• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
The issue with Roy is how he's a one-done Fire Emblem character who got into Melee due to promotional reasons and being a quick clone.

When we have a different clone of that same character who got rushed in due to popularity and promotion, many people feel like Roy should not have been a priority for DLC weither it be pre or post ballot.

The fact that FE is a series that some were upset about having 4 characters does not help him gain any open arms as a 5th.

And, in comparison, veterans such as :wolf::squirtle::ivysaur: and... despite their issues, :snake: & :popo::icsmelee: have comparable or more fan demand and certainly more uniqueness to their moveset.
Squirtle and Ivysaur do NOT have more support than our boy. lol

My personal problem with Roy isn't Roy himself. It isn't the "Too much Fire Emblem" per se either, but the amount of Fire Emblem characters compared to series like Donkey Kong, Metroid, Star Fox or even Kirby.

I think people would complain about Star Fox too, if we had Fox, Falco, Wolf, Krystal and Leon (for example) all at once.
Agreed. Fire Emblem having same amount of characters as Zelda is ridiculous.

GmanSir

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GmanSir
Happy 400. Hope this means we have a 400% chance of a Kirby game this year (we won't since we just got RC, but still).

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
What fighters do you think'll be revealed at E3?

Last edited:
NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
The problem with Roy is that he is, no matter which way you look at it, the third Marth.

But that isn't the biggest kicker for me. In FE, you have swordsmen, axemen, lance wielders, magic users, dragons, and wererabbits. Yeah you heard me. WereRABBITS. So much variety. So many awesome types of fighters to choose from. They all use swords. Every single one of them uses a sword. (Yes even Robin. Although he uses a bit of magic too so I'll cut him some slack.) I CAN see why they would keep everyone in Smash though. Ike was in two FE games, which isn't too common in the FE world and he fights for his friends. Marth is the original. Lucina and Robin are main characters from the newest game. Roy was a lamer lord from a game that did not measure up to expectations.

Roy is a veteran and that is all. But that arguement is pointless anyway. Let's face it. Roy is getting in for some reason. Whatever. Screw it.

Ryu is someone I didn't really like at first and though I still have some gripes, I'm starting to come around. He does have a cool moveset and he is the traveling guy. He's been in every other popular fighting game franchise as a guest character save for Mortal Kombat. So Smash eventually would make sense.
However, his games haven't been on Nintendo for a while, and we already have a Capcom rep.
However, maybe this is grounds for a SFV for WiiU announcement at E3. Who knows?

I've tried really hard to like Ryu in Smash, and I succeeded. I'm looking forward to him. Same thing goes for Roy. Except I just can't like him anymore. And I'm a big FE fan.

Just give me Bandana Waddle Dee and then I'll love Roy.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ok for my E3 predictions is you know that Ryu is going to be in smash 4 for DLC right? will what if they are only doing this so they can do a nintendo vs capcom reason being we all know the marvel vs capcom games are now dead because of the epic fail that is marvel contest of champions and what better way of getting marvel vs capcom series back then by doing a nintendo vs capcom and it will help both companies capcom get there huge profit and nintendo get there hardcore consumer back it a win-win!

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
Ok for my E3 predictions is you know that Ryu is going to be in smash 4 for DLC right? will what if they are only doing this so they can do a nintendo vs capcom reason being we all know the marvel vs capcom games are now dead because of the epic fail that is marvel contest of champions and what better way of getting marvel vs capcom series back then by doing a nintendo vs capcom and it will help both companies capcom get there huge profit and nintendo get there hardcore consumer back it a win-win!
As neat as that would be, I still think SFVWiiU is more likely. Possibly with a Nintendo guest character something. Little Mac most likely.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Am I the only one who has no quibbles at all with the Roy and Ryu thing?

In particular, I must say that I have no problem with Roy because I don't like characters being cut, even if they're not ones that interest me. I'd be, so to speak, Dededevastated if my main were to be dropped, so I fully support anyone trying to get theirs back.

I admit that I'm never going to play as these characters, but I'll certainly buy them as DLC because I want more opponents and content! :chuckle:

Troykv

Smash Master
My personal problem with Roy isn't Roy himself. It isn't the "Too much Fire Emblem" per se either, but the amount of Fire Emblem characters compared to series like Donkey Kong, Metroid, Star Fox or even Kirby.

I think people would complain about Star Fox too, if we had Fox, Falco, Wolf, Krystal and Leon (for example) all at once.
Maybe I'm biased... but it bothers me more that there is overrepresentation of Star Fox than of Fire Emblem... Maybe because all the character probably can be Fox Semi-Clones.

D

Deleted member

Squirtle and Ivysaur do NOT have more support than our boy. lol
You know it sad that a clone like roy get more love and fan support then characters like the ice climbers,Squirtle and Ivysaur you know characters that actually deserves to comeback to smash 4 for dlc.

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
My prediction for E3 is that we'll get Street Fighter for the Wii U because Ryu will be DLC
It makes the most sense after all
So I think we'll get
-Wolf because Star Fox Wii U
-Ryu probably becuase Street Fighter will come to the Wii U
-Someone else, could be BD because the kirby stage DLC but that's just a theory a chalo theory!!
As neat as that would be, I still think SFVWiiU is more likely. Possibly with a Nintendo guest character something. Little Mac most likely.
Little Mac in Street Fighter?
He is just a boxer :drshrug:
Captain Falcon would make the most sense :4falcon:
Also I don't care for Roy, I'm just happy for his fans :roypm:
I hate the idea of Ryu in Smash UNLESS we get some music, that would be my perfect opportunity to finally hear some Street Fighter music :dr-_-:
Also some stuff I need to say
@XenoBrawler610 Your new avatar looks awesome
@Helmslock Congrats for the new signature
@ NintenZ NintenZ Still wouldn't make sense Bandana Dee transforming into a Waddle Doo
You know it sad that a clone like roy get more love and fan support then characters like the ice climbers,Squirtle and Ivysaur you know characters that actually deserves to comeback to smash 4 for dlc.
Well, that's just your opinion, you know?
This is for everyone!!!
After the number 386
There's the 388!!

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Please Sirs and Madams, do not start the Roy debate here, I don't need another Roy flamewar in my life especially after his RTC day :urg:.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

"it's sad people have opinions" :upsidedown:

obligatory 400
I didn't say it like that I just feel like there are better fire emblerm characters that deservers to be in smash then roy I'm not some jerk that going to talk down to roy supporters that want roy back if you want roy then that fine I have nothing against that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
this is a joke right? :p

seeing little mac fight "mike byson" would be fantastic.
Well, there goes my logic XD
I never played a Street Fighter game in my life so at least I have an excuse :lol:
I still think that Captain Falcon would be a better option because Falcon Punch
If he can't be in an F- Zero game
:4falcon:HE WILL INVADE OTHER GAMES:4falcon:

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
Please Sirs and Madams, do not start the Roy debate here, I don't need another Roy flamewar in my life especially after his RTC day :urg:.
Alright then. Let's start another conversation. What music would play during BD's trailer if he was announced?

D

Deleted member

HAPPY PAGE 400!!! :D

I won't expect to see any characters at E3... mostly because I am a big skeptic.
However, if there were three characters, I would predict:
1. Roy: The leak really.
2. Wolf: He would cause some hype, most wanted character after Mewtwo.
3. Ryu: The leak and the fact that he is a gaming legend. This would cause hype.

As for the leaked fighters...
Roy... I don't want him in. He would be a third Marth really. We have normal Marth, no tipper Marth, and now reverse Marth. FE representation is bad as is (but Robin is a shining hope for this), but I think Roy's inclusion would make it... a bit worse, despite him representing the GBA games.
Ryu, I am slowly warming up to. However, I prefer other third party characters like Bomberman and other Capcom characters like Amaterasu and Phoenix Wright. I also think his inclusion takes away from what makes Mega Man's inclusion so special, especially when he is completely MIA in UMvC3.

Little Mac in Street Fighter?
He is just a boxer :drshrug:
Captain Falcon would make the most sense :4falcon:
But there are boxers in Street Fighter. Little Mac can work. :p
I would love Captain Falcon though... especially if I can land some Falcon Punches, Falcon Kicks, Knees of Justice, and People's Elbows. :p

Also some stuff I need to say
@XenoBrawler610 Your new avatar looks awesome

Thank you! :D I love Pikachu! (but I suck with him in Smash and that depresses me. ;-; )

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Alright then. Let's start another conversation. What music would play during BD's trailer if he was announced?
I concur with Chalo5000 - the only logical choice is the theme from Megaton Punch, as it marked Bandana Waddle Dee's debut all those years ago!

If I'm dreaming a bit, I'd throw in a teeny tiny little bit of Dedede's theme somewhere, too - probably as an intro (prior to switching to the Megaton Punch theme) to a reveal that shows Bandana Waddle Dee's role as the head of the penguin king's royal guard. ;)

D

Deleted member

Dunno why, just always associated it with Bandana Dee and (Kinda) Magolor.
Cookie Country? I mean I love the soundtrack too but you want a kirby music to make the people feel really hype for Bandana waddle dee you know what I mean?

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
Cookie Country? I mean I love the soundtrack too but you want a kirby music to make the people feel really hype for Bandana waddle dee you know what I mean?
Note that the music should already be in smash, wether it's a remix or not.

Last edited:

Flying_Skitty

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1091-8635-3184
Best Fire Emblem joke ever. Anyways, Roy is a fun character to play as and has a cool design.

D

Deleted member

Say guys what type of new villain do you want to see in a future kirby game? for me I want to see a god of war type of main villain that comes and invade popstar and it up to kirby and his helpers(from super star) to stop him.

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
Say guys what type of new villain do you want to see in a future kirby game? for me I want to see a god of war type of main villain that comes and invade popstar and it up to kirby and his helpers(from super star) to stop him.
Drawcia return but even more Badarse (I can dream)

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
A flying Eyeball.:troll: Surely that is new and unique right?
In all seriousness, a new mirror world villain, either Darkmind 2, Mirror Marx or something like that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom