• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Banjo-Kazooie: Dynamic Jiggy Duo - Project Dream

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
oh man I just realized if Rare is making a banjo game I wont be able to play it. . .im never buying an Xbone but thats the only place a banjo game could go to :/
If they make a Banjo game that's actually a real Banjo game, with iconic stuff, a focus on actual classic platforming, and all the great elements Kazooie and Tooie have, I'll give them my money and buy an XBone; they're already making me consider with how nice Conker's Big Reunion looks, and rumor has it a new Banjo game'll be announced at E3.

If they do it right, they'll get my business.

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
Your friend is amazing!

I'd be down with a merge of the two. With the original design having a little more influence.

Oh yes. I love this! This seems to be a great modernization of Banjo & reminds me in a way of the redesign of Rayman in Origins/Legends: A bit younger and naive. Great! :grin:

Last edited:

SilverWolf7

Smash Apprentice
If you guys stop by the Official Character Discussion Thread, JonTron had finally voted for Banjo and spread the word to his fans on Twitter. I've got to say it took that sexy bearded badass long enough.
Finally. Link?

My friend is still hard at work on his Banjo render. Here's a sneak peak!

http://i.imgur.com/4zUP61e.jpg
Oh my, very well done!

There is something about these renders that concerns me though. Please let me know what all of you think of it...

Do you think a famous render, or a few well done renders of certain characters will make it less likely for the character to be in? I know that might sound weird but let me explain. We're talking about Sakurai, a man who didn't make another story mode for this Smash Bros. because "they would be spoiled and put on the internet" (paraphrase). I wonder if he would see these incredibly well done Banjo renders and think to himself "well if you all can make these renders so well done, just make the character yourself or for your own game."

This might sound strange but...we're talking about Mashairo Sakurai.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Hey? Can I get your opinions on something?... What I'm gonna show you is a bit of a stretch.. a big one actually, but I still felt like it was worth discussing ^_^ (And yes, it is ballot related)

http://pastebin.com/TPeztAf7

(Note: To those that have already seen this from the discussion we had in the thread this originated from, no need to read the whole thing :p)

D

Deleted member

There is something about these renders that concerns me though. Please let me know what all of you think of it...

Do you think a famous render, or a few well done renders of certain characters will make it less likely for the character to be in? I know that might sound weird but let me explain. We're talking about Sakurai, a man who didn't make another story mode for this Smash Bros. because "they would be spoiled and put on the internet" (paraphrase). I wonder if he would see these incredibly well done Banjo renders and think to himself "well if you all can make these renders so well done, just make the character yourself or for your own game."

Who knows. Let's just keep spreading the word so that at least Banjo-Kazooie scores high on the ballot. Everything is possible even if it's unlikely. :)

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Finally. Link?

Oh my, very well done!

I wouldn't worry about that; that's a bit like worrying about Project M making Mewtwo, and then Sakurai deciding not to do Mewtwo for Smash 4 because hey, the fans did it, just do your own. I wouldn't sweat it too much. :shades:

SilverWolf7

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't worry about that; that's a bit like worrying about Project M making Mewtwo, and then Sakurai deciding not to do Mewtwo for Smash 4 because hey, the fans did it, just do your own. I wouldn't sweat it too much. :shades:
k you're right. Just thought I'd put that out there. I agree with you.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
I wonder if our votes will be deluded because people are voting for Banjo, Banjo Kazooie, Banjo and Kazooie, Banjo & Kazooie and Banjo-Kazooie...

Surly they will count them all together..

Just edited after seeing two more examples, god so many variations.

Last edited:

yani

Smash Lord
Y'all better be voting for Banjo-Kazooie!!!! #YESWEKAZOOIE #ISTANDWITHPHIL #BANJOFORSMASH

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
So which one of you is running the Banjo for smash twitter account (@returnrare) ?

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Finally. Link?

Oh my, very well done!

This doesn't make any sense, you are worrying about something that has zero effect in a characters' """chances""". And while Sakurai's excuse for no story mode was dumb, it is clear that the reason for no story mode was very different (budget/time constraints and the fact Subspace Emissary slowed down Brawl's development considerably, something Nintendo could not afford to let happen with Smash 4).

SalsaSavant

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SalsaSavior
I'm not here enough to take care of a big thread like this, and I know people made content for the OP. If it's cool, I'd like to transfer control of the thread to someone else. Any volunteers?

Also, how do you do transfer?

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I'm not here enough to take care of a big thread like this, and I know people made content for the OP. If it's cool, I'd like to transfer control of the thread to someone else. Any volunteers?

I'm up for it.

You need to call a moderator to transfer ownership though.

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman

JamesDNaux would love to do this. I'm all up for this. Just look at his Rayman thread, he really does care and tries to make it look great at the same time!

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux

JamesDNaux would love to do this. I'm all up for this. Just look at his Rayman thread, he really does care and tries to make it look great at the same time!
Yeah, I've got a lot of stuff I'd love to do with the thread, I was thinking about asking, but since you're actually looking to pass it along, that's even better. I love Banjo even more than Rayman, so it'll be a top priority for me.

SalsaSavant

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SalsaSavior
Yeah, I've got a lot of stuff I'd love to do with the thread, I was thinking about asking, but since you're actually looking to pass it along, that's even better. I love Banjo even more than Rayman, so it'll be a top priority for me.
Okay, great. I'll contact a mod. Just gimme a few minutes.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I've already started working on some stuff for the OP, can't wait to actually set it up!

How's this for a header?

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
I've already started working on some stuff for the OP, can't wait to actually set it up!

How's this for a header?
The spacing between some words and letters is off. For example, there is lots of space next to the 'and', but very little between 'Kazooie' and 'for'. It's also very much visible in 'smash', where the S is close to the H, but the rest have more distance between each other.
Also, I'd make it 'Smash Wii U and 3DS DLC'.
Other than that, hell yes.

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
The spacing between some words and letters is off. For example, there is lots of space next to the 'and', but very little between 'Kazooie' and 'for'. It's also very much visible in 'smash', where the S is close to the H, but the rest have more distance between each other.
I would say that this is a replication of the original logo:

All the letters look kinda shaked as well.

@ JamesDNaux JamesDNaux : By the way, don't you want to use the red-blue color scheme for the title? Or does it look bad on this background?

Last edited:

SalsaSavant

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SalsaSavior
From Swampasaur

"We aren't actually able to do that anymore."

So....well....hmm.

Does he mean just him, or in general? I sent him a followup asking that.

Well, this is disappointing. I'm not able to come here very often, and I certainly can't keep it up.
The only thing I can think of is making a new thread.

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
From Swampasaur

"We aren't actually able to do that anymore."

So....well....hmm.

Does he mean just him, or in general? I sent him a followup asking that.

Well, this is disappointing. I'm not able to come here very often, and I certainly can't keep it up.
The only thing I can think of is making a new thread.
Why? I don't get why they have to make things more complicated. We already have a second support thread now, since they refused to re-open the original one. Now a third one? Talking about keeping the forum clean, huh? ...

Last edited:

SalsaSavant

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SalsaSavior
Why? I don't get why they have to make things more complicated. We already have a second support thread now, since they refused to re-open the original one. Now a third one? Talking about spamming the forum, huh? ...
We'll just have to see.

We can continue using this one for now, and see how this develops.

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
Maybe you should also ask someone else. Its not like they don't have this possibility.

Spirst

Swampasaur was right. We don't actually have the ability to do this anymore after some changes to the site happened. I was curious for a workaround so I ended up moving a post from James' that was made before April 3rd (OP date) into this thread so his older post would be the OP. Then I merged his and the original OP and edited out the moved post. Looks like it worked just fine. Enjoy.

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
Swampasaur was right. We don't actually have the ability to do this anymore after some changes to the site happened. I was curious for a workaround so I ended up moving a post from James' that was made before April 3rd (OP date) into this thread so his older post would be the OP. Then I merged his and the original OP and edited out the moved post. Looks like it worked just fine. Enjoy.
This is great, thank you so much!

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Alright, I just got back from picking up Xenoblade 3D and everything's been arranged here, time to get to work!

It's actually not my fault, the font just does that for some reason. I could do more editing, but I thought I'd leave it as is.

@ JamesDNaux JamesDNaux : By the way, don't you want to use the red-blue color scheme for the title? Or does it look bad on this background?
I thought I'd use yellow since it's kind of the medium colour between the two...

I'll definitely make the Banjo-Kazooie colour coded though, this was just an example piece. I'm mostly looking for feedback on the actual text itself, so I could possibly change it to something more fitting.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I didn't mention Pokemon trainer, because he can't exist.

In smash 4, all transformations were split. Since Pokemon trainer's entire gimmick was switching between three pokemon, thats not happening. We are lucky Charizard managed to return, and that was mostly due to the fact he was the most popular of the three. If we were lucky, the other two could "maybe" come back as dlc. But Pokemon trainer, unless you want him literally fighting, wouldn't be coming back...

So, I'm afraid "your view is moot" here. :)

Besides, we already have enough pokemon as it is... Mewtwo is going to bring the total back up to six.. as it should be.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Again, as I said, not trying to step on anyone's mains here, as I said in that very post you quoted. I'm just getting sick of those requests for characters that have already been in the game... I wish people would realize if they were coming back, they are already being planned. Infact I already have a feeling we might at least see Wolf confirmed as returning DLC when the next E3 rolls around.

Also not knocking Squirtle, or Ivysaur with that previous post either. Infact I played them to death in brawl. I just have my doubts they could be returning, under the circumstances we have now.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Its not just because of the tweet. There have always been people that would like to have seen the two in smash. The only reason their thoughts were never voiced was due to the fact that everyone still thought there would be no possible way Microsoft would allow Nintendo to use the IP in the first place.. It didn't seem possible then. Now, it does. Add to the fact that Nintendo confirmed yesterday that "Any" videogame character is Eligible for that ballot, and you would understand the sudden boost in confidence and support in all these 3rd party campaigns.
He would fight with Pokeballs and summons.

Fire_Voyager

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if this apeared yet, I Like some of the the normals and the throws.

Did You saw this video: I like the difference between the Shield roll and the run attack

Now, This are my ideas for the specials:

I think BK should have a Red/Gold feather, Egg "usage mechanic" like Robin.
In this way, they could be powerful, but with this mechanic they wont be OP.

For a normal B they could use "Breegull Blaster", so Kazooie, could shoot eggs, but when they run out, she could do "Beak Bayonet".
with the alternatives being: a) "Fire Eggs Blaster" (with obvius properties) and b) just "Beak Bayonet", in this case it doesn't run out of anything, and hits hard.

For Side B, they could do "Wonder Wing", that could be a reflector on the run, with a sweet spot in the beginning for a heavy hit with a good knockback, when the GF run out, this could be just a tackle, like the "Speed crasher" Equipment in ssb4.
with the alternatives being: a) "Not so wonder wing", without the reflector property but damage dealing, and b) "Reflector wing", in this case it doesn't deal damage, but always reflect projectiles. Both of these can run out of feathers

Up B, they could use "Flight" on the ground, like Pit, but in the air it becomes "Beak bomb", when the RF run out, they just fly without dealing damage.
with the alternatives being: a) "Shock Jump", Just a high jump like Dedede, dealing damage on the landing, and b) "Wing whack", in this case just fly upwards and deals little damage but has a wind effect. both of these doesn't run out of feathers

Down B: "Clockwork Egg Lay", Like Bowser Jr Mechakoopas, just one at a time, and when they run out, just the sound.
with the alternatives being: a) "Grenade Egg Lay", with explosive propierties, and b) "Ice Egg Lay", it get stuck in the ground and Freezes on contact. Both of these can run out of eggs

All of this with a cool down time similar to Robin's. between 6 to 10 seconds

EDIT: I almost forgot, their equipment would be the Eggs for Attack, Feathers for Speed, and Clothes for defense (http://www.ssbwiki.com/Equipment)

Hope you like some of these.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Err, there appear to be some technical difficulties. I can't seem to edit the OP, it fails every time I try...

Edit: Something definitely got messed up in the process of changing me to the OP of this thread, I can still edit my other thread just fine. The site goes screwy for a minute any time I try to edit this one.

Last edited:

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Down B: "Clockwork Egg Lay", Like Bowser Jr Mechakoopas, just one at a time, and when they run out, just the sound.
with the alternatives being: a) "Grenade Egg Lay", with explosive propierties, and b) "Ice Egg Lay", it get stuck in the ground and Freezes on contact. Both of these can run out of eggs.
Wouldn't the multiplayer exclusive Proximity Eggs make more sense than the Ice Eggs there?

Top Bottom