• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
So one of the characters is to make the fans love him and the other to hate him? That's actually pretty smart, he can cause conflicting emotions so people can't fault him for Shovel Knight because their too grateful for Ridley, and it might just cause enough emotional tension to break physics, so there you go :troll:.

Also, @Chalo5000 , are you a time traveller?
View attachment 73053 click for proofs
Now please tell me who wins the ballot, and I'll not report you to the time travel police.
Seriously though, I wonder why the time gets out of sync, Smashboards clock is off beat?

And now I'm curious, if Sakurai gave you you the right to pick the next Kirby rep, but for some reason he wouldn't allow Bandana Dee, who would you pick? Personally I'd pick Dark Matter swordsman, but I'm curious as to what ideas you guys have.
Adeleine without question, coming packaged with a Quiet Forest stage with this music right here:

And a bunch of other Crystal Shards music.

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
So one of the characters is to make the fans love him and the other to hate him? That's actually pretty smart, he can cause conflicting emotions so people can't fault him for Shovel Knight because their too grateful for Ridley, and it might just cause enough emotional tension to break physics, so there you go :troll:.

Now please tell me who wins the ballot, and I'll not report you to the time travel police.
Seriously though, I wonder why the time gets out of sync, Smashboards clock is off beat?

And now I'm curious, if Sakurai gave you you the right to pick the next Kirby rep, but for some reason he wouldn't allow Bandana Dee, who would you pick? Personally I'd pick Dark Matter swordsman, but I'm curious as to what ideas you guys have.
Prince Fluff. I'm not biased towards Epic Yarn, what are you talking about?

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Bugzzy, got to have that grappling fighter somehow. To hell with that Hornhead knockoff and realize who the true wrestling insect is. :awesome:

Bandana Dee3

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0379-7875-6874
Recently I've been watchin super Mario bros Z
at one part Mario grabbed a spear and was using it in very crazy ways I was think some of these moves could be used in Bandana Waddle Dee's moveset
here's the video at he starts using the spear at 0:37

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
CM Punk needs to get back into his wrestling career like Funaki.

On the subject of the Kirby Starman, I've been thinking of something. What if a Kirby themed mobile game would be an endless jumper with many playable Kirby characters that took place in Bubbly Clouds. You can have your main characters like Kirby and Dee while several enemies can be playable like Starman and Bronto Burt. I can imagine the roster being around a good 10 with twice the amount of stages as Dedede's Drum Dash.

Inb4 mobile Nintendo games are the Devil.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Inb4 mobile Nintendo games are the Devil.
Actually, the bigger issue is that Nintendo don't own the full rights to the Kirby series, and cannot freely use it or its characters without HAL Laboratory also being involved. This was evidenced fairly recently, when they couldn't use Kirby characters for the Skylanders SuperChargers crossover (whilst I joked about it at the time of the crossover's reveal, I do seriously wonder if Hammer Slam Bowser actually was influenced by Dedede, now ;)).

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Bugzzy, got to have that grappling fighter somehow. To hell with that Hornhead knockoff and realize who the true wrestling insect is. :awesome:
You know, it boggles my mind Smash still doesn't have an actual dedicated grappler. Even though he has no command grabs, the closest we have would be Ness (Ganondorf and Bowser have command grabs but their playstyle isn't heavily focused on their grabs). So Bugzzy could be an interesting addition to the roster.
Why are we talking about a Mario power up? Or a Robot Master?
Or...

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
You know, it boggles my mind Smash still doesn't have an actual dedicated grappler. Even though he has no command grabs, the closest we have would be Ness (Ganondorf and Bowser have command grabs but their playstyle isn't heavily focused on their grabs). So Bugzzy could be an interesting addition to the roster.

Or...

I'd say Luigi counts as a grappler.

Seriously, how many characters/items are called Star Man in video games? Power-up in Mario, enemy in Kirby, enemy in Earthbound, wrestler in Pro Wrestling and boss in Mega Man. Is there more?

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Seriously, how many characters/items are called Star Man in video games? Power-up in Mario, enemy in Kirby, enemy in Earthbound, wrestler in... some game (sorry, don't remember the name) and boss in Mega Man. Is there more?
Well, there is a DC comics hero with the name in addition to an 80's sci-fi film called Starman.

Last edited:

Reila

To Luigi, you press the grab button and tilt the control stick down.
Well, it's more complex than that, but know that about 90% of Luigi's damage and KOs come from his down throw.
I see... Well, if you consider him a grappler, I won't argue. But when I say that Smash lacks a grappler, I am thinking of characters like Zangief/Hugo (Street Fighter), Goro Daimon/Clark Steel (King of Fighters), Celebella/Beowulf (Skullgirls) and various others. I wonder how they would implement grappling mechanics to Smash without making the character either total garbage or broken.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I see... Well, if you consider him a grappler, I won't argue. But when I say that Smash lacks a grappler, I am thinking of characters like Zangief/Hugo (Street Fighter), Goro Daimon/Clark Steel (King of Fighters), Celebella/Beowulf (Skullgirls) and various others. I wonder how they would implement grappling mechanics to Smash without making the character either total garbage or broken.
So, not Ice Climbers?

Reila

So, not Ice Climbers?
Pretty much. :p

Ice Climbers were only sort-of-grapplers because of a poor implemented mechanic, though. Still, I can't help but love them and want them back, with some native and weaker version of a chain grab (so the old Ice Climber mains won't feel "betrayed", after all Sakurai seems to care about this).

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Pretty much. :p

Ice Climbers were only sort-of-grapplers because of a poor implemented mechanic, though. Still, I can't help but love them and want them back, with some native and weaker version of a chain grab (so the old Ice Climber mains won't feel "betrayed", after all Sakurai seems to care about this).
Eh, good riddance. Rosalina & Luma are essentially Ice Climbers done right. But yeah, Luigi is pretty much Smash's grappler.

Reila

Eh, good riddance. Rosalina & Luma are essentially Ice Climbers done right. But yeah, Luigi is pretty much Smash's grappler.
Hm... Not really. Coming from someone who played both Ice Climbers and Rosalina & Luma a fair bit, they are vastly different from each other. They fill different niches. Regardless, Ice Climbers will surely come back in the next game, so I am just playing the waiting game (and Smash 4) now :)

Last edited:

HenryZusa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HENRYZUSA
3DS FC
2793-0702-9089
Hi everybody, my name is Enrique from Mexico City.
I support Bandana Dee for a spot as a DLC character in Smash.
I'm also a college student and recently we made an animation project.
I decided to make a fan-trailer for Bandana Dee's confirmation to show my support.
It's not a professional work, as this is my first time in Maya, yet I enjoyed it so much.

I really hope you like it.
BTW, I didn't make the character announcement picture , credits to its respective authors.

Or...

What's up with Nintendo and their Star Mans ?
Not to mention :4megaman: fought a robot master named Star Man.
Hi everybody, my name is Enrique from Mexico City.
I support Bandana Dee for a spot as a DLC character in Smash.
I'm also a college student and recently we made an animation project.
I decided to make a fan-trailer for Bandana Dee's confirmation to show my support.
It's not a professional work, as this is my first time in Maya, yet I enjoyed it so much.

I really hope you like it.
BTW, I didn't make the character announcement picture , credits to its respective authors.

I liked that animation, welcome to the Bandana Brigade.
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHhpMn_PAQ
According to a Miiverse post by director Shinya Kumazaki :kirby:
Taranza's mechanically-altered voice was "designed with the image of an androgynous young spider" :dr-_-:
Dude Looks Like a Lady
You only hear his voice in Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe thou :drshrug:
That person only got a silver medal. Mother of God.
If we're ignoring Smash, though, in Kirby canon, it's just a wooden hammer. :laugh: Of course, that doesn't rule out the other hammer that goes with the mask...

I can only help with this one - try this. :grin:

I wouldn't like to hazard a guess.
Dedede can cut with that wooden mallet as shown in Kirby:Triple Deluxe.
SPOILERS ALERT FOR KIRBY:TRIPLE DELUXE! (If you haven't finished Dededetour don't read this.)
If Dedede could defeat Dark Meta Knight, who become stronger since his last battle and defeated Meta Knight,by himself.Plus,he defeated Queen Sectonia DX and Shadow Dedede BEFORE him. I pretty sure he could defeat Bowser.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Don't know what you're talking about. Sliding without momentum back and forth with an attack that comes out in 1/60th of a second is about as real as it gets. :troll:
But setting yourself on fire and launching through the air at high speeds, that's the realest **** right there.
If Dedede could defeat Dark Meta Knight, who become stronger since his last battle and defeated Meta Knight,by himself.Plus,he defeated Queen Sectonia DX and Shadow Dedede BEFORE him. I pretty sure he could defeat Bowser.
Doubtful. Bowser's size alone would probably fell a majority of the Kirby villains. He'd just step on Dark Meta Knight, I doubt that Queen Sectonia would care for fire breath very much, and Shadow Dedede is just Dedede but...shadowy.

Doubtful. Bowser's size alone would probably fell a majority of the Kirby villains. He'd just step on Dark Meta Knight, I doubt that Queen Sectonia would care for fire breath very much, and Shadow Dedede is just Dedede but...shadowy.
Dark Meta Knight would be too fast for :4bowser:. I'm not sure about the others. But, God help :4bowser: if he went against Sectonia Soul.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Dark Meta Knight would be too fast for :4bowser:. I'm not sure about the others. But, God help :4bowser: if he went against Sectonia Soul.
Despite what Smash may lead you to believe, Bowser is actually quite fast. So fast, that Mario, who's fast as ****, needs a headstart to just barely outrun Bowser.

Despite what Smash may lead you to believe, Bowser is actually quite fast. So fast, that Mario, who's fast as ****, needs a headstart to just barely outrun Bowser.
:4bowser: is pretty fast, but I don't think he could keep up with Dark Meta Knight,who one-shotted and blitzed :4metaknight:.
Not to mention, :4kirby: could defeat Dark Meta Knight with 1/4 of his strength.
I just realized that :4bowser: is faster than :4mario: in this game.
Source: http://vsbattles.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Meta_Knight

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
:4bowser: is pretty fast, but I don't think he could keep up with Dark Meta Knight,who one-shotted and blitzed :4metaknight:.
Not to mention, :4kirby: could defeat Dark Meta Knight with 1/4 of his strength.
I just realized that :4bowser: is faster than :4mario: in this game.
Source: http://vsbattles.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Meta_Knight
But he's several times stronger, can alter his size at will, has an unlimited supply of hammers, and can breathe fire. And that's just skimming.

But he's several times stronger, can alter his size at will, has an unlimited supply of hammers, and can breathe fire. And that's just skimming.
They would be pretty useless since Dark Meta Knight could blitz him. If :4metaknight: couldn't defeat him, how could :4bowser:?
And yes, speed does play a important role in a fight.
It was the main reason why :4sonic: defeated :4mario: in their Death Battle.
(I hope I'm not being a fanboy, I'm just deebateing. :dedede:)

Last edited:
Top Bottom