• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Wait, I thought kleenex was used for *ahem* mature male behaivors
:facepalm: i knew someone would ****ing say it.
Huh...i always thought you were a girl.

Well anyways, i have question for you all BD fans,
¿If you had to give Bandanna Dee a new weapon to go along with his spear, what would it be and why?
a rifle he can attach to the spear. now he can stab and shoot his enemies like a bayonet rifle.

D

Deleted member

Okay guys, i have a new question for for you.
¿if you had to put Bandanna Dee in a game that is not from the Kirby series or Smash Bros series,what would it be and why?

D

Deleted member

¿if you had to put Bandanna Dee in a game that is not from the Kirby series or Smash Bros series,what would it be and why?
mario kart 8 i was disappoint when the rosalina trailer was a rosalina trailer and not kirby dlc for mario kart then when link got in i was furious. bandana dee and kirby would be cool for that game bandana dee could also work in donkey kong country.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
http://smashifiedart.com/whos-next

Just thought I'd point out, they say that neither of the characters are silent. And as we all know, Bandana Dee can't talk.. so yeah.

Look at the bright side though, once they finish those, there's less competition!
Revenge of the King in KSSU
Fire Emblem ****IN BASED LANCE GOD

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
It could be his spear, but it's a little too long for that... It would make most sense for a headband or a scarf. I wonder.

:231:
I'm almost positive it's Wonder-Red.

Red Scarf, Metallic element in his chest. I don't know what the hint "9 materials" is supposed to be but since he's "not a silent protagonist" I'm quite sure of him.

Pikalink

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shining-Chi
3DS FC
1547-5757-5622
Pokemon so I can see what he mega evolves into.
Also you get to pet him on the head and play with him...
only in my dreams.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Andrea, I've seen some really ****ty art on DA, you're allowed to post it now as you're a professional in comparison to most things there
I agree. If anything you may be selling your skills short by posting there @ AndreaAC AndreaAC .

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
A guy can hope, can't he?

Plus, your art is still better than a lot of the stuff there.
I agree. If anything you may be selling your skills short by posting there @ AndreaAC AndreaAC .
It would be nice to see her expand outward. But only if she feels comfortable doing so, imo.
Andrea, I've seen some really ****ty art on DA, you're allowed to post it now as you're a professional in comparison to most things there

NOPE.

I don't feel sure about it yet, maybe after I finish my career. o___o please, get back to BDee.

D

Deleted member

O_O DA? Oh, nope nope, I said that I wouldn't post anything there until I was a professional! :) but thank you!
most of it is original characters creepy yaoi **** and inflation.
people would bow down too your greatness since your art is amazing and not ****ed up. you don't have too but you should think about it.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
most of it is original characters creepy yaoi **** and inflation.
people would bow down too your greatness since your art is amazing and not ****ed up. you don't have too but you should think about it.
I appreciate your words, but there are artist here and there that step on me, like If I hadn't got enough. I'm sorry.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I appreciate your words, but there are artist here and there that step on me, like If I hadn't got enough. I'm sorry.
Just know that as long as you're having fun with the things you do now and love sharing that with these kind people here on this site, there's no need to pressure yourself going to places you wouldn't feel comfortable being there. Don't worry about it, do it when you feel ready for it, take the time you need.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I wouldn't even try. That is like the last place you would ever want to go, as long as you don't draw like Easterners.

I'm just saying, she shouldn't be pressured to do ANYTHING she doesn't want to do, no matter what ANYONE says.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I want you to stay here. Doing stuff for this community in the way that you do it is wonderful. Going to DA would mean that so many other people who don't appreciate it half as much as we here do would see it. It would lose it's magic no matter how well its done, and your art is always done spectacularly. I'll support you if you ever do want to go to Deviant Art but I would much rather you start your own website if anything. You definitely deserve it.

I hope you stick around here for a long time. God knows the community appreciates it, I know I do.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I want you to stay here. Doing stuff for this community in the way that you do it is wonderful. Going to DA would mean that so many other people who don't appreciate it half as much as we here do would see it. It would lose it's magic no matter how well its done, and your art is always done spectacularly. I'll support you if you ever do want to go to Deviant Art but I would much rather you start your own website if anything. You definitely deserve it.

I hope you stick around here for a long time. God knows the community appreciates it, I know I do.
Wiser words can't have been said. Thank you.

D-Man9293

Smash Ace
-Toxicroaker, Starphoenix, XenoBrawler610, GamerGuy09, SmashRiver64, RaccoonBL, Sailor Waddle Dee, Pikablu Pikachu, SS-bros14, Enderman1021 and ender_idk.
For making movesets for Bandana Dee.
I also created a moveset jsyk

Furret24

Smash Master
In an attempt to get this thread back on-topic (or atleast, was), I redid my Bandana Dee moveset that is better designed, more specific, and doesn't forget throws. I hope you guys enjoy it.

Attributes
Weight
- 78 (That spear isn't made of paper)
Walk Speed- 1.15 (Slightly above average)
Run Speed- 1.79 (Slightly less than Meta Knight)
Air Speed- 1.1 (Slightly above average)
Fall Speed- 1.65, 2.64 Fast Fall
Crouch- 4th (Slightly higher than Kirby)
Jumps- 4

Note: Spear range is slightly further than the average sword range in Smash 4 (ex. Marth, Meta Knight). This is a callback to Return to Dreamland where the Spear ability generally has slightly more range than the Sword ability. The Parasol generally has wider range than the spear, but has slightly less forward range than his spear (about as much as the spear if the head is taken off).

Moves

Ground Moves

Jab
- Multispear Attack 3% Initial Hit, 1% Infinite, 2% Finisher (Hits Frames 3-5 Initial Hit)
Bandana Dee rapidly thrusts his spear forward. It has slightly more range than Meta Knight's. Originates from Kirby's Return to Dreamland.
F-Tilt- Spear Thrust 10% Clean, 5% Late; 11% Clean, 6% Late angled up (Hits Frames 10-11 Clean, 12-18 Late)
Bandana Dee thrusts his spear forward. Hitbox disjoints slightly outside the spear and has Sex Kick properties. This move can be angled. Normal and upwards angle can KO starting around 140%. Originates from Kirby's Return to Dreamland.
U-Tilt- Skyward Thrust 9% (Hits Frames 10-14)
Bandana Dee thusts his spear upwards. Has the same range and Sex Kick properties as F-Tilt, but at a different angle. Can KO around 150%. Originates from Kirby's Return to Dreamland.
D-Tilt- Floor Thrust 6% (Hits Frames 6-11)
Bandana Dee thrusts his spear low to the ground. Weak and has slightly less range than F-Tilt, but starts and ends fasters and has a 20% trip chance like Kirby's.
Dash Attack- Spear Slide 11% (Hits Frames 6-19)
Bandana Dee slides forward with his spear.
F-Smash- Power Thrust 18%, 20% angled up (Hits Frames 18-20)
Bandana Dee charges up and forcefully thrusts his spear forward. Bandana Dee moves forward slightly when using this, giving it a bit more range than F-Tilt. Like F-Tilt, it can be angled, with up-angle doing more damage and knockback.
U-Smash- Parasol Dance 2% (Hits 1-4) 10% (Hit 5) (Hits Frames 13-30)
Bandana Dee twirls his parasol upwards for a bit. This move has wide range and a lingering hitbox that traps opponents.
D-Smash- Spear Cover 10% Front 12% Back (Hits Frames 7-9 Forward, 13-15 Back)
Bandana Dee hits with his spear low to the ground infront of him, then behind him. The forward hit is weaker than the backward hit, though can be a better option than F-Smash due to starting up faster.

Aerials
N-Air
- Parasol 14.5% (Hits Frames 14-24)
Bandana Dee opens up his parasol forcefully. Has some startup lag, but has enough knockback to reliably KO under 130%. The strongest N-Air in the game, in terms of knockback.
F-Air- Parasol Swing 1% (Hits 1-4 Parasol), 4% (Hit 5 Parasol); 0.5% Per Raindrop (9 Raindrops) [12.5% if all hits connect]
Bandana Dee spins his parasol infront of him, with the final Parasol hit having average knockback. It also swings out 9 raindrops (3 at once), giving this move great range.
B-Air- Dee Kick 12% Clean, 6% Late (Hits Frames 6-7 Clean, 8-22 Late)
Bandana Dee kicks his two feet behind him, similar to Kirby's B-Air. Can KO at high percents. This move is one of Bandana Dee's only moves that doesn't use either his spear or parasol, the other being Hammer (S-Special).
U-Air- Skyward Thrust 9% (Hits Frames 10-12)
Bandana Dee thrusts his spear upwards. Can KO at high percents. Originates from Kirby's Return to Dreamland.
D-Air- Moon Drop 12% Meteor, 11% Drop (Hits Frames 10-11 Meteor, 12-60/[Hits Ground] Drop)
Bandana Dee thrusts hit spear downwards. Has Stall-Then-Fall properties and can Meteor Smash on the initial frames of the attack. Can be angled mid-air slightly. This move can also KO at high percents. Originates from Kirby's Return to Dreamland.

Grabs
Grab- Has same range and speed as Kirby's.
Dash Grab- Has same range and speed as Kirby's.
Pivot Grab- Has same range and speed as Kirby's.
Pummel- Has same speed and damage as Kirby's.
F-Throw- Circus Throw 7%
Bandana Dee juggles the opponent on his parasol, then sends them forward at a low angle, allowing set-ups for gimps. Useless outside of that though due to it's relatively high BKB, but low KBG. Looks the same as B-Throw and U-Throw. Originates from Kirby Super Star.
B-Throw- Circus Throw 7%
Bandana Dee juggles the opponent on his parasol, then sends them behind them at a low angle, allowing set-ups for gimps. Functions the same as F-Throw, just behind Bandana Dee. Originates from Kirby Super Star.
U-Throw- Circus Throw 10%
Bandana Dee juggles the opponent on his parasol, then sends them straight upwards. One of the strongest U-Throws in the games, effectively KOing before 150%. Originates from Kirby Super Star.
D-Throw- Parasol Dive 2% per hit (5 Hits)
Bandana Dee drills his parasol into the opponent, then sends the opponent with low knockback upwards, allowing it combo into other moves such as N-Air, U-Smash, and U-Air. Originates from Kirby Super Star.

Specials
N-Special
- Spear Throw 7% Uncharged, 8% Slightly Charged, 10% Mostly Charged, 12% Fully Charged
Bandana Dee throws a spear infront of him. The spear flies straighter the more it's charged. Fully charged, he throws out 3 spears that do 4% each. Bandana Dee's only projectile. Originates from Kirby's Return to Dreamland.
S-Special- Hammer 21% Ground Head, 17% Ground Handle; 16% Head Aerial Hits 1 & 2, 14% Handle Aerial Hits 1 & 2
(Hits Frames 22-29 Grounded, 22-24 Aerial Hit 1, 37-39 Aerial Hit 2)
Bandana Dee swings a hammer forward with a bit of start-up lag. Functions like Kirby's old hammer in Brawl. One of Bandana Dee's strongest moves. Originates from Kirby Super Star.
U-Special- Spear Copter 2% (First Hit), 1% (Consecutive Hits); 9% Uncharged, 19% Fully Charged
Bandana Dee spins his spear, sending him upwards. Uncharged, it goes up three Bandana Dees. Fully charged (Spear Copter can be charged for up to 2 seconds) it goes 2.5 times that. Can be turned left or right. Originates from Kirby's Return to Dreamland.
D-Special- Megaton Punch 9%-18% Punch, 1%-8% Shockwave
Bandana Dee punches down into the ground like in the Megaton Punch minigame from Kirby Superstar. Can be charged up to deal more damage and knockback. If fully charged, a small shockwave comes out of the punch. Has poor range outside of the shockwave but has high horizontal knockback. Originates from Kirby Super Star.
Final Smash- Waddle Dee Train 45%
A cinematic Final Smash not unlike Captain Falcon's. In it, the opponents hit by the move fall on a train track. Up ahead, Bandana Dee can be seen driving a Waddle Dee Train, which he then uses to run over his opponent like Captain Falcon's Blue Falcon. Originates from Kirby Triple Deluxe.

Other Attacks
Floor Attack
7%
Swings forward infront of him, then behind. Is the exact same for front, back, and trip.
Edge Attack 8%
Climbs up while swinging spear forward quickly.
100% Edge Attack 10%
Same as normal edge attack, but slower.

Taunts
Up Taunt
- Tightens his bandana.
Side Taunt- Waves at the screen, looking happy.
Down Taunt- Cowers in fear, then trips. The same animation Yarn Waddle Dee does when Kirby gets close in Kirby's Epic Yarn. The fall does 4% to opponents right in front of him and can KO at sudden death percents.

Other
On-Screen Apperance
- Flies onto the screen in the same manner he does in the opening cutscene of Kirby's Return to Dreamland.
Victory Fanfare- A remix of the level complete theme from the Kirby series. Shared with Kirby and King Dedede.

Alternate Costumes
- Standard Bandana Dee costume. Spear cloth color is red while the parasol is red and white.
- Yellow Bandana Dee costume that looks like the yellow Bandana Dee clone from Kirby and the Rainbow Curse. Spear cloth is yellow while the parasol is yellow and white.
- Green Bandana Dee costume that looks like the green Bandana Dee clone from Kirby and the Rainbow Curse. Spear cloth is dark green while the parasol is dark green and white.
- Blue Bandana Dee costume that looks like the blue Bandana Dee clone from Kirby and the Rainbow Curse. Spear cloth is dark blue while the parasol is dark blue and white.
- Pink Bandana Waddle Dee costume similar to Kirby's normal color scheme. Spear cloth is pink while the parasol is pink and white.
- Generic Bandana Dee costume but the colors are inversed.
- Grey Bandana Waddle Dee Costume (Similar to the Waddle Dee's from certain areas of Kirby's Return to Dreamland). Spear cloth is dark grey while the parasol is black and dark grey.
- Sailor Dee! Bandana Dee's bandana is replaced with Sailor Dee's sailor hat, making him look just like Sailor Dee from Kirby Superstar. Spear cloth color and parasol color are the same as the default costume.

What do you guys think? Let me know.
EDIT: If you want to see my old one, go to page 486 of this thread.

Last edited:
Top Bottom