaranteed to happen at this year's E3 but time made yet a fool of me yet again~

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
I finally bought an N64 and Banjo Kazooie so now I can experience the wonderful game on the right console this time and as an added bonus Tooie is shipping

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'll really have to get back over my girlfriend's house to see how Rare Replay is (given this guy isn't planning on getting an Xbox One any time soon). Banjo Kazooie is among one of the first games that I want to try along with Conker and the Battletoads.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
My updates to your moveset. I'm sorry but I wasn't entirely satisfied by it as was and, while that's been the case for a while, the talk of using it meant I had to act:

Statistics
Air Speed:
Around DK.

Misc Actions
Entrance - Particulates into existance atop one of the entrance pads from Banjo-Kazooie.
Taunt 2 - Kazooie makes her iconic "Breegul!" noise and flaps her wings lightly.
Victory 1 - Banjo does the full Jiggy dance from Banjo-Kazooie, when a Jiggy would be collected.
Up Tilt - Wing Whack
Down Tilt - Beak Barge

Dash - Talon Trot
Banjo leans backwards, falling to rest on Kazooie when she emerges from the backpack to carry him and do all the serious running. She will face backwards to keep Banjo facing the action.
Kazooie tips Banjo off her back as she curls back up into his backpack and he falls forward into a roll with her wings wrapped around him.
Banjo pulls off his backpack and slams it down onto the ground. It will arc up and over his head but will only have good damage and knockback once intront of and below him.
Up Smash - Beak Bayonet
Down Smash - Bear Spin

Banjo does a small pirouette as Kazooie extends her wings so that he can hit all round him once.
Up Aerial - Bear Flip
Back Arial - Back Kick

Grab - Shack Pack
Banjo swings his backpack over his head and down onto his foe. They need to be a slight distance away for it to connect but this also adds range. They are then trapped in the pack, looking much like Banjo during the move of this name from Tooie.
The backpack moves about a bit as Kazooie and the new inhabitant fight it out within, her noises clearly audible in this cartoony sequence.
Banjo spins the pack around like in Pack Whack and the opponent comes flying out forward.
Up Throw - Flap Flip
Banjo throws his backpack into the air with Kazooie coming out to sit on his back. She then helps him to backflip and, as he turns completely upside down, she lets go and he kicks the backpack, sending his opponent flying diagonally back and down for a high probablity of a floor rebound. The pack itself, however, hovers down gently onto Banjo's shoulders at which point Kazooie allows herself to fall back in.
Down Throw - Drill Bill
Banjo chucks the opponent out onto the ground and uses Kazooie to drill into them with her beak.
Down Throw - Grenade Lay
Banjo tosses the opponent backwards, Kazooie quickly lays a grenade egg into them.

Banjo crouches down and Kazooie fires a simple blue egg, can fire thrice in quick succession.
Kazooie is slightly slower to fire the eggs, but they fly further and can freeze opponents at high percentage.
Kazooie fires them even slower, but they are the strongest projectile eggs, causing a burn effect.

Banjo swings his backpack in a circle around himself, the momentum preventing him from falling. Has a long ending as he puts it back on but also has high damage, super armour and reflection properties.
Banjo Pulls Kazooie out of his backpack and spins her around by the neck. This is a quicker move than Pack Wack with far less ending lag but no reflection or armour either, making it less safe.
Kazooie sticks her wings out the sides of Banjo's backpack and he spins himself around, turning them into an attack. This version is quick and multi-hit but has less range and knockback and no defensive properties.

Up Special 1 - Flight
Kazooie carrys Banjo as she soars upwards much like pit would, shedding red feathers in the process.
Kazooie uses her long legs like springs to propell herself further upwards and with greater speed but no hitbox.
Kazooie quickly thrusts her beak upwards and wings back, carrying banjo upwards with the speed of her Shock Jump but a little less distance that her Flight. This move has greater damage and Knockback than the first version, as well as super armour, but cannot be cancelled, will hurt Banjo if he hits a non-player object and can self Star KO if circumstances are wrong. It also has a good deal of end lag if it misses a ledge.

Banjo jumps into the air unless airborn already and spikes down with Kazooie's beak, the effect being much like Bowser's down special.
Much like Beak Buster except the pair spin for multiple hits causing more total damage but making the move end slower should it miss.
This time Banjo and Kazooie both dive head first, wings shoved back for extra speed, and together they do more damage and knockback than Kazooie alone. This version has super armour but cannot be cancelled before contact and will hurt Banjo if he hits a non-player object.

Banjo calls a giant golden jinjo for help and you control it as it jumps and stomps around the stage. It is invincible and hitboxes will appear on its feet during most actions but, should you want to attack for real, the A button will result in a kick resembling that of the golden monkey statue and B will charge its body with electricity like that of a Minjo.
This is exactly how they would play if they got in!

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Dude, you have Tooie?! Sweet!
Not yet I bought it online from GameStop but it's coming along with Diddy Kong Racing. In the past I was also able to purchase Perfect Dark and Jet Force Gemini so now I have a nice little Rare collection. And if anyone has Conker's Bad Fur Day and is willing to sell for less than the thieves on Amazon that would be great.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Not yet I bought it online from GameStop but it's coming along with Diddy Kong Racing. In the past I was also able to purchase Perfect Dark and Jet Force Gemini so now I have a nice little Rare collection. And if anyone has Conker's Bad Fur Day and is willing to sell for less than the thieves on Amazon that would be great.
I've never played Perfect Dark or Conker's Bad Fur Day but the rest are amazing games. If you haven't done so already, I know you'll love them. That amazon price is insane though.

Last edited:

RosaPeach

Smash Journeyman
I think Rare Play is reducing a new Rare game very slowly it might be Banjo.
I think Banjo does not have a chance.
I dont see Nintendo advertising for Microsoft it wouldn't make sense.
I dont why Ryu is DLC but think it could be the upcoming Street Fighter 5 or maybe Capcom will make powerful games on the NX. Ryu is a very cool character but I dont use him that much as Peach or Rosalina. Maybe Nintendo is promoting PS4.
I'm saying Capcom dont deserve to 2 Reps just because they didn't do nothing big for Nintendo.
I hope someday Nintendo could buy off Mega Man. Every Year Capcom always give us the same Mega Man game that we played, I'm sick of that just make a Mega Man 11 and Legends 3.
Nintendo was so stupid not to buy Rare, I love to see more Battletoads and Conker games.
Even Snake Koonami is doing horrible right now.
The only third parties that have a high chance Rayman and Shantae .

ryuu seika

Smash Master
And Shantae has a high chance why? I had no idea who she was before this big push to get her into Smash. She isn't a big franchise, a retro icon, a well known name or genre defining in any way.

If we are to use the same criteria Sakurai has been using so far, Banjo is a retro icon who was arguably the pinnacle of the collectathon platforming genre, Rayman is a big name who's got plenty of history, Bomberman spawned countless spinoffs ripoffs and play-a-likes while being just as well known, Snake is sometimes considered a cultural icon (though I would still argue that he isn't fitting) and Shovel Knight is the big name in indie gaming. There are more besides but these are just 5 characters off the top of my head who have vastly more going for them then your demi-djinn noone has heard of.

Sorry to rain on your parade but wandering into someone's thread and proclaiming your own favourite characters as the only ones with a chance when you don't know what you're talking about is increadibly rude. Good luck getting over the bad news when Shantae doesn't make the cut.

Last edited:

ReturnRare

Smash Rookie
NNID
WVdUde
3DS FC
5412-9894-2063
I've got this idea spooking around in my head... That we could create a campaign video, featuring Mumbo Jumbo "singing" the track "Mayahem Temple" with different lyrics ("Come and cast a vote, if you think you're hard enough", or something) in his typical text box with the talking head icon. At the same time, I'd show footage from the N64 Banjo games with possible moves by Banjo and Kazooie. Of course, I'd want to use a rom hack to force the camera to be on a set spot - imitating Smash'es 2D camera. Maybe even add him in front of Smash 64 stages?

I would do do the cutting & the textboxes, but I have no idea about rom hacking and how to set a camera to be in a way similar to Smash... Any geeks out there who could help out? I know that theres a level creator tool called Banjo's backpack...

Sorry it took so long to get on here and reply, I was having a bit of trouble logging into this account. Yeah, a music video is one of the ideas we had a long time ago but never got to it. @ Ian64 Ian64 has experience with source film maker and another guy knows his way around Project 64 at least in terms of texture hacks. I'm also been known to break into rap lyrics once-in-a-while so I can make the lyrics up. :p

If you have a twitter account you can follow me and I'll add you to our group message so you can discuss this idea with the other #BanjoForSmash campaigners on there.

Coolforkrool

Smash Rookie

Statistics
Air Speed:
Around DK.

Misc Actions
Up Tilt - Wing Whack
Down Tilt - Beak Barge

Dash - Talon Trot
Up Smash - Beak Bayonet
Down Smash - Bear Spin

Up Aerial - Bear Flip
Back Arial - Back Kick

Grab - Shack Pack
Up Throw - Flap Flip
Down Throw - Drill Bill
Down Throw - Grenade Lay

Up Special 1 - Flight

This is awesome man! I think you nailed it pretty much on the head. I'm kind of skeptical about the final smash. I feel like they could make a really good one but Idk what it would consist of. Maybe like using the gold feathers for an invulnerable BK?

D

Deleted member

Statistics
Air Speed:
Around DK.

Misc Actions
Up Tilt - Wing Whack
Down Tilt - Beak Barge

Dash - Talon Trot
Up Smash - Beak Bayonet
Down Smash - Bear Spin

Up Aerial - Bear Flip
Back Arial - Back Kick

Grab - Shack Pack
Up Throw - Flap Flip
Down Throw - Drill Bill
Down Throw - Grenade Lay

Up Special 1 - Flight

This is pretty good, but I would probably have done some things differently. For starters, I always imagined Banjo at least a little taller than Mario. Breegull Bash could also make a great Forward Smash, and Beak Barge could work as a Side Special. Since Beak Buster and Bill Drill could work as a down aerial and down throw, Down Special could be freed up to be something like Wonder Wing or Clockwork Kazooie. Finally, while it would be charming to see the Talon Trot, I just don't see that happening in a game like Smash. It doesn't make sense for Banjo to be facing the wrong way or for Kazooie to be running backwards.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Thanks for the feedback you two. As I mentioned in my post, that was infact an adaptation of an earlier work (credit to our founder JamesDNaux).

@Mewtwo the height was not my idea. Everything in the statistics section is a leftover from the previous moveset because nothing stood out to me as in dire need of changing.
I am not personally in favour of Beak Barge as side special since it is a crouching move and thus makes more sense as D-tilt than as a from standing move. It's also not particularly suited to aerial use. I do, however, see why you might favour Breagul Bash over Pack Attack for the F-smash. I would prefer such too but the template I was working to required 3 side specials and I needed something that could resemble Pack Wack for that. Plus, Pack Attack references the GBA title in a way nothing else can.
To me, Beak Buster/Bill Drill seems perfect for a down special but to each their own. Our glorious leader also favours the Clockwork Chicken Egg as something of a Bowser Jr. clone move.
Until I'd started writing it out, I hadn't seen the problem with Talon Trot. James thinks that it would work as a side special but I disagree and see its only possible place as dash. As you say, that is unlikely though.

@ Coolforkrool Coolforkrool The Mighty Jinjonator was essentially their final smash from the first Banjo Kazooie game but the OP holds an alternative in the form of using the two feaths and the golden eggs all at once. To me this feals like a lazy and unintuitive combination of powers that were never meant to be used in conjunction.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Banjo Tooie arrived today with Diddy Kong Racing. My brother and I found we are the worst racers ever. Any tips on how to get out of last place we need it.

D

Deleted member

@ Coolforkrool Coolforkrool The Mighty Jinjonator was essentially their final smash from the first Banjo Kazooie game but the OP holds an alternative in the form of using the two feaths and the golden eggs all at once. To me this feals like a lazy and unintuitive combination of powers that were never meant to be used in conjunction.
Yeah I think the Jinjonator makes the most sense. Who can forget that scene?

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Banjo Tooie arrived today with Diddy Kong Racing. My brother and I found we are the worst racers ever. Any tips on how to get out of last place we need it.
Let go of A when you go over a boost pad/ use blue balloons. Also the silver coin challenges are painful :)

Last edited:

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
Sorry it took so long to get on here and reply, I was having a bit of trouble logging into this account. Yeah, a music video is one of the ideas we had a long time ago but never got to it. @ Ian64 Ian64 has experience with source film maker and another guy knows his way around Project 64 at least in terms of texture hacks. I'm also been known to break into rap lyrics once-in-a-while so I can make the lyrics up. :p

If you have a twitter account you can follow me and I'll add you to our group message so you can discuss this idea with the other #BanjoForSmash campaigners on there.
Aren't you following me already? My Twitter name is identical to my forum name. I'm following you as well, let's get started!

BTW, I saw something cool today:

And another Interview:

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I think it'd be amazing if the Bear and Bird were to become playable in Smash Bros - It'd certainly be a nostalgia overload for me given that I played Banjo-Kazooie on the N64 as a kid, and they've got plenty to draw from in terms of potential. I wouldn't mind to see Banjo and Kazooie become playable one day in the future of Smash Bros, be it this game as DLC or as newcomers in Smash 5. Mind if I have a seat in the Jinjo House for the party when they become playable?

D

Deleted member

I think it'd be amazing if the Bear and Bird were to become playable in Smash Bros - It'd certainly be a nostalgia overload for me given that I played Banjo-Kazooie on the N64 as a kid, and they've got plenty to draw from in terms of potential. I wouldn't mind to see Banjo and Kazooie become playable one day in the future of Smash Bros, be it this game as DLC or as newcomers in Smash 5. Mind if I have a seat in the Jinjo House for the party when they become playable?
And you know, that's really the thing: I think Banjo & Kazooie really would be more of a nostalgia character, despite the fact that they're still kicking around. And seeing as how Smash Bros. is home to more than a few nostalgia characters, I don't see how that's a bad thing.

The biggest opposing reason I hear is that including the duo in Smash would be advertising for Microsoft. But 1. until there is a new Banjo game out, there's nothing to advertise for, 2. Nintendo would not be losing any money even if there were a new Banjo game. In fact if there were, then more people would probably want Banjo in Smash, 3. Cross-promotion can still function even if on 'competing' platforms, 4. In any case, Banjo was a part of Nintendo's history, and if there is nothing to prevent it on the business side of things (Phil Spencer doesn't seem to want to prevent it), Nintendo should really own that part of their history, celebrate it, give back to fans! Which is why this Smash ballot is a wonderful thing, because it allows us to voice that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
If I am being honest I feel everyone's pessimism regarding Banjo being owned by Microsoft is really the only thing that hinders his possible inclusion. I don't feel him belonging to Microsoft creates to large a barrier but I so often hear people say, "won't happen he's owned by Microsoft" or "it's a waste of a vote because Nintendo won't help a competitor." I wish people understood that with this ballot if people request him Nintendo may actually be willing to strike a deal and Phil Spencer has stated from their end it is fine.

Top Bottom