• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
metalfacecalmdown.gif

where's @ Schnee117 Schnee117 when you need him

Here's a question I think would be interesting to consider:

How did you get into Bandana Dee support? When did you become a fan? How did you discover the thread? Have you been a supporter for a while now, or are you a newbie to the Bandana Brigade?

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
metalfacecalmdown.gif

How did you get into Bandana Dee support? When did you become a fan? How did you discover the thread? Have you been a supporter for a while now, or are you a newbie to the Bandana Brigade?
How did you get into Bandana Dee support?
I've always loved Waddle Dees, and when I saw Return to Dream Land's trailer, I was like: WTF! Is that the Waddle Dee from Revenge of the King? OK, that Waddle Dee needs to be in Smash.

When did you become a fan?
Believe it or not, since the Megaton Punch minigame in Super Star, I just really liked that Waddle Dee with a hat.
I did it terrible on purpose just to see Bandana Dee's victory animation in that minigame XD

How did you discover the thread?
Hmm, I don't know, I just searched Waddle Dee and it appeared, the original owner of the thread left, so I asked FalKoopa to become the new owner and he said, yes.

Have you been a supporter for a while now, or are you a newbie to the Bandana Brigade?
For a while :awesome:

metalfacecalmdown.gif

How did you get into Bandana Dee support/became a fan?
I liked him in KSSU, and when I saw him as a playable character in Kirby's Return to Dream Land, I almost instantly though that he should be in Smash.

I had been lurking here as non-user since 2013.

Have you been a supporter for a while now, or are you a newbie to the Bandana Brigade?
Since April 2015, after finally creating an account.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I've always loved Waddle Dees, and when I saw Return to Dream Land's trailer, I was like: WTF! Is that the Waddle Dee from Revenge of the King? OK, that Waddle Dee needs to be in Smash.

Believe it or not, since the Megaton Punch minigame in Super Star, I just really liked that Waddle Dee with a hat.
I did it terrible on purpose just to see Bandana Dee's victory animation in that minigame XD

Hmm, I don't know, I just searched Waddle Dee and it appeared, the original owner of the thread left, so I asked FalKoopa to become the new owner and he said, yes.

For a while :awesome:
Wow, now that was lucky for you! :3 You do a great job on this thread!

D

Deleted member

Th-the next Smashified is Bomberman?
YES! YES! YES! YES! :D :D

I saw how unique he was in KRTDL, I loved the Spear ability, and I love the Kirby series and I felt that it should get another character with Bandana Dee. I also really like the character.

Since KRTDL came out. The fight in KSSU didn't tell me much, but KRTDL did. After that game, I wanted him in.

When Chandelure bumped it.

Have you been a supporter for a while or are you a newbie to the Bandana Brigade?
I have been a supporter for a while and I have been active in this thread for over a year really. I was pretty sad when he didn't get in, even though I got characters that I love, like Shulk, Robin, Little Mac, and Bowser Jr. I didn't think that he stood much of a chance until Chandelure took over the thread.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Out of curiosity: what will be the next big Kirby reveal? Bandanna Dee? A new game? A new Bandanna Dee game?

D

Deleted member

metalfacecalmdown.gif

we have a metal face icon if you like

i was always a fan of bandana dee same goes the waddle dee, i found this thread by lurking. i wanted bandana dee the minute i heard a new smash was coming out before i even made a account same goes for ridley mewtwo ghirahim k.rool bowser jr. and more...

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed

By finding this thread and getting some small knowledge-gaps, which were caused by being behind on a few Kirby games, filled by the contributions to it. After that, I had to support him! :laugh:

Though I was always a fan of Sailor Waddle Dee from Revenge of Meta Knight (who Bandana Waddle Dee is quite a lot like), I became a fan of Bandana Waddle Dee surprisingly recently (i.e., this year), due to the aforementioned being a bit behind on a few games - this thread was largely responsible for that. (I went into more detail on this when FalKoopa asked how we became fans a little while ago. :))

Prior to making an account, whilst reading Smashboards, I was following threads supporting characters I like.

I'm pretty sure I still count as one of the newbies. :laugh:

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
metalfacecalmdown.gif

Really got into Bandana Dee support by playing Return to Dreamland, everything about him in that game just clicked as a smash character, and I couldn't help but think, "This character would make for a awesome Brawl mod".

I was a fan of Bandana Dee's ever since his appearance in Kirby Super Star Ultra, and started to consider him a candidate for Smash after Return to Dreamland.

I discovered this thread lurking about half a year ago, and I was thinking about how wonky the discussions were here the moment I saw it.

I've only been here since the late 300s, I think that's relatively recent compared to a lot of people here.

I think the most likely Kirby related reveal would be another game, followed in likeliness by a possible Bandana Dee reveal in the coming months. Although I'd personally like to see a Bandana Dee spinoff along with him getting in Smash, I don't think he'll get one. Ever. :c

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I discovered the thread when I joined the site back in 2012, but I didn't initially pay a lot of attention to this thread, partly because it was inactive. I was a naïve newcomer to speculation then, and didn't have too much of an idea whom to support. I hadn't played a whole lot of Nintendo games back then, excepting Mario and Pokémon. A lot of the characters I support now, including K. Rool, Isaac and Bandana Dee are acquired tastes, so to speak.

Basically, I started checking out the threads and played their respective games, which rapidly expanded my Nintendo knowledge as also made me want to support them, as I could see why the supporters wanted them in Smash. This thread did a great job of introducing me to the Kirby games, and I was soon in love with Return to Dream Land, and by extension, Bandana Dee.

I didn't get around supporting him until late 2013, so I think I'm in the middle.
Dropping in to say that I support him. I was a fan of Knuckle Joe previously,... but his chances are near dead, so....
:231:

Call911imonfire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Call911imonfire
metalfacecalmdown.gif

How did I get into B-Dee support?

I got into him when I was a talking with couple friends about possible newcomers for smash 4. Though neither of us really knew anything about him so we called him " The Waddle Dee with a Spear" and "
The Waddle Dee that gives you food in Triple Deluxe."

When did I become a fan?

For whatever reason I loved him in KTD and wanted him in smash. Triple Deluxe was actually my first kirby game so I'm very new to the series but I love B-Dee even more now from playing almost all the games he's been in.

How did I discover the thread?

I don't remember exactly but I think I decided to search him up on Google which led me to the Thread and Smashboards in general.

Am I a B-Dee scrub lord?

Well I've been here for like 300-something pages but I don't post all that often so I'm not sure what that qualifies as.

Last edited:

Pikalink

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shining-Chi
3DS FC
1547-5757-5622
Oh how I meet Bandana Dee?
I went on a rocket ship to mars where I heard there was a waddle dee out break there. I played sound effects of king dedede to see if it would lure out the elusive Bandana Dee. After as many failed attempts as the Finding Bigfoot cast couldn't find bigfoot it suddenly happened.
I had my last cookie in my pocket. Many Waddle Dees wanted it. While it felt tempting to throw it aside I saw a shining spear as bright as a lightbulb. The majestic magnificent Bandana Dee came charging and took my cookie. His soft blue bandana head whispered in my ear. "Vote for me in the smash ballot." Then ran behind the bushes never to be seen again.
So here I am today telling you this very realistic story that is 100% true that high schools rate 10/11 "would read again."

Or you know played Kirby's Return to Dreamland and saw him on the box art. Both are likely options.

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
metalfacecalmdown.gif

I think I was a suppoter in 2014. I became a fan of another waddle dee from the N64 era with the waddle Dee helping Kirby and he was playable in the mini games. later on I got KSSU and saw him in I think revenge of the king? he was really adorable and had some personality. After that I got KRtDL and i used the spear ability I loved it. once playing multiplayer I used Bandana Dee only.
I have been a supporter since KSSU.

D-Man9293

Smash Ace

How did I get into Bandana Dee support? I've wanted him in since E3 2013. When did I become a fan? KSSU Return of the King. (HE'S SO CUTE AHHHH) How did I discover the thread? I tried making my own, and someone sent me a link to this one. And I am not new to the Bandana Brigade (adorable name thumbs up) I've been a fan since before E3 2013, and when the new Smash was announced, I was like, "Yes, they need to add Dee"

Although I'd personally like to see a Bandana Dee spinoff along with him getting in Smash, I don't think he'll get one. Ever.
I'd buy it as long as I had the system it was on.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Hey guys I got a Trophies Awarded for being a smashborad member for 1 year yay me :grin:!

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
metalfacecalmdown.gif

How? Well it's quite simple actually. Ever since Rosalina was released, I've really wanted a new Kirby rep. Her trailer's music made me think we were getting a new rep, but I was trolled. Badly. I would have preferred daisy over her, honestly. I realized that the Dee would be perfect because he already has a move set, he would complete the RTDL gang, and he's the first spear user, or will be anyways.

When? I remember seeing him in Revenge of the King, and I really noticed him in RTDL. I thought: "Wow. This isn't just some regular Waddle Dee. He's got skill! Imagine the creativity if he were playing the sidekick role in a future Kirby title!" Then rainbow curse came around. :)

Discovering the thread? Ghostly lures' videos. 'Nuff said.

Newbie or experienced? I've been a supporter for a solid year now, but I found out about the thread in April, and I got here April 10, I believe.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
How did I get into Bandana Dee support? That's kind of hard. I knew about him from speculating early but I always dismissed him since I didn't think he was important to the Kirby series. After seeing him reoccur in a bunch of games, I warmed up to the idea of him in Smash.

I became a fan this year actually. Originally, as mentioned above, I dismissed and disliked the idea of Bandana Dee in Smash. I eventually warmed up to him after multiple appearances and I wanted someone to use a spear.

I discovered the thread by looking at Smashboards. How else would I find it.

Guess I'm new.

D

Deleted member

metalfacecalmdown.gif

1.Chandelure, he's the reason i became a supporter.
2.I don't remember :nervous:.
3.By accident while i was lurking trough the many different threads during 2013.
4.I think im the newest supporter around here.

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi

The SECOND literal SECOND the Smash Ballot was announced I voted for Bandana Dee thus kicked off my support train

I'm a huge Kirby fan and who wouldn't love an adorable Redish-Orange Bandana Donning Waddle Dee

I don't remember too well but it was either I used the search box and looked up Bandana Dee or I just scrolled down when trying to become a better Kirby main

I'd say I'm rather new I came here in...about late March early April..huh I made a video 2 days later this year

I was so surprised to see so many people who wanted him..

Here is my first post.

And here I was voting for Bandanna Dee after Smash Ballot was announced thinking he would get NO support...I'm really happy.
1 sec making a Bandanna Dee profile pic.
Seems like just yesterday except I got the date wrong :facepalm:

Last edited:

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
metalfacecalmdown.gif

I always thought that BD deserved to be in Smash
He would complete the Main Kirby gang! :drflip:
I have been a Kirby fan for my entire life, and I always liked BD as a character :drshrug:
Mostly because he is a Waddle Dee with a Bandana :p
It makes the Waddle Dees look more like a "race" instead of just a "generic enemy"
If I recall correctly, I searched "Bandana Dee Super Smash Bros" in Google
That's how I found the thread :dr-_-:
That last question is kinda difficult to answer
Before joining SmashBoards, I was a lurker, which I explicitly stated in my first post :drwtf:
I've been lurking this thread for 1 entire year
Reading your opinions, movesets and puns
And today I finally created an account just for this

Also I'm Peruvian so expect some bad english and short posts :139:
(Each time I read that, I remember how shy I used to be)
And even before I started to lurk this thread I was a supporter of the dee :drohyou:
:4bowserjr:Bowser Jr. Best Verb :4bowserjr:

Last edited:

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
I hear you all are talking about Kirby and Bandana Dee sandwiches. That sounds... Deelicious. Ok let me know if Deez puns are getting annoying. I'm in just a punny mode. If you'd like for me to... Deeactivate the pun machine, tell me. I'm so Deevious. Ahaha! IT NEVER ENDS.
You're getting a Deemotion

CycIone

Smash Apprentice
He doesn't even have a trophy. I think he was left out intentionally after appearing in Brawl (he was even in Melee!) to leave the possibility of a DLC entry, and the trophy would appear later if not.

So this can happen.

Furret24

Smash Master
He doesn't even have a trophy. I think he was left out intentionally after appearing in Brawl (he was even in Melee!) to leave the possibility of a DLC entry, and the trophy would appear later if not.

So this can happen.
1. Bandana Dee was in Brawl? Where?
2. Mewtwo had a trophy in the base game. I must say, the old Mewtwo trophy looks quite different from the fighter version of him.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
1. Bandana Dee was in Brawl? Where?
2. Mewtwo had a trophy in the base game. I must say, the old Mewtwo trophy looks quite different from the fighter version of him.
1. I believe he's referring to Waddle Dee in general. In Brawl and Melee there were Waddle Dee trophies but, oddly enough, not in Sm4sh.
2. All playable character trophies are significantly more detailed than non playable trophies. It's to be expected that the old Mewtwo trophy was the same way. Look at Lucas's old trophy for example, ripped straight outta Brawl.

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
Bandana Dee that's the name you should know!
Bandana Dee he's the Dee of the show!
The Dee has no fear, he triumphs with his spear!
Bandana Dee is the one!

Top Bottom