• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters
D

Deleted member

All of these Bomberman posts...
They make me sad because I don't think that he will ever be playable in Smash.
M-my dream. M-my childhood...
:crying:

random rendum

Smash Journeyman
thinking about it, I really wanna see irrelevant 3rd parties reactions if a "generic character" is over their beloved meatboy or artix:demon:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Here's this video I found that I wanted to share.

Last edited:

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
Im sure E3 is going to disappoint me. No games I'll actually want to play, someone being announced who will probably be a clone in smash, stuff like that. Honestly, do you guys think that you'll be surprised or hyped by any announcements?

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
Im sure E3 is going to disappoint me. No games I'll actually want to play, someone being announced who will probably be a clone in smash, stuff like that. Honestly, do you guys think that you'll be surprised or hyped by any announcements?
Suprised.. I won't be suprised if Wolf is announced however. There are no games I wanna play this year so far (I highly dislike Splatoon) so I'm used to disappointment...that sounded depressing.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
I always end up surprised by the end by at least a few games, so I imagine that trend will continue. I'm hoping to have some hype announcements like the past few E3's for me, it's good business sense and wouldn't be very wise of Nintendo not to have something prepped up for E3. But then again, this is the company that can't meet Amiibo Demand with Supply, ya know, the most basic part of Economics :ohwell:.

Last edited:

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Don't be so pessimistic. Last year was awesome and I'm sure there's gonna be more surprising awesomeness this year

Flying_Skitty

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1091-8635-3184
Don't be so pessimistic. Last year was awesome and I'm sure there's gonna be more surprising awesomeness this year
I'm hyped over the new Fire Emblem (not the Japan crossover thing for the Wii U) and Ryu and Roy trailers and possible surpises.

I can Smash 3ds for about 30 minutes if anyone wants to.

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
I'm hyped over the new Fire Emblem (not the Japan crossover thing for the Wii U) and Ryu and Roy trailers and possible surpises.

I can Smash 3ds for about 30 minutes if anyone wants to.
Honestly I'm realllllly unhappy about us possibly getting Roy and Ryu... both characters I personally find really unnecessary wasn't what I envisioned for DLC.

Bandanna Brigade we are about to hit page 400!!!!!

Last edited:

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Honestly I'm realllllly unhappy about us possibly getting Roy and Ryu... both characters I personally find really unnecessary wasn't what I envisioned for DLC.

Bandanna Brigade we are about to hit page 400!!!!!
Agreed. I don't think they deserve either

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Ryu is gonna be there like "I'm the most iconic crossover guy in every capcom game and other copany ever" and that the reason is gonna be in and make sense that is a traveler fighter. Still lame because I never liked street fighter.
AND YEAH Street fighter is exclusive for PS4 and PC, So what the hell man. There no way is in, until the direct.

Roy is just plain suck... Plz no. We have a UNCLONED ROY BUT people want a Clone when they argument about the others clones WTF MAN?! That why Nintendo ignored their fandom sometime... Too much Butthurt everywhere.

Wolf is the BEST CHOICE to DLC, because I really miss him. But Isaac and Bandana dee are my hype and this year gonna be ok to me. Im not really exited neither of World Championship and Mario Maker because I NOT BORN IN THE 80, I WAS BORN 1996 DAMNIT.

This year is gonna be ok even they show metroid and star fox because those games are there to Shut up the fans. That it, seriusly.

Man thinking about, I got a WEIRD taste of gaming. I wan to say this but...

This community is a BIG suceed in my opinion. I remember joining here, starting slow and very Unpopular...
But now we striving. people are knowing the dee, the fandom is amazing, the ideas are amazing and the most important of all... THERE SOO Freaking positive about our dee. Heck, even people starting to talk about him more and more and more.
I don't what to say, Is amazing, such unpopular but we did somehow to do it very popular and awesome! So keep the Bandana Bridage LIVING!

I made this to celebrate the 500 pages anniversary... Better change my profile soon.

Troykv

Smash Master
Roy is just plain suck... Plz no. We have a UNCLONED ROY BUT people want a Clone when they argument about the others clones WTF MAN?! That why Nintendo ignored their fandom sometime... Too much Butthurt everywhere.
Wait... you are talking about this guy? :4roy: xD

Wolf is the BEST CHOICE to DLC, because I really miss him. But Isaac and Bandana dee are my hype and this year gonna be ok to me. Im not really exited neither of World Championship and Mario Maker because I NOT BORN IN THE 80, I WAS BORN 1996 DAMNIT.

This year is gonna be ok even they show metroid and star fox because those games are there to Shut up the fans. That it, seriusly.
Wolf is almost a shoo-in with Lucas as DLC...

Metroid will have another 64.

Last edited:

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Wait... you are talking about this guy? :4roy: xD

:roypm: this ROY.

I gonna play some monster hunter and take all my palicoes named "______ DEE" like:
Badass Dee
Golden Dee
Fighter De
White Dee
Spark Dee
Waddle Dee

The Hype for BANDANA DEE is real!

Were close to 500 pages so prepared celebrate and yeah...
We have more pages than Isaac Thread. Like way more. That awesome... But the support numbers with isaac are still higher.
and yeah, I was late and watch this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-t8y1vlP78

Bandana Dee position is very impressive in my opinion.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
Why so much Roy salt? He's a veteran. And he isn't taking anything away from Bandanna Dee's potential, because he was most likely decided on before the conception of the Smash Ballot. Don't lose hope, guys. I have faith in Kirby getting another character. Although I do admit that Kirby is more iconic than Fire Emblem, you have to keep in mind that Fire Emblem has hundreds of characters, and many lords. That being said, B Dee is now an iconic part of the Kirby series, and he deserves it.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Why so much Roy salt? He's a veteran. And he isn't taking anything away from Bandanna Dee's potential, because he was most likely decided on before the conception of the Smash Ballot. Don't lose hope, guys. I have faith in Kirby getting another character. Although I do admit that Kirby is more iconic than Fire Emblem, you have to keep in mind that Fire Emblem has hundreds of characters, and many lords. That being said, B Dee is now an iconic part of the Kirby series, and he deserves it.
Most people believe Roy will stay a clonem that's why he's salt producing

Burruni

Smash Hero
The issue with Roy is how he's a one-done Fire Emblem character who got into Melee due to promotional reasons and being a quick clone.

When we have a different clone of that same character who got rushed in due to popularity and promotion, many people feel like Roy should not have been a priority for DLC weither it be pre or post ballot.

The fact that FE is a series that some were upset about having 4 characters does not help him gain any open arms as a 5th.

And, in comparison, veterans such as :wolf::squirtle::ivysaur: and... despite their issues, :snake: & :popo::icsmelee: have comparable or more fan demand and certainly more uniqueness to their moveset.

Troykv

Smash Master
The issue with Roy is how he's a one-done Fire Emblem character who got into Melee due to promotional reasons and being a quick clone.

When we have a different clone of that same character who got rushed in due to popularity and promotion, many people feel like Roy should not have been a priority for DLC weither it be pre or post ballot.

The fact that FE is a series that some were upset about having 4 characters does not help him gain any open arms as a 5th.

And, in comparison, veterans such as :wolf::squirtle::ivysaur: and... despite their issues, :snake: & :popo::icsmelee: have comparable or more fan demand and certainly more uniqueness to their moveset.
Well... Actually I can say that Roy has more fan demand than Squirtle and Ivy xD

And in my eyes are 3 Characters and a filler extra :happysheep:

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Well... Actually I can say that Roy has more fan demand than Squirtle and Ivy xD
...Personal bias overselling how vocal people were over the loss of those two.

But the root comes from the already rocky situation FE was in terms of fan approval, namely due to :4lucina:. And what (little) Roy brings in as a character and a fighter.

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
...Personal bias overselling how vocal people were over the loss of those two.

But the root comes from the already rocky situation FE was in terms of fan approval, namely due to :4lucina:. And what (little) Roy brings in as a character and a fighter.
Well ask Push about that.

With the Roy's thread... I can't say to much... I don't know exactly how he will returns to Smash.

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
I'd be happy for the FE fans if Roy got in. I'd be happy for the DK fans if King K. Rool got in. I'm sort of looking forward to THAT myself. However, if Bandana Dee wasn't announced, but we got a different Kirby character instead, who do you think it would be? I think it would be Magolor, or maybe Marx. (Since Sakurai seems to have some bias towards Super Star):grrr:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Well ask Push about that.

With the Roy's thread... I can't say to much... I don't know exactly how he will returns to Smash.
We don't know. But given how little previous on-disc semi-clones changed (:4tlink::4ganondorf::4falco::4drmario:), the little differences in the new alt clones (:4darkpit::4lucina:), and how little we've seen change to the real moves we've seen in our DLC Veterans (:4lucas: off the trailer and :4mewtwo:being the same moveset but fixed in properties... namely his tail's hurtbox and the orb spread of F-Throw) there is evidence that people hold to in not having hope for any major changes to Roy.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Roy has a flaming sword, though.

Everybody knows that a flaming sword automatically increases the merit of any game's roster.

Thelimomon

Smash Journeyman
My personal problem with Roy isn't Roy himself. It isn't the "Too much Fire Emblem" per se either, but the amount of Fire Emblem characters compared to series like Donkey Kong, Metroid, Star Fox or even Kirby.

I think people would complain about Star Fox too, if we had Fox, Falco, Wolf, Krystal and Leon (for example) all at once.

Top Bottom