• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Burruni

Smash Hero
Comrades, one final post before the ballot closes.

Thank you all for your efforts, the good times, the laughs, and the endurance to push as hard as we have. We stand tall, as one of the most likely candidates for the upcoming months to join the battlefield.

Let us not be arrogant, but let us also be proud. We have made it to the end of our path, all we can do now is see what will come of our efforts. I know this is smaller than most of my "major" posts, but there's little more to be said. Not out of awkwardness, but of a shared knowledge and hope.

Bandana Brigade, Cheers.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I was just about to say it shouldn't be belived, but you beat me to the chase. Yeah, the fact that there was no mention of Duck Hunt 3DS and the fact that Bomberman was replacing Snake blew it for me.
BOMBerman BLEW it for you, huh?
I'm still a firm believer that we're going to get Wolf, Isaac, Bandanna Dee, and one other. Could be K. Rool or a surprise character.

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
Not just the pirate ship

The same thing goes for wolf and king k rool and believe it or not shovel knight.
In what world is Shovel Knight popular enough to be in Smash? He's not a gaming icon, he's an indie character that's been in one gaming that has not following in Japan (Which kills his chances, in my opinion).

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
So I think that this may be the DLC:

Wolf (Veteran)
Bandana Dee (First-Party Newcomer)
Shovel Knight (Third-Party Newcomer)

And most likelya fourth character. And most likely a Second-Party Newcomer. Maybe Issac, or Chibi-Robo?
Yea that is very possible

The only big problem is the king.

I mean you know, i know, and a lot of people here knows k.rool has more votes than dee

But just to point this out another factor involved as well

Wolf (veteran + world requested)

King k rool (world requested)

Bandana dee (eastern most request, aka japan most requested)

Shovel knight (3rd party + west most requested, aka USA most requested)

The king and wolf are higher from requested on both sides of the world the most)

The shovel knight is more requested in the western side of the world

And bandana dee is more requested on the eastern side of the world

Oh Yoshister Yoshister this is why i feel like they are going to pick shovel knight, i think they will pick a character more requested in the west than the east and also atleast 1 third party from it too.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Yea that is very possible

The only big problem is the king.

I mean you know, i know, and a lot of people here knows k.rool has more votes than dee

But just to point this out another factor involved as well

Wolf (veteran + world requested)

King k rool (world requested)

Bandana dee (eastern most request, aka japan most requested)

Shovel knight (3rd party + west most requested, aka USA most requested)

The king and wolf are higher from requested on both sides of the world the most)

The shovel knight is more requested in the western side of the world

And bandana dee is more requested on the eastern side of the world

Oh Yoshister Yoshister this is why i feel like they are going to pick shovel knight, i think they will pick a character more requested in the west than the east and also atleast 1 third party from it too.
Remember, it's not a poll, it's a suggestion box with popularity factored in. ;)

It's sad that everyone already plans to leave when this is over.
Indeed. Though I'm personally not sure will I stick around for long after DLC is over, depends if there's any deescussion that interests me and if many familiar members (mostly Kutthroats and Bandana Brigadeers) disappear.

Last edited:

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
Indeed. Though I'm personally not sure will I stick around for long after DLC is over, depends if there's any deescussion that interests me and if many familiar members (mostly Kutthroats and Bandana Brigadeers) disappear.
I won't disappear.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
:3 This looks nice! Great job, I love how happy they look. xD
Thanks very much! :grin: I was really happy with that, myself - I have great fun with character expressions.

It's sad that everyone already plans to leave when this is over.
Hey, who said I was leaving?! ;) I'm not going anywhere. I requested an invite to the Kirby social forum from Chandeelure Chandeelure , and everything!

Do you know what would be extremely awesome?
Bandana Dee having Dedede's crouch animation.
Imagine the double crouch in team battles.

But yeah, Bandana Dee needs to be in the game first.
Oh man, that'd be both hilarious and adorable. :laugh: I might have to try to draw that, at some point, if no-one else beats me to it.
Is that even possible? Can anyone but D3 handle that much power? I mean, his crouch is more OP than 16 Brawl Meta Knight's with the ability to Shine and Wobble. I'd love to see it though.
I'm not sorry! :laugh:

Last edited:

D-Man9293

Smash Ace
Why does everyone act like the ballot ending means we'll never post again? I'm sure that none of us are just going to bail on SmashBoards just because a ballot box closes.

Besides, it seems that you're acting like BD won't come to Smash, because as we all know, if he makes it in, there'll likely be a social forum that we can all join!Basically it could be the same as it already is, but without speculation on whether or not Bandana Dee will come to Smash.

CodeBlue_

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-2347-7011-5339
Why does everyone act like the ballot ending means we'll never post again? I'm sure that none of us are just going to bail on SmashBoards just because a ballot box closes.

Besides, it seems that you're acting like BD won't come to Smash, because as we all know, if he makes it in, there'll likely be a social forum that we can all join!Basically it could be the same as it already is, but without speculation on whether or not Bandana Dee will come to Smash.
The question is though, who will actually post in dee social forum?

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Whoopdee doo. I so LOVE finding out about unreleased DLC pre-release! (sarcasm)

*continues to wonder why you don't think King K Rool will be added but you DO think Chibi Robo will*

EDIT to say that I voted for Bandana Dee. This was my last vote, so I made it sound professional.
Ironic, I thought you were a Chibi-Robo supporter. :p

Furret24

Smash Master
If I end up maining him, you'll find me there frequently.
The ballot may be why I started posting here, but i'm not leaving with it. We'll all still be here, just be a little more spread out.

Edit: 53 posts to page 700, roughly 8 hours left (where I live).
:gawmelee:

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Hey, Chandeelure Chandeelure - I like that new signature of yours, there! ;) Do you mind if I ask where the rest of the art came from? I really like the style of it.

I'm working on something new for my signature right now, though it's only partially Kirby-related. With any luck, it'll be ready before the ballot's end, so hopefully I'll get to post it in here. :laugh:

It's because some folks have stated or implied that they won't be staying once DLC speculation is over, and some folks might not return for the next game, either. We're taking the chance to say goodbye and make the best of the final hours of the time we've all spent together in these threads.

The question is though, who will actually post in dee social forum?
I will.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Hey, Chandeelure Chandeelure - I like that new signature of yours, there! ;) Do you mind if I ask where the rest of the art came from? I really like the style of it.

I'm working on something new for my signature right now, though it's only partially Kirby-related. With any luck, it'll be ready before the ballot's end, so hopefully I'll get to post it in here. :laugh:
I found Dedede here: https://www.reddit.com/r/smashart/comments/2krbs4/king_dedede_in_his_classic_crouch_position_im/
and I added the background.

It will look awesome.

Top Bottom