• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
I think Nintendo is better off leaving cartoons and anime alone. All three Mario cartoons were horrible, Captain N...we don't speak of that show, the Zelda cartoon was even worse, there's a reason why nobody talks about the DK cartoon, and then of course, there's Right Back at Ya. The Pokémon anime was the only thing close to good they had on TV, and even that went to **** once it got to like, Best Wishes or something.
Video game cartoons in general aren't good. The Mega Man cartoon, the Street Fighter anime, all of the Sonic cartoons except for Sonic X, which was just shy of sucking, and I'm sure there's more I'm forgetting.
The Sonic Boom cartoon is really good though

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I loved Kirby: Right Back At Ya! It's honestly what got me into Kirby, Super Smash Bros, and Nintendo in general, believe it or not!

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
The original Pac-Man cartoon was good, the only thing was thatthey god Pinky's gender wrong.
If you mean the Hanna-Barbera one, they got it right. Pinky is male. Female Pinky is a retcon from more recent times. ;)

EDIT:

I loved Kirby: Right Back At Ya! It's honestly what got me into Kirby, Super Smash Bros, and Nintendo in general, believe it or not!
This is proof positive of why television adaptations are so important. Yours is not an isolated story. ;)

(And you'd better believe that a fair few find Smash appealing precisely because of the groundwork laid down by Captain N, too! :laugh:)

Last edited:

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
I really wish he got in, just to see 4chan pissed as they hate him over there lol. Also for control, there was a SNES game called A Japanese Horror Story or something alike, and the main character wields a lance which he spins it in his own sprite area, maybe it could help make a way to make BD attack.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
@ MarioMeteor MarioMeteor
View attachment 69621
There it is your Jigglypuff, sorry if it took me a while, I was busy with other stuff, and now, time to make the abomination I was asked to do, goddess Bandana Dee or something like that.
You. Are. Amazing. Thank you so much. Nothing quite lowers my manliness level like Jigglypuff. If you ever get stuck on the side of the road or something, just call me. Actually, don't, cause I can't drive, but you get the point.
You even added little music notes! Squee!

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
You. Are. Amazing. Thank you so much. Nothing quite lowers my manliness level like Jigglypuff. If you ever get stuck on the side of the road or something, just call me. Actually, don't, cause I can't drive, but you get the point.
You even added little music notes! Squee!
Aw, thank you! xD I'm really glad you liked it!

AndreaAC

It's literally the best thing since time. I've looked at it three times already.

That is true, I forgot about Sonic Boom. I try to repress all memories that are related to that game.
Wow, xD I didn't know you were going to like it that much since, well, it is pretty simple, and it took me like 5 or 10 minutes to make.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Wow, xD I didn't know you were going to like it that much since, well, it is pretty simple, and it took me like 5 or 10 minutes to make.
I tend to like simpler things over complex things, hence why Jigglypuff is my favorite Pokémon and Bandanna Dee is my favorite Kirby character. Besides, it's Jigglypuff, how could I not like it? It's kind of impressive that you can draw that in 10 minutes, though.

AndreaAC

I tend to like simpler things over complex things, hence why Jigglypuff is my favorite Pokémon and Bandanna Dee is my favorite Kirby character. Besides, it's Jigglypuff, how could I not like it? It's kind of impressive that you can draw that in 10 minutes, though.
Well, I honestly didn't took the exact time, but that's probably it since, again, it was pretty simple and I didn't colored it.

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
Please read this. It may be an extra shot to getting the Dee in Smash. Do you notice how some characters were announced? Toon Link being announced on Wind Waker HD's release date, Diddy Kong announced on Tropical Freeze's release date, and Dedede for Triple Deluxe's release. Soo... wasnt BD's first major role in the series Return to Dreamland, which came out in October? I'm gonna make a bold prediction. We're going to get some BD related news in October, wether it's Smash or not. Probably an announcement trailer for smash. :D

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Please read this. It may be an extra shot to getting the Dee in Smash. Do you notice how some characters were announced? Toon Link being announced on Wind Waker HD's release date, Diddy Kong announced on Tropical Freeze's release date, and Dedede for Triple Deluxe's release. Soo... wasnt BD's first major role in the series Return to Dreamland, which came out in October? I'm gonna make a bold prediction. We're going to get some BD related news in October, wether it's Smash or not. Probably an announcement trailer for smash. :D
This is literally the biggest stretch that I've ever heard. DKC released in November, K ROOL CONFIRMED! Chibi-Robo Ziplash releases in October, CHIBI-ROBO CONFIRMED!

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
What about September, when Kirby Super Star came out in the US? He was in that.
Also, I think his Mario Maker (if there will be one) sprite a sort of mix between a Kirby's Dream Land Waddle Dee, and his Super Star Ultra sprite. Like, the sprite of a KDL WDee + Bandana and colours of SSU.

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
This is literally the biggest stretch that I've ever heard. DKC released in November, K ROOL CONFIRMED! Chibi-Robo Ziplash releases in October, CHIBI-ROBO CONFIRMED!
Did I ever say it was guaranteed to happen? No. I said it was a possibility.

Crimson23

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0662-3915-4434
Hey guys, for the next Kirby game, what console do you think it's gonna be on and who do you think the main characters will be (aside from Kirby)? I feel that Meta Knight will make his return in the next game. Not sure what role though. Anyway, this is just speculation as they haven't announced a new one yet. If it's on Wii U I may be slightly annoyed as I don't have one of them.
I think (mostly hope) that it will be a 3DS/Wii U release. The same main characters that were in KRTDL (Kirby, Meta Knight, Dedede, Bandana Dee) as the playable characters. You start as Kirby, and through the story recruit the others.

Furret24

Smash Master
This thread has been so quiet today. 2 posts in over 8 hours. You can hear the crickets.

Anyway, here's something fun to look at:
I've got a Kirby, Yoshi, and Pikachu amiibo, along with a Kirby plush.

I also hope to get a Game and Watch amiibo and try the stand-still level 50 glitch, ithen train with him so I can get better at the game.

Last edited:

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
I think (mostly hope) that it will be a 3DS/Wii U release. The same main characters that were in KRTDL (Kirby, Meta Knight, Dedede, Bandana Dee) as the playable characters. You start as Kirby, and through the story recruit the others.
That makes me wish for a Kirby RPG. Kirby: Sparkling Star Story

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
I've been watching the Pokemon World Championships. Only one British player in the Finals. Anyway, that was off topic.

On topic, what would you guys think of an actual Kirby fighting game? Like Kirby Fighters Deluxe, but with more playable characters, more elaboration etc. Like KFD, each ability was a separate character, but with adjustments to MK, D3 and BDee so they aren't overshadowed by the Kirby ability (or, don't have the ability as a choice, but if Kirby inhales the characters mentioned, he gets the corresponding ability). Also, maybe some playable antagonist characters and Final Smash like abilities.

Top Bottom