• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
I'm in for a skype group! i actually considered asking you guys about that myself! so do pm me x3

also

triple deluxe
PYRIBBOT IS SO ****ING ANNOYING OH MY GOD LIKE WOW

hes so cool though
yeah i hate the living daylights out of that guy

CodeBlue_

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-2347-7011-5339
I don't know why I clicked a spoiler post that had "triple deluxe" typed right over it when I am trying to avoid Triple Deluxe spoilers.

The wait is killing me.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

triple deluxe

hes so cool though
I hate him too. He was by far the boss that gave me the most trouble in Kirby Triple Deluxe. His attacks hit hard and I barely have time to hit him...

Last edited by a moderator:

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
I don't know why I clicked a spoiler post that had "triple deluxe" typed right over it when I am trying to avoid Triple Deluxe spoilers.

The wait is killing me.
its a really good game, like, really good, top 3 3ds imo

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
I would join, but I don't use Skype... for a number of reasons...

I may go and get it though, as being able to chat with you guys would be nice.

---
triple deluxe

hes so cool though
Oh gosh, Pyribot is just, gosh a super hard and annoying boss...

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I'm in for a skype group! i actually considered asking you guys about that myself! so do pm me x3

also

yeah i hate the living daylights out of that guy
That boss is easy (just watch for his shadow. He's hard at first though.)

Last edited:

FangedSniper

Smash Apprentice
Theres a couple of things I want to say as quite a lot has happen.

Do I think Bandana Dee will be in this roster?

...Yes and no. I believe in the high probability of DLC. I think Bandana Dee is very high candidate for it. I do not think Bandana Dee will be in the original roster.

Even with the possibility of there being more characters then the leaked css, that doesn't stop the fact that the locked characters don't seem to point to Bandana Dee at all.

Let's talk about Shulk as well.

I love Shulk. Shulk is an awesome character from an awesome game. So why do I bring him up?

...Because aside from specials, Shulk took quite a bit away from Bandana Dee. The biggest being the use of a long-ranged melee weapon. His smash attacks would have even been perfect for Bandana Dee.

Thats not all. In Xenoblade, Shulk is considered a glass cannon...Which is what a lot of people wanted Bandana Dee to be. So we are at a bit of a problem where, unless we think of something, the only thing unique about Bandana Dee would be his specials.

I will say, Bandana Dee has become my most wanted newcomer don't misunderstand. I'm just merely pointing stuff out. I can guarantee you that one of these days, Bandana Dee will make it into Smash. Hal is just pushing him that hard. Bandana Dee will be getting into bigger and better roles as the games come by. King Dedede and Meta knight have had a hard mode. Soon Bandana Dee will have one as well most likely.

People will soon realize just how important Bandana Dee is. Mark my words. Bandana Dee is loved by both fans and the creators, so only good things should come. :3
Well some people have suggested before that he would be an anti-aerial character with his spear, being able to distance himself from air dominator like Meta Knight yet still deal lots of damage. Now that I think about it, him and Lil Mac would be the ultimate tag team if that were the case :)

08skidoosh80

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tyler80
3DS FC
3136-6615-9131
Switch FC
SW-5074-0505-2141
Thought I would drop by to tell you guys I edited my profile pic to better show my support for the dee....
THE BANDANA DEE!!!

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
YES just beat all of Kirby Fighter Deluxe with ALL powers on Very Hard. Got all hats and for my Hammer Run I had no losses. Pretty Sweet.

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
I'd like Bandana Dee or Magolor. I think Magolor has great moveset potential. Many of this boss moves can make it in some form as his attacks... I posted these in the Magolor Thread though not much action there. I also would love a Villian rep. I know MK and Dedede are suppose too be "villains" but I just don't see them as villains.

I believe that Magolor will be from now on reoccurring in some form. I think, like Bandana Waddle Dee, he should be.
I hadn't wanted Magolor in the game before, but after seeing this I'd love to see him get in. Bandana Dee comes first though, but this is really awesome

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
If every character is going to have at least 1 alternate costume, it seems obvious that Bandana Dee would get Sailor Dee.

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
If he does get in i don't see why they couldn't give him sailor dee, i'm pretty certain if he does get in he will have that XD

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Guys, now you can make 8 colors swap of waddle dee because every caracter gonna have eight colors. ME, sorry, Im not good editing, I just want to say that you can update the color swap because there 8 now with every single character!

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
Guys, now you can make 8 colors swap of waddle dee because every caracter gonna have eight colors. ME, sorry, Im not good editing, I just want to say that you can update the color swap because there 8 now with every single character!
This is true, this also means he can have both Sailor and Spear alts

behold a rushed edit courtesy of my rusty spriting skills.

Standard Bandana Dee
Rainbow curse colours (Yellow w/ Red Bandana, Lime w/ Green Bandana, Aqua w/ White Bandana)
Monochrome Colour
Purple w/ Yellow Bandana
Sailor Waddle Dee
Spear Hat Waddle Dee

FireTheWFT

Smash Cadet
NNID
Firemaya

Here are my recolors for the Dee;
The first color being the default, the next three being the Kirby's Rainbow Curse's Dees, the first two on the bottom row are Kirby and Metaknight I tried, and the last two being Sailor Dee and Kirby's Spear Ability Hat.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord

The first color being the default, the next three being the Kirby's Rainbow Curse's Dees, the first two on the bottom row are Kirby and Metaknight I tried, and the last two being Sailor Dee and Kirby's Spear Ability Hat.
I love this :D

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Now that Shulk is cofirmed, Bandana Dee is the third most replied character thread after Ridley and K. Rool. And is the 4th most viewed character thread after Ridley, K. Rool, and Isaac.

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Now that Shulk is cofirmed, Bandana Dee is the third most replied character thread after Ridley and K. Rool. And is the 4th most viewed character thread after Ridley, K. Rool, and Isaac.
I'm a bit confused on why I see Bandana Dee being one of the most unwanted characters across members, but he has one of the most popular threads...

what

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
I'm a bit confused on why I see Bandana Dee being one of the most unwanted characters across members, but he has one of the most popular threads...

what
well we're mostly just 10-20 guys posting in the thread over and over i feel at least lately, maybe that's why, but why so many people don't want him is beyond me, especially with the vote being well over 70% up top

i feel most people still just see him as a glorified goomba

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
well we're mostly just 10-20 guys posting in the thread over and over i feel at least lately, maybe that's why, but why so many people don't want him is beyond me, especially with the vote being well over 70% up top

pikachu can't be in smash he's a glorified goomba

:013::013::013::013::013::013::013::013::013::013::013::013::013::013::013::013::013::013::013::013:

Banana Waffle Deed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sapsiper
3DS FC
1263-6961-7801
That's fantastic! Ironically in school I made my nickname BWD for a program (for you know who because it's too long) and ended up in 4th place....

This means that there's four newcomers left and the last one is Bandana Dee, Ealio, my custodian, told me. :p

Well, 12 more days until the 3DS version comes out. I personally hope that there's one big reveal before it's released in Japan, though it's probably not going to happen.

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
A Dark Samus alt when Dark Samus is an Assist Trophy? That completely debunks the "Smash Run enemy" argument to Bandana Dee.

Thought I would drop by to tell you guys I edited my profile pic to better show my support for the dee....
THE BANDANA DEE!!!
You know, there's an actual Bandana Dee sprite from Super Star Ultra, in Revenge of the King.

ITT: Everyone is a glorified Goomba. :laugh:

Anyways, do you guys think if characters get 8 different colors that alternate costumes count as them too? If so, my list would be:

• Bandana Dee (Regular)
  • Aqua with a white bandana
  • Lime with a dark green bandana
  • Yellow with a red/orange bandana
  • Sailor Dee
  • Ninja Dee from Return to Dreamland's sub-game "Ninja Dojo"
  • White with a black bandana
  • With Kirby's Spear Hat

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
A Dark Samus alt when Dark Samus is an Assist Trophy? That completely debunks the "Smash Run enemy" argument to Bandana Dee.

You know, there's an actual Bandana Dee sprite from Super Star Ultra, in Revenge of the King.

ITT: Everyone is a glorified Goomba. :laugh:

Anyways, do you guys think if characters get 8 different colors that alternate costumes count as them too? If so, my list would be:

• Bandana Dee (Regular)
  • Aqua with a white bandana
  • Lime with a dark green bandana
  • Yellow with a red/orange bandana
  • Sailor Dee
  • Ninja Dee from Return to Dreamland's sub-game "Ninja Dojo"
  • White with a black bandana
  • With Kirby's Spear Hat
Pretty sure that smash run enemy thing was been debunked, with the whole 'ROB being playable yet a SSE enemy.' and ya know, common sense that you should be able to tell them apart. :laugh:
As for color swaps:
1. Default Bandana Dee
2. Spear Hat Waddle Dee
3. Lumberjack Waddle Dee
4. Grey Bandana Dee
5. Sailor Waddle Dee
6. Cowboy Waddle Dee
7. Native American Waddle Dee
8. Golden Bandana Dee

Last edited:

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
Pretty sure that smash run enemy thing was been debunked, with the whole 'ROB being playable yet a SSE enemy.' and ya know, common sense that you should be able to tell them apart. :laugh:
As for color swaps:
1. Default Bandana Dee
2. Light Blue Bandana Dee
3. Lumberjack Waddle Dee
4. Green Bandana Dee
5. Sailor Waddle Dee
6. Grey Bandana Dee
7. Purple Bandana Dee
8. Golden Bandana Dee
oh gosh i forgot about the lumberjack dee's they were adorable, all of my yes

Banana Waffle Deed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sapsiper
3DS FC
1263-6961-7801
look at you, you're just a glorified porygon, who would want that -ko's and doesnt catch-

yeah x3 basically

as for colours basically what you said, exept id want a monochrome one too
BandanaDee, I wouldn't be to sure of yourself, you're a red version of Goombario with hands and spinning a spear. Not very impressive, due to the fact that:

Everyone is a glorified Goomba.

oh gosh i forgot about the lumberjack dee's they were adorable, all of my yes
I feel like Bandana Dee should of been in Kirby on the draw and gotten a western style outfit. I think that would be a cool alternate costume if that existed.

Last edited:

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
This is true, this also means he can have both Sailor and Spear alts

behold a rushed edit courtesy of my rusty spriting skills.

Standard Bandana Dee
Rainbow curse colours (Yellow w/ Red Bandana, Lime w/ Green Bandana, Aqua w/ White Bandana)
Monochrome Colour
Purple w/ Yellow Bandana
Sailor Waddle Dee
Spear Hat Waddle Dee

This is 10/10 skins. Now Bandana Dee is getting bigger respect, than ever before!
I really love The waddle dee skin with the spear hat that use kirby with spear ability! Is just genius, I never though of that.

After all, All Mario Gang of 3D world is here except for toad. But kirby gang is not here all of them...... Need more Dee.
After all, Since Shulk confirmed. I gonna make my new BIG 3 characters for Smash bros. I'm gonna say this but, Bandana Dee is my THIRD MOST WANTED!

10 Days before Smash Japan Release!!!

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
I bought Triple Deluxe Yesterday.

Gonna post my impressions later.

:kirby::kirby::colorful::colorful:BECAUSE MY HYPE IS REAL RIGHT NOW:colorful::colorful::kirby::kirby:
In other words, you're going to post about how awesome the game is later today, how you love everything about it, and how it's your most favorite Kirby game in the whole franchise?

Last edited:

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
As for color swaps:
1. Default Bandana Dee
2. Spear Hat Waddle Dee
3. Lumberjack Waddle Dee
4. Grey Bandana Dee
5. Sailor Waddle Dee
6. Cowboy Waddle Dee
7. Native American Waddle Dee
8. Golden Bandana Dee
Also, I'll try to make some pics for these alts soon.
I bought Triple Deluxe Yesterday.

Gonna post my impressions later.

:kirby::kirby::colorful::colorful:BECAUSE MY HYPE IS REAL RIGHT NOW:colorful::colorful::kirby::kirby:
SWEET! Hope you have a blast with it!

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
In other words, you're going to post about how awesome the game is later today, how you love everything about it, and how it's your most favorite Kirby game in the whole franchise?
Triple Deluxe is really up there for me. Not sure that anything can beat KSS in my heart but damn... it's like right side-by-side with it. I'd need both in my casket if I had to choose what Kirby item to be buried with LOL.

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
YES just beat all of Kirby Fighter Deluxe with ALL powers on Very Hard. Got all hats and for my Hammer Run I had no losses. Pretty Sweet.
Me too! Although I think I lost once or twice in the hammer run.

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
I just rewatched the Shulk trailer, and whoever it was earlier that said Shulk took Bandana Dee's..

Nevermind. I found it.

...Because aside from specials, Shulk took quite a bit away from Bandana Dee. The biggest being the use of a long-ranged melee weapon. His smash attacks would have even been perfect for Bandana Dee.

Thats not all. In Xenoblade, Shulk is considered a glass cannon...Which is what a lot of people wanted Bandana Dee to be. So we are at a bit of a problem where, unless we think of something, the only thing unique about Bandana Dee would be his specials.
Er, I don't see what Shulk took away from Bandana Dee. A spear is much more different than the monado.

Sure, it's a long ranged weapon, but the difference is that the tip of it is the only part that hits, and it hits harder than the monado would normally. Within the monado it's much more divided up. It can hit with any part of it, but it doesn't hit as hard as a spear would in the one place and that one place only. Not to mention Shulk can't throw multiples of his weapon, or use it to fly temporarily while damaging others. I suppose those would be the specials, but, Bandana Dee uses his spear for other unique purposes to fill in. They aren't really that similar..

Shulk being a glass cannon doesn't change much either. Lots of characters are glass cannons, and it hardly ever takes away from their uniqueness as a fighter.

I mean, just watch!

Now, one COULD argue that a lot of those would be specials, but still, do you really think he would be THAT similar in terms of uniqueness?

08skidoosh80

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tyler80
3DS FC
3136-6615-9131
Switch FC
SW-5074-0505-2141
Moveset Time!!!:kirby:

Weight-Light
Speed-Fast
Jump Height-High
Archetype-Sponge(Bandana Dee to me seems like he could take a few hits before flying)
:GCA:Stabs forward with his spear:GCA:stabs again:GCA:does multiple stabs
Dash:GCA:-Throws spear forward in an arc
Tilts
:GCU:Stabs his spear upwards
:GCR:Stabs his spear outward in front of him
:GCD:Stabs his spear into the ground creating a small shockwave
Smashes

:GCCU:Stabs upward into the air multiple times
:GCCR: Stabs his spear in front of him which goes a long distance
:GCCD: Stabs his spear into the ground creating a massive shockwave
Aerials
:GCU:Stabs his spear into the air
:GCR:Stabs his spear in front of him
:GCL:Stabs his spear behind him
:GCD:Slams quickly into the ground with his spear
Specials
:GCB:-Team Up: To give Bandana Dee even more uniqueness, and to show off the Kirby game's team up feature, Bandana Dee would summon an enemy you choose from a selection wheel to aid you in battle. The ally's could vary from waddle doos, to swordmasters, to Poppy Bros Jr., however you would only be able to summon one at a time. The ally would then follow Bandana Dee and attack enemies when they're close by, but could get defeated if hit enough. It would work exactly as in KSS where you can turn your abilities into allies.
:GCU::GCB:-Spear-Copter: Bandana Dee would spin his spear above his head rapidly which would let him fly all over the stage. You would even be able to damage enemies if you hit them with the spinning spear.
:GCR::GCB:-Spear-Dash: Bandana Dee would hold his spear in front of him, and charge forward plowing down anyone in his way.
:GCD::GCB:-Cake Time: Bandana Dee would pull out a delicous cake which he could eat with A to restore 15% damage(But would have a cooldown time of 5-10 seconds), or could throw it at an enemy for 15% damage.
Final Smash
Dee Parade- Bandana Dee would dance around and then an army of Waddle Dees would land on the stage(10-20), some with Parasols and others in the giant costumes from Triple Deluxe. They would walk around and take up most of the stage and would knock opponents flying if they touched them. They would continue to walk around for about 20-30 seconds.(This attack is kind of like Dedede's, but that;s only because I want him to have a Masked Dedede FS)
Taunts
:GCU:Bandana Dee throws his spear up in the air, catches it, then stands triumphantly
:GCL::GCR:Bandana Dee holds his spear in the air and dances around in a circle
:GCD:Bandana Dee hugs his spear
Extra
Entrance-Flies onto the stage via his spear(Up B)
Victory-Bandana Dee dances around then holds his spear in the air

Top Bottom