• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Well really thats kinda why they made the "must have originated in a videogame" rule. That pretty much clears out a majority of the common troll characters. Goku, Shrek,... etc. Some people may have wanted them for... whatever dumb reason, but thanks to that rule we don't have to worry about that stuff

At this point we have no clue who's gonna end up in the game.. and really that's what I love about it. No matter what, it's going to be a surprise
The ballot is essentially a glorified popularity contest. That being said, I think we can at least gauge who has the greatest shot of getting in.

BlueZard

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tangerine1234
I have a question. Does anyone know how many blocks are typically required when downloading a DLC character?
I'm just asking now, since I want to make sure my 3DS in particular will have enough space remaining if we ever get the DeeLC.

swordofacorn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Swordofacorn
3DS FC
0216-0878-5036
I have a question. Does anyone know how many blocks are typically required when downloading a DLC character?
I'm just asking now, since I want to make sure my 3DS in particular will have enough space remaining if we ever get the DeeLC.
The characters barely require any space, because you're already download them to your system with the updates for online purposes and such.

BlueZard

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tangerine1234
Oh, OK! Thank you!
In that case, I guess I should really be worrying about the online updates using up the last of my 3DS memory space...

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I just thought of a totally random idea, let's make a B.D. comercial.

D-Man9293

Smash Ace
Oh look, I'm using the reply button now! :p

But seriously, though. Why does it matter? And I DO use the reply button, but only sometimes. If the person's post is directly above mine, then I tag them instead, because most forums I've been on previously didn't allow you to quote the above post. It was against the rules on those forums...
Well, sorry, you don't have to get so angry! I just didn't know any other way to ask, and when I get curious, I want to ask questions.

Wake up Bandana Brigade ;D

I got another question.

When do you think we will get news (obviously we won't get any exactly October 3rd) So when in October do you think we'll get something?
Not in October. I don't think it's possible for Sakurai's team to add a new character instantly after they get in the ballot results. Remember, it took months of developement time to make Mewtwo, so there's no way a new character will be readly the same month of the ballot's end.

Last edited:

jranks

Smash Cadet
I think he'd be a cool character, so while he's not who I'm rooting for the most, I would be happy if they added him

BlueZard

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tangerine1234
Well, sorry, you don't have to get so angry! I just didn't know any other way to ask, and when I get curious, I want to ask questions.
I wasn't angry at all...
If I was angry, I wouldn't have used a :p face in my post. I probably would've used something like :glare: instead, or maybe nothing at all.

And then the rest of my post was merely an explanation. An answer to your question.
Sure, I felt that it was kinda unnecessary for you to ask, but I wasn't mad about it. I was just a little confused, because to be honest, it felt to me like you were judging me for not always using the reply button, which I thought was a little strange.
But now it seems like it was just mere curiosity.

But yeah, I wasn't mad...

Last edited:

D-Man9293

Smash Ace
I wasn't angry at all...
If I was angry, I wouldn't have used a :p face in my post. I probably would've used something like :glare: instead, or maybe nothing at all.

And then the rest of my post was merely an explanation. An answer to your question.
Sure, I felt that it was kinda unnecessary for you to ask, but I wasn't mad about it. I was just a little confused, because to be honest, it felt to me like you were judging me for not always using the reply button, which I thought was a little strange.
But now it seems like it was just mere curiosity.

But yeah, I wasn't mad...
Oh, sorry. I guess I wasn't paying attention. :O

BlueZard

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tangerine1234
It's OK, stuff like that happens sometimes. :)

Anyway...

Not in October. I don't think it's possible for Sakurai's team to add a new character instantly after they get in the ballot results. Remember, it took months of developement time to make Mewtwo, so there's no way a new character will be readly the same month of the ballot's end.
I see where you're coming from here, but... You don't think they might start working on the character(s) early? I mean, yes, the ballot hasn't officially ended yet, so it might seem unfair, but they can probably check the current results and see if any characters have a strong lead. And let's not forget that popularity isn't everything. It does play a big role, but the characters also need to actually work as fighters. Let's say Sakurai promises us this one character from the ballot, but then some technical issues come up during the development of that character. Or perhaps Sakurai can't figure out the right moves that would work for the character. Something like that. Well, if something happens and Sakurai simply can't put that character into Smash, the fans will likely be really upset by this, and will probably feel lied to, betrayed, etc.... But, if these technical issues occur before the ballot has actually ended, then Sakurai can simply find another requested character to add as DLC instead of the other one, and it won't be as big of a deal since no announcements would have been made yet. He wouldn't be going back on something that was officially announced and promised for the fans.

I dunno, just a thought.

I think he'd be a cool character, so while he's not who I'm rooting for the most, I would be happy if they added him
Welcome it means a lot when someone joins our brigade . :4dedede:

Anyway, did you know that :4kirby:'s voice actress, Makiko Ohmoto,also provided the voice of Miss Monday from One Piece, Rick the Hamster in the Kirby anime,Queen Sectonia in Kirby:Triple Deluxe,Viridi in Kid Icarus: Uprising,and Sayaka Maizono in Dangan Ronpa: Academy of Hope and High School Students of Despair,and its animated series, Danganronpa: The Animation. ( And you guys thought Kirby couldn't sing.)
In the Japanese only education video, Mario Kirby Masterpiece, :4kirby:was voiced not by Makiko Ohmoto, but instead voiced by Mayumi Tanaka. Many anime fans should know her as the voice actress of Monkey D. Luffy from One Piece,and Krillin from the Dragon Ball franchise.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Did you all hear the freaking news? People are trying to get Brittany Spears into Smash. They think that since she had a game on the DS, she's applicable. Although I'm laughing my arse off, I'm also pretty disappointed that people are dumb enough to believe that.
let me guess, Gamefaqs.
I just thought of a totally random idea, let's make a B.D. comercial.
that's actually a good idea, but how?

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I've never been that supportive of Waddle Dee, (I've always had mixed feelings on the character) but he has definitely grown on me over the years, and I now see him as a very deserving character. While there are several characters that I think should get in before the bandana wearing spear weilder, I would not be opposed to his inclusion what so ever.

I've never been that supportive of Waddle Dee, (I've always had mixed feelings on the character) but he has definitely grown on me over the years, and I now see him as a very deserving character. While there are several characters that I think should get in before the bandana wearing spear weilder, I would not be opposed to his inclusion what so ever.
Welcome to the Brigade. 2 newcomers in one day, what is this ?

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I don't think you offended him. You people are so apologetic. Unless Andrea is SSSSS's Mirror Dimensional counterpart.
Don't use that Mirror joke, please, not with me. After what happened yesterday, I don't find it funny.

Top Bottom