• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Spoiler because it's long
One day in Dreamland, a place oh so fun, Kirby Meta Knight and Dedede were on the run. Bandana Dee saw this and was curious, he also found a pearl necklace. He marched to the smash house, and was pretty scared, it was disconfirmation day, and not a lot were spared. Bandana Dee saw a picture of a trophy in a leak, it was his own trophy! He felt very weak. He ran out of the house with tears in his eyes, he was found 2 days later on the beach at sunrise. Dedede saw him and asked what was wrong, and gave him a Pep Brew to keep him strong. Bandana Dee told him that he wasn't playable because of the trophy, then Dedede laughed and sat on his own knees. "Listen here, it isn't official so you still have a chance! Keep fighting for a spot!" Orded Dedede in a battle stance. Bandana Dee wasn't amused, as this statement while true, was pretty overused. Link came in and saw the necklace Bandana had in his hand, and Shulk saw this, he was getting tanned. The swordsmen went to Bandana Dee and told him the necklace belonged to Peach. Shulk saw a vision and everyone heard a screech! "Where's Bandana Dee? he isn't out yet!" someone yelled. "Come on you! You role hasn't been said!" Bandana Dee decided to return to the smashers, he still got respect. He saw the princesses screaming, there was a rather large insect. Bandana Dee gave Peach her necklace, he was as quick as a flash! He then grabbed the huge bug and suddenly made a dash! He found the Villager and give him the bug, he thanked Bandana Dee, and gave him a coffee mug. The damsels went to Bandana Dee and thanked him a lot! Giving him compliments at how bravely he fought! Lucina then went up to him and said with a smile "I'll try to give you a good word, we haven't had such a cute newcomer in a while" Bandana Dee jumped for joy, his chances were still high! He then saw all newcomers with wings fly by. After thinking about it, Bandana Dee said: "Even if I don't make it, I shouldn't bee upset." Sakurai was watching this straight from his computor screen "To not include this guy would be rather mean."

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Today PotD really confirm that the leaker in reality, he din't have all the characters, THERE even more characters because Sakurai said "That you have All-start mode in the beginning but is a Lock symbol in the corner that means that the roster is not complete and you play a unfinished version of All-star mode." The leaker, leak the All-star mode menu options, even he have many character on its possessions, he in reality ha don't have all the characters! I think my speculation was right after all! The leaker don't have all the character and there more to come! This in fact Great news!!!!

All hail Bana- Bandana Dee!!! So everybody calm down and support us our lord savior Bandana Dee!

EDIT: I leave a strong error in this one, In reality the leaker MISS other character, so that not all the roster, am glad that not all the roster because there missing gems there. Gems=Important Characters.

Last edited:

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
Today PotD really confirm that the leaker in reality, he din't have all the characters, THERE even more characters because Sakurai said "That you have All-start mode in the beginning but is a Lock symbol in the corner that means that the roster is not complete and you play a unfinished version of All-star mode." The leaker, leak the All-star mode menu options, even he have many character on its possessions, he in reality have all the characters! I think my speculation was right after all! The leaker don't have all the character and there more to come! This in fact Great news!!!!

All hail Bana- Bandana Dee!!! So everybody calm down and support us our lord savior Bandana Dee!
BANDANA DEE. WE WANT, THE DEE.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I hope bandana dee is in from the evidence

The only thing concerning me on dees inclusion is that there are several characters likely to top him for 1 of the missing 5 spots.

Last edited:

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
I hope bandana dee is in

But how on earth is he going to top mewtwo and ridley for spots?
He's popular in japan, and people believe theres still about 5 or so spots left (give or take dlc)
and kirbys gotten nothing new exept a new kirby FS and a new assist trophy so a new kirby rep would def be nice

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I have a lot more hope for B.D. now! I mean, if Kid Icarus can (most likely) get 3 reps, and Fire Emblem gets 4, Kirby has no excuse to not have at least 4 or maybe even more! Also, dat All-Star Mode, tho....:shades:

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
Spoiler because it's long
One day in Dreamland, a place oh so fun, Kirby Meta Knight and Dedede were on the run. Bandana Dee saw this and was curious, he also found a pearl necklace. He marched to the smash house, and was pretty scared, it was disconfirmation day, and not a lot were spared. Bandana Dee saw a picture of a trophy in a leak, it was his own trophy! He felt very weak. He ran out of the house with tears in his eyes, he was found 2 days later on the beach at sunrise. Dedede saw him and asked what was wrong, and gave him a Pep Brew to keep him strong. Bandana Dee told him that he wasn't playable because of the trophy, then Dedede laughed and sat on his own knees. "Listen here, it isn't official so you still have a chance! Keep fighting for a spot!" Orded Dedede in a battle stance. Bandana Dee wasn't amused, as this statement while true, was pretty overused. Link came in and saw the necklace Bandana had in his hand, and Shulk saw this, he was getting tanned. The swordsmen went to Bandana Dee and told him the necklace belonged to Peach. Shulk saw a vision and everyone heard a screech! "Where's Bandana Dee? he isn't out yet!" someone yelled. "Come on you! You role hasn't been said!" Bandana Dee decided to return to the smashers, he still got respect. He saw the princesses screaming, there was a rather large insect. Bandana Dee gave Peach her necklace, he was as quick as a flash! He then grabbed the huge bug and suddenly made a dash! He found the Villager and give him the bug, he thanked Bandana Dee, and gave him a coffee mug. The damsels went to Bandana Dee and thanked him a lot! Giving him compliments at how bravely he fought! Lucina then went up to him and said with a smile "I'll try to give you a good word, we haven't had such a cute newcomer in a while" Bandana Dee jumped for joy, his chances were still high! He then saw all newcomers with wings fly by. After thinking about it, Bandana Dee said: "Even if I don't make it, I shouldn't bee upset." Sakurai was watching this straight from his computor screen "To not include this guy would be rather mean."

Maikou

Smash Ace
There's no reason for Sakurai not to see moveset potential in Bandana Dee. Thing is, though, I'm worried. I'm worried that Sakurai will screw up with Bandana just like with Bowser Jr, who rides his Koopa Clown Car instead of actually fighting with his brush like I'd hoped.

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I have a lot more hope for B.D. now! I mean, if Kid Icarus can (most likely) get 3 reps, and Fire Emblem gets 4, Kirby has no excuse to not have at least 4 or maybe even more! Also, dat All-Star Mode, tho....:shades:
Bandana Dee AND Adeleine? I'd be fine with that, as long as Adeleine is in.

If my theory of the 60 icons is correct, it wouldn't be so impossible.
In a way, Bandana Dee is the Rosalina of Kirby, Adeleine is the Bowser Jr of Kirby (including cameos of other characters through drawings, like the Koopalings for Bjr).
Also, they would remind the pattern of Lucina and Robin, a simple weapon based fighting character and a gimmicky magical character.

I'd be happy with Bandana Dee in the game ONLY if Adeleine is in as well, even if she's only an assist.

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
There's no reason for Sakurai not to see moveset potential in Bandana Dee. Thing is, though, I'm worried. I'm worried that Sakurai will screw up with Bandana just like with Bowser Jr, who rides his Koopa Clown Car instead of actually fighting with his brush like I'd hoped.
Really? Because to me this proves that Sakurai knows of his move set potential when he creates very creative move sets that we never thought of like Bowser Jr.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
What if he rode Pierce as his vehicle if he doesn't find the spear interesting enough:

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Hey guys, might not be here as much because if school.
Anyway, what Bandana Dee affairs are we currently speaking of? :p

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
What if he rode Pierce as his vehicle if he doesn't find the spear interesting enough:
That would be hilarious and weird at the same time.
I can imagine BD riding it like a cowboy.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

just found this on da, pretty fun, though sorry if its already been posted
The reason why Kirby, Meta Knight, and King Dedede don't get it is because the mighty bandana wiped their memories clean with its mightiness :troll:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
I need to beat Kirby Fighters Z (very hard) with Cutter, Fighting, Bomb, Ninja, and Whip.

Bomb and Whip are really easy because the CPUs don't pay attention to dropped bombs and charge into them, and Whip because you can infinite them into a wall until they're dead.

Cutter will be a bit more difficult because it's Cutter, but keeping away and playing it safe could make it easier.

Fighting and Ninja are impossible for me.

I HATE FIGHTING AND NINJA SO MUCH

UGH

I never liked Fighting, and Ninja is so nerfed in this game that I can't use him - there's also a lot of ending lag on pretty much all of his attacks, so...

give me tips pls

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
I need to beat Kirby Fighters Z (very hard) with Cutter, Fighting, Bomb, Ninja, and Whip.

Bomb and Whip are really easy because the CPUs don't pay attention to dropped bombs and charge into them, and Whip because you can infinite them into a wall until they're dead.

Cutter will be a bit more difficult because it's Cutter, but keeping away and playing it safe could make it easier.

UGH

I never liked Fighting, and Ninja is so nerfed in this game that I can't use him - there's also a lot of ending lag on pretty much all of his attacks, so...

give me tips pls
With Ninja, when in doubt spam the Blossom Storm and Smoke Bomb. :p

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I'd like Bandana Dee or Magolor. I think Magolor has great moveset potential. Many of this boss moves can make it in some form as his attacks... I posted these in the Magolor Thread though not much action there. I also would love a Villian rep. I know MK and Dedede are suppose too be "villains" but I just don't see them as villains.

I believe that Magolor will be from now on reoccurring in some form. I think, like Bandana Waddle Dee, he should be.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
With Ninja, when in doubt spam the Blossom Storm and Smoke Bomb. :p
WAIT SMOKE BOMB ACTUALLY DOES DAMAGE?

WHAT

Also, does Blossom Storm drag nearby opponents into it or something? Sometimes the Ninja CPU does it on me and I'm teleported right below them...

I'd like Bandana Dee or Magolor. I think Magolor has great moveset potential. Many of this boss moves can make it in some form as his attacks... I posted these in the Magolor Thread though not much action there. I also would love a Villian rep. I know MK and Dedede are suppose too be "villains" but I just don't see them as villains.

I believe that Magolor will be from now on reoccurring in some form. I think, like Bandana Waddle Dee, he should be.
HOLY CRAP I WANT MAGOLOR NOW

I WANT HIM

SO

BAD

OH MY GOD

kirby_queen

Smash Lord

UGH

give me tips pls
Oh man those are two of the best powers ever. Ninja to me is not nerfed bad. Quad Shock is crazy goooooood. It's got a dash and projectiles. It is kind of tough to use in Kirby Fighters but SO AWESOME for boss fights.

Use those Kunai to rack up damage and dash before the opponent unleashes their attack. With Fighter stop an dash in progress with your Vulcan jab.

Last edited:

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
they should both be re-occuring
in the smash series. cause they'll both be playable in smash 4

I wish...

IronFish

Smash Ace
Hammer is a bit like Kirby Fighters Ike, so use him, and get in a hammer flip when I get the chance... Ike is my Brawl secondary.

Last edited:

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
WAIT SMOKE BOMB ACTUALLY DOES DAMAGE?

WHAT

Also, does Blossom Storm drag nearby opponents into it or something? Sometimes the Ninja CPU does it on me and I'm teleported right below them...

HOLY CRAP I WANT MAGOLOR NOW

I WANT HIM

SO

BAD

OH MY GOD
I think Blossom Storm sometimes does drag you in when you're in a certain range. As for Smoke Bomb, pretty sure it can do some damage.

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Oh man those are two of the best powers ever. Ninja to me is not nerfed bad. Quad Shock is crazy goooooood. It's got a dash and projectiles. It is kind of tough to use in Kirby Fighters but SO AWESOME for boss fights.

Use those Kunai to rack up damage and dash before the opponent unleashes their attack. With Fighter stop an dash in progress with your Vulcan jab.
Okay, thanks! My favorite powers for Kirby Fighters would have to be Archer and Parasol. With Archer, you can keep the space between you and your opponents really far, but still hit them. Magic-Star Arrow does tons of damage, and Leaping Quiver is great for racking up damage. While you're using Camoflauge, Hitman can be spammed so much it's insane. I beat Shadow Kirby by just spamming that move, haha. Parasol mainly because Parasol Drill into a wall, Parasol Twirl to knock them back and rack damage, then Parasol Swing for more knockback and back into Parasol Drill is OP.

D

Deleted member

UGH

give me tips pls
Cutter is easy for me. #BasedFinalCutter
Besides that, try facing opposite of the CPU if you have a big space (rarely) and throwing a cutter-rang and then jumping over it.

As for Ninja, blossom storm and the dash + b are good options for me.

And as for Spea-- :(

Banana Waffle Deed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sapsiper
3DS FC
1263-6961-7801
Guys someone in the Chorus Kids thread mentioned that the list of composers was edited and now states that those are only the people composing new tracks for the game. :)

I'm happy this isn't really hurting Bandana Dee's chances anymore.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Guys someone in the Chorus Kids thread mentioned that the list of composers was edited and now states that those are only the people composing new tracks for the game. :)

I'm happy this isn't really hurting Bandana Dee's chances anymore.
Composers don't hurt any characters chances, lol. The composers just have things they've worked on before, not what they're doing right now. If I am correct, Dark Souls and Kingdom Hearts composers were there, and I'm highly doubtful a character from either series would be arriving in Smash Bros.

Lord Goomy

Smash Apprentice
Composers don't hurt any characters chances, lol. The composers just have things they've worked on before, not what they're doing right now. If I am correct, Dark Souls and Kingdom Hearts composers were there, and I'm highly doubtful a character from either series would be arriving in Smash Bros.
But do you think that character's from a game based on rhythm and music would really be included if they didn't have tracks from that same game? I mean its possible but it really seems to hurt their chances.
Thank god it doesn't hurt Bandana Dee, though.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Theres a couple of things I want to say as quite a lot has happen.

Do I think Bandana Dee will be in this roster?

...Yes and no. I believe in the high probability of DLC. I think Bandana Dee is very high candidate for it. I do not think Bandana Dee will be in the original roster.

Even with the possibility of there being more characters then the leaked css, that doesn't stop the fact that the locked characters don't seem to point to Bandana Dee at all.

Let's talk about Shulk as well.

I love Shulk. Shulk is an awesome character from an awesome game. So why do I bring him up?

...Because aside from specials, Shulk took quite a bit away from Bandana Dee. The biggest being the use of a long-ranged melee weapon. His smash attacks would have even been perfect for Bandana Dee.

Thats not all. In Xenoblade, Shulk is considered a glass cannon...Which is what a lot of people wanted Bandana Dee to be. So we are at a bit of a problem where, unless we think of something, the only thing unique about Bandana Dee would be his specials.

I will say, Bandana Dee has become my most wanted newcomer don't misunderstand. I'm just merely pointing stuff out. I can guarantee you that one of these days, Bandana Dee will make it into Smash. Hal is just pushing him that hard. Bandana Dee will be getting into bigger and better roles as the games come by. King Dedede and Meta knight have had a hard mode. Soon Bandana Dee will have one as well most likely.

People will soon realize just how important Bandana Dee is. Mark my words. Bandana Dee is loved by both fans and the creators, so only good things should come. :3

Banana Waffle Deed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sapsiper
3DS FC
1263-6961-7801
Yeah, I did overestimate how critical it would be, though I feel like could at least affect Bandana Dee's chance by a touch. I think if they're borrowing tracks from different Kirby games other than the one's Sakurai made and changing Kirby's final smash to one based on KRTD, I think they would of talked about some of the newer games and maybe, just maybe, possibly talked about Bandana Dee at some point in time. Either way, I would like to see some music composed by Jun Ishikawa and Hirokazu Ando in the game.

It's great having even the smallest things that could hurt a character's chance deconfirmed because you never know how much of a chance they really have in Sakurai's mind.

Last edited:

CodeBlue_

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-2347-7011-5339
So...this Skype group. Anyone want to join it? If you guys are interested, I'll pm you my Skype and I can start up the group

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
So...this Skype group. Anyone want to join it? If you guys are interested, I'll pm you my Skype and I can start up the group
I would join, but I don't use Skype... for a number of reasons...

I may go and get it though, as being able to chat with you guys would be nice.

---
triple deluxe
PYRIBBOT IS SO ****ING ANNOYING OH MY GOD LIKE WOW

hes so cool though

Top Bottom