• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Tiny bit of Kirby merchandise news again, chaps.

AmiAmi has gotten some stock of the clear best of the keychain-plushes, the "Dangling" version, where Kirby looks like he's holding onto whatever item you've clipped him onto. This one sold out fast during the pre-order phase, and was the first to go at that time, so if anyone missed out on this then, you've got a second chance now.

Still no word on pre-orders for the Waddle Dee coin-purse and giant cushion that we saw earlier in the year, and sadly still no sign of new additions to the Kirby All Star Collection plush set (I'm still holding out for an official Bandana Waddle Dee plush! :laugh:).

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
xD That is the most hilarious scene the SSE has just becase Bowser gets ***** slapped. I will give DDD just that one.
The irony being that if we weren't looking at Smash re-scaling here, Bowser would absolutely tower over Dedede, and Dedede would very likely be a wuss about it. :laugh:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Last edited:

BlueZard

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tangerine1234
I'm currently trying to find some Kirby tunes to listen to for certain scenarios.
I'm specifically looking for:

-"Final days of the ballot" theme (something to get us really pumped!)
-"Victory" theme (if Bandana Dee is confirmed!)
-"Failure" theme (if Bandana Dee is not one of the ballot winners...)

Also, assuming we do get multiple characters from the ballot, do you think the characters would be revealed all at once? Or would they possibly be revealed one by one over a certain period of time?

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I think the gigantic, mechanical mallet would boost his confidence, though.
If we're ignoring Smash, though, in Kirby canon, it's just a wooden hammer. :laugh: Of course, that doesn't rule out the other hammer that goes with the mask...

I'm currently trying to find some Kirby tunes to listen to for certain scenarios.

I can only help with this one - try this. :grin:

Also, assuming we do get multiple characters from the ballot, do you think the characters would be revealed all at once? Or would they possibly be revealed one by one over a certain period of time?
I wouldn't like to hazard a guess.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
So I just replayed Dededetour (I still love them for that name), and MAJOR spoilers:
Masked Dedede is King Dedede

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390

Just play Fountain of Dreams over and over.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Untitled-1.jpg

Ridley: "So, he ***** slapped you?"

Bowser: "Yes, and he will pay."

Ridley: "OH, LOOK! Your penguin friend is here to say hi! but, what was that stuff you just told me? That you would turn him into a roasted penguin? Bowsy, HOW CAN YOU BE SO MEAN TO THE POOR LITTLE PENGUIN?"

DDD: *creepy looking in the background, looking for the turtle*

Bowser: "...*gulp*..."

Ridley: "It was nice knowing you...Wait, no, it actually wasn't."

xD Just a random idea.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
View attachment 72967

Ridley: "So, he ***** slapped you?"

Bowser: "Yes, and he will pay."

Ridley: "OH, LOOK! Your penguin friend is here to say hi! but, what was that stuff you just told me? That you would turn him into a roasted penguin? Bowsy, HOW CAN YOU BE SO MEAN TO THE POOR LITTLE PENGUIN?"

DDD: *creepy looking in the background, looking for the turtle*

Bowser: "...*gulp*..."

Ridley: "It was nice knowing you...Wait, no, it actually wasn't."

xD Just a random idea.
You just made my day. Thank you. Haha!

smashkirby

Smash Hero

"Final days of the ballot"
I can't find a video for the "Victory", but I want the music that plays when you acquire a Lor Starcutter piece.
"Failure"

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603

You have to think about a victory theme, for a KIRBY character? It's gotta be this

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don't see why. Some games have really good voice acting that enhances the experience. Sure, there will be the occasional Super Mario Sunshine or Sonic Adventure with...less than good voice acting, but that's no reason to dislike it. Hell, this games voice acting is pretty damn bad, but it doesn't change my view on voice acting.
i love Metal Face's voice in Xenoblade he sounds so cruel and evil.
anything happen?
well it turns out you just posted a reply in this thread and i'm posting right now replying to your question,
nothing really happened we are deesperate for something to talk about related to Kirby or Bandana Dee.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I thought this became a "non-social" thread two days ago.

Bandana Dee for Smash.
It did, but we all know that there is some degree of natural flow to conversations in a thread even when trying to stick more rigidly to its subject and the series relating to it. For example, that Jet Hammer discussion came up off of the back of ponderings about BWD having a useless move or two, and the Star Fox tangent came up as a result of discussing voice-acting in the Kirby series, and so on. It's no different to the occasional tangents in other support threads.

I assume that that's why nobody has apparently minded these, as they've come up completely naturally, rather than as a result of a random person popping up and yelling something like "HAY YU GUISE, COMENT ON XYZ IRELVANT RUMER PLZ!!1". :laugh:

It's frustrating that there isn't more to discuss right now - aside from keeping up what we've been doing, there's very little else we can do with regards to campaigns and the ballot at this point, as it's very likely that the majority of activity has now occurred, and new things at this late stage may very well not have much of an impact, if any. I guess every character-support thread is feeling this to some degree, right now.

Last edited:

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
As with @ D-Man9293 D-Man9293 , I'd be indifferent, too. In my case, I don't use custom moves because none of Dedede's work as well as his standard ones, so it's something that I've had no reason to get into.
Remember, Dedede's already perfect, that's why his customs aren't too good.

Anyway, Kirby has good customs. Upper Cutter has very little startup lag and can decently work as an off the top kill move. Jumping Inhale can be useful to close the distance, and Hammer Bash just feels better for a quick read punish compared to Flip.
Meteor Stone can be good for those air dodge reads and such.

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
Remember, Dedede's already perfect, that's why his customs aren't too good.
I despise Dashing Jet Hammer. I can never spacing a punish properly and it's fast. It also kills as early as 80%.
Edit: Autocorrect prevented despise from being deespise.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Customs are usually weird because they're supposed to stand out from the balanced default moves (most of the time), so some balance of speed or power is usually given to the move. Depending on how the balance is implemented the move turns out to be really good or really bad.

However, I wouldn't mind a powerful Spearcopter that takes foes straight up to the top of the blast zone before killing them at 50 or a rapid spear throw that caused opponents to flinch while also covering aerial and grounded approaches due to its arc :awesome:.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Customs are usually dumb because they're supposed to stand out from the balanced default moves (most of the time)
They are supposed to be alternatives to standard movies, not necessary better in every way ^^

I don't think custom moves are dumb, bad or anything, but since I only play online, they aren't of much use for me. What is dumb is Nintendo prohibiting custom moves and Mii Fighters from most online modes.

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
Hey guys, you know what could be cool if pulled off correctly? Another Kirby game that was similar to Return to Dream Land, but:

Every non-final copy ability appeared in it (no Master, Triple Star, Love-Love Stick etc)

Each non-limited use ability had a Super version (no Mike, Crash, Paint etc supers)

There was a Super meter which filled up after killing enemies. Mid-bosses and Bosses granted a large chunk, but said supers can't be used against most bosses.

Dedede, MK, and BDee were playable, and each had a different super based on them. Dedede has Waddle Dee Army (with the friendly Waddles being clearly distinguished), MK had the Magic ability attack where he flew around and KO'd every on screen enemy (with as many uses as possible before the meter ran out) and BDee had the Waddle Tank.

Hypernova was in, and obtaining it would be KOing enemies with Star Spit or swallowing enemies without abilities. It would be obtained just like the super meter.

There are other things, but I can't think of them at the moment.

Top Bottom