• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I don't know, but just don't mention that cursed Mirror counterpart joke using my name or when replying to me, please.
Right. I'm just going to assume that whatever happened involving you and the Amazing Mirror was bad.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I don't mean to butt in but I think it would just be nice to drop the subject and continue with Bandana Dee discussion, please.

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
Yeah, this got awkward fast.
So...what's everybody's favorite Bandanna Dee appearance?
My last post was kinda ignored... :,/

Favorite appearance would have to be KRtD.
Permanent spear ability is way better than having to get it from a specific stage or something.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Don't get me wrong
Return to Dreamland is great because of the whole spear ability

But....

The King's Revenge makes him for the full power adorable.

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
Kirby Triple Deluxe is my NPC appearance of BD and Rainbow Curse is my favorite playable appearance of him. The fact that he's important to the story proves that he's important to Kirby (Detractors seem to believe otherwise since they claim he's not important).

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
Don't get me wrong
Return to Dreamland is great because of the whole spear ability

But....

The King's Revenge makes him for the full power adorable.
You got me there...

EDIT: It's the 1 year anniversary of my account...yay...

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The staff has been receiving complaints that this thread is becoming too much of a Social Thread again. Please keep that down.

Return to Dream Land, and I predict that will be the majority's answer as well.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
The staff has been receiving complaints that this thread is becoming too much of a Social Thread again. Please keep that down.

This was one of the strangest weekends I've ever had in my life.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492

Yeah, that would probably be mine as well. Second place goes to his role in Deluxe for being so damn helpful.

D-Man9293

Smash Ace
It's OK, stuff like that happens sometimes. :)

Anyway...

I see where you're coming from here, but... You don't think they might start working on the character(s) early? I mean, yes, the ballot hasn't officially ended yet, so it might seem unfair, but they can probably check the current results and see if any characters have a strong lead. And let's not forget that popularity isn't everything. It does play a big role, but the characters also need to actually work as fighters. Let's say Sakurai promises us this one character from the ballot, but then some technical issues come up during the development of that character. Or perhaps Sakurai can't figure out the right moves that would work for the character. Something like that. Well, if something happens and Sakurai simply can't put that character into Smash, the fans will likely be really upset by this, and will probably feel lied to, betrayed, etc.... But, if these technical issues occur before the ballot has actually ended, then Sakurai can simply find another requested character to add as DLC instead of the other one, and it won't be as big of a deal since no announcements would have been made yet. He wouldn't be going back on something that was officially announced and promised for the fans.

I dunno, just a thought.
I just don't think they'll start early. And if you think Sakurai can't think up movesets for characters, just take a look at the games R.O.B.'s moveset came from. (they are made up)

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
Hey guys, out of all the copy abilities that have only appeared in one game, which is your favourite? If they appear in a Kirby game that was remade, that technically counts as one game. Beetle, Suplex, and BackDrop are extremely similar and thus, are only considered different by the hats.

Here is a list:
Animal
Archer
BackDrop, Suplex, Beetle
Ball
Balloon
Bell
Bubble
Circus
Clean
Copy
Jet
Light
Metal
Mini
Paint
Water
Yo-yo

(Apparently this site doesn't recognize suplex as a correctly spelled typed word.)

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Welp. It's been a long road. There's practically three weeks until the end of the ballot.. (and still no new information -_-)

I am truly excited for what's in store.. There's no telling exactly when we'll get results, but hey. These campaigns have definitely been a blast.

swordofacorn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Swordofacorn
3DS FC
0216-0878-5036
Hey guys, out of all the copy abilities that have only appeared in one game, which is your favourite? If they appear in a Kirby game that was remade, that technically counts as one game. Beetle, Suplex, and BackDrop are extremely similar and thus, are only considered different by the hats.

Here is a list:
Animal
Archer
BackDrop, Suplex, Beetle
Ball
Balloon
Bell
Bubble
Circus
Clean
Copy
Jet
Light
Metal
Mini
Paint
Water
Yo-yo

(Apparently this site doesn't recognize suplex as a correctly spelled typed word.)
Water. (I miss it so much)

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team

Here is a list:
Animal
Archer
BackDrop, Suplex, Beetle
Ball
Balloon
Bell
Bubble
Circus
Clean
Copy
Jet
Light
Metal
Mini
Paint
Water
Yo-yo

Bubble would end up being my favorite out of these (not counting Circus since it hasn't had a chance to reappear yet), with Jet and Yo-yo being close seconds.

Maikou

Smash Ace

Here is a list:
Animal
Archer
BackDrop, Suplex, Beetle
Ball
Balloon
Bell
Bubble
Circus
Clean
Copy
Jet
Light
Metal
Mini
Paint
Water
Yo-yo

Definitely Yo-yo. Suplex is a close second, though. Archer Kirby is too OP, plz nerf.

D

Deleted member

Here is a list:
Animal
Archer
BackDrop, Suplex, Beetle
Ball
Balloon
Bell
Bubble
Circus
Clean
Copy
Jet
Light
Metal
Mini
Paint
Water
Yo-yo

Either Water or Yo-yo. I love those abilities and I wish that they came back.

Elec

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5086-5666-2210
I really liked Yoyo & Jet because they were cool, Copy because its so redundant & Mirror because its so fun.

What baffles me is that the Mirror ability doesn't appear in Kirby & the Amazing Mirror.

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
So many new members coming out of nowhere. It's awesome.

Also, do you guys think Ham Dee and Error Dee will appear in future Kirby games?

D

Deleted member

So many new members coming out of nowhere. It's awesome.

Also, do you guys think Ham Dee and Error Dee will appear in future Kirby games?
most likely as recolors along with dedede and meta knight recolors if they do it, kirby was the only one with recolors in RTDL though.

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
Man, I am just full of questions today.

What is the song that plays starting at 1:32 in the linked video. I am sure I have heard it before this video.

Last edited:

Bandana Dee3

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0379-7875-6874
Kirby return to dreamland my first kirby game
Hey guys, out of all the copy abilities that have only appeared in one game, which is your favourite? If they appear in a Kirby game that was remade, that technically counts as one game.
Beetle, Suplex, and BackDrop are extremely similar and thus, are only considered different by the hats.

Here is a list:
Animal
Archer
BackDrop, Suplex, Beetle
Ball
Balloon
Bell
Bubble
Circus
Clean
Copy
Jet
Light
Metal
Mini
Paint
Water
Yo-yo

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team

What is the song that plays starting at 1:32 in the linked video. I am sure I have heard it before this video.
If I'm not mistaken that would be Big Blue from F-Zero, and you most likely heard it in Melee, Brawl or Mario Kart 8 :p.
Edit:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It's the Melee rendition of the Big Blue theme from F-Zero.

I forgot to answer what was my favorite appearance of Bandana Dee and that would be his appearance in Returns to Dream Land.

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
If I'm not mistaken that would be Big Blue from F-Zero, and you most likely heard it in Melee, Brawl or Mario Kart 8 :p.
Edit:
I've not played any of those games. I may have just heard it on a random vid I have watched. It was the same for Corneria (Brawl). Except I found out the song and am wondering what video I heard it on (the vid was unrelated to Smash or Star Fox). Oh well, at least I don't have to think about it anymore.

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64

Here is a list:
Animal
Archer
BackDrop, Suplex, Beetle
Ball
Balloon
Bell
Bubble
Circus
Clean
Copy
Jet
Light
Metal
Mini
Paint
Water
Yo-yo

Animal, water, paint, mini, light, jet, (Circus was my FAVORITE), Ball Ball Animal, Archer, and Yo-Yo. My beloved Yo-Yo. That's my favorite ability of all TIME.

Top Bottom