• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
That convo might have been dead but I just wanted to say that the only "true" villains in Smash are :4bowser:, :4bowserjr:& :4ganondorf:. Even then, Bowser has had roles of a hero in the Mario RPG games.

These guys have had villainous roles but aren't actually villainous. :4dedede:, :4metaknight:, :4dk:, :4wario2:, :4rob:(SSE) & even :4mario: of all people.

So in conclusion, Dedede's just a jerk.
Thank you for not including Mewtwo in the list of villains. People love to call it a villain, even though its only appearance as an antagonist was in a non-canon animated movie. In the games, Mewtwo might have questionable intents (if you believe in Pokédex entries), but it still is just a Pokémon as any other :p
But anyway, have any of you had an opinion on a Kirby character that changed considerably over time?
Bandana Dee. As I said above, I went from being against Bandana Waddle Dee to being okay with his inclusion. I mean, if we can have 36 Fire Emblem characters in the roster, what bad would it do to have a fourth Kirby rep? Plus, spears are cool weapons.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
It's also weird how some people say Dedede is a villain, but they don't consider Bandana Dee one.
Bandana Dee is always supporting Dedede... and Meta Knight in Mass Attack, for some reason.

Last edited:

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
It's also weird how some people say Dedede is a villain, but they don't consider Bandana Dee one.
Bandana Dee is always supporting Dedede... and Meta Knight in Mass Attack, for some reason.
Dedede was Dededead, so he had to serve Meta Knight by Deefault.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I used to not like King Dedede for being such a generic villain, but the way he transformed from generic villain to assistant savior of an entire solar system, to full-blown hero was amazing.
Do you just have an entire photo library of these?

Elec

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5086-5666-2210
Thank you for not including Mewtwo in the list of villains. People love to call it a villain, even though its only appearance as an antagonist was in a non-canon animated movie. In the games, Mewtwo might have questionable intents (if you believe in Pokédex entries), but it still is just a Pokémon as any other :p

People really like to pick on Dark types too. Its really only the trainer's intention & not the Pokemon.
_
Anyways, Have any of you played a Kirby game you never played before this year? I think I played Rainbow Curse for a little while, pretty fun I guess.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
People really like to pick on Dark types too. Its really only the trainer's intention & not the Pokemon.
_
Anyways, Have any of you played a Kirby game you never played before this year? I think I played Rainbow Curse for a little while, pretty fun I guess.
True, though Dark-type is called Evil-type in Japan. Which reminds, there's this Malamar in the X&Y anime who is pretty wicked.

I finished Canvas Curse and Mass Attack this year. I never gave much attention to the experimental Kirby games, but they are pretty fun (Canvas Curse, at least).

Necrodeus' theme from Mass Attack is pretty good

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Anyways, Have any of you played a Kirby game you never played before this year?
I have - quite a few, in fact. Specifically;

Kirby Triple Deluxe (3DS)
Kirby Super Star Ultra (DS)
Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe (3DS) (This one was heavily delayed here, so I actually bought it on its European launch day.)
Kirby's Block Ball (GB) (3DS VC)
Kirby Squeak Squad (DS)

I also picked up the digital re-release of Kirby's Return to Dream Land (or, rather, "Kirby's Adventure Wii", here), but I haven't had the time to start on that yet. I've got a lot more time for handheld titles.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Marx's story is hmm... "cool", but not creepy.
The only thing I see is an ugly ball who steals a wish, becomes an uglier ball with wings, dies, and then comes to life with the power of magic XD
He appears like 2 minutes in the entire game, his boss fight was like: "remember that thing that appeared for 5 seconds in the intro? He is EVIL"!
But yeah, I like Marx, I just dislike when people think he is like the definition of creepy, evil and the most important and iconic Kirby boss... he wasn't even the first one.
Don't call him a ugly ball, he's cute and evil and that's one of many reasons i love him.
"the most important and iconic Kirby boss" that would be Dedede, he may not be a villain, Meta Knight is important yeah but Dedede was the first final boss and Kirby's biggest rival, he also appears in more games than Meta knight.
I used to really hate King Dedede,
How is that possible? he's perfect!
What is that I face?
NoPunNintendo.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Don't call him a ugly ball, he's cute and evil and that's one of many reasons i love him.
"the most important and iconic Kirby boss" that would be Dedede, he may not be a villain, Meta Knight is important yeah but Dedede was the first final boss and Kirby's biggest rival, he also appears in more games than Meta knight.
How is that possible? he's perfect!

NoPunNintendo.
o-o I used to hate him too...well...now, I don't pay too much attention to him, but I don't hate him, UNTIL I remember the 100 times he killed me in the Air Ride event. I used the City Trial free run to kill him out of rage before I got Brawl. =u=;

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
o-o I used to hate him too...well...now, I don't pay too much attention to him, but I don't hate him, UNTIL I remember the 100 times he killed me in the Air Ride event. I used the City Trial free run to kill him out of rage before I got Brawl. =u=;
You do know that it's treasonous to be so mean to that poor little penguin, right? ;) You're going to incur Bandana Dee's wrath now that you've admitted to it! :laugh:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
You do know that it's treasonous to be so mean to that poor little penguin, right? ;) You're going to incur Bandana Dee's wrath now that you've admitted to it! :laugh:
Imo, I didn't really like Dedede before Brawl, and I still kinda don't to this day, but not as much. He's fine, but eh, BDee, Meta, Adeleline and others I like more than him.

And also, I hate the Kirby Anime of him the most.

AndreaAC

Oh, Jesus Christ, I'm "trembling" in fear! xD I REGRET NOTHING OF WHAT I SAID! I willl never forget how much rage he caused me!

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
Does anyone else think that the Brawl version of the Squeak Squad theme has a part that sounds like Drawcia Soul (the speed beeps and boops)?

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
And also, I hate the Kirby Anime of him the most.
Don't worry, so do I! The anime version is horrendously out-of-character (not to mention, officially anime-Dedede is a separate entity, since officially the anime is an alternate universe). :crazy:

Oh, Jesus Christ, I'm "trembling" in fear! xD I REGRET NOTHING OF WHAT I SAID! I willl never forget how much rage he caused me!
:laugh:

EDIT:

Does anyone else think that the Brawl version of the Squeak Squad theme has a part that sounds like Drawcia Soul (the speed beeps and boops)?
I actually haven't heard it. Do you have a link to a YouTube video or similar, please?

Last edited:

AndreaAC

xD @ Chandeelure Chandeelure , I think Magolor has the artistic ability I wish I had. =u= if it is too much for this place, I will remove it.

AndreaAC

That's a beautiful drawing XD
Don't worry, I don't think that picture is against the rules.
xD TOTALLY! TT 3 O I wish I could draw as fast and as perfect like Magolor does!

.U. And I hope so, Drawcia's body worried me!

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Drawcia Soul or Brawl Squeak Squad?
Oops, I should've been clearer! :laugh: Sorry about that, I meant Brawl Squeak Squad.

Has anyone heard of Kid Kirby?
It is a hideous abomination, and going by the known level maps, rather uninspired to put it nicely. It's a good thing it was cancelled - you can tell by looking at it that it probably would have damaged the brand.

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
Oops, I should've been clearer! :laugh: Sorry about that, I meant Brawl Squeak Squad.

It is a hideous abomination, and going by the known level maps, rather uninspired to put it nicely. It's a good thing it was cancelled - you can tell by looking at it that it probably would have damaged the brand.
I think it's just the fast computerized booping that gives off some similarities (1:04)

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

Yeah, the art style looked like garbage, the controls looked painful to say the least, and on top of that, the developers were, DMA design, better known as (Prepare the salt) Rockstar North. I'm done.

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
Are there any Kirby songs you guys have second-guessed (i.e you heard it, didn't like it, but then you warmed up to it)? I couldn't even list the amount I have, but here are some highlights:

Brawl Marx Battle (I actually triple guessed that one).
Drawcia Sorceress (Most recent, earlier today)
02 Original and Brawl (Original I thought started off too slowly and was boring, Brawl Ver. with the background "Hey"s)

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Although I do like Bandanna Dee, Sailor Waddle Dee, and Meta Knight more than King Dedede, he gets points for having character development in a Nintendo game. Same with Luigi.
Are there any Kirby songs you guys have second-guessed (i.e you heard it, didn't like it, but then you warmed up to it)? I couldn't even list the amount I have, but here are some highlights:

02 Original and Brawl (Original I thought started off too slowly and was boring, Brawl Ver. with the background "Hey"s)
I didn't like Moonstruck Blossom or Magolor Phase I at first, but the former is one of my favorite themes in the series.
While we're on the subject of music, what is everybody's favorite Kirby songs? Mine are Revenge of the Enemy, C-R-O-W-N-E-D, The Strongest Knight in the Galaxy, and Floral Fields, in that order.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Although I do like Bandanna Dee, Sailor Waddle Dee, and Meta Knight more than King Dedede, he gets points for having character development in a Nintendo game. Same with Luigi.

I didn't like Moonstruck Blossom or Magolor Phase I at first, but the former is one of my favorite themes in the series.
While we're on the subject of music, what is everybody's favorite Kirby songs? Mine are Revenge of the Enemy, C-R-O-W-N-E-D, The Strongest Knight in the Galaxy, and Floral Fields, in that order.
Magalor phase 1 is so underrated. And it's called under my control.

Last edited:

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64

Definetly Sectonia's theme. I was all like: "Wut is dis chiz? Itc sew laaaaiime." That's because the game hadn't come out yet and I was listening to the first 20 sec. On you tube. Then I listened to the next 40 sec. I was barfing rainbow wasps.

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
I don't know what my favourite is, but the Rainbow Curse version of Candy Constellation is up there. There are so many good ones, the very top of the group is muddled. Masked Dedede's Revenge and, although not strictly a Kirby song, the Ice Cream Island Medley from Smash 4 are also up there.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I'm a big fan of Big Forest, I also love the Kirby 64 soundtrack. I also like the KSSU soundtrack.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Now we have to get BDee in Smash so he can be in SMM.
Wah. But if he's in Smash he'll be in Mario Maker most likely.

I don't know why people care about BWD's moveset. As long as he's in Smash, I don't care what attacks he has, no matter how terrible some may be.
And good thing there's DLC, so the Amiibo can be added that way.

Top Bottom