• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Banjo-Kazooie: Dynamic Jiggy Duo - Project Dream

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman

The logo is now big (while not being too big like a certain dragon), "Vote for" is now below the imaginary line to perfectly match the tagline, and "Bear" is now the same color as his cool backpack. Is this your final order? :)
Awesome, that looks perfect! Or can I even say, "official"? Good work! But can you post this in its initial resolution? Like the one your first draw had?

Now make one that's sig sized. :troll:
Well for signature purposes, he'd had to rearrange the whole thing & fit it in a horizontal shape, but not just shrink it down. But I guess you weren't serious anyway :grin:

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Well for signature purposes, he'd had to rearrange the whole thing & fit it in a horizontal shape, but not just shrink it down. But I guess you weren't serious anyway :grin:
Well I do seriously want something in my sig that says "Vote Banjo-Kazooie!"

I'll probably try to make something.

CitrusRain

Smash Apprentice
That bit of Kentucky that has fried chicken.
NNID
CitrusRain
3DS FC
2079-7126-2128
Last edited:

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
Well I do seriously want something in my sig that says "Vote Banjo-Kazooie!"

I'll probably try to make something.
Oh, alright. Maybe I'll go and try to do one as well some day. What I'm really digging now is that art that was inspired by the "Smashified" series.

Here is it again:

I'd ask the creator (Cameron from DK Vine) if I could use it somehow. Or you can do this as well, it looks veery much how I imagine their entry in the Smash series. Besides, original art is always better *g*

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Awesome, that looks perfect! Or can I even say, "official"? Good work! But can you post this in its initial resolution? Like the one your first draw had?
The original quality image was a big massive, so making it a bit small would ruin it's resolution.

Here's for the full sized image however.

While this slightly smaller version like the first one should't be too bad.

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
Actually, this could increase the chances for even more third party Nintendo support. Disney had dabbled in video games before with at least on good series so far. *cough* Soraforsmash *cough*
Sora would be awesome!

I have to admit, however, I've never gotten into Kingdom Hearts. It's sitting in my PS2 collection, and I promised to play it during the holidays (right now) to my friends. I should get to that...

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Actually, this could increase the chances for even more third party Nintendo support. Disney had dabbled in video games before with at least on good series so far. *cough* Soraforsmash *cough*
The issue is... There is two things that usually don't translate well into film form. Anime, and Video games... Not sure why, they just never seem to either do them justice, or completely butcher the franchise

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
The issue is... There is two things that usually don't translate well into film form. Anime, and Video games... Not sure why, they just never seem to either do them justice, or completely butcher the franchise
Truuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuue, but at this point, I generally trust that anything Disney /Pixar will be at best pretty good. Their worst project in the last couple of years has been Cars, and even that was just meh. (not terrible, but far from great.)

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Given how it's specifically the Wreck it Ralph team in this rumour, I expect it'd turn out fine. The story wasn't amazing by any means and there were certainly plot holes but it was enjoyable and they went for very retro designs in modern CG animation style, rather than updating characters to their modern looks.

Depending on how much say in the design Microsoft decide to have, that is subject to change but I do expect the look to be closer to a high quality N64 style than anything 360.

Oh and Rueck, I'm not really a fan of that art. Banjo's toes need rounder edges and his shorts are completely unnatural in the pointed way they hang. Plus his teeth are too prominent. My main issue though is the fur and feather textures. Fuzzy Banjo is cool but scarecrow in dire need of a haircut banjo is not and that Kazooie looks an awful lot like the poor quality leaf pile textures from autumn clickclock wood.

A slight bit of rounding and some less visible edges to the fur/feathers would do that render a world of good.

Last edited:

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Not a surprise that Microsoft is trying all this now that you think about it.. I mean Nuts and Bolts is seven years old now.. XD

These sorta things, like the movie, and, if it happened, Banjo getting into smash would sorta "refresh" the franchise.. make it relevant again

Last edited:
3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
Not a surprise that Microsoft is trying all this now that you think about it.. I mean Nuts and Bolts is seven years old now.. XD

These sorta things, like the movie, and, if it happened, Banjo getting into smash would sorta "refresh" the franchise.. make it relevant again
If it means friendlier terms with Nintendo, and the chance for BK games on the Wii U, I don't care what they do with the IP.

CitrusRain

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CitrusRain
3DS FC
2079-7126-2128
I would love for the series to become active again.
I mean, I've err... we've been waiting for the platforming game that's actually named Banjo-Threeie for 15 years.

I don't dismiss Banjo & Kazooie Nuts & Bolts, as I expect Grunty to build us the real game that her hacky sack head told us to wait for! :p

I'm afraid of Project Ukulele meaning death of the series.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I can't wait for Ukulele, even though I'll always love the Banjo series, I've been waiting for a 3D platformer for years.

Plus it's from the real guys who know what they're doing, I doubt Rare even knows what a game is anymore.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
I can't wait for Ukulele, even though I'll always love the Banjo series, I've been waiting for a 3D platformer for years.

Plus it's from the real guys who know what they're doing, I doubt Rare even knows what a game is anymore.
It feels like Rareware is a ghost of it's former self to be honest. It trolls fans on a regular basis.

I mean it was one thing that Nuts and Bolts pretty much abandoned the game's roots... but it flat out MADE FUN of the platforming concept.. They were pretty much giving fans the middle finger with that game.. remember that little sequence with the notes?... :/

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
It feels like Rareware is a ghost of it's former self to be honest. It trolls fans on a regular basis.

I mean it was one thing that Nuts and Bolts pretty much abandoned the game's roots... but it flat out MADE FUN of the platforming concept.. They were pretty much giving fans the middle finger with that game.. remember that little sequence with the notes?... :/
I didn't mind the playing on platforming tropes.

i actually thought nuts and bolts was a great spin off :/

Of course it was a series that needed a sequel instead of a spinoff but by itself it was pretty fun.

And the beginning part was satire. You arent meant to take it seriously

SilverWolf7

Smash Apprentice
So....has everyone tweeted this out to JonTron, GameXplain or any one else well known that is a fan of Banjo-Kazooie?

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord

Of course it was a series that needed a sequel instead of a spinoff but by itself it was pretty fun.

Yeah. We all know L.O.G is just a barrel of laughs too.. :/

But hey. The game does do well on it's own, I'll admit.. At least they didn't try to call it Threeie.. lol

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux

Nuts & Bolts is a good game.

But there hasn't been a 3D platformer with the Mario 64 formula in over a decade.

It's my favorite kind of game and I desperately miss the genre.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Nuts & Bolts is a good game.

But there hasn't been a 3D platformer with the Mario 64 formula in over a decade.

It's my favorite kind of game and I desperately miss the genre.
It didn't really help with the fact that Nuts and Bolts' first trailer teased us with what we thought was going to be a platformer... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLWLdO9GLWM

I mean there was definitely no sign of L.O.G, or the cars, or anything in this. Where did it take a turn I wonder? I mean the worlds are still fairly big, despite feeling empty at times.. Did they just say F it in the middle of development and turn the whole thing into... what we know today?

CitrusRain

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CitrusRain
3DS FC
2079-7126-2128
It didn't really help with the fact that Nuts and Bolts' first trailer teased us with what we thought was going to be a platformer... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLWLdO9GLWM

I mean there was definitely no sign of L.O.G, or the cars, or anything in this. Where did it take a turn I wonder? I mean the worlds are still fairly big, despite feeling empty at times.. Did they just say F it in the middle of development and turn the whole thing into... what we know today?
Actually that's exactly what they did. AND they wrote a blog post about it.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Their excuse, when it came to interviews, was that they thought that fans would be actively tired of the old concept and sure, by their fourth game we might be if there'd actually been anything remotely similar since Vexx and Grunty's Revenge. When you have an existing formula that people love and noone else has touched in 5 years though, you essentially have a monopoly on your hands. Throwing that away in favour of something that mocks the original concept and anyone who cares about it seems dumb, even if I can see how it follows on logically from Tooie's self-depreciating humour.

Last edited:

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
All of that aside, I wonder if Microsoft started trying all this different stuff because of Project Ukulele.. I mean it would definitely kill the point of having the Banjo IP if it just got upstaged by something else, so it figures they would want to try to throw some stuff together to try to keep from getting overshadowed..

CitrusRain

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CitrusRain
3DS FC
2079-7126-2128
All of that aside, I wonder if Microsoft started trying all this different stuff because of Project Ukulele.. I mean it would definitely kill the point of having the Banjo IP if it just got upstaged by something else, so it figures they would want to try to throw some stuff together to try to keep from getting overshadowed..
I hope I don't have to buy an Xbox Oneie then.

OOOOhhhhhh... Imagine Banjo on Steam!

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
I'll probably get an Xbox One eventually, maybe a PS4, mind not made up! My focus game wise at the moment is still Nintendo. There's still a bunch of games I want to get on the 3DS, and a few upcoming ones for Wii U like Splatoon.

I don't know what I think will happen to the Banjo series as a whole in the future. I am looking forward to Project Ukulele, and I'm intrigued to see what Rare's new game is. I don't think I'll ever give up hope on a new, fresh Banjo game, nor will I give up on the hope that a Super Metroid-like-Metroid game is coming to 3DS this year. Remember folks, the mobile division of Rare still belongs to Nintendo, so you could optimistically see a Banjo game there.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
I'll probably get an Xbox One eventually, maybe a PS4, mind not made up! My focus game wise at the moment is still Nintendo. There's still a bunch of games I want to get on the 3DS, and a few upcoming ones for Wii U like Splatoon.

I don't know what I think will happen to the Banjo series as a whole in the future. I am looking forward to Project Ukulele, and I'm intrigued to see what Rare's new game is. I don't think I'll ever give up hope on a new, fresh Banjo game, nor will I give up on the hope that a Super Metroid-like-Metroid game is coming to 3DS this year. Remember folks, the mobile division of Rare still belongs to Nintendo, so you could optimistically see a Banjo game there.
I'm a bit sore at the other two to be honest... The lack of backwards compatibility kinda rubbed me the wrong way.. Not to mention the two don't really have games I'm interested in. The most I plan on getting one day is a Ps3. (I have a Ps2)

And who knows what will happen for Banjo... also. How much more can Grunty take? She was pretty much a head in Nuts and bolts.. save for the robot body.

Speaking of Grunty.. wouldn't it be funny if she started making Microgame things like Wario?... XD

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
Speaking of Grunty.. wouldn't it be funny if she started making Microgame things like Wario?... XD
Why does that sounds like such a good idea to me?!

Seriously, Grunty as a character feels like she should just show up everywhere causing chaos for no reason. Like she could be in Smash Bros. as an assist trophy...

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I'd be down for Banjo in Smash, even though I haven't beaten the first game (I REALLY should, its on my backlog) I did love what I played. While I don't think his chances are that high, I do wish you guys the best of luck.

Also, a Banjo Kazooie movie? I better be called Banjo Movieie.

Last edited:

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Why does that sounds like such a good idea to me?!

Seriously, Grunty as a character feels like she should just show up everywhere causing chaos for no reason. Like she could be in Smash Bros. as an assist trophy...
Speaking of, I'm am still hoping Smash gets dlc packs.. (I can understand why that wouldn't be done for vets)
I mean looking at other third party characters like Megaman, Pacman, and Sonic, they all have trophies, music, and their own stages..

It would be somewhat unfair for characters like Banjo, Shantae, or Ray to get in, and that be just that. I would see dlc packs similar to Mario Kart 8's packs.. Using Banjo as an example:

-Banjo & Kazooie as a playable fighter
-Spiral Mountain as a new stage! (Or whatever else it could be)
-New music tracks
-Five new trophies (Really, Banjo & Kazooie, Their final smash, Mumbo, Bottles, and Grunty trophies would do fine.)

Hmm... interesting.

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
Last edited:
Top Bottom