• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Banjo-Kazooie: Dynamic Jiggy Duo - Project Dream

D

Deleted member

So I found a personality test somewhere that decides what Banjo-Kazooie character you are, and I got Banjo. I kind of figured that would happen.

If anyone wants to try out the test, It's right here.

In other news, the Yooka-Laylee Kickstarter restocked some tiers (and added a new one), and about 30,000 more pounds (about $45,000) were pledged since. I'm not convinced we'll make it to 2 million pounds for certain, but I think 1.9 million is a lock.
Oh dear, I got Gruntilda.

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
I'd like to think Microsoft is selling the rights to someone who will do it better. Not even to Nintendo, I just want it to go to Playtonic Games. Dream come true. ^-^
Playtonic Games getting the rights to Banjo-Kazooie is the scenario I think would be the best solution for Banjo-Kazooie getting into Smash/becoming a lot more relevant.

Imagine that, Banjo-Kazooie and Yooka-Laylee both belonging to Playtonic Games.

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
Quick roundup @InTimsWorld

Playtonic Games getting the rights to Banjo-Kazooie is the scenario I think would be the best solution for Banjo-Kazooie getting into Smash/becoming a lot more relevant.

Imagine that, Banjo-Kazooie and Yooka-Laylee both belonging to Playtonic Games.
Oh yes, that would be so good. But before I start dreaming, let's wait till Monday, when Microsoft's press conference hits & we see Rare's "big new adventure". There are pretty good chances that it's going to be Banjo, since Gregg Mayles (director of the B-K games) is in charge and very proud of this project. Also, the people at Playtonic seem to be pretty confident about that project, despite being not involved.

Edit: Rare has apparently a new logo. For someone with fond memories of the Rareware times, THIS is a message!

Last edited:

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
Heh, over at Playtonic Forums, some people are pretty pissed that it isn't Banjo. But what did they expect? I think it is a step in the right direction. Rare is making adventures again. And the new logo is beautiful! Eventually, there will be a Banjo.

But most importantly: Does this make Phil Spencer's statement about Banjo being in Smash even more powerful? Since he apparently didn't say that for promotional purposes? (Unless there's a Banjo game that they reveal later on this week)

Last edited:
Heh, over at Playtonic Forums, some people are pretty pissed that it isn't Banjo. But what did they expect? I think it is a step in the right direction. Rare is making adventures again. And the new logo is beautiful! Eventually, there will be a Banjo.

But most importantly: Does this make Phil Spencer's statement about Banjo being in Smash even more powerful? Since he apparently didn't say that for promotional purposes? (Unless there's a Banjo game that they reveal later on this week)
Banjo not being on the main stage would be. . .dissapointing. he easily could have been a big one worth the rest of them. He doesnt deserve being a side-show. . .

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
Banjo not being on the main stage would be. . .dissapointing. he easily could have been a big one worth the rest of them. He doesnt deserve being a side-show. . .
Yeah, that's true as well. Why can't they just sell the IP to Nintendo? The XBOX-crowd is simply the wrong audience! I can't imagine how a new classic Banjo game should even work on the E3-showfloor, if it was presented by Microsoft...

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
Yeah, that's true as well. Why can't they just sell the IP to Nintendo? The XBOX-crowd is simply the wrong audience! I can't imagine how a new classic Banjo game should even work on the E3-showfloor, if it was presented by Microsoft...
It makes you wonder what Microsoft is thinking about their owning Banjo-Kazooie.

I can imagine they realize that Banjo would help their competitors, so they wouldn't let anyone have it (unless the price was right, but who knows about that), but they would have trouble attracting their own audience with it, so they just don't know what to do with the IP.

I don't intend to say Rare can't make a decent Banjo game anymore, but they've lost a number of veterans that made that past Banjo games so good, in my opinion.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
"sea of thieves"
So is this like a spiritual successor to the original Project Dream concept just like how Yooka-Laylee is a spiritual successor to Banjo-Kazooie?

Anyway, while it's a shame that there's still no new Banjo like we were hoping for since the initial teasers, it's good to know that Rare has finally have potential in creating new games on their own again.

Speaking of Rare, Yooka-Laylee has finally reached its final stretch goal with over $3 million in Kickstarter funds. This calls for a celebration! :D :D :D :D

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
Heh, I was always skeptical that they'd make it to 2 million, but I was proved wrong, happily enough.

I think we can say this Kickstarter was very successful.
Now I'm more excited than ever to see what the future holds for this game, and Playtonic as well.

NNID
Tyblade363
Banjo and Kazooie would be great, but confession: i've never played Banjo Kazooie ;[. They seem cool though. Still free marketing for M$, and that's the LAST thing we want.

ReturnRare

Smash Rookie
NNID
WVdUde
3DS FC
5412-9894-2063
Banjo and Kazooie would be great, but confession: i've never played Banjo Kazooie ;[. They seem cool though. Still free marketing for M$, and that's the LAST thing we want.
Most gamers that remember Banjo & Kazoois associate them with Nintendo, not Xbox. Now if Master Chief was put in as DLC that'd be a different story.

Banjo & Kazooie as DLC would celebrate the characters themselves and the role them and Rareware played in the history of Nintendo. If they end up being viewed as an "advertisement for Xbox" then that'd be a small price to pay to be able to play as our favorite 3D platforming duo.

Also, anyone who wants to help me spread awareness on twitter through #BanjoForSmash can visit me at @ ReturnRare ReturnRare .

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
@ JamesDNaux JamesDNaux , I'm attemtping to do something similar to your Jinjo House for another thread of mines and I need a bit of advice on how to actually make it.

Whenever I try to collapse everything together (the different spoilers for each "teams", my OP turns out to be a bit jumbled with the multiple spoilers. Have any ideas on why that happens?

EDIT: Nevermind, it's completely fixed. Should have known that a "Quote" function exists.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
@ JamesDNaux JamesDNaux , I'm attemtping to do something similar to your Jinjo House for another thread of mines and I need a bit of advice on how to actually make it.

Whenever I try to collapse everything together (the different spoilers for each "teams", my OP turns out to be a bit jumbled with the multiple spoilers. Have any ideas on why that happens?

EDIT: Nevermind, it's completely fixed. Should have known that a "Quote" function exists.
I'm getting a weird sense of deja vu from this post.

But yeah, it was quotes. Stealing me idea are we? :troll:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'm getting a weird sense of deja vu from this post.

But yeah, it was quotes. Stealing me idea are we? :troll:
Since the thread I have supports multiple characters from an upcoming game people would call "J-Pop Trash", I figured that some special organization for all five characters were needed (Sorry James). That way anyone new who wants to support can choose which Gebei Ibun Roku #FE character they want in Smash.

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
So, in a recent Famitsu column, Sakurai has confirmed that the rest of the character DLC for Smash will be fanservice from the Smash Ballot. He mentioned that we can only have so many characters left, seeing as the dev team can't stick around forever, but he did say that he has room for just "several" more characters. So... does this mean that Banjo & Kazooie don't have to "win" the Smash Ballot, but rather just be high ranking (I'm thinking somewhere in the top 5 to 10.)? And, even if the Banjo for Smash hype has died down a bit, do you think the bird and bear have enough support still to rank high enough to be considered? On a somewhat related note, which characters to you think rank high enough to be a shoo-in for Smash?

Last edited:
3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
So, if Banjo & Kazooie got into Smash, what music do you think would be added to Smash? I'm thinking that the opening theme, spiral mountain theme, Freezeezy peak theme, and Grunty's boss theme are shoo ins. Any other themes that you think would make it into Smash?

yani

Smash Lord
I wish there was a way for Nintendo to acknowledge whether or not Banjo is actually eligible for the ballot. I feel a confirmation would boost support tremendously.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Back when word of Microsoft's tweet was still making its way around, there was another tweet from Nintendo claiming only their characters were eligible. This caused something of a confused uproar among fans, who had by now seen several companies pushing their mascots, and in direct response to them questioning whether any of these third parties were valid votes, Nintendo took back their statement, saying that all video game characters would be considered.
This is not direct confirmation that Banjo is eligible but it is the closest we will get and, from my perspective atleast, it seems pretty close as we know Nintendo knew which third parties were being spoken of.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I had a pretty killer moveset idea for our favorite duo.
It'd be awesome if they had a specific supply of Eggs, Red Feathers, and Golden Feathers that they expended when using egg attacks, Wonderwing, flying etc. They'd regenerate their supply by fighting. I think it'd be a great reference to how the original games worked.

So, if Banjo & Kazooie got into Smash, what music do you think would be added to Smash? I'm thinking that the opening theme, spiral mountain theme, Freezeezy peak theme, and Grunty's boss theme are shoo ins. Any other themes that you think would make it into Smash?
All I need is The Main Theme, Spiral Mountain, and Rusty Bucket Bay. Everything else is gravy.

Top Bottom