• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
Does anyone else think that the Waddle Dee that appears in one of Dedede's victory animations look like he's saying "King, we need to go now"?

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Guess my theme is:
"Characters that I literally have no emotional attachment to growing up, but have gained a good amount emotional attachment through my research during my speculation of Smash Bros. mainly due to me find Pizzadudemanguy's speculation videos and being quite interested in this whole topic."

D

Deleted member

My characters are Bandana Dee, Phoenix Wright, and Bomberman.
They all have blue.

I have a question for you guys?
How old do you think Kirby, King Dedede, Meta Knight, and Bandana Dee are?
My opinion
:4kirby:: 10
:4dedede:: Mid-60's/Early 70's
:4metaknight:: Ancient
Bandana Dee: 16-20
Also, I'm sorry for using the term, "DK Fanboys", if it offended anyone.

Last edited:

Furret24

Smash Master
Bandana Dee, Rayman, and Pichu are by far my most wanted characters. If you stretched it, they all have yellow on their bodies.

Also, nice F-Smash -> Soccorball combo Mario.

Last edited:

random rendum

Smash Journeyman
I don't even see Shantae on this list. I'd think there would be more people voting for her than Dark Samus or Skull Kid at the very least.

Also, if you ignore Ridley, Snake, Shovel Knight, ICs, Banjo, Bayonetta as all being "Impossible" choices, you are left with the following:

-King K. Rool
-Isaac
-Wolf
-Inkling
-Dixie Kong
-Rayman
-Paper Mario
-Bandana Dee

8th place.
I don't expect rayman imho, and dixie seems to be a smash 5 request, as she's overshadowed by k. rool, 6th, and does that specific list matter?
Hey guys, on a different topic, what is Pix from Kirby 64 supposed to be? Is it organic, mechanical, or something else? Just... what is it?

This is Pix:
gems?.
Yes, he (Magnemite is genderless, though) is. But it's still surprising that Magnemite has more requests than Squirtle and Ivysaur, considering that many other Pokemon could get joke requests as well.
he still has a small chance shrek and goku have none.

my most wanted are, BDee, Paper Mario, Cpt. Toad, Magolor, and Plasm Wraith, all... command stuff.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I just realized, all my most wanted newcomers have blue on them! Bandanna Dee, Geno, and Rundas.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I just realized, all my most wanted newcomers have blue on them! Bandanna Dee, Geno, and Rundas.
Thinking about Rundas makes me shed tears TT _ TT

and well, I may be up for another drawing with BDee, simple ones out of boredom, if someone has a suggestion, please tell.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Is it wrong to support both Bandanna Dee and Magolor? After today's post from PushDustIn, I'm starting to like idea of that blue mage being in Smash a lot. Then there's the fact that I'm finally going to buy Return to Dreamland this weekend.

Last edited:

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
These matches have helped me remember why I hate items.
I get rekt by them.

Oh, and Jigglypuff gets rekt by Toon Link.

Elec

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5086-5666-2210
Dee-LC can easily be real! :D

tbh, I would like to play as Magnemite, that would be pretty hilarious. And no one knows why he even has more votes than Ivysaur & Squirtle.
-
My most wanted characters are Bandana Dee, K. Rool, Pico/(any F-Zero character) & Wolf.

They all have... sharp things?

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
My opinion
This is a fun one. I was actually thinking about this randomly a few days ago, funnily enough. :laugh:

:4kirby: - 9 or 10, going by how he acts and how his on-screen presence is represented in Kirby Super Deluxe (again, showing my age, but the way he wears the baseball caps that come with some abilities is typical of the contemporary look we wore at the time of the game's release :laugh:).

:4dedede: - Mid-20s or early-30s, going by how he's acted ever since he got past the extremely selfish phase (he's quite smart, but even though he can be stubborn he obviously knows he's not infallible and has been shown to make concerted efforts to improve as a person over time, something you typically take notice of in that age-bracket).

:4metaknight: - About the same as Dedede (or maybe a tiny bit older), since they were at one point stated to have been good friends, and I strongly get the impression that they're contemporaries by how they behave in times of crisis.

Bandana Waddle Dee - Late teens or early 20s, as he seems to be in-between all of the others in how he acts.

No offense taken here. :)

D

Deleted member

and well, I may be up for another drawing with BDee, simple ones out of boredom, if someone has a suggestion, please tell.
give him Zamus legs and arms and palutena's hair while looking down on some low being. (normal dee maybe)
Is it wrong to support both Bandanna Dee and Magolor? After today's post from PushDustIn, I'm starting to like idea of that blue mage being in Smash a lot. Then there's the fact that I'm finally going to buy Return to Dreamland this weekend.
you can choose to support whoever you like, it's not like you're doing something horrible.

Last edited by a moderator:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492

Do...do you think you could possibly draw me a picture of Jigglypuff? I would love you for all of eternity.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The thread is moving too fast. >_>

I just read the SG article. I wasn't expecting him to be that popular, to be honest. I guess HAL Labs pushing him has helped more than I thought. Good for us.

Tweet the article, why don't we? @ Chandeelure Chandeelure

My opinion
Well, according to Brawl in the Family, Dedede, Meta Knight and Bandana Dee should be same age. :awesome:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
The key is trying more series! :grin:

Anyway, seriously, though, there will be another Smash. The Japanese ballot page even mentions that the collected data will also be used for future titles.

I just mean hopping on over to the "official" character support threads here on Smashboards and asking to be added to the list. :laugh:

I've got a few more things in mind that I'd love to see (all mainly on the NES/SNES side of things, and all probably likely to show my age in the same way that my existing picks do :laugh:), but I already listed pretty much all of the big ones, above.

EDIT: I'm also on the support list for Wolf, as I really don't like senseless roster cuts.
You know, according to Sakurai, he was even trying to bring back every cut character for Smash 4. This possibly even includes Pichu, who I want to see back in the Smash series, believe it or not. And yes, even Wolf!:p Unfortunately, it looks like that might not pan out just yet...Well, let's wait till October to see how things turn out!:)

You know, according to Sakurai, he was even trying to bring back every cut character for Smash 4. This possibly even includes Pichu, who I want to see back in the Smash series, believe it or not. And yes, even Wolf!:p Unfortunately, it looks like that might not pan out just yet...Well, let's wait till October to see how things turn out!:)
Hopefully not Young Link though... he is so redundant when we have Toon Link.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
With all this talk about themes, I just realized that my three most wanted characters all have a really weird theme. And by weird I mean really weird. They all share something with giant freaky eyeballs.

Dark Matter- Giant Freaky Eyeball monster.
Jirachi- Has a Freaky Eyeball stomach.
Bandana Dee- Fights not one, but two giant Freaky Eyeball monsters in his adventures. And probably a thousand more in the future given how much HAL likes eyeballs :laugh:.

My opinion
Kirby- Anywhere between 1 and 8
:4dedede:-30-40ish
:4metaknight:- 1000 at least
- 20?
(He's actually a one million year old demigod designed to destroy popstar, but don't tell Dee I said that.)

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
My opinion
Mental age or actual age?

Mentally, Kirby is 3 - 6 years, Dedede is 15 - 20 years, Waddle Dee is 6 - 10 years and Meta Knight is 50 - 60 years.

Actual ages... I have no idea.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Hehe...sorry. And thanks!

Edit: This is SUPER interesting! K. Rool overtaking Wolf?

*rubs hands together*

Also surprised at the Magalor support, plus B.Dee being among the top requested newcomers. That in mind, I think B.Dee's chances just skyrocketed knowing he's pulling a lot of support in Japan, next to Rool in terms of newcomers.

Isaac being popular, but still not in the Top 15 might put him exactly on par with B.Dee. One of which is moderately popular in one region but neck and neck in another.

Thinking King K. Rool, Bandana Dee, and Isaac for the Ballot?

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Oh, man! This is so cool! http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/08/22/japantopdlcpart1/

You know, if I had to be honest, I've actually supported BOTH Bandana Dee AND Magolor! Of course, B.D. first to me, and Magolor right after. It's so great to see that hey're BOTH highly requested in Japan! They're both so cute and cuddly and squishy!:love: (What can I say? I like adorable things...:lol:

Last edited:
Top Bottom