• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Servine

Smash Cadet
At first I thought this was a deconfirmation, but now that I see the picture, it makes it seem more likely. This is the first time Sakurai has acknowledged Bandana Dee, like, at all (I guess outside of Kirby Super Star), so it's exciting to see what could happen here.
I know I'm straw grasping, but Sakurai plays with expectations a lot. This isn't something I would put out of his league (especially not after the Dark Pit tease at E3 2014).

D

Deleted member

(especially not after the Dark Pit tease at E3 2014).
I think I'm one of the only people to have guessed Dark Pit, Greninja, and Galacta Knight as a costume.

I also managed to guess Solozard from this image, and it was a key factor in gauging Dark Pit's chances. Its also kinda funny how most people thought that Dark Pit was disconfirmed at E3 when I just rode the hype train. But the fact that he has shown Dark Pit, and now (to an extent) Bandana Dee, I think he has a chance. But wait! There is more! Dark Pit and Solozard had a twitter tease… But what about Bandana Dee?
THE PLOT THICKENS!

FangedSniper

Smash Apprentice
Guys, Sakurai practically confirmed Ridley as playable in The Smash Direct. So if the magazine is teasing Ridley who will most likely be in and is also teasing Bandana Dee...

Also , what makes me think that the picture is hinting at something is the fact that Return to Dreamland isn't the most recent Kirby game. If they wanted a shot of Kirby they could use Triple Deluxe, and if they wanted a shot of Dedede they could use Dedede drum dash (Z). If they wanted to show the entire Kirby cast that is confirmed so far they could have just taken out Bandana Dee, but he is there. Why, if not his playability?

TL;DR: Why use a shot of RTDL if you can use a shot of Triple Deluxe, if not to tease Bandana Dee ?

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Guys, Sakurai practically confirmed Ridley as playable in The Smash Direct. So if the magazine is teasing Ridley who will most likely be in and is also teasing Bandana Dee...

Also , what makes me think that the picture is hinting at something is the fact that Return to Dreamland isn't the most recent Kirby game. If they wanted a shot of Kirby they could use Triple Deluxe, and if they wanted a shot of Dedede they could use Dedede drum dash (Z). If they wanted to show the entire Kirby cast that is confirmed so far they could have just taken out Bandana Dee, but he is there. Why, if not his playability?

TL;DR: Why use a shot of RTDL if you can use a shot of Triple Deluxe, if not to tease Bandana Dee ?
You know, that's a very good point...:smirk:Heck, Kirby Triple Deluxe can be seen in Kirby's scan, so.....:smirk:

Enigma14

Smash Champion
I love the energy and all but for Samus' page it was referring to enemies she has fought in past games.

For Dedede's it was because it just happened to be the last game he was playable in, that was not a secret mode. If BD is in? I'll play him and challenge you if your handling of him trumps mine. If not, then I just don't want your hopes to get dashed if its not the case.

Also whatever happened to that one guy that bought the game early?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

ughhhhhh the hype is killing me slowly we have to wait 3 more days until japan release, I wish I had a japanese 3DS
These will be a painful few weeks indeed. Time is moving pretty slow for me...
The game will be released in two days. When it comes, we will see his fate. Hopefully he made it in! :(

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Okay, I'm getting tons of SmashBoards lag, so I'll just make a quick post.

I managed to extract the entire filesystem from Return to Dream Land, so I can see pretty much everything in the game. Right now, I'm checking out all of the different file types, and I noticed that Kirby's Return to Dream Land uses the same file format as Smash Bros. Brawl does for it's music - .brstm! This basically means all the tools I need to change out the songs in RtDL are already made, so I'll be switching out a bunch of music to see how it works, and also for fun. Right now, I'm looping out the RtDL 8-BIT Main Theme to add in to replace the current one.

Also, I noticed some funny things. First of all, they made a typo, not that it matters much, calling Stone Kirby's ability "StoneKriby", while others are named regularly, such as "SwordKirby", and "BeamKirby". Also, there's a few songs in the game that have perculiar music - mainly "halberd.brstm" which is, if I am correct, the boss battle music for Magolor. There's also things such as "dedede01.brstm" which is DeDeDe's theme, "dedede02.brstm" which is a remix of his theme, and "dededesxd.brstm" which is Masked DeDeDe's theme. Also, I found this quite funny - the music used for Kirby's theme when he's defeated it called "KbyDEAD.brstm". Not sure why there's so much emphasis on the fact that he's defeated, lol.

Also, okay, I need to say this - I also found a bunch of themes from Kirby Super Star, although they were new arrangements. I'm sure these are used in the game somewhere, but I don't remember them. Some of these include Kawasaki's theme used in Gourmet Race's cutscene, "Loby.brstm" which is used in one of the menu themes for one of the sub-games in Super Star, and "st_umi.brstm" which I remember hearing in Super Star somewhere, and in Return to Dream Land. It's a fantastic theme, not sure where it's exactly from, though. To be honest, I've been looking for this for around a month on YouTube, but I could never find it. I sorta feel like this game was meant to be a Super Star sequel or something - maybe these are from when it was being developed for the GameCube? I'm sure that Helpers were in those screenshots.

I'll report more findings as I go!

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
His shoes and gloves change, like in Brawl. And his Fur (?) is a different shade.

Anyway, what I found interesting is this:

Notice how King Dedede, Meta Knight, and Kirby are all stacking while Bandana Dee is following behind.

Maybe the stacking means confirmed characters and Bandana Dee is about to be one of them.

Hmmm thats not that bad of a theory Accually.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
So somebody apparently got the game and leaked that prince fluff would be in.I only take this as a grain of salt becuase it did call the galataic knight skin before the magazine above.I really hope this is fake.PRINCE FLUFF.I like him but he's no dee
I would be so insulted as a Kirby fan if Prince Fluff were the Kirby rep. I would seriously be upset. I hope this is super false.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Not to sound like a repeating record, but when will we learn of the full roster? Friday or Saturday? I can't imagine someone playing Smash to unlock all characters in 1 sitting or even a day. Unless they show off the roster on one of the streams.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Hey I have a wild idea that's probably not the case but maybe worth sharing

What if Bandana Waddle Dee is in Smash... because much like Greninja, game makers were urged to highlight a new character to represent their franchise.

Think about it... Greninja was designed first and chosen for smash at the start before the last Pokemon games were out.

In recent games Bandana Dee has been getting a bigger and more reoccurring role when normally new characters don't stick with the Kirby franchise that aren't the main 3.

What if like Greninja, Bandana Waddle Dee was chosen to represent Kirby as a new rep for the franchise and now is just getting continuously added to games.

What if new characters for franchises now are made more reoccurring or even designed with being a smash fighter to begin with as a new thing in Nintendo since Smash is a big franchise...

conspiracy time!!!

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero

No, but the Muhnahdo makes up for it! Now think about using Shield as Kirby...That will be one of my many tricks, I can tell you that...
Are you sure that's not just an early screenshot? I mean why would Kirby just suddenly not have a hat to wear from Shulk? It looks pretty do-able to me. Like I said, maybe this is an "in-development" screenshot.

D

Deleted member

Are you sure that's not just an early screenshot? I mean why would Kirby just suddenly not have a hat to wear from Shulk? It looks pretty do-able to me. Like I said, maybe this is an "in-development" screenshot.
Its not. He wears the Monado on his back if he isn't using it. And by your logic, the Parasol ability has been "in-development" since its debut. Thats how Shulk-Kirby works hat-wise. Obviously Bandana Dee is playable, combining normal hats (bandana) and having a weapon strapped on Kirby's back. :laugh:

IronFish

Smash Ace
If Kirby just had Shulk hair for Shulk Kirby, than he'd look to much like Robin Kirby

Enigma14

Smash Champion
I don't see what the big deal is about a hatless Kirby. Parasoul has been brought up and some hats aren't even hats!

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Huh. It just seems so weird. Oh, well. I guess we'll just see when the game is released in Japan, but for the moment I'll take your words for it.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Wow, the stars look like they are starting to align for Bandanna Dee! Hype!

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Guys, while I'm all for it.

Please keep the hype down....the lower it gets the better it is for everyone.

If he isn't in, less disappointment.

If he IS in, total hype blow out.

I just don't want us to get broken....

Enderman1021

Smash Ace
NNID
Enderman1021
NOTICE NOTICE NOTICE!

SORRY FOR CAPS

PLEASE KEEP THIS THREAD SPOILER FREE WHEN THE JAPAN VERSION COMES OUT. A LOT OF PEOPLE DON'T WANT THE GAME SPOILED AND I WANT TO KEEP IT THAT WAY. PLEASE PUT ANYTHING INFO IN A SPOILER MARKED AS SUPER SMASH BROS.

UNLESS BANDANA DEE GETS CONFIRMED, ANNOUNCE HIM AND HAVE THIS THREAD BLOW UP BECAUSE OF HYPE!!

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
HOLY MOTHER OF LORD THIS IS SO AMAZING

SUCH A MINOR CHANGE BUT IT FITS SO WELL

GUYS I CHANGED COOKIE COUNTRY'S THEME TO CANDY MOUNTAIN FROM SUPER STAR ULTRA ITS SO GOOD

FangedSniper

Smash Apprentice
NOTICE NOTICE NOTICE!

SORRY FOR CAPS

PLEASE KEEP THIS THREAD SPOILER FREE WHEN THE JAPAN VERSION COMES OUT. A LOT OF PEOPLE DON'T WANT THE GAME SPOILED AND I WANT TO KEEP IT THAT WAY. PLEASE PUT ANYTHING INFO IN A SPOILER MARKED AS SUPER SMASH BROS.

UNLESS BANDANA DEE GETS CONFIRMED, ANNOUNCE HIM AND HAVE THIS THREAD BLOW UP BECAUSE OF HYPE!!
Fair enough. We keep it hush-hush until The Dee is confirmed, and then all hell breaks loose (in a good way)

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
I can't believe this worked... out of everything I had tested that SHOULD have worked and didn't, the one thing I decided to test that SHOULDN'T work DID.

I replaced the Sword that Kirby holds when he gets the Sword Copy Ability with the Bomb model that's used in Bomb's Copy Ability... AND IT WORKED.

Now, Kirby will be swinging around a permanently-attached Bomb to save Dream Land.

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
If anyone sees a sighting of Bandana Dee getting dee-confirmed (AT, or something) then I suggest you post it.

But if he doesn't appear at all aside from a trophy, wouldn't that mean he's a Stage Hazard on the Wii U version? :crazy:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
We need to consider that it is possible that he might JUST be a Trophy...

I mean Brittany is just a Trophy and she was a main character in Pikmin 3.

Just setting expectations low....

Top Bottom