• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Banjo-Kazooie: Dynamic Jiggy Duo - Project Dream

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Swampasaur was right. We don't actually have the ability to do this anymore after some changes to the site happened. I was curious for a workaround so I ended up moving a post from James' that was made before April 3rd (OP date) into this thread so his older post would be the OP. Then I merged his and the original OP and edited out the moved post. Looks like it worked just fine. Enjoy.
Uh, there must have been a screw knocked loose when you were tinkering around back their, I'm completely unable to edit the OP without the site giving me an offline error. It's only doing it when I try to edit that post in particular...

Spirst

Uh, there must have been a screw knocked loose when you were tinkering around back their, I'm completely unable to edit the OP without the site giving me an offline error. It's only doing it when I try to edit that post in particular...
Try going to preferences>uncheck "Use rich text editor to create and edit messages">try editing it again

The rich text editor presents issues when there's too much formatting in the OP.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don't know if this apeared yet, I Like some of the the normals and the throws.

Did You saw this video: I like the difference between the Shield roll and the run attack

Now, This are my ideas for the specials:

I think BK should have a Red/Gold feather, Egg "usage mechanic" like Robin.
In this way, they could be powerful, but with this mechanic they wont be OP.

For a normal B they could use "Breegull Blaster", so Kazooie, could shoot eggs, but when they run out, she could do "Beak Bayonet".
with the alternatives being: a) "Fire Eggs Blaster" (with obvius properties) and b) just "Beak Bayonet", in this case it doesn't run out of anything, and hits hard.

For Side B, they could do "Wonder Wing", that could be a reflector on the run, with a sweet spot in the beginning for a heavy hit with a good knockback, when the GF run out, this could be just a tackle, like the "Speed crasher" Equipment in ssb4.
with the alternatives being: a) "Not so wonder wing", without the reflector property but damage dealing, and b) "Reflector wing", in this case it doesn't deal damage, but always reflect projectiles. Both of these can run out of feathers

Up B, they could use "Flight" on the ground, like Pit, but in the air it becomes "Beak bomb", when the RF run out, they just fly without dealing damage.
with the alternatives being: a) "Shock Jump", Just a high jump like Dedede, dealing damage on the landing, and b) "Wing whack", in this case just fly upwards and deals little damage but has a wind effect. both of these doesn't run out of feathers

Down B: "Clockwork Egg Lay", Like Bowser Jr Mechakoopas, just one at a time, and when they run out, just the sound.
with the alternatives being: a) "Grenade Egg Lay", with explosive propierties, and b) "Ice Egg Lay", it get stuck in the ground and Freezes on contact. Both of these can run out of eggs

All of this with a cool down time similar to Robin's. between 6 to 10 seconds

EDIT: I almost forgot, their equipment would be the Eggs for Attack, Feathers for Speed, and Clothes for defense (http://www.ssbwiki.com/Equipment)

Hope you like some of these.
The great thing about Banjo & Kazooie in Smash is that there are so many possibilities for moves. It's not even a stretch at all. It's more of a problem to fit in as many as possible, as opposed to wondering "what could they do?"

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Try going to preferences>uncheck "Use rich text editor to create and edit messages">try editing it again

The rich text editor presents issues when there's too much formatting in the OP.
Alright, it worked! Thanks again for everything.

I can see what the problem was now, there was so much badly done formatting and links all over the place...

I had to pretty much wipe the whole thing to get it into a workable state, but now I'm getting it fixed back up.

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
Alright, it worked! Thanks again for everything.

I can see what the problem was now, there was so much badly done formatting and links all over the place...

I had to pretty much wipe the whole thing to get it into a workable state, but now I'm getting it fixed back up.
Yeah, I don't remember why I tried it in the first place, but quoting the OP resulted in a crash as well...

ErenJager

Smash Champion
If they make a Banjo game that's actually a real Banjo game, with iconic stuff, a focus on actual classic platforming, and all the great elements Kazooie and Tooie have, I'll give them my money and buy an XBone; they're already making me consider with how nice Conker's Big Reunion looks, and rumor has it a new Banjo game'll be announced at E3.

If they do it right, they'll get my business.
I hope they do a Banjo x Conker crossover.
Banjo's Bad Fur Day would be great.

I hope they do a Banjo x Conker crossover.
Banjo's Bad Fur Day would be great.
Why has no one everthought of this?

Kazooie would totally peer pressure the **** out of banjo

Plus it would fit just right with xbones more mature audience :troll:
But than they'd need to let Kazooie go nuts. Banjo doesn't really have... mean ambitions.
And yet your avi is an angry banjo :p

Last edited:

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
Why has no one everthought of this?

Kazooie would totally peer pressure the **** out of banjo

Plus it would fit just right with xbones more mature audience :troll:

And yet your avi is an angry banjo :p
Sometimes he stops taking **** from Kazooie, that's all :grin:

Fire_Voyager

Smash Journeyman
Wouldn't the multiplayer exclusive Proximity Eggs make more sense than the Ice Eggs there?
Yeah, but I wanted something that isn't explosive =p but explosions are awesome too. There are a LOT of possibilities, and thats why we want them so much =)

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I'm still far from done, but I've gotten quite a bit done on the OP so far.

Things to do:
  • Refine areas I've already added
  • Re-add other movesets and such
  • Go on a trip down Grant Kirkhope lane
  • Wait for that totally cool Banjo picture to get finished
  • Make new stuff with said image
  • Find a logo for Grunty's Revenge
  • Play the Tower of Tragedy
  • Have tea with Gregg Mayles
  • Buy back Rare
  • Draw cool pictures of Banjo and Rayman
  • Hang them up on the fridge
  • Cosplay in a Banjo suit at a convention
  • Oh god that was the wrong convention
  • Eekum Bokum
  • Actually play Xenoblade 3D
  • Seriously, I put it off to work on this thread
  • Finish working on the thread

So what does everyone think of the OP so far? It's still very bare bones, but I want to get a general feel, some good feedback from everyone. Is the layout alright? What would you like to see? Suggestions are always welcome!

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
I'm still far from done, but I've gotten quite a bit done on the OP so far.

Things to do:
  • Refine areas I've already added
  • Re-add other movesets and such
  • Go on a trip down Grant Kirkhope lane
  • Wait for that totally cool Banjo picture to get finished
  • Make new stuff with said image
  • Play the Tower of Tragedy
  • Have tea with Gregg Mayles
  • Buy back Rare
  • Draw cool pictures of Banjo and Rayman
  • Hang them up on the fridge
  • Cosplay in a Banjo suit at a convention
  • Oh god that was the wrong convention
  • Eekum Bokum
  • Actually play Xenoblade 3D
  • Seriously, I put it off to work on this thread
  • Finish working on the thread

So what does everyone think of the OP so far? It's still very bare bones, but I want to get a general feel, some good feedback from everyone. Is the layout alright? What would you like to see? Suggestions are always welcome!
Love the BK references throughout. Can I please be added to the list of supporters? I mean Jinjo family. Xenoblade is amazing. Move that up a few places on your to do list. :)

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Love the BK references throughout. Can I please be added to the list of supporters? I mean Jinjo family. Xenoblade is amazing. Move that up a few places on your to do list. :)
You're already on it!

And to be honest, I'm already quite lost in the game, they weren't joking about how big it is.

SilverWolf7

Smash Apprentice
This doesn't make any sense, you are worrying about something that has zero effect in a characters' """chances""". And while Sakurai's excuse for no story mode was dumb, it is clear that the reason for no story mode was very different (budget/time constraints and the fact Subspace Emissary slowed down Brawl's development considerably, something Nintendo could not afford to let happen with Smash 4).
Did you not read the next post I made? I acknowledge it shouldn't be of much concern.

SilverWolf7

Smash Apprentice
Why We Believe That Banjo-Kazooie Should Be In Smash

Occasionally I will come across people who refuse to acknowledge the possibility of Banjo-Kazooie entering Super Smash Brothers. Whenever I mention that I would like Banjo-Kazooie to be added as a downloadable character for Smash, people tend to either acknowledge that he'd be a pleasant addition, or don't believe that he will be in due to the IP (intellectual property) being owned by Microsoft. Since many fans of Banjo-Kazooie who want the character(s) in Super Smash Brothers as DLC (downloadable content) aren't voting for him simply because they doubt it is plausible, I want to write something that will convince them otherwise. My goal is to demonstrate through this, that Banjo-Kazooie is entirely plausible, and perhaps even likely to be added as DLC. I will mostly be addressing reasons that they can or should be added, but I will also occasionally mention counter arguments so as not to seem totally biased. But I will definitely say, that I do want Banjo-Kazooie in Smash. I just don't want to come across as a desperate, illogical, overly optimistic Banjo-Kazooie fan. lolz
The Ballot is Open to Third Party Characters

Most people seem to know this by now, but for those who do not, the ballot is indeed open to third party characters. Just in case you do not believe me, look at this link: http://mynintendonews.com/2015/04/0...e-character-is-eligible-for-super-smash-bros/
Now obviously, this does not mean that characters like, Shrek or Goku will ever be added. This is referring to video game characters only. While I do not have a source for the following, the general rules for a third party character being added are:

1) They must be a video game character
2) They must have appeared on a Nintendo console at least once
3) They must fit within the atmosphere of the game
4) Sakurai must consider them worthy and approve

Now if you were to look at any of the third party characters in Super Smash Brothers Brawl or Super Smash Brothers for Wii U and 3DS, you would find that they all follow these rules. Sonic, Mega Man and even Snake have all appeared on Nintendo consoles before, fit within the atmosphere of the game, and has Sakurai's approval. We will address these four rules later.

Phil Spencer Would Like Banjo to be the next Smash DLC

Many of you may know this by now, but in the event that you do not, please look at this: https://twitter.com/XboxP3/status/584023190692737024

Why is this significant? Phil Spencer is the head of Microsoft's Xbox division and Microsoft studios. This is a very big deal. The head of the Xbox division said that he thinks it would be cool if Banjo was the next DLC for Smash. All that's left now is the fans to let Nintendo know that they want Banjo in, and for Nintendo to approve. Ultimately, it is Sakurai's decision, but one of the biggest hurdles is out of the way; that obstacle being Microsoft allowing Banjo-Kazooie to be in Nintendo's fighting game.

Banjo-Kazooie is not a Microsoft Mascot

One argument that someone has mentioned to me is that Banjo will never be added to Smash because he is now a mascot for Microsoft. This is just not true. The Banjo-Kazooie intellectual property has been with Microsoft for many years now. When Rare left Nintendo, so did Banjo. If you search online "Nintendo mascot" you will see Mario. If you search for "Sega mascot" you will probably mostly see Sonic. If you look up "Namco Bandai mascot," you will most likely find Pacman. However, searching for "Microsoft mascot" will not show Banjo-Kazooie, other than perhaps an article from 2008 talking about how Banjo should be a mascot. The same year that Nuts & Bolts was released, mind you.
The fact of the matter is, Banjo-Kazooie is far from Microsoft's mascot. They've had so many years to do what they wanted to with Banjo, and all that was done was re-releasing the Nintendo 64 games on the Xbox Live Arcade, and creating Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts which most people did not enjoy, especially fans of the older games. Although the game did not sell well, most of the resentment from Banjo fans was simply due to the game being so different than what they wanted (personally, I truly enjoy Nuts & Bolts). You can ask most people who Nintendo's mascot is, and answer with "Mario." And most other people mgiht say that Sonic is Sega's mascot and that Pacman is Namco Bandai's. But highly doubt that most people you ask about Microsoft's mascot, will answer "Banjo-Kazooie." I don't even understand how anyone thinks that they can be a mascot with only one exclusive game on the Xbox 360 that did not even sell well. What other Banjo game was made exclusively for a Microsoft system? Banjo-Kazooie and Tooie were just re-releases that were made on the Nintendo 64.
Nintendo Has Used Rare IP Before
Phil Spencer said "We've worked with Nintendo on Rare IP before, no issues." This is entirely true. Banjo actually first appeared in "Diddy Kong Racing," and although he did not return for the re-release on the Nintendo DS, he has been on Nintendo consoles even after Rare and the Banjo-Kazooie IP belonged to Microsoft. This is exemplified by the release of "Banjo Pilot" for the Gameboy Advanced. This was initially planned to be a sequel to "Diddy Kong Racing" but was changed to Banjo characters because at this time Rare no longer had the rights to Donkey Kong characters. To compensate, Rare used what they still had the rights to: Banjo-Kazooie. Keep in mind, at this time, Rare was owned by Microsoft and the intellectual property had been settled between the companies; Donkey Kong characters created by Rare were now owned by Nintendo while characters like Conker and Banjo stayed with Rare, and consequently Microsoft.
The reason this is important, is that if Microsoft really had an issue with Banjo being on a Nintendo system, or if Nintendo had a problem using what would now be a Microsoft character on a Nintendo console, the game would not switch from a "Diddy Kong Racing" game, to a Banjo racing game. It would simply be cancelled. But it wasn't cancelled, because Microsoft nor Nintendo had an issue with Banjo being on a Nintendo console even though he was Microsoft owned.

Banjo-Kazooie as Smash DLC Would Benefit Nintendo as Well

To illustrate my point, we shall discuss a hypothetical scenario. Let us suppose for a moment, that the rumours of a Banjo-Kazooie sequel coming to the Xbox One is true. It's also important to note in this hypothetical scenario that the game does not fail, and does significantly better than Nuts & Bolts did. If this happens, Microsoft would have successfully used one of the greatest intellectual properties that they have in their property, many people would know of it, and enjoy it. If Banjo-Kazooie came to Super Smash Brothers, fans of this new Banjo game that they really enjoy would very possibly get excited knowing that this amazing character is in one of the greatest fighting games of all time. That may very well be all the incentive they need to get a 3DS or a Wii U, just to play a very popular game by Nintendo, and use one of their favourite characters from one of their favourite Xbox games. I personally know people that want a Wii U (or 3DS) just for Super Smash Brothers. Just because Super Smash Brothers is an initial incentive to purchase a Nintendo console, that does not mean people will start noticing other characters of the Smash game and consider trying out some of their games. I didn't know about Fire Emblem until I played Super Smash Brothers.

Of course Microsoft would benefit from Banjo-Kazooie being in Super Smash Brothers. But Nintendo would too! Anyone who enjoyed the Banjo-Kazooie games on the Nintendo 64 as children, who are older now may be excited hearing that one of their favourite characters is in one of the greatest fighting games of all time. That may be all the incentive they need to get a Nintendo console and play Smash. Perhaps there may even be some new fans of Banjo, from the Xbox Live Arcade who didn't have a Nintendo 64, but would be excited to know that Banjo is coming to a game of which is difficult to find anyone that truly dislikes (Super Smash Brothers).

The Fans want it

This will be a very brief point, but it's important. Fans want it. Well known people on YouTube have uploaded videos about the topic, such as Etika, in addition to the winner of Apex 2015, ZeRo (who wants Banjo-Kazooie in Smash Bros. more than any other character). More and more people are voting for him everyday. So far, Phil Spencer's tweet has been getting new favourites/retweets every day. People are becoming increasingly aware of Banjo's increasing probability of joining Smash.

Banjo Follows The Rules

Banjo fits all of the rules. As shown earlier, the rules for third party characters being in Smash seem to be:

1) They must be a video game character
2) They must have appeared on a Nintendo console at least once
3) They must fit within the atmosphere of the game
4) Sakurai must consider them worthy and approve

And we can obviously put Banjo in all of those:

1) Banjo is a video game character.
2) Banjo first appeared on the Nintendo 64 in two games, and later on the Gameboy Advanced in two games.
3) They are colourful, silly and unique, just as many of the other characters are in Super Smash Bros.
4) Sakurai agrees that they fit within the atmosphere, and planned for them to be in previous Smash games.

Sakurai Agrees With Us That Banjo Fits

Probably my favourite point of all, Masahiro Sakurai, the creator and director of all Super Smash Brothers games, believes that Banjo-Kazooie fits well in the game. For those who do not know, Banjo-Kazooie were planned for Super Smash Brothers on the Nintendo 64. The reason they weren't was due to time restraints. Other characters such as MewTwo and King Dedede were also planned to be playable, in addition to some others. What this means is, that Sakurai believes they fit in the game, which is important. Sakurai ultimately makes the executive decision (for the most part) when it comes to who is added in the game and who is not. For all we know, Sakurai had already thought up a rather clever moveset for Banjo-Kazooie. The fact that they were planned to be playable characters says that Sakurai agrees with us, in that Banjo-Kazooie fits within the atmosphere of Super Smash Brothers quite well. He would be far from a Duck Hunt Duo clone, for anyone who might suspect Banjo of being a clone.

Just in case anyone disagrees that they fit within the atmosphere, I think we can all agree that he fits more than Snake did. Sakurai made him work well, and even though that was because Snake was requested to be in by Hideo Kojima since Melee, I see no reason why Sakurai wouldn't put in an already well fitting character into a game that his fans request and Phil Spencer is fine with, who wasn't in previous Smash games simply due to lack of time.
Is this still going to be moved to the OP/front page or whatever it is? I also might make some adjustments to this, so would I need to do that before it's moved anywhere?

Last edited:

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Things to do:
On White:

On Black:

And a neat little bonus just incase:

That gradient glow's going to prove problematic if you want to get rid of the background but you might be able to simply overlay them and tweak the layer transparency to make the background match smashboards instead.

Also, I notice I'm not a jinjo. Can I be a black one please?

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
On White:

On Black:

And a neat little bonus just incase:

That gradient glow's going to prove problematic if you want to get rid of the background but you might be able to simply overlay them and tweak the layer transparency to make the background match smashboards instead.

Also, I notice I'm not a jinjo. Can I be a black one please?
Yeah, it was a transparent one I was looking for, but I don't have the means to get rid of the background proper.

Oh yeah, if I missed anyone on my escapade through the thread, be sure to shout "Jinjo!" if you want on the list.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Nice! BTW, Project Ukulele's Kickstarter project will be up on May 1st. Here's hoping that the release some more teasers for this month.

CommanderZaktan

Smash Ace
I voted for them and will support them. Just like the other fighters I voted for.

Last edited:
Jinjo!

So happy.

Btw that gameboy game gruntys revenge. Is it any good?

I expect bias but oh well. I assume a rom exists somewhere so i could emulate it one day.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Jinjo!

If BK get in, I'm hoping they get a stage as well. We need some of Grant Kirkhope's lovely music to appear

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
I found a interesting read on this blog were it showed all the evidence pointing to DLC in smash, but what really caught my eye was the extra all star stages for 7-9 on Wii U, so there's the possibility of a total of 16 DLC characters including Mewtwo & Lucas so there could be 14 slots left. What do you guys think?
https://sourcegaming.wordpress.com/2015/04/10/was-dlc-planned-for-smash-4/

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
I found a interesting read on this blog were it showed all the evidence pointing to DLC in smash, but what really caught my eye was the extra all star stages for 7-9 on Wii U, so there's the possibility of a total of 16 DLC characters including Mewtwo & Lucas so there could be 14 slots left. What do you guys think?
https://sourcegaming.wordpress.com/2015/04/10/was-dlc-planned-for-smash-4/
As long as it includes room for a certain limbless thingamajig, then I'm all up for it.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
So,

I just got to Hailfire Peaks. Does the Humba Wumba transformation there even have a purpose?
Well, it's required to activating the larger switches on the icy side, but that's pretty much it.

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
Damn, just realised I'm not part of the Jinjo Family -- add me please! I did vote for BK after all!!

I've completed Banjo-Kazooie many times, but never have I completed Banjo-Tooie. But, in light of this thread, I'm changing that. I started it the other day, and I'm loving it! The new characters are awesome, and I love lines like "Only food purchased from McJiggie's can be consumed within". It's got all the charm of Banjo-Kazooie and more, and Kazooie's joking and Gruntilda's rhyming are better than ever!

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
MINJO!

(@ JamesDNaux JamesDNaux you have to swap the E and U at the beginning of my name :) )

In change you get the Grunty's Revenge logo I just segmented for real transparency (especially around that glowing part)!

I've completed Banjo-Kazooie many times, but never have I completed Banjo-Tooie. But, in light of this thread, I'm changing that. I started it the other day, and I'm loving it! The new characters are awesome, and I love lines like "Only food purchased from McJiggie's can be consumed within". It's got all the charm of Banjo-Kazooie and more, and Kazooie's joking and Gruntilda's rhyming are better than ever!
Well, but the rhyming doesn't last as long in this game... as you probably know. But at least she got her weird yoda-sisters that speak backwards all the time :laugh:

Last edited:

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
I watched a let's play of Grunty's Revenge a few years back. I'd give it a shot if it was rereleased on Wii U somehow, but it didnt seem to have the same charm or impact as the originals

Fire_Voyager

Smash Journeyman
The thing that should happen is getting a remake of the Original BK on the 3DS or even better, have a sequel on it, that combines aspects from the Original 3 (BK, BT & GR) and from N&B, I know it isn't a fan favorite, but it wasn't awful, just, not what we expected.
with an artstyle similar to B&N and the adventure tone of the traditional collectathlon.

why for the 3DS, Microsoft will never give BK back to Nintendo for the home console, but they don't have a portable console, and we have GR as an example of this...

so let's pray Dx

and please, can I Join the Jinjo family of supporters? =p

Top Bottom