• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Hey guys, I know Tortilla normally talks about the merchandise, but just wanted to let you guys know that the thing I ordered has arrived. Here's a pic:
I would have posted earlier, but my internet crashed.
AIEE! :grin: It looks fantastic! Even better than the prototype placeholder images.

Mine hasn't gotten to me yet (I'm expecting it will by tomorrow or the next day, though), so can I just ask, is the image dyed into the fabric? The photograph is making it look like that, and if so, that's really cool.

EDIT;

Not that I'm defending Goku or anything, but R.O.B. technically appeared as a toy first and Roy hadn't even appeared in anything yet.
R.O.B. was a video game accessory who was specifically made to interact with and be a part of the games that were compatible with him, though - he's probably the first example of the toys-to-life category that's better-known for the likes of Skylanders and Amiibo, today. And, as Burruni Burruni notes, he's first-party.

As for Roy, didn't Melee release after his game in Japan, or am I mistaken? :laugh:

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Hey guys, I know Tortilla normally talks about the merchandise, but just wanted to let you guys know that the thing I ordered has arrived. Here's a pic:
I would have posted earlier, but my internet crashed.
We clearly need a cosplay Waddle Dee in future games. Clearly. A planet of costumed Dees, even. :laugh:

:231:

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
AIEE! :grin: It looks fantastic! Even better than the prototype placeholder images.

Mine hasn't gotten to me yet (I'm expecting it will by tomorrow or the next day, though), so can I just ask, is the image dyed into the fabric? The photograph is making it look like that, and if so, that's really cool.
I uh... don't know? It definitely doesn't feel like it protrudes outwards and it doesn't feel stuck on. Also, here's something you would like, a New 3DS XL fits in pretty much exactly horizontally with enough space to tighten the bag easily. I will admit I thought it was one that you carry with the straps going over each shoulder, so it's smaller than I anticipated.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
We clearly need a cosplay Waddle Dee in future games. Clearly. A planet of costumed Dees, even. :laugh:

:231:
They missed a trick in not making plush versions of these animal-hat Waddle Dees for the event that these bags came from! :c

I uh... don't know? It definitely doesn't feel like it protrudes outwards and it doesn't feel stuck on.
Ooh, brilliant, thanks. :grin:

Also, here's something you would like, a New 3DS XL fits in pretty much exactly horizontally with enough space to tighten the bag easily. I will admit I thought it was one that you carry with the straps going over each shoulder, so it's smaller than I anticipated.
Hah, nice! I already know what to expect of the size, really - I keep a tape-measure on my desk (it has a penguin on the front, not surprisingly) for checking the listed dimensions of things like this when I'm ordering items online. :laugh:

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Furret24 Furret24 - You don't see those guys all that often anymore*. :( They were seen as the most iconic Kirby "enemies" alongside Waddle Dees and Waddle Doos, at one point...

*Funnily enough, though, their most recent appearance was at the Kirby's Dream Land Picnic event that the animal-hat Waddle Dees were also used for. It was good to see them again. :laugh:

Furret24

Smash Master
Furret24 Furret24 - You don't see those guys all that often anymore*. :( They were seen as the most iconic Kirby "enemies" alongside Waddle Dees and Waddle Doos, at one point...

*Funnily enough, though, their most recent appearance was at the Kirby's Dream Land Picnic event that the animal-hat Waddle Dees were also used for. It was good to see them again. :laugh:
Shame. They've always been one of my personal favorite enemies. I still remember doing boss runs in Super Star Ultra with him.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl

Weren't they only prominent in Kirby's Adventure and Super Star, where variations of them existed that didn't actually throw bombs? They also has a mini-boss, it seems. Super Star usually takes place where Kirby's Adventure did, if not a little bit further away, so they're probably just inhabitants of that area.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Weren't they only prominent in Kirby's Adventure and Super Star, where variations of them existed that didn't actually throw bombs? They also has a mini-boss, it seems. Super Star usually takes place where Kirby's Adventure did, if not a little bit further away, so they're probably just inhabitants of that area.
You know what's funny? Back in the day, I think there used to be a description that Poppy Sr. was Poppy Jr.'s OLDER BROTHER. I forget where I saw it, but I've personally accepted it as fact. Also, it's kind of cute to imagine that being the case. Matter of fact Poppy Jr. and Poppy Sr. are some of my favorite enemies in Kirby, and I really hope that one day, they get the treatment Bandana Dee got. (Being promoted from one-shot/canon fodder to VERY important character to the series.)

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
and I really hope that one day, they get the treatment Bandana Dee got. (Being promoted from one-shot/canon fodder to VERY important character to the series.)
Sadly, with how the Bomb ability was redesigned in Kirby Triple Deluxe so as to remove the Poppy Bros.-style hat (it's a weird party hat sort of thing, now), I can't imagine this being likely. :c

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
That redesign, I'm pretty sure, was to make the Bomb Hat more appealing to girls. I think it was said in an interview for Triple Deluxe. Also, it just makes it a bit more unique compared to Sword Kirby.

However, Poppy Bros. Jr doesn't even have simple things like walking animations anymore. He just jumps and throws bombs.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
That redesign, I'm pretty sure, was to make the Bomb Hat more appealing to girls. I think it was said in an interview for Triple Deluxe.
Seriously? Well, I've got to say, it failed to have that effect on me. My only reaction was "Why the hell did they change it?!". :laugh:

Also, it just makes it a bit more unique compared to Sword Kirby.
This I can understand. It's just that they changed it after such a long time, which is probably what I don't like about it...

However, Poppy Bros. Jr doesn't even have simple things like walking animations anymore. He just jumps and throws bombs.
Meh, I say. Meh!

A little off-topic, but does anyone else want Clean ability to return?

I really liked it in Dream Land 3, and it's a shame that it hasn't been used since.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
A little off-topic, but does anyone else want Clean ability to return?

I really liked it in Dream Land 3, and it's a shame that it hasn't been used since.
I'd lie to see it back. Heck, I was REALLY hoping it would be kept for RtD, considering it was in the GCN prototype version, though that was probably the Clean ability being influenced by the anime, if anything. (The GCN version's development and the end of the anime weren't too far apart from each other, so it may explain the reason as to why Clean Kirby was going to appear in the game at all.)

I'd lie to see it back. Heck, I was REALLY hoping it would be kept for RtD, considering it was in the GCN prototype version, though that was probably the Clean ability being influenced by the anime, if anything. (The GCN version's development and the end of the anime weren't too far apart from each other, so it may explain the reason as to why Clean Kirby was going to appear in the game at all.)
Oh, I didn't know that it was going to be used in GCN game. Hopefully it'll return in next Kirby game, although I doubt it.

(That typo :laugh:)

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
That redesign, I'm pretty sure, was to make the Bomb Hat more appealing to girls. I think it was said in an interview for Triple Deluxe. Also, it just makes it a bit more unique compared to Sword Kirby.

Slightly off there. The redesign actually comes from the alternate secret hat for the Bomb ability from Kirby fighters, which uses a pink heart motif.

To be honest, I think the new hat might have been a holdover from the cancelled GameCube title. Poppy Bros. made no appearance, and was replaced by a miniature clown on top of an enemy-sized ball. With no Poppy Bros. to have a blue cap, the party hat was made as a replacement.

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
Now I want a Kirby basketball game. Think about it, the Pop Star Puffballs, the Halberd Knights, the Dedede Dededestroyers, the Halcandra WhateverMagoloriss.
If you have an orange Kirby, how will you know whether it's a basketball or not. I imagine the Puffballs being Kirbys, the Knights being Meta-Knights, Dededestroyers being Waddle Dees and/or Doos, and the Halcandran team being enemies exclusively appearing in Halcandra, like this guy:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
If you have an orange Kirby, how will you know whether it's a basketball or not. I imagine the Puffballs being Kirbys, the Knights being Meta-Knights, Dededestroyers being Waddle Dees and/or Doos, and the Halcandran team being enemies exclusively appearing in Halcandra, like this guy:
I don't think there's been an orange Kirby in the series yet. The Puffballs' options are rather limited, but Kirby, red Kirby, yellow Kirby, green Kirby, and Keeby are more than enough. The Knights could be slightly more diverse, with Meta Knight, Sword Knight and Blade Knight, Sailor Waddle Dee, and the rest of the Meta-Knights. The Dededestroyers would have King Dedede, Bandanna Dee, and other members of the Waddle Dee Army. You could go on for hours, what with how many characters Kirby has. And don't even get me started on the courses. Tell me you wouldn't want to play ball inside a gigantic overkill battleship?

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
I don't think there's been an orange Kirby in the series yet. The Puffballs' options are rather limited, but Kirby, red Kirby, yellow Kirby, green Kirby, and Keeby are more than enough. The Knights could be slightly more diverse, with Meta Knight, Sword Knight and Blade Knight, Sailor Waddle Dee, and the rest of the Meta-Knights. The Dededestroyers would have King Dedede, Bandanna Dee, and other members of the Waddle Dee Army. You could go on for hours, what with how many characters Kirby has. And don't even get me started on the courses. Tell me you wouldn't want to play ball inside a gigantic overkill battleship?
Well, there is the Orange spray paint in Mirror, but that isn't natural orange. The courses would vary wildly, but I bet people would call clones of those other basketball games due to being a basketball game, although to be fair, how much variety is there in basketball, or any sport for that matter?

Burruni

Smash Hero
The spraypaints in Amazing Mirror and Squeak Squad alongside it being one of the options in Airride iirc

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Well, there is the Orange spray paint in Mirror, but that isn't natural orange. The courses would vary wildly, but I bet people would call clones of those other basketball games due to being a basketball game, although to be fair, how much variety is there in basketball, or any sport for that matter?
If that argument held any water EA would've long since went out of business.
The spraypaints in Amazing Mirror and Squeak Squad alongside it being one of the options in Airride iirc
Naturally orange. As in actual orange Kirby. Not Kirby, the character, just orange, but member of the species that is orange.

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
If that argument held any water EA would've long since went out of business.

Naturally orange. As in actual orange Kirby. Not Kirby, the character, just orange, but member of the species that is orange.
Now that I think about it, who else thinks Air Ride would have been received better if it wasn't released when it was? Also, I'm not saying the argument does hold water, but I feel people would say that. But if any series was to get the sports treatment, it would be Mario due to it already existing in the form of Mario Strikers or something like that.

Man, this post was all over the place.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Tell me you wouldn't want to play ball inside a gigantic overkill battleship?
You'd have to be really careful not to break any windows or anything, though, or else the massive overkill battleship's overkill owner might very well flip out at you. :laugh:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Now that I think about it, who else thinks Air Ride would have been received better if it wasn't released when it was? Also, I'm not saying the argument does hold water, but I feel people would say that. But if any series was to get the sports treatment, it would be Mario due to it already existing in the form of Mario Strikers or something like that.

Man, this post was all over the place.
Mario already got a basketball game. And wrap your head around this, it was a crossover with Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest.

GET DEDEDUNKED, NERD
That totally looks like something Dedede would do.
You'd have to be really careful not to break any windows or anything, though, or else the massive overkill battleship's overkill owner might very well flip out at you. :laugh:
I don't think Meta Knight's that temperamental. But still, considering the ship's armed with bombs, a cannon, and a claw, yes, caution is advised.

Last edited:
Top Bottom