• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I like the idea of the faceplant as a move. It could be really funny if it did, like 3%, but had enormous knockback at the cost of slow startup.

BoltDragon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mario_Seth
3DS FC
0989-2878-5909
You know what, I should keepsupporting this thread even after the DLC vote ends! I really am enjoying posting my thoughts and emotions toward Bandana Waddle Dee. After all, Bandana Waddle Dee is cool!

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
waddle flop sux, a generic slam attack over more creative ideas? no... just no... staboomerang is creative though, a punny name and something new, imo I hate waddle flop as a move, maybe a dash attack but instead of down b flop... parasols? bombs? nruff? star blocks? items? even carryng? enemies? I don't at all see the appeal at all of waddle flop... also the normal price is 4$ 5$ for both i think maybe 3 and 4 and a pack with lucas seems... random, I mean they're 2 unrelated characters, maybe because they're both from hal?
overall it was ok... I'd reccomend making staboomerang a down b... and make side b nruff or a parasol, maybe keep side b staboomerang and make those two down bs, also enemy spawning.
Replace something Waddle Dees have done with a Link Side B...ok

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
People are going to kll me for this but,
is honestly my least favorite. Yeah, I know, the fan favorite, but I never really saw anything that special. I don't dislike him though, he's just my least favorite of them.
Now I'm wondering, Is it weird that I like
?

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
People are going to kll me for this but,
is honestly my least favorite. Yeah, I know, the fan favorite, but I never really saw anything that special. I don't dislike him though, he's just my least favorite of them.
Now I'm wondering, Is it weird that I like
?
A question... o_o is that...supposed to be a dog's head with feet and its ears are its arms...?

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
A question... o_o is that...supposed to be a dog's head with feet and its ears are its arms...?
Yes, it's exactly what you think it is :laugh:. The dog's name is Box Boxer, he's got a pretty weird design if you ask me.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Yes, it's exactly what you think it is :laugh:. The dog's name is Box Boxer, he's got a pretty weird design if you ask me.
O.O Oh....definitely, I'm terrified...but there's one thing:
boxer-alcomar.jpg
The name doesn't seem to fit...considering it reminds me more of these than a Boxer:
Sad-Dogs-Animal-Wallpaper.jpg

honestly. xD

D

Deleted member

My least favourite mini boss is Gigant Edge
there is nothing special about this guy his design is generic his attack paatern are slow and forgettable I honestly hope too god they don't bring him back again for the next kirby game
and bring back the Bugzzy!

Last edited by a moderator:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
View attachment 71266 The name doesn't seem to fit...considering it reminds me more of these than a Boxer:
View attachment 71267
honestly. xD
Man, I LOVE dogs. I'd love to have a puppy, but I digress. I guess I just LOVE their floppy ears, and faces and....whoa. Where'd all THIS come from? I mean I love puppies, but still.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I like the idea of the faceplant as a move. It could be really funny if it did, like 3%, but had enormous knockback at the cost of slow startup.
Kind of like Dedede's equivalent*, but less damaging, then?

*Though one could argue that this is less of a faceplant, and more of a failed attempt at tobogganing, which really isn't useful for penguin species that hail from warmer climates. :laugh:

D

Deleted member

The closest thing to a Boss/Sub-Boss that i dislike is the Rolling Turtle.

Last edited by a moderator:

Furret24

Smash Master
Hey everyone, it's question time.

If Bandana Dee were to get in, what would his entrance appearance be? I'm thinking would fly onto the stage in a similar fashion to how he ended up on Kirby's warpstar in the intro cuisine to Return to Dreamland.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed

If Bandana Dee were to get in, what would his entrance appearance be? I'm thinking would fly onto the stage in a similar fashion to how he ended up on Kirby's warpstar in the intro cuisine to Return to Dreamland.
Try as I might, I can only imagine his entrance being the same as it was when he debuted in Megaton Punch, way back when.

D

Deleted member

I just hope it in CGI.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team

I hope he comes in carrying a empty chariot/throne/chair, like how the waddle dees carry Dedede in, except he realizes that he isn't carrying Dedede and tosses it and sighs out of relief.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I hope he comes in carrying a empty chariot/throne/chair, like how the waddle dees carry Dedede in, except he realizes that he isn't carrying Dedede and tosses it and sighs out of relief.
That would be hilarious. :laugh:

Actually, I'm surprised by the level of detail on that thing, considering the brief amount of time that it's on-screen in a match. For the briefest moment when Dedede jumps out of it, you can see that the cushion has star-print fabric on it.

Last edited:

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
Guys, guys, guys. We all know his entrance would have him fly out of Kabuu's mouth like the warpstar does in the anime.:troll::troll::troll:

Amingo

Smash Apprentice

I think his entrace in Megaton Punch sub-game from Super Star could work well.

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero

I think that he would fly in with spearcopter, then tighten his bandana.

Oh, also, what do you guys think his victory animations would be? The only thing I can think of is him doing his salute that he does to Elline in Rainbow Curse.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Oh, also, what do you guys think his victory animations would be? The only thing I can think of is him doing his salute that he does to Elline in Rainbow Curse.
I can imagine one being his victory pose from Megaton Punch, and another being a spear-raise that mimics Dedede's hammer-raise up-taunt. (Can you imagine the two of them pulling off those taunts at the same time? It'd be adorable. :laugh:)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

stop double posting, you can edit post.
I think the Dee is next for Smashified...

EDIT: Crap, never mind. They said it would be a female. :(
wait a series that has been smashified, female.

kumatora?
inb4 dixie.
Box Boxer is my least favorite too.
kabula because in the true arena, my teammate disappears, and i always got hit at least once.
View attachment 71266 The name doesn't seem to fit...considering it reminds me more of these than a Boxer:
View attachment 71267
honestly. xD
i hate box boxer because you have to kill him...
why must he look like a dog?
Man, I LOVE dogs. I'd love to have a puppy, but I digress. I guess I just LOVE their floppy ears, and faces and....whoa. Where'd all THIS come from? I mean I love puppies, but still.
i have a dog.
whenever i watch tv and a door bell rings he thinks its the real one i can't help but laugh everytime.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I think his entrace in Megaton Punch sub-game from Super Star could work well.
Wait, you mean that one where he blows kisses to the crowd? I like that one, it's pretty cute.

I think that he would fly in with spearcopter, then tighten his bandana.

Yeah, Spear-copter entrance FTW!

This. No other one required.
I'd like to see TWO versions of that for B.D.'s victory animations. One version where he performs the dance successfully, and another where messes up on the last dance move, and trips clumsily, but adorably.

I can imagine one being his victory pose from Megaton Punch, and another being a spear-raise that mimics Dedede's hammer-raise up-taunt. (Can you imagine the two of them pulling off those taunts at the same time? It'd be adorable. :laugh:)
OMG, that'd be adorable!:love: Maybe even share King DDD's side taunt, chuckling haughtily at the screen, while spinning his little spear in front of him. Actually, when I think about it now, it's essentially him performing Dark Pit's side taunt.:lol:

Top Bottom