• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I didn't know this, Smash Kirby is in the Kirby's 20th Anniversary game, Bandana Dee appears in the intro of that game.
BANDANA DEE CONFIRMED!

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
So guys,if Boss Battles returns ,what Kirby boss do you prefer?
A Classic one like Whispy Woods,Kracko or Heavy Lobster?
Or a Final Boss like Galacta-knight,Marx,Nightmare,Dark Matter or Magolor?
I will like to see Kracko,I always liked it.
Whispy Woods could be neat I guess.

Kracko has always been a favorite of mine. I was hoping he'd be in Return to Dreamland.

But Heavy Lobster is truly awesome, I'd love to see it make a comeback.

I'd love it if Dark Matter returned.

I like Marx too.

If Kirby's Dream Collection is anything to go by, Magolor has redeemed himself, but he'd still be fun to fight in Smash.

Overall I'd rather fight Kracko, Heavy Lobster or Marx as a boss in Smash among the others.

L∈O

Smash Journeyman
I think Bandana Waddle Dee would be an interesting inclusion...

Well, the Kirby series gained two newcomers in Brawl, so it doesn't really need of another representative for now, but one more does no harm to anyone right?

So if he appears, we only have reasons to celebrate... :bluejump:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I think Bandana Waddle Dee would be an interesting inclusion...
Well, the Kirby series gained two newcomers in Brawl, so it doesn't really need of another representative for now, but one more does no harm to anyone right?
So if he appears, we only have reasons to celebrate... :bluejump:
:D
Thank you for your support!

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
oh crap guys I just realized something, if king dedede is revealed and is shown using the waddle dee throw and one of the waddle dee's is bandana dee (or a waddle dee wearing a bandana) that'll destroy his chances,
but yet on the other hand, if king dedede is shown without using the waddle dee throw, that could increase his chances, because the thing that could hold him back is being withheld!

D

Deleted member

oh crap guys I just realized something, if king dedede is revealed and is shown using the waddle dee throw and one of the waddle dee's is bandana dee (or a waddle dee wearing a bandana) that'll destroy his chances,
but yet on the other hand, if king dedede is shown without using the waddle dee throw, that could increase his chances, because the thing that could hold him back is being withheld!
I fear this as much as people feared Toad retaining his role as Peach's neutral special.

The major thing with Bandana Dee here is that if he is a part of King Dedede's side special, he will always remain that way. So, I am honestly frightened.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Well,if Dedede throws Bandana Dee,yes,he is...decon...fir...med...:cry:
But if he throws normal Waddle Dees,that means nothing,c'mon Bandana Dee can destroy normal Waddle Dees in Kirby's Return to Dreamland.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
and what's even more freighting is that king dedede has a good chance to appear at anytime.
lets pray and hope that we don't end up like those poor toad fans . . . . . those poor toad fans . . . .

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Well,if Dedede throws Bandana Dee,yes,he is...decon...fir...med...:cry:
But if he throws normal Waddle Dees,that means nothing,c'mon Bandana Dee can destroy normal Waddle Dees in Kirby's Return to Dreamland.
ya that is my point, but it could come up at any time, so . . . . . lets be cafeful

D

Deleted member

and what's even more freighting is that king dedede has a good chance to appear at anytime.
lets pray and hope that we don't end up like those poor toad fans . . . . . those poor toad fans . . . .
King Dedede is going to be in the game; no doubt about that. (and if he isn't, then someone must have been really drunk to consider that a good idea)

But yes, it all depends on King Dedede's side special move. Hopefully Sakurai and his team did as much research as the people here on SmashBoards did as to what the Japanese and West want. I mean, Bandana Dee has to come up somewhere in his research.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
King Dedede is going to be in the game; no doubt about that. (and if he isn't, then someone must have been really drunk to consider that a good idea)

But yes, it all depends on King Dedede's side special move. Hopefully Sakurai and his team did as much research as the people here on SmashBoards did as to what the Japanese and West want. I mean, Bandana Dee has to come up somewhere in his research.
he has to, bandana Dee is actually a very surprising wanted character (not among the levels of ridley, mewtwo, k. rool, little mac, or Palutena, but he is still up in want)

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Peach Throws a Generic Toad.
King Dedede will likely just throw a generic Waddle Dee, Waddle Doo and Gordo.

Sakurai does know about the existence of Bandana Dee, and his abilites as a recurring character.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Peach Throws a Generic Toad.
King Dedede will likely just throw a generic Waddle Dee, Waddle Doo and Gordo.

Sakurai does know about the existence of Bandana Dee, and his abilites as a recurring character.
still ya never know, so lets hope that is the case . . . . .god so this is how it feels to be a toad fan

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
still ya never know, so lets hope that is the case . . . . .god so this is how it feels to be a toad fan
I'm rather sticking with optimism and just thinking of previous evidence.

D

Deleted member

C'mon guys! HOPE HOPE HOPE!!!
I'm gonna be optimistic and hope for Bandana Dee to be confirmed! Besides, Sakurai does recognize Bandana Dee as his own character (I think). He'll always be one of my most wanted newcomers! :)

Morbi

Scavenger
#BandTogetherforBandannaDee

In all seriousness, I think his chances are higher than we give him credit for; sadly, part of that entails that he may become an assist trophy.

Jubileus57

Smash Ace
I'm all for him being in Smash. He is one of the four only newcomers I really want, after all. And he's got plenty of moveset potential thanks to Return to Dreamland. And he's just plain adorable.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I'm all for him being in Smash. He is one of the four only newcomers I really want, after all. And he's got plenty of moveset potential thanks to Return to Dreamland. And he's just plain adorable.
Thank you for your support, Jubileus57! :D

Last edited:

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Don't you guys see...
Waddle Dee IS Toad. :cry:
there's only one slight difference,
toad is deconfirmed (or so low of a chance that it doesn't even bother) waddle dee isn't, but that is also the reason why king dedede's reveal is very important, we'll know the truth when he comes

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Don't you guys see...
Waddle Dee IS Toad. :cry:
Don't say that, that's not true.
First, Bandana Dee has moveset potential and second, Bandana Dee is unique, but Toad...not so much, there is a LOT of Toads, blue Toads, red Toads, etc.
We need to wait for Dedede's reveal.

Last edited:

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Don't say that,that's not true.
First,Bandana Dee has moveset potential and second,Bandana Dee is unique,but Toad...no,there is a LOT of Toads,blue Toads,red Toads,etc.
We need to wait for Dedede's reveal.
Bandana dee: ah toad, we had a good run together, we were going to make it to the end buddy, . . . . but then peach used ya . . . . and sakurai finished the job, i'm sorry friend . . . i'll go on ahead buddy . . . see ya in smash . . . . . . . friend . . .
___________________________________________________________________________________
just in case chandelure, you may want to leave a tombstone for bandana dee, after the reveal . . . . . . . things could get ugly for him:crying:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
god so this is how it feels to be a toad fan
Yeah. Not nice is it? :p

But hey, at least it's interesting and gives you stuff to speculate on! Sometimes I wonder what other support threads talk about after discussing movesets:
"Think Little Mac will be in?"
"Yes."
"Good."

Bandanna Dee hasn't been a part of Dedede's moveset before though so there is that in his favour. If Dedede tosses out a Bandanna Dee or his Final Smash is revealed to have Bandanna Dee...eesh.

But Bandanna Dee has two other major things over my main man Toad; he's far higher requested in Japan for Smash and has no competition for his series. I mean Gooey and Knuckle Joe are unlikely choices at best.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
just in case chandelure, you may want to leave a tombstone for bandana dee, after the reveal . . . . . . . things could get ugly for him:crying:
C'mon guys.
We need to be like Ridley fans with the Pyrosphere thing.
For us, Bandana Dee is confirmed until his possible deconfirmation.

Last edited:

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Yeah. Not nice is it? :p

But hey, at least it's interesting and gives you stuff to speculate on! Sometimes I wonder what other support threads talk about after discussing movesets:
"Think Little Mac will be in?"
"Yes."
"Good."

Bandanna Dee hasn't been a part of Dedede's moveset before though so there is that in his favour. If Dedede tosses out a Bandanna Dee or his Final Smash is revealed to have Bandanna Dee...eesh.

But Bandanna Dee has two other major things over my main man Toad; he's far higher requested in Japan for Smash and has no competition for his series. I mean Gooey and Knuckle Joe are unlikely choices at best.
ya, now I feel sorry for ya guys,
well anyway if he does end up part of dedede's moveset, he's just going to end up in a tombstone right next to your man toad there mate,
but like you said, he has a greater popularity, along with no competition, these obviously help, but they are lackluster if all sakurai sees is an undeserving waddle dee, which is the reason why I keep saying that all we can do is hope that king dedede doesn't ruin bandana dee's chances

D

Deleted member

I should mention that Toad is one of the most popular characters in Japan. However, both his Western and Japanese fans have been very pessimistic about Toad still being Peach's Neutral Special, so he doesn't have many requests. If such pessimism didn't exist, then I think that Toad would have a much better chance than Bowser Jr., Rosalina, or other Mario characters and be at the same level as Little Mac and King K. Rool.

Why does this relate to Bandana Dee? He is on par with Little Mac and King K. Rool. Not on the same level as them, but rather close. If Bandana Dee is going to be a part of King Dedede's side special much like Toad is Peach's neutral special, then I consider all of his chances to be obliterated for every Smash game as there will be pessimism by both Western and Japanese fans to really even request him.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Why does this relate to Bandana Dee? He is on par with Little Mac and King K. Rool. Not on the same level as them, but rather close. If Bandana Dee is going to be a part of King Dedede's side special much like Toad is Peach's neutral special, then I consider all of his chances to be obliterated for every Smash game as there will be pessimism by both Western and Japanese fans to really even request him.
That's quite an interesting take actually, and yes I'm afraid to say it would potentially doom him. I say potentially because Charizard managed to escape Pokeball status eventually.
Although unlikely, even if the worst happens it may not be forever should we get future Smash games providing we don't have the same self fulfilling prophecy; people are too pessimistic about Bandanna Dee's chances that they don't put him forward as a newcomer in future.

That would be a real shame to see the potential of Bandanna Dee go to waste like that.

(Hmm...if Palutena is a part of Pit's Final Smash again do you think likewise she's doomed too?)

Still, I have every faith in Sakurai to not overlook Bandanna Dee, modesty be damned. If Bandanna Dee is wanted, Sakurai should merely take it as a compliment to his series and give the spear user the go ahead.

D

Deleted member

That's quite an interesting take actually, and yes I'm afraid to say it would potentially doom him. I say potentially because Charizard managed to escape Pokeball status eventually.
Although unlikely, even if the worst happens it may not be forever should we get future Smash games providing we don't have the same self fulfilling prophecy; people are too pessimistic about Bandanna Dee's chances that they don't put him forward as a newcomer in future.

That would be a real shame to see the potential of Bandanna Dee go to waste like that.

(Hmm...if Palutena is a part of Pit's Final Smash again do you think likewise she's doomed too?)

Still, I have every faith in Sakurai to not overlook Bandanna Dee, modesty be damned. If Bandanna Dee is wanted, Sakurai should merely take it as a compliment to his series and give the spear user the go ahead.

That's a good way of putting it.
I'm also hoping that this self fulfilling prophecy won't affect Bandana Dee in the future. Bandana Dee has so much potential to be a very fun character and Sakurai shouldn't (literally) throw it away for King Dedede's side special move.

I'm not gonna rule out Palutena just yet until I see Pit's new Final Smash. In her defense, it can be changed to reflect Pit's appearance in Kid Icarus: Uprising.
[COLLAPSE=Kid Icarus: Uprising spoiler]
Like the Great Sacred Treasure.

[/COLLAPSE]
Therefore, Palutena can be a playable character. (I personally doubt she will be playable, but we'll have to wait and see)

Playing Brawl with Meta Knight and King Dedede and then play Melee with only just Kirby, it makes me mad that his modesty has gotten in the way for these fun characters to not be playable in Smash until 2008. I mean, Kirby's 20th Anniversary was just celebrated; that alone can justify having a fourth playable character. Sakurai shouldn't feel modest and say "I don't want to overrepresent myself" when his series is already big enough as it is and is honored by the gaming community and Nintendo.
Bandana Dee may be a dark horse character, but he should ride that dark horse to victory and earn himself a spot on the roster.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Playing Brawl with Meta Knight and King Dedede and then play Melee with only just Kirby, it makes me mad that his modesty has gotten in the way for these fun characters to not be playable in Smash until 2008. I mean, Kirby's 20th Anniversary was just celebrated; that alone can justify having a fourth playable character. Sakurai shouldn't feel modest and say "I don't want to overrepresent myself" when his series is already big enough as it is and is honored by the gaming community and Nintendo.
Bandana Dee may be a dark horse character, but he should ride that dark horse to victory and earn himself a spot on the roster.
It's especially ridiculous regarding King Dedede. Planned for Smash 64, AND Melee before finally getting in Brawl.

Having added Metaknight and King Dedede in Brawl, I'm hoping he's learnt his lesson especially since people actually quite like the Kirby series and it's many colourful characters. Bandanna Dee is one of the few characters I see very few people outright objecting against even if they're not a supporter. Very few characters can claim to have that. Heck, even some of Brawl's roster don't have that!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'll just ask it here, since I've been looking for this video forever.

There's a video of Kirby fighting the endboss of Returns to Dreamland, but it's voiced over in an EXTREMELY DRAMATIC way. Not voiced over by people, but I think it was an actual part of a movie, or something... It just fitted so damn well! It was just purely beautiful, and I would love to see this clip again.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I'll just ask it here, since I've been looking for this video forever.

There's a video of Kirby fighting the endboss of Returns to Dreamland, but it's voiced over in an EXTREMELY DRAMATIC way. Not voiced over by people, but I think it was an actual part of a movie, or something... It just fitted so damn well! It was just purely beautiful, and I would love to see this clip again.
Sorry, I don't know. XD
The name of the boss is Magolor, maybe that can be useful for your search XD

Last edited:

Pokeking

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Magolor or Bandana Dee? It's a toughie for me because I would like both, but I'm going to go with Bandana Dee as he has appeared in more games, more likely to appear in additional Kirby games, and has more of an established moveset.

However, I have to realize that his chances are quite low. If a Kirby character had been added in Melee, and another in Brawl, Bandana Dee might have had a stronger chance.

His Final Smash could be called Spear Barrage and be like Triple Throw, but Bandana Dee throws out dozens of spears in a low arc.

Top Bottom