• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Honestly, option A sounds MUCH more hype worthy to me.
You think so? Some people are masochist and like to be tortured and kept in suspense, so they might like option B. Some might not want all the characters announced at once. Granted, I'm not one of those people, I just want it over with so I can celebrate (or pout), but I can definitely understand why some might like B over A.
I've found some solace in all of this. If somehow, not one of my wanted newcomers makes it, I'll at least have enough money left to buy SMM and keep hunting down that damn Jigglypuff Amiibo.

Last edited:

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
So Smashified replied to my tweet about the Dee. Seems like nothing special, but hey, it's better than not having them reply at all.

For some reason, I don't care if the Ballot's ending. I just really want to see him Smashified.

Attachments

Haydossy

Smash Journeyman
I voted for him! Here's what I wrote!

Bandana Dee would be a great addition to the Smash roster for multiple reasons. He is very relevant to the Kirby series, having important roles in Return to Dream Land, Triple Deluxe and Rainbow Curse. He is also the only playable character from Return to Dream Land not to be playable in Smash. Kirby did not get any new playable characters in Smash 4, either. Bandada Dee would also be unique, as he would wield a spear, new to Smash. His moveset could also be almost entirely lifted from his attacks in Return to Dream Land. His spearcopter would be a very unique chargeable up-special. Thank you!

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Just one day left. It's been a long, crazy journey.

I'm hoping for Wolf, K. Rool, Bandana Dee, and practically anyone else after them. Preferably Krystal or Shantae. I wouldn't mind Shovel Knight if at least K. Rool gets in. Honestly if K. Rool gets in I'm gravy with anyone else they add.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
There are 6 stage slots, he corrected himself later

And yeah, there are more than 2 characters left! Now we will have at least 3!

Last edited:

BlueZard

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tangerine1234
Well, guys... It's almost over. I know so many people have pointed this out already, multiple times, but it's true!

Anyway... Even if we don't succeed here, I won't have any regrets in choosing Bandana Dee as my most-desired character. You guys are all really cool people, and even if you sometimes don't get along with one another, I still have mostly fond memories of reading the posts here.

I remember looking through the character threads after the ballot had first started, trying to figure out who I should vote for. And when I saw the Bandana Dee thread, I remembered my love for the character, and how I was quite a bit disappointed that he wasn't already on the roster. This, combined with his decent popularity, helped me realize that this character was the one for me. I felt he had a chance.

And I still do! I'm really hoping for the best here, and if he makes it in, I'm gonna be really proud. Proud of myself, and of everyone else who voted for him.

We worked together to make this possible.

Please remember that.

Thank you.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Well, guys... It's almost over. I know so many people have pointed this out already, multiple times, but it's true!

Anyway... Even if we don't succeed here, I won't have any regrets in choosing Bandana Dee as my most-desired character. You guys are all really cool people, and even if you sometimes don't get along with one another, I still have mostly fond memories of reading the posts here.

I remember looking through the character threads after the ballot had first started, trying to figure out who I should vote for. And when I saw the Bandana Dee thread, I remembered my love for the character, and how I was quite a bit disappointed that he wasn't already on the roster. This, combined with his decent popularity, helped me realize that this character was the one for me. I felt he had a chance.

And I still do! I'm really hoping for the best here, and if he makes it in, I'm gonna be really proud. Proud of myself, and of everyone else who voted for him.

We worked together to make this possible.

Please remember that.

Thank you.
Beautiful post.

Haydossy

Smash Journeyman
There are 6 stage slots, he corrected himself later

And yeah, there are more than 2 characters left! Now we will have at least 3!
If it's only 3, I'll be really sad. I hope there's 5. 6 is a loooooooooong stretch.

I have a confession to make. I also voted for Bomberman.

And Ice Climbers

And Vaati

And Takamaru

And Prince Sable

And Prince Richard

And Chibi Robo

And Magolor

I'm sorry

Last edited:
If it's only 3, I'll be really sad. I hope there's 5. 6 is a loooooooooong stretch.

I have a confession to make. I also voted for Bomberman.

And Ice Climbers

And Vaati

And Takamaru

And Prince Sable

And Prince Richard

And Chibi Robo

And Magolor

I'm sorry
You've doomed us all! But the Prince Richard mains will thank you later.

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110

I dunno. I think three is fair. Originally, we were only supposed to get Mewtwo. Imagine that...

Seven DLC characters and one DeeLC characters overall I think is more than fair, not even counting all the stages we got, and balance patches, and Mii costumes. We got a whooooole lot.

--

Also, I know I haven't been around, nor was I even that active when I was 'around,' I'm also very happy to have supported BWD, and I remain confident in his chances. I believe in you, Bandana Waddle Dee!

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
I'll be honest guys. I never voted for Bandana Dee in the ballot.

In terms of wanted, Wolf is highest,Boggy B. is lowest. Bandana Dee is between Rayman and Young Link.
I ran out of devices...
Bandana Dee was next, I swear!

Last edited:

Furret24

Smash Master
We're only halfway through and this is probably one of the best pages we've ever had on this thread.

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
Did you all see ETIKA'S video about being stranded due to his plane fight and seeing ghosts? It's kind of weird.
Weird inDEEd.

But hey 3MORE CHARACTERS

Furret24

Smash Master
Did you all see ETIKA'S video about being stranded due to his plane fight and seeing ghosts? It's kind of weird.
Weird inDEEd.

But hey 3MORE CHARACTERS
Meh, Erika said Steve "could work" as a Smash character. He's plenty weird already.

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
If there is three more characters, here's what I think: Wolf, K.Rool, BDee.
I think Sakurai considers Japanese popularity first, then widens his scope to see if the character would be known worldwide (see Takamaru and how Sakurai considered him for Smash). Wolf and K.Rool are wanted worldwide. Same with Bandana/Waddle Dee but to a lesser extent. That's what leads me to believe the Japanese front runners will appear before the western ones. The worldwide ones will go in first, then it will be between the western and Japanese ones. Onto the western frontrunners.

Isaac is popular in the west, not as much in Japan. Same with Shovel, but even less so in Japan. I can't comment on Shantae as I don't know Japanese popularity. Wolf and K.Rool I have been over. Same with Bandana/Waddle Dee.

Furret24

Smash Master
I find it kinda funny how we're likely getting three characters, and there's three characters I really want in Smash.

Bandana Dee
Rayman
Pichu

Wouldn't that be nice?

If there is three more characters, here's what I think: Wolf, K.Rool, BDee.
I think Sakurai considers Japanese popularity first, then widens his scope to see if the character would be known worldwide (see Takamaru and how Sakurai considered him for Smash). Wolf and K.Rool are wanted worldwide. Same with Bandana/Waddle Dee but to a lesser extent. That's what leads me to believe the Japanese front runners will appear before the western ones. The worldwide ones will go in first, then it will be between the western and Japanese ones. Onto the western frontrunners.

Isaac is popular in the west, not as much in Japan. Same with Shovel, but even less so in Japan. I can't comment on Shantae as I don't know Japanese popularity. Wolf and K.Rool I have been over. Same with Bandana/Waddle Dee.
I really hope that your prediction is right.

Doctor_Link

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Plat002
3DS FC
0259-0882-5580
we should get on the PM boards and get them to want bandana dee for PM so we have sommething to fall back on if the impossible happens.

BoxedOccaBerrys

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BoXeDOccaBerrys
What things should be on B-Dee's moveset? i would like his recovery to be the spearcopter, and his neutral-b to be something like him throwing spears, a projectile of sorts, his side-b being a running charge with his spear, similar to Pac-Man's set length for his pac-pellet, it would have a good amount of cool down, since he has to skid his tiny feet along the ground, and his down b, im not really sure. his aerials may look similar or MUCH different to this: his neutral air will be him doing a quick spear poke on both sides on him, his forward air would be him hitting with the end of the spear very quickly, then turning it around for a more knockback hit. his back-air basically being kirby's, his down air being his twirling on his spear in midair, similar to kirby's spiking power, and his up air being a 4-5 hit move similar to his spearcopter.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Guys it mean the only 2 more rumor is dead.

And its also comfirmed that they're could be more than 3 in the future (they can add slots anytime in the next update.)

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
Rayman, Bandana Dee, Wolf and Ice Climbers.

ICE CLIMBERS COME BACK. YO DADDY NEEDS YA. I WANT MEH BABIES

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
*huffs*

Unless the posted september 7th part is a fraud

This is looking bad for us

https://data.archive.moe/board/v/image/1443/78/1443782304341.png

Good news its from 4chan and stuff they got right still ending up fake in the future. (Only a couple got threw as true.)
I was just about to say it shouldn't be belived, but you beat me to the chase. Yeah, the fact that there was no mention of Duck Hunt 3DS and the fact that Bomberman was replacing Snake blew it for me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom